• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

Wait a minute, speaking of Julia, actually Julias with 35+ SPD are even more terrifying to me compared to Reinhardts with 50+ ATK. Oh crap, bad banner, mage girls banner is a mistake...

Everyone's freaking out over the affect the current banner is going to have on arena. Meanwhile here I am up against +atk, merged, death blow 3 reinhardts in every match. People must have gotten a ton of them out of the Zephiel one.

Him and the inevitable increase in Linde after the gauntlet banners is why I am so glad I have Hector now. Good to have Hector on one account and Nino on the other.

Reinhardt is bananas though. He's part of the reason I want to promote my Nowi that is +res to 5*to replace my +def/-res. I want to run Xander, Reinhardt with pony buffs to each other, Hector, and Nowi during the time Xander will be a bonus unit. Range counters on every melee unit and Reinhardt to clean up others. Might not work but it sounds fun.

Syntsui

While Lucina and Ryoma are both good units with their own strengths in different areas, red distant counter can really come in handy when the current meta is flooded with Ninos, Bunmillas, and Julias.
I have a spare Hector I could feed her, but that wouldn't be her optimal build right? Too weak >.>

I hope the RNG blesses me on the last day.

Actually do you guys think a Pony Emblem/Armor Emblem team would work?

Thinking of Xander, Reinhardt, Effie, Hector. I have the necessary components to run Hone and fortify Calvary and fortify armor I can put on Effie to make Hector the ultimate wall to blue and green.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Can Hector even live through pony buffed death blow Reinhart to counter?
Looks like at +6/+6 and Death Blow, Hector lives just barely unless the Reinhardt is +atk.

It's not a HUGE issue because in arena against the AI, you can probably separate Rein from buffers.

If you want to tank him though, most greens with Triangle Adept 2 and up can do it.

Akuun

Edit: Bah, forgot I posted earlier. My bad.

While Lucina and Ryoma are both good units with their own strengths in different areas, red distant counter can really come in handy when the current meta is flooded with Ninos, Bunmillas, and Julias.
Yup. I find Ryoma way more useful than Lucina, plus they fill slightly different roles.

Lucina is more glass cannon-ey, which is nice but IMO that much damage at melee range is mostly just overkill on the units she normally goes up against.

Ryoma has slightly less attack, but still packs enough punch to counter melee greens just as well as Lucina, with the added bonus of being able to effortlessly counter and kill green mages on the enemy turn, which frees him up to do other things on your turn.

Hell, he's strong enough to counter Takumi as well, if you don't have another counter for him. Well balanced defensive stats mean that Ryoma can make really good use of Distant Counter.

So Hector, Ryoma, Azura and Linde is pretty much the top tier meta team right now?

That's a real good team. I'd say Reinhardt is more dangerous than Linde if you have a death blow 3 handy though. He has surprising good defense as well to hold off sword attacks and if you run him with Lance Breaker he can stand up to a lot of blue units as well. This is an area Linde falls apart.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I saw there's a Ryoma, Takumi, Azura & Hector banner along with the Ike one.

1. Is Ike a good character? His stats seem decent at the very least.
2. I assume the ryoma, etc. banner is pretty good to waste all my orbs on? I haven't played in a month, and don't plan on playing seriously in a while, but I figure I might as well use my orbs on that/Ike while they're still available.

Akuun

2. I assume the ryoma, etc. banner is pretty good to waste all my orbs on? I haven't played in a month, and don't plan on playing seriously in a while, but I figure I might as well use my orbs on that/Ike while they're still available.
Ike is good, but it seems that Ryoma fills the same role while being better at it.

The Ryoma banner has some of the best characters in the game and a raised roll rate, so it's well worth rolling on. There is a mage banner coming up later that contains a lot of strong mages, so if you want mages you could also save for that.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Ike is good, but it seems that Ryoma fills the same role while being better at it.

The Ryoma banner has some of the best characters in the game and a raised roll rate, so it's well worth rolling on. There is a mage banner coming up later that contains a lot of strong mages, so if you want mages you could also save for that.

What mages out of curiosity?

Mupod

So Hector, Ryoma, Azura and Linde is pretty much the top tier meta team right now?

Out of the box, it's up there. Replace Ryoma with Ike and you have my arena team for next week.

A full flier or cavalry team with infinite resources for inheritance can be game-breaking, but will get slightly fewer points even with the matchmaking changes.

Ike is good, but Ryoma is a little better. The hero fest banner has boosted rates on top of being 3 of the strongest and rarest units in the game, it's a no-brainer to use everything you can on it. Takumi is okay too but he's an old and busted meta unit (close counter is still cool).

You could get paranoid about upcoming new units being stronger, or a swimsuit banner, or whatever. But purely from the perspective of character usefulness you can't go wrong. There will be another good one in a week or two with Linde, Tharja, Julia and Sanaki but it probably won't have 5% rates.

Had 6 orbs and rolled, 3 red orbs and no greens, with disappointment I open one of the reds at random:

Don't want to complain too much because that's pretty crazy but unfortunately it's -Spd/+Def, among the worst if not the worst nature I can think of for him. He's a completely inferior Ike.

I honestly don't even feel like training him up and would rather use Xander.

I feel ya, pulled the same IV Ryoma. Everything I've been pulling seems to always be -Spd

Scum

It's good going through my list of characters. Just found a +ATK -SPD Reinhardt. I also have a +SPD -DEF Klein. Cool. I can give Rising Thunder to Klein.

Scum

Ha good one.
FFMmr.gif

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Whoops, totally forgot I left my main account with 0 orbs... Well my other accounts have 100+ orbs. Got a hector (-HP, +DEF), Takumi (-ATK, +RES - ick), Karel (-HP, +RES), and a Olwen (-RES, +ATK) thus far on one account in about 70/80 orbs..... I already have a ton of reds on that account, and I can't say I need Azura that badly there (I already have an Olivia & a Linde)... so maybe I'll stop on this account.

Other account, got a +DEF, -RES Hector and Azura (+HP, -SPD :( ) and that's about it after 100 orbs.

Mupod

I need a second opinion on Pavise on Hector. Make sense or doesn't work in practice?

Works fine. I just greatly prefer Bonfire because he absolutely murders people with it, combined with Quick Riposte in particular. It's not often I engage melee units with Hector that even dent him. Mine is +def so it's even stronger.

I rerolled for ages trying to get 2 banner units on the initial 22 orbs but couldn't do it. Had a few good units come up but eventually I gave up on a +Spd/-HP Ryoma and linked an account. I suppose I can snipe blue and green with the mountain of orbs you get starting out.

Can't believe my second or third full summon session way back in the beginning I got 3 5 star units all out once and that was without knowing about this rerolling shit. I filtered my heroes in the order that they were obtained and I could see I had 5 5* heroes in my first hundred orbs. My luck used to be so great.

Sushen

+10 Lindes and Julias are coming. It's gonna be great.
I just fought Ike level 40+1, which is a preview of what's coming. I don't have even one, but it was an easy target for Reinhardt.

I also battled the banner team, Ryoma, Hector, Azura, Takuma.

elty

What is the best archer after Tako? I have 2 copies of Klein. They are both -ATK so I guess just feed them to Kagero/Reindhart?

I am training my 3* Nino because I have no mage other than Reindhart. She was surprisingly easy to level despite being 3*. Any idea if I should go all the way to lv40 before promoting to maximize SP gain?

What is the best archer after Tako? I have 2 copies of Klein. They are both -ATK so I guess just feed them to Kagero/Reindhart?

I am training my 3* Nino because I have no mage other than Reindhart. She was surprisingly easy to level despite being 3*. Any idea if I should go all the way to lv40 before promoting to maximize SP gain?

A +Spd/neutral Atk Setsuna with brave bow+ And life and death.

Firemind

This SP grinding is sapping the life out of me.

But I just promoted Olivia to 5* so I gotta make full use of it. Who even has Ruby Sword+?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I haven't gotten any defense wins this season either. Or any friend requests, and I know my friend list isn't full.

Is something broken or did anyone here get a win in the last couple of days?

It was broken before for people. Wins weren't showing up but you got the feathers. I'm guessing it's the same thing this week for some. I find it hard to believe I have no wins after getting a ton the last few weeks.

Zafir

It wasn't broken before for people. Wins weren't showing up but you got the feathers. I'm guessing it's the same thing this week for some. I find it hard to believe I have no wins after getting a ton the last few weeks.

Yeah I had that last week, had no defences listed but I got feathers for defence at the end of the week.

So I decided to try this on a whim today, and my second time summoning this happened

I take it these are good units, so my question is what should I do with them? Is there a certain way to level them up or certain skills I should be aiming for? or is it all pretty linear? Sorry to ask a stupid question, I read the OT, I just didn't see my answer there.

So I decided to try this on a whim today, and my second time summoning this happened

I take it these are good units, so my question is what should I do with them? Is there a certain way to level them up or certain skills I should be aiming for? or is it all pretty linear? Sorry to ask a stupid question, I read the OT, I just didn't see my answer there.

First calculate their IV/Nature and see if they are worth investing in(unless it doesn't matter to you)
Here

Then use the tier list click on the character and strategy tab so it can show you waht can be used on the and why.

Here

Roman

If you have any other questions we have a Discord server linked in the OT of this thread where we can help you out with anything you might need along the way.

First calculate their IV/Nature and see if they are worth investing in(unless it doesn't matter to you)
Here

Then use the tier list click on the character and strategy tab so it can show you waht can be used on the and why.

Here

If you have any other questions we have a Discord server linked in the OT of this thread where we can help you out with anything you might need along the way.

Thanks so much for the help! I'll take a look at both of these.

Wilsongt

Lots of Blue and Green focus heroes availabl, only red and colorless orbs appear.

Pull a colorless, get Olivia.

Fuck this gacha.

Roman

So a -atk/+spd nino is pretty much worthless, right? Just inherit fodder?

+Spd is the best possible boon and -Atk becomes increasingly miniscule once you apply multiple buffs. If you're still not satisfied you can still let her inherit skills and later merge her into a better Nino, like +Spd/-HP or -Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom