• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

It's sad because that's my second trash Effie :(

At least I can work on the rest, I'll hoard so hard until another Ryanheart banner though.

Pejo

Anyone got inheritance ideas for Reinhardt and Spring Camilla? I'm trying to build some mages because my teams are super physical reliant currently.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone got inheritance ideas for Reinhardt and Spring Camilla? I'm trying to build some mages because my teams are super physical reliant currently.

Reinhardt's basic setup is Dearth Blow 3 (almost universally agreed to be best A slow skill), then you have some flexibility. I went with Draconic Aura for special and Lance Breaker in B slot. Rest is whatever you'd like.

Mupod

reinhardt pretty much just needs death blow. DB3 is hard to get unless you have Kleins lying around. If you can get Hone Cavalry on someone else on your team he becomes extremely deadly.

If you have extra Ninos, Spring Camilla is strong with flier buffs and a Gronnblade tome. She's quite tanky so another idea is Gronnraven and Triangle Adept to cancel out bow advantages. She's not vulnerable to Kagero's weapon so she'd hard counter her as well.

Both characters are VERY slow but with their movement advantages shouldn't be hard to manage.

Pejo

Reinhardt's basic setup is Dearth Blow 3 (almost universally agreed to be best A slow skill), then you have some flexibility. I went with Draconic Aura for special and Lance Breaker in B slot. Rest is whatever you'd like.

How does Lancebreaker work with Dire Thunder? Do you get 3 or 4 attacks total against lance users, or does it just stop them from getting a follow-up?

commish

How does Lancebreaker work with Dire Thunder? Do you get 3 or 4 attacks total against lance users, or does it just stop them from getting a follow-up?

No idea, actually. The lance just dies and I have animation off :p

Mupod

Brave weapon/dire thunder double attacks count as one attack. So he'd get 4 attacks against a lance user on offense.

Not sure why he'd be on that banner...

They haven't really been thematic with them at all. If he's all you want, can't hurt to wait one day. They showed pictures of Xander's map and the green mage looks like a big pain in the ass so I'd imagine they will have a durable red in the banner. I'd have assumed Ryoma would be a no-brainer until the hero fest focus.

Oh, and the other triangle adept red (Sanaki) is gonna be in the mage voting gauntlet focus. Not saying he's a lock or anything, but there's a chance.

Sterok

So here I am using the new orbs to snipe for Azura. And I get +HP - Spd Ephraim. Not sure how to feel. Definitely one of my favorite characters, but now my high chance for Azura is down. Ah well, Ephraim is cool.

Pejo

reinhardt pretty much just needs death blow. DB3 is hard to get unless you have Kleins lying around. If you can get Hone Cavalry on someone else on your team he becomes extremely deadly.

If you have extra Ninos, Spring Camilla is strong with flier buffs and a Gronnblade tome. She's quite tanky so another idea is Gronnraven and Triangle Adept to cancel out bow advantages. She's not vulnerable to Kagero's weapon so she'd hard counter her as well.

Both characters are VERY slow but with their movement advantages shouldn't be hard to manage.

Thanks, I like the Gronnraven idea. Buff idea is good too, but I'm not planning on making a flier emblem team, just need a mage for my physical teams. Sucks I have to 5* Cecilia to get Gronnraven, but whatever, it's a nice long term goal.

Thanks to the posts above for clarifying lancebreaker too. Man, I didn't expect Reinhardt to be such a beast.

I really should work on a self-buffing team sometime. I got a good IV Tharja just chilling at level 1.

ggx2ac

I waited until the end of the season to use duel crests if I couldn't get a perfect win streak before that.

Used up duel crests and ended up with my highest score yet.

4866 points in offense.

Waiting to see where that ranks me. (I'm about to jump up from 98k in rank.)

There's been a lot of damn tough teams now of all kinds so it's hard when I don't have a cavalry, flier, or just ranged attacker team to use.

Another couple of heroes I fought, this one had Reinhardt and Nino with them.

C-wPBMRWAAAPCQ4.jpg

C-wPEf9XUAIAdQa.jpg

ggx2ac

Hahaha this is lame.

The bar has been risen, I have a score of 4866 points but now that is considered low.

I am ranked at 1097 so either there are a lot more whales now or people had saved up hundreds of thousands of feathers for use later on considering how common cavalry and flier teams are now.

commish

Hahaha this is lame.

The bar has been risen, I have a score of 4866 points but now that is considered low.

I am ranked at 1097 so either there are a lot more whales now or people had saved up hundreds of thousands of feathers for use later on considering how common cavalry and flier teams are now.

You are ranked 1097 out of probably hundreds of thousands of players. Not sure that is low, but....

StAidan

Very nearly broke my streak in my 7th arena battle when I ran into a Vantage Hector, since all four of my units would die attacking him (everyone's health had been whittled down by the other 3 enemies I'd killed). Almost surrendered in frustration, but suddenly I remembered... "Hey, *I* have a Vantage Hector!" So I let him attack me instead, and sure enough, I win.

On a related note, I have more defense wins than ever since adding Vantage to Hector. lol...

ggx2ac

You are ranked 1097 out of probably hundreds of thousands of players. Not sure that is low, but....

I like getting 3000 feathers for ranking above 1000. It is impossible for me to get to the next tier rank up which is above 100.

That's why it's disappointing just falling short of rank 1000.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just built a +SPD Kagero with:

Poison Dagger+
Ardent Sacrifice
Darting Blow 3
Desperation 3

No C skill yet

She seems strong, but would probably prefer life and death 3, which is hard to come by at 4*. Next up is getting enough feathers for Nowi, get Vantage on Hector and Death Blow on Reinhardt. I have +HP Ike, but not sure what the right build is for him.

I put lance Breaker on him to offer protection on enemy phase. He will get doubled by every lance user in the game except Effie. He has pretty good defense so he is more than capable at taking one hit but may not be enough for two.

Vena

Just built a +SPD Kagero with:

Poison Dagger+
Ardent Sacrifice
Darting Blow 3
Desperation 3

No C skill yet

She seems strong, but would probably prefer life and death 3, which is hard to come by at 4*. Next up is getting enough feathers for Nowi, get Vantage on Hector and Death Blow on Reinhardt. I have +HP Ike, but not sure what the right build is for him.

This is mine right now. It's her second build.

Though I switched seals to +3HP after taking the screenshot.

Sushen

Interestingly the simulator gave more win for Ryoma with L&D than his default defiant attack, but not sure if making him so low on def&res in teens. I guess that may not represent the real encounters?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This is mine right now. It's her second build.

Though I switched seals to +3HP after taking the screenshot.
Oh yeah, mine has moonbow special as well.

How do you like the fury build? I like the escape route for sure, but I feel like you'd need to 1-shot something and not be overly reliant on the second hit, since you could basically not deal damage after getting too hurt. That's why I like desperation and outspeeding everything (even though I'd prefer life and death 3).

ggx2ac

Interestingly the simulator gave more win for Ryoma with L&D than his default defiant attack, but not sure if making him so low on def&res in teens. I guess that may not represent the real encounters?

I haven't tried this simulation everyone is mentioning but if it's only limited to simulating one character with buffs etc then it's not going to accurately represent real encounters.

Weebos

Banned

The simulators make many assumptions (full health, which unit initiates attack, terrain, skill inheritance, merge levels) that might not be replicated in an actual match.

Still useful data points, but not perfect.

Vena

Oh yeah, mine has moonbow special as well.

How do you like the fury build? I like the escape route for sure, but I feel like you'd need to 1-shot something and not be overly reliant on the second hit, since you could basically not deal damage after getting too hurt. That's why I like desperation and outspeeding everything (even though I'd prefer life and death 3).

I use my Kagero to bait and revenge kill mages, so she needs the bulk of Fury. I like the build, though, and Fury let's her set-up into Escape Route for Rally/Spur stacking with good positioning. There's little reason for her to need to double anything on foot as she generally OHKOs almost all mages on initiation. She then proceeds to double most of the bulkier units that don't get OHKOed, and can hide behind my tanks/buff my tanks.

With Fury, Iceberg deals more damage and its true damage, allowing her to even kill off more defensive, mounted units.

CronoShot

My luck with summons in this game is goddamn garbage. I wish they could put in a modifier to slightly reduce the odds of getting a unit you already have.

I swear I've got Gordin no less than six times, and I just summoned two colorless on the Hero Fest focus trying to get Takumi, and got Setsuna...twice.

This is why I'm so hesitant to spend actual money on orbs. I keep getting trash or units I already have.

Mupod

My luck with summons in this game is goddamn garbage. I wish they could put in a modifier to slightly reduce the odds of getting a unit you already have.

I swear I've got Gordin no less than six times, and I just summoned two colorless on the Hero Fest focus trying to get Takumi, and got Setsuna...twice.

This is why I'm so hesitant to spend actual money on orbs. I keep getting trash or units I already have.

sounds like the game's trying to tell you to put a brave bow on Setsuna and watch the magic happen.

I have a +SPD one but can't find a Brave Bow myself. Granted I barely touch grey orbs.

Roman

Congratulations, you got the actually better archer! Check if any of the Setsunas are +Spd.

I realized today that if Xander's leaked stats are real then everyone tomorrow is getting what is essentially Eldigan with ranged counter on his weapon. Slightly better defense but slightly worse Resistance. That's pretty awesome.

As said already Setsuna + Gordins brave bow is much better than Takumi.

He's red right? I wonder how good he will end up being or if i should keep pulling for Ryoma.

Scum

My luck with colourless sucks. Got Takumi but I always wanted Setsuna. Just ended up with Lachesis and Clarine, everywhere.

I wish I had Kagero. Everytime I pull a neutral it's a staffie or Niles. I never played Fates but I hate this fucker for taking my orbs!

Sushen

If you have spd+ Nino, is there a reason for Julia? I question the same for Reinhardt and wanting Linde. I want Julia and Linde but not sure if there are practical reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom