• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking to snipe a couple greens or blues with my 9 orbs then came up on this shit.

Cla3bZA.jpg

Gotta say. I was expecting Oboro

Skii

the goal is to have a great match up coverage. for example with your red you want to be able to kill hector, survive green mages and kill them in one round and kill other reds before they kill you.
You want to bait the ai in a bad position for the enemy phase and then nuke'em away in the next player phase, without suffering to much(dance, draw back, reposition helps there).

for the 4th place ephraim or the arena bonus hero? what you lack is a great blue mage like reinhardt or linde and an axe user. you have cherche, if she is atk+ its worth promoting and give her brave axe.

in general you should check ivs of all 5* to see if they are worth using. check also effie

Well my Ike is: +Atk/-HP. I remember someone on here telling me thats good

I checked my Azura before levelling her up and I think she was neutral? Don't know if that's possible.

Just checked Cherche and she's +Atk/-Res

Effie is +Res/-Atk (that seems bad lol)

Julia and Ephraim I cant check because they are levelled up :/

Btw, why are the attack stats different on IV checking websites and in game? Only way I can tell its up or down is if nothing else is affected.

Managed to grab a 5 star - attack + speed Caeda from Team Top Tier banner....

Still viable?

Caeda's attack is already comically low. With that bane Hector kills her even with her Armorslayer bonus lol

She doesn't really gain all that much from being 5 star either. You can pass all her useful stuff from the 4 star version.

It's too bad she ate up your 5 star pull.

Muramasa

Well my Ike is: +Atk/-HP. I remember someone on here telling me thats good

I checked my Azura before levelling her up and I think she was neutral? Don't know if that's possible.

Just checked Cherche and she's +Atk/-Res

Effie is +Res/-Atk (that seems bad lol)

Julia and Ephraim I cant check because they are levelled up :/

Btw, why are the attack stats different on IV checking websites and in game? Only way I can tell its up or down is if nothing else is affected.
ike - hp +atk is awesome. give him vantage 3 from lonqu, thats my recommendation.

and your cherche has the best stat spread for her. thats an awesome unit to work on, but skill inheritance intensive. you need brave axe(+), drag back as b, death blow 3(attack 3) and second unit with repostion or draw back.
my unfinished 4* cherche with normal brave axe and threaten defense can kill ryoma.. thats a red.

yup thats a bad effie. its skill food for desth blow or wary fighter

Mupod

Managed to grab a 5 star - attack + speed Caeda from Team Top Tier banner....

Still viable?

The hardest unit I've ever had to level was a +atk 4* Caeda. Watching her lose to green armors was the saddest thing. A 5* -atk would, funny enough, have the exact same attack value as the one I had...

Skii

Need to remove the attack from your weapon to match up with the websites.

Yeah it even warns you at the top lol. Thanks.

ike - hp +atk is awesome. give him vantage 3 from lonqu, thats my recommendation.

and your cherche has the best stat spread for her. thats an awesome unit to work on, but skill inheritance intensive. you need brave axe(+), drag back as b, death blow 3(attack 3) and second unit with repostion or draw back.
my unfinished 4* cherche with normal brave axe and threaten defense can kill ryoma.. thats a red.

yup thats a bad effie. its skill food for desth blow or wary fighter

Okay awesome. I'll check to see if I have the skills for Cherche. Shame about Effie. I checked my Takumi's IV and he's +Atk/-Res. Also my Lyn is +Atk/-HP. Either of them worth using because of their IVs?

Thanks for the help!

Muramasa

Yeah it even warns you at the top lol. Thanks.

Okay awesome. I'll check to see if I have the skills for Cherche. Shame about Effie. I checked my Takumi's IV and he's +Atk/-Res. Also my Lyn is +Atk/-HP. Either of them worth using because of their IVs?

Thanks for the help!
Takumis iv are good, but he is just not that good in the current mage nuke meta to use. He is still ok for defense teams. My takumi and joerge give me defense wins by killing flier teams for example.

Lyn IV is also good for life and death build. Its both viable for offense and defense teams. Imo i would prefer ike for offense and Lyn defense.

Mupod

God damn that's a lot of quests. If you clear a 10th stratum it just pops up quest progress windows forever.

If I bang a few more out today I can get a 20 pull in, I already got the one character I wanted but it's still a banner I'd happily take any of the focus units. Even Takumi, simply because I don't have a single remotely usable grey.

I was happy to see all those feather quests...I can make 5* Tharja happen this week, if I want. In no rush though. With this week's arena bonus confirming that they will be rotating the starter trio, maybe it'd be smarter to upgrade Anna and Alphonse next.

Threw a few bucks at the game and got Hector. +Spd/-Def which isn't ideal. Not really sure who the extra speed helps him with. Seems kind of useless

All I really wanted was Hero Fest was Azura and Hector and I got both so I'm satisfied for the time being.

Skii

Takumis iv are good, but he is just not that good in the current mage nuke meta to use. He is still ok for defense teams. My takumi and joerge give me defense wins by killing flier teams for example.

Lyn IV is also good for life and death build. Its both viable for offense and defense teams. Imo i would prefer ike for offense and Lyn defense.

Okay thanks. You'll probably be really annoyed but I did another multi and pulled Hector and Ryoma from it. Don't know what's up with my luck at the moment.

Ryoma is -Spd/+Res

Hector is -Def/+Res

I assume Ryoma is unusable? Hector goes into my main team right?

Mupod

You know, I've been thinking about power creep and such. They've clearly acknowledged the power of close/distant counter - I mean, just look at the hero fest banner. They've added skills and a weapon that mitigate them in the last two batches of new units. Now, I don't have much use for windsweep etc, but the fact remains that they at least tried.

So what other 'OP' things could they address with new skills? The biggest one right now is obviously the effect that buffs have on brave weapons/dire thunder and -blade tomes. So I expect to see a countermeasure sooner than later.

I was thinking maybe an inverse version of Harsh Command. Reversing the buffs might be way too much, but a passive that 'dispels' enemy buffs in-combat could be huge. Or it could work like Saizo's shuriken where it does so to a group after an attack, but I don't know how much use I'd get out of that.

spiritfox

You know, I've been thinking about power creep and such. They've clearly acknowledged the power of close/distant counter - I mean, just look at the hero fest banner. They've added skills and a weapon that mitigate them in the last two batches of new units. Now, I don't have much use for windsweep etc, but the fact remains that they at least tried.

So what other 'OP' things could they address with new skills? The biggest one right now is obviously the effect that buffs have on brave weapons/dire thunder and -blade tomes. So I expect to see a countermeasure sooner than later.

I was thinking maybe an inverse version of Harsh Command. Reversing the buffs might be way too much, but a passive that 'dispels' enemy buffs in-combat could be huge. Or it could work like Saizo's shuriken where it does so to a group after an attack, but I don't know how much use I'd get out of that.

There already is Panic. Too bad healers are crap.

Muramasa

Okay thanks. You'll probably be really annoyed but I did another multi and pulled Hector and Ryoma from it. Don't know what's up with my luck at the moment.

Ryoma is -Spd/+Res

Hector is -Def/+Res

I assume Ryoma is unusable? Hector goes into my main team right?
yep hector is main. ryoma is still ok. with spd bane he has still 1 speed more than ike. he is the better julia killer, if you need one. But i think he will not survive the fast nino. ike is the better vantage user with +atk - hp and can kill sword user better. they are pretty close with their role.

.. i hate the ike banner, i am now over 8% 5* chance but i dont want to pull anymore.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Honestly, IVs still don't matter all THAT much unless the unit is only barely good enough in a stat that's vital to its function, and the unit's IV goes against that stat. For example, MRobin being -atk is pretty bad because his atk is already fairly weak to begin with.

With a powerful unit like Ryoma, bad IVs don't hurt him that much because his stats are still pretty good regardless. Neutral Ryoma is still just as fast as +spd Roy, for example, so -spd Ryoma is about the same speed as neutral Roy. Not super fast, but still perfectly usable, especially since Ryoma is an all-round unit rather than a unit that specializes at any one thing. My Ryoma is -atk, and he still wrecks face.

Considering how strong Ryoma is in general, it would be a waste to throw him out or bench him just because his IVs aren't optimal.

Skii

yep hector is main. ryoma is still ok. with spd bane he has still 1 speed more than ike. he is the better julia killer, if you need one. But i think he will not survive the fast nino. ike is the better vantage user with +atk - hp and can kill sword user better. they are pretty close with their role.

Okay I wont scrap Ryoma if that's the case. So the best team now is Hector, Ike, Julia and Azura. Or should I switch out Julia for Ephraim now that I have another green character?

explodet

4441 for arena this time around. Not bad for a team with no dancer and 2 4* units.
I ended up surrendering my last sword to pay it forward for my singular defense win.

the_ride_never_ends.jpg
It's a shame my Felicia isn't ready for prime time, I shoved a bunch of skills onto her to help clear out my barracks. Looks like it's time for Zeph to start earning his keep.

Roman

Honestly, IVs still don't matter all THAT much unless the unit is only barely good enough in a stat that's vital to its function, and the unit's IV goes against that stat. For example, MRobin being -atk is pretty bad because his atk is already fairly weak to begin with.

With a powerful unit like Ryoma, bad IVs don't hurt him that much because his stats are still pretty good regardless. Neutral Ryoma is still just as fast as +spd Roy, for example, so -spd Ryoma is about the same speed as neutral Roy. Not super fast, but still perfectly usable, especially since Ryoma is an all-round unit rather than a unit that specializes at any one thing. My Ryoma is -atk, and he still wrecks face.

Considering how strong Ryoma is in general, it would be a waste to throw him out or bench him just because his IVs aren't optimal.

I have a -Spd/+Def Ryoma and can personally attest that he is much worse than any other nature. It definitely shows and makes a tangible difference.

Sushen

So, I have to pick between spd- Soren and 4* Zephiel this coming arena seasons... Neither is combat ready, yet. Which should I use? Only if I had Ike, damn it.

Weebos

Banned
Speed is definitely the most important stat for many units, a negative speed nature can sink some units and a positive speed one can save them.

Muramasa

Okay I wont scrap Ryoma if that's the case. So the best team now is Hector, Ike, Julia and Azura. Or should I switch out Julia for Ephraim now that I have another green character?
nope you want ranged magic damage for those low res scum. and there are a lot of great blue units, so 2 green is ok. in the end you will still shuffle the whole team later because of the arena bonus heroes.

i think your only problem will be red mages, which are not so common.

Akuun

I have a -Spd/+Def Ryoma and can personally attest that he is much worse than any other nature. It definitely shows and makes a tangible difference.
I agree that -spd is probably his worst nature, but what I mean is that he's probably still usable despite it. It's bad for sure, but I don't think it makes him worthless. It's not worth throwing him out over it.

Roman

I agree that -spd is probably his worst nature, but what I mean is that he's probably still usable despite it. It's bad for sure, but I don't think it's worth throwing him out over it.

But going from S+ tier tool to "usable" is utterly devastating. Natures make a gigantic difference simply because of this one stat.

I run pony emblem so I'll bench him in favor of Xander.

Mupod

There already is Panic. Too bad healers are crap.

Huh. I'd never seen that before - interesting that the mechanic's already ingame. That's how much I use healers.

I suppose you could set up a healer with massive Res that's designed to soak a hit from a buffed caster and invert their buffs. But the damage they put out is so massive that even a 40 res unit can get destroyed.

The only way for such a thing to really be effective is to have it kick in before you get hit by the +6/+6/+6/+6 freight train. I mean, I use this stuff too and spent 20k to get a blade tome on Linde. Every time I one shot a green unit with her I wonder how they are going to balance a game where they can't directly nerf things. If they'll even bother.

OVDRobo

Came back to the arena after avoiding it as much as possible to complete the arena-related May quests and putting Ike on my team has put me into some sort of purgatory.

I'd estimate 70%+ of the teams I face are now flier, horse or armor emblem. While it's nice that the composition exists for PvE content and is relatively easy to put together even for F2P players, I'd push for the stacking type-exclusive buffs to no longer stack at this point. It's reduced the arena to gimmick battles where you either have the right key to defeat the enemy team before the match starts, or you don't and you usually lose or have a massively uphill battle.

Also, thanks to the new hero fest banner (I assume) I ran into this:

Yes, they each had a stacking armor buff.

Skii

nope you want ranged magic damage for those low res scum. and there are a lot of great blue units, so 2 green is ok. in the end you will still shuffle the whole team later because of the arena bonus heroes.

i think your only problem will be red mages, which are not so common.

Okay sweet thanks for the help. Time to start the skill inheritance grind! lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm not sure my score of 4796 will keep me in the top 5000 anymore (currently at rank 4544), so I decided to finally +1 one of my main units. So, I merged a Julia. My next arena fight was against a +10 Cecilia. Thankfully it was on the split map, and Hector was able to take her out, but I feel like I stepped into a whole new merged world of pain.

commish

I thought about running 4 Hectors (well, 3 at least, what I have) because I thought no one's team can really handle 4 Hectors. It's hard to kill one without taking damage.

xequalsy

I thought about running 4 Hectors (well, 3 at least, what I have) because I thought no one's team can really handle 4 Hectors. It's hard to kill one without taking damage.

Eh I mean, maybe. It auto loses to stuff like Roy or Tiki etc... They are also slow as hell so you can split them up easily so they have less buffs on them.

Akuun

That's why Reciprocal Aid is so important to have on your team. It lets you get more mileage out of whoever has to work overtime if you run into a team that puts a ton of weight into one color.

Mupod

I'm not sure my score of 4796 will keep me in the top 5000 anymore (currently at rank 4544), so I decided to finally +1 one of my main units. So, I merged a Julia. My next arena fight was against a +10 Cecilia. Thankfully it was on the split map, and Hector was able to take her out, but I feel like I stepped into a whole new merged world of pain.

I'm 3089 with 4808 - last week I ended around 2500 with 4810. Seems like this range is really crowded. I'm not gonna spend a million crests trying to get 2 more points, though.

And yeah, I don't have a single merged unit but I already fight +5 constantly. I don't want to set foot in the REAL whale country but I feel like merging will send me there. I wouldn't make it into the top 1000 even if I did.

Seems like a good argument for using a spare Hector to give Distant Counter to a blue or green melee instead of merging. The only built-in distant counter weapons are swords, Camus has a spear with it but who knows when he's gonna be added. I saw a Titania with it once, maybe add G Tomebreaker to just create the ultimate anti-meta unit.

Ninferno

My main's 4772 (with 4* Sharena) has dropped to #9495 as of now, looks like I will be dropping out of top 10k for the first time in ages. Turns out that 40ish extra points you get from having a 4th 5* actually means a difference of 1000 feathers (from 1k ~ 5k to 10k ~ 30k) rather than 500. Maybe I should prioritize the 3 starter lords' promotion after all.

My alt's 4816 is staying strong to remain in top 5k though, which I'm really happy with. The trend is going to continue for the next season as my main is going to run with 4* Zephiel and my alt got 2 5* Hanas... Damn these two Hana for screwing my Nowi/Reinhardt hunt but at least they can sort of redeem themselves a bit by bringing in some feathers.

kewlmyc

How viable would a Armor Emblem team be?

2 Hectors, Effie, and Zephiel?

Also it seems that fortify/hone abilities just beat out Goad/Ward abilities. Is there something I'm missing to why goad/ward abilities are used at all?

commish

Eh I mean, maybe. It auto loses to stuff like Roy or Tiki etc... They are also slow as hell so you can split them up easily so they have less buffs on them.

Yeah but it's not like everyone runs Roy or Tiki. Most people don't. And I think it would be impossible to split them up because they all have the same movement (1) and, since they all would do the most damage against the same unit, they'd all pursue the same enemy.

That's why Reciprocal Aid is so important to have on your team. It lets you get more mileage out of whoever has to work overtime if you run into a team that puts a ton of weight into one color.

Yeah, I really should add that to my weekly bonus unit for this purpose.

Mupod

as powerful as stacked Goad Armor is, seems like it'd be obnoxious to use in practice. You'd need some distant counter spread around or else mages would end you, especially considering how common they are these days.

horse emblem is actually fun to play as you can literally run circles around the AI. If I accidentally stumble into a bad IV Hector and a good Titania before the Ike banner ends (it's actually up for a long time...) I'd really start thinking about the unit I mentioned in my previous post. Combine her with Xander and Reinhardt or Blarblade Ursula and that'd be a reliable, fun to play team that could carry any bonus unit. When Camus shows up he'd fit in there perfectly. That's ~60k feathers and a lot of what ifs, but I'd actually do it if I found the 'components'.

Akuun

Also it seems that fortify/hone abilities just beat out Goad/Ward abilities. Is there something I'm missing to why goad/ward abilities are used at all?
I ran into a pretty cool Armor Emblem team once that had exactly that composition. Effie and Zephiel had Wary Fighter of course, and the two Hectors both had Wings of Mercy.

So if you don't manage to kill either Zephiel or Effie in one turn, on the enemy turn you'll get two Hectors flying into your face to back up Effie/Zephiel.

Goad/Ward is useful because unlike hone/fortify, goad/ward stacks on the same unit, which can lead to ridiculous stat bonuses on horse/flier emblem teams. Goad/ward is also a little more flexible to apply because you don't need to start a turn with a unit next to another the way you need to with hone/fortify. If you have an attacking unit who is just barely unable to kill someone, you can move a unit with goad closer to the target (does'nt even need to be within melee range itself) and the goad will likely buff your attacker enough to get the kill.

Shito

Why not replace one of those Hector with a Sharena? Heard she has interesting stats, and comes with Fortify armor.

Muramasa

My main's 4772 (with 4* Sharena) has dropped to #9495 as of now, looks like I will be dropping out of top 10k for the first time in ages. Turns that 40ish extra points you get from having a 4th 5* actually means a difference of 1000 feathers (from 1k ~ 5k to 10k ~ 30k) rather than 500. Maybe I should prioritize the 3 starter lords' promotion after all.

My alt's 4816 is staying strong to remain in top 5k though, which I'm really happy with. The trend is going to continue for the next season as my main is going to run with 4* Zephiel and my alt got 2 5* Hanas... Damn these two Hana for screwing my Nowi/Reinhardt hunt but at least they can sort of redeem themselves a bit by bringing in some feathers.
i dont think its worth spending 60000 feathers for an increase of 500-1000 feather per week which you might get or not. Thats only a profit after a year. I run this arena week a 4* with 2 5* and a 5*+2. i am strong in the 5000-10000 range.

OVDRobo

Also, thanks to the new hero fest banner (I assume) I ran into this:

Yes, they each had a stacking armor buff.

Walked away frustrated at this, but after coming back:

Used Beruka (Killer Axe+, Ignis, Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte 3, Ward Fliers) with Hinoka as her cheerleader (Hone Fliers) to hold the top chokepoint against the two northern Hectors for two turns, killing the top, northern Hector with Ignis, and half-killing the bottom with a counter before being forced to retreat to the left side of the map. The top south Hector took the bait of Hinoka's blue existence and split up from the bottom south Hector to move north, while Ike took out the bottom south Hector with backup from Raven's Threaten Defense. Raven scored the killing blow to conserve Ike's health and Aether charge.

The two remaining Hectors (top-south and bottom-north) tracked Hinoka's blue scent through the north chokepoint then back south to the left-side of the map past the single tree to where Ike and Raven were now heading to meet them. Unfortunately, the bottom north Hector - damaged by Beruka and leading the Hector duo - happened to be the only Hector to also have Vantage 3 so engaging him with Ike wasn't an option if I wanted to win, as there was still a full health Hector behind him. I moved Beruka and Hinoka above the mountains - out of reach, and moved Raven in front of the Vantage 3 Hector. Raven, having taken damage from finishing off the bottom-south Hector in place of Ike earlier was low enough to trigger his own Vantage 3, which let him finish off the Vantage 3 Hector with a preemptive counter before being killed by the final, following Hector.

After this, I threw Beruka at the last Hector to damage him, killing her, then moved Hinoka to a place where she would be attacked so Ike could finish off the final Hector without the risk of taking damage.

It was a completely pointless victory worth no more than any other arena duel I've steamrolled, but it sure was satisfying. I'm surprised that Hinoka somehow survived the entire thing including taking the final remaining Hector's attack.

Syntsui

Did my last pulls and got:
-ATK +HP Azura
-DEF +SPD Ninian
-DEF +RES Ryoma
-ATK +HP Effie

With these, should I invest in Ninian instead of Azura? Is this Ryoma that bad? Is this a fodder Effie?

I can make teams around Nino, Hector, Julia, Lucina, Share a and M.Robin (my 5* one is trash but I can invest in another good one).

What is the best possible team with these guys?

Mupod

-ATK +HP Azura
-DEF +SPD Ninian
-DEF +RES Ryoma
-ATK +HP Effie

With these, should I invest in Ninian instead of Azura? Is this Ryoma that bad? Is this a fodder Effie?

I can make teams around Nino, Hector, Julia, Lucina, Share a and M.Robin (my 5* one is trash but I can invest in another good one).

Seems like a fine Ryoma to me. A bit better at fighting casters which is what you're probably bringing him for anyways.

-atk doesn't mean much for Azura but that's a good Ninian so yeah. I'd train up both just to have more dancer options.

Wow, a patch update coming up in a week. I wonder what we'll get.

Plus the load of quests for May is pretty good.

It's gotta be the voting gauntlet and whatever the hell that permadeath mode is.

kewlmyc

Why not replace one of those Hector with a Sharena? Heard she has interesting stats, and comes with Fortify armor.

Because I need some way to counter mages. The two hectors would take care of that.

Maybe it's not such a good idea for the reasons mentioned by the posters above.

Horse Emblem has always been tempting, but the only 5* horse unit I have is Elise. It would take at least 80k feathers to pull off a decent team.

Akuun

-ATK +HP Azura
-DEF +SPD Ninian
-DEF +RES Ryoma
-ATK +HP Effie

Ninian va Azura is probably totally up to your preference and the rest of your team.

Ryoma seems fine. The +res likely helps him tank and counter green mages, even.

Effie is probably kind of meh as you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom