• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

Thinking about proper setup for units are both fun and stressful. Compensating for non-ideal IV and setting up SI while building a team takes quite an effort.

Thinking about proper setup for units are both fun and stressful. Compensating for non-ideal IV and setting up SI while building a team takes quite an effort.

I don't find it stressful. I find it interesting. Taking units people don't think have much value and making them strong is part of the fun. There aren't many units like that to work with, since IS has avoided adding more 3* units, and the focus on 5*s with something unique to bring means those units are less likely to be grossly overlooked. It also becomes a bit sad when you realize many units are really just the same stat spread on a different weapon (Adult Tiki and Oboro for example).

Still, I really enjoyed the time I spent looking into how to make a good Firesweep unit, or finding out that Faye is actually pretty damn good so long as you don't pull -Speed (which I of course pulled).

Vena

I find it fun. IVs are a thing to consider but not something I worry overly much about, and I am running a +res/-att MRobin of all things with zero-fucks given.

The 'deck-building' is why I play this game, its a lot of fun to come up with stuff (and I find it extra interesting since I am predominantly F2P aside from 15$ from someone else to spend on the game so I don't have many units).

I find it fun. IVs are a thing to consider but not something I worry overly much about, and I am running a +res/-att MRobin of all things with zero-fucks given.

The 'deck-building' is why I play this game, its a lot of fun to come up with stuff (and I find it extra interesting since I am predominantly F2P aside from 15$ from someone else to spend on the game so I don't have many units).
I'm a min maxer at heart. I love the team I have right now so I'll keep it but man -Atk just guys me for damage units. I did pull a second Hector. Do I feed him to my perfect IV hector maybe?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I put together a team of 4 Odin's for the sake of it. They do no damage. The level 25 4* one does 21 damage. The level 5 3* one does 12.

Vena

Question:

How would you make a + RES - ATK Spring Xander useful?

He's not a good unit even with good IVs. So, really, there's not much to do. You could abuse his big defense for an Ignis build with Renewal+Carrot but I'd sooner recommend doing that with some *other* blue Lance users.

One day old reroll Box
vDeVp4k.png

Old account I played since launch.

This new account still hasn't even beat all hard missions o a lot more orbs left to use/horde. If they weren't damn near all -atk I'd be in heaven.

Ninferno

One day old reroll Box

Old account I played since launch.

This new account still hasn't even beat all hard missions o a lot more orbs left to use/horde. If they weren't damn near all -atk I'd be in heaven.

Wow, that's some pretty insane luck. 38 chars in total with 6 5*s, if the free units are taken out that's like 1 5* in every 5-pull? Congrats.

I have rerolled an account after the golden week banner went live too; it is also pretty decent.

This new alt account is looking promising; with the most fortunate thing being that the key units mostly have OKish IVs, no -Atk or -Spd here. At this stage I'm sniping blue for Azura and hopefully I can get her to complete a viable core and I can then be free to only pull for characters I care about (like the inevitable Celica and maybe Linde and Julia in the girl mages gauntlet banner) not the "best" units gameplay wise. This might just be enough to encourage me to keep this account.

If that turns out to be case, I don't know what to do with the other 2 accounts I have.
(Top: main account from launch. Bottom: alt account rerolled around the Ursula GHB.)
I mean, I've spent a lot of time with them; they have really good units and can reliably achieve 4800+ when I have a 5* arena bonus char; they have healthy reserves of SI fodders; and most importantly, I have put in quite a lot of work in them and I don't want see them down the drain. Hopefully I can find someone who want to take over at least one of them; playing with 3 accounts is just too much work.

ggx2ac

I can't even get a focus character from the hero fest banner.

Went back to the other banner and got Titania with Def Up, Res Down.

It's an okay nature I guess?

Might have been better getting Def Up, HP down. She loses a lot of Res going down.

Literally every match I lose is because of dancer-mage combos. The maps are so cramped that any composition that doesn't revolve around that puts you at a huge disadvantage, and it's getting pretty frustrating.

Loving arena now with Hector and Nowi. Got Eirika and Sharena there for buffs and reciprocal Aid and Renewal on Eirika to get Hector and Nowi back up in health.

Mupod

Oh, Palla is the lead. Must be a flier emblem team. Palla, Bunny Camila, Cecilia, Reinhardt, all +5 and with the max possible inheritance...still won, but these teams are disturbingly common. Res buffed Hector with a +3 HP seal survived Reinhardt with 4 HP, to give you an idea of how ridiculous these teams are.

I've fought four very similar teams on this run alone. Fortunately, when buffed properly Ike seems to be enough. I had to run that gronnblade Camilla through the calculator to be sure that Ike would live, she hit a +res Ike for 34 damage and I'd even eliminated most of her buffers...

Final boss was...a 4* Hana and 3 unmerged reds that Linde one shotted. What?

Ended with 4808 - happy with that! Seems like Quick Riposte 2 doesn't hurt my score much, if at all. I had 4810 on a run with max inheritance characters, but it's pretty random if I get 686 or 688 score teams.

These feathers should put me in range to promote Tharja. I've got her at 4* 40 with like 1200 SP saved up. Only thing is I still need like 3 Hinatas for the builds I want to do, dammit. I've pulled tons of reds on the last two banners and at this point I'm getting topheavy on red 5* again.

Ninferno

Final boss was...a 4* Hana and 3 unmerged reds that Linde one shotted. What?

I literally just ran into the exact same team; 4* Hana and 3 other reds. I was laughing so hard when I saw this opponent that I didn't even bother checking their skills or stats. I didn't even know that Hana is 4* until that "send friend request?" prompt showed up. That team yields 690 points, right? It must be the easiest 690 points I've ever had. Anyway, one-color defense team is a still legit strategy though I will argue red isn't the best choice of color because everyone is now running a strong blue like Reinhardt/Nowi who can just single-handedly delete unlimited number of reds.

Horse Emblem is really prominent in the score range we are in now. Literally every single calvary lead team I met is a Horse Emblem team. And I hate those Horse/Flier Emblems who put a non-meta character as lead. I got this Peri lead team worth 692 points and I was like, hey that's 692 points, maybe it is worth the risk. No matter how buffed this Peri is, she ain't going to do jack shit to my Hector, right? Entered the map and of course the other 3 members turned out to be Reinhadt, Cecilia and Eldigan. And of course it has to be on the twin bridge map.

It was a really close call. Hector with HP+3 survived a hit from Cecilia with 2 HP left, vantaged Reinhardt and Peri (for Peri he actually need some atk buffs) afterwards. Eldigan charged toward my Hector on one bridge while my Reinhardt nuked him from the other. Facing Horse Emblem on the twin bridge is really rough, but it is still slightly better than facing Flier Emblem there...

Ended with 4816 this season. I will probably be out of 5* bonus char next 3 weeks so I will have to settle with the 5k ~ 10k bracket.

Mupod

I literally ran into the exact same team, 4* Hana and 3 other red swords. I was laughing so hard when I saw the opponent that I didn't even bother checking their skills, stars, or merge count, so I didn't even know know that Hana is 4* until that "send friend request?" prompt showed up. That team yields 690 points, right? It must be the easiest 690 points I've ever had.

I hate those Horse/Flier Emblems who put a non-meta character as lead. I got this Peri lead team worth 692 points and I was like, hey that's 692 points, maybe it is worth the risk. Enter the map and of course the other 3 members turns out to be Reinhadt, Cecilia and Eldigan. And of course it has to be on the twin bridge map.

It was a really close call. Hector with HP+3 survived a hit from Cecilia with 2 HP left, vantaged Reinhardt and Peri (for Peri he actually need some atk buffs) afterwards
. Eldigan charged toward my Hector on one bridge while my Reinhardt nuked him from the other. Facing Horse Emblem on the twin bridge is really rough, but it is still slightly better than facing Flier Emblem there...

Ended with 4816 this season. I will probably be out of 5* bonus char next 3 weeks so I will have to settle with the 5k ~ 10k bracket.

Maybe one of them was merged, the Tharja and Ryoma weren't. The last one was Eirika. But yeah, had to be the same person at least. Actually, maybe it was the Hana...? I just blew her up and didn't check. A +10 4* can actually be worth more than a 5*.

Anyhow...

Here's the Azura I pulled on the hero fest banner yesterday. I leveled her normally and she ended up with almost exactly enough SP to fill out all her slots. I don't have the final castle upgrade and I take my time on the lower stratums, but double SP seems to work out great.

Hone Atk, Escutcheon and Wings of Mercy are all non-standard. She'll need another 500 or so for Fury 3, but unless I give up Eldigan then she's stuck with speed+3.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I'm gonna try making a flier emblem team. Not that I have Bunnila or anything, but I like fliers in general and think it might be fun. Gonna cost a ton of feathers, though. I'm thinking Palla, Catria, Hinoka, and Cherche.

Probably won't do me any favors in terms of arena score, either. I don't know how flier teams fare in terms of BST.

Achtius

I think I'm gonna try making a flier emblem team. Not that I have Bunnila or anything, but I like fliers in general and I think it might be fun. Gonna cost a ton of feathers, though.

Probably won't do me any favors in terms of arena score, either. I don't know how flier teams fare in terms of BST.

Probably 10-30k rank if you use a 4* bonus hero
My team is 12k right now.

Ninferno

Fliers actually have roughly the same BST as infantries. They are both at around 157 ~ 158. It is cavalries that generally slightly lower BST at around 154, to compensate their movement advantage. Filers' advantage of ignoring terrain is already "compensated" by their innate weakness to bows, so they didn't take a hit in BST.

I think I'm gonna try making a flier emblem team. Not that I have Bunnila or anything, but I like fliers in general and think it might be fun. Gonna cost a ton of feathers, though. I'm thinking Palla, Catria, Hinoka, and Cherche.

I have a +atk/-def Hinoka and two 5* Camilla (not spring) to choose from and the desire to run them on a team is real strong.

I really hope they have a mode that takes advantage of people's ever deepening rosters. There was some inference that may be how the "permanent-death" mode works.

IceMarker

I pulled Ryoma on the second orb of my first pull of the Hero Fest banner!

Is it just me or does he feel squishy (while leveling him anyways)? He hits like a truck tho.

Chucker

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I wish I didn't blow my orbs on Radiance for Hero Fest to show up literally the next day.

Might buy 10 orbs just to do a 20 pull. :(

xequalsy

Figured I'd give it a go for Azura, got her on my first try. Suddenly have a lot of options now for team building, will need to experiment a little.

Meier

What am I missing with the KO Lvl 40+ flying heroes? I've killed so many while on the lvl 40 training towers and I keep not getting credit towards that quest. I so want the 5 orbs but I'm stumped...

xequalsy

What am I missing with the KO Lvl 40+ flying heroes? I've killed so many while on the lvl 40 training towers and I keep not getting credit towards that quest. I so want the 5 orbs but I'm stumped...
Are you sure they are level 40? The level number on the training stratum refers to the highest level guy in the battle, so the fliers may not be level 40.

E.g 8th stratum says level 40, but actually only the healer or something is level 40.

Mupod

Are you sure they are level 40? The level number on the training stratum refers to the highest level guy in the battle, so the fliers may not be level 40.

E.g 8th stratum says level 40, but actually only the healer or something is level 40.

yeah, this.

might be better to just do a story mission as the unit types are fixed. I believe spring festival paralogue 4-1 is your best bet.

Ninferno

are you using a team of fliers?

I think he's referring to one of the April quests, which requires killing a few lv40 fliers to get 5 orbs. I think xequalsy said it right, you need to be sure the fliers you are killing are actually at lv40. The lv XX display at the tower stratums are the leader's level; not all enemies are at that level.

For this type of quest, you might want to use the story missions for its fix enemy types and levels. I can't name the mission right off my head because that was a long ago I did it, but googling a bit might help. Cheers.

Edit: yeah, Mupod is right. Paralogue 4-1 has two fliers for 13 stamina; that's as economical as it can get.

Meier

yeah, this.

might be better to just do a story mission as the unit types are fixed. I believe spring festival paralogue 4-1 is your best bet.
Thanks all! Just went and did that one and got 2 right away from it so I'll chip away that way.

Sushen

I just realized a use for my atk- 5* Fir that struggles to kill anyone. I think I'll give her TA and make her counter greens. With her 39 speed and 30+ def and res boosted by TA, she could be the ultimate counter/wall against greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom