• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda. Was expecting a small community since FE isn't that big. Then noticed it's actually pretty popular. Keeping forgetting FE is growing a lot.

The regular FE isn't that bad (it's can be tho sometimes).

The size of a Reddit community and the amount of memes therein are exponentially related.

Sushen

Making -Spd Soren somewhat usable is a ton of work. Hopefully, he's not a complete dead weight. Only if I had Ike, I didn't have to be stuck with him...

Ninferno

Turned out my main's 4772 score managed to barely hold on to top 10k at #9957. It used to sit at around 5 ~ 6k, so like it or not, more people are getting better everyday.

My alt's 4816 is at #2900+ I guess, I wasn't paying much attention because I knew it would stay in top 5k. Overall, pretty content with both account's performance.

Also, I figured I may make a few pulls with the newly earned May quest orbs and it turned out my summoning luck might had turned around a bit; I finally got Ike on my main account. this is the 1st time I pull a focus unit from a current mainline banner (whose focus units will become arena bonus chars) since I got Reinhardt back in the beginning of March. And things are even better on my alt, after getting Azura few days back, I also got Ryoma just now. I wasn't even expecting him, I was just using him as an excuse to pull some reds for SI fodders lol. Well, while this is certainly not the luckiest on earth, but I'm legitimately happy to see my luck improve bit. I seriously need to hold on to my orbs for Celica now; go away, mage girls banner, I do not need Linde, I do not need Linde, I do not need Linde...

Anyway, now I need to look at my newly obtained shiny flashy red distant-counterers and decide what to do with them.
Ike on my main account which normally runs Nowi and Nino:
+Atk, -Def. Pretty good IV for me as I intent to use him to counter the shit out of Ninos and Julias and Bunmillas for all the crap these mfkers had done to me in the past. Vantage is a no-brainer and I can afford to spare a Lon'qu for him, I have Nowi to kill the millions of red sword so I don't need Sword Breaker. I'm debating with myself on whether to give him Fury to replace Heavy Blade though. With +Atk he's going to have an impressive Atk of 54 so Heavy Blade might do him some good. I fully understand that Fury is going to serve him better in general, especially for my green mage countering need, but still, emptying my last Hinata strategic reserve to replace an already decent skill is making me hesitant. For special, I think I'm going to hold on to Luna for now, especially if I'm keeping Heavy Blade.

Ryoma on my alt account which normally runs Reinhardt and Hector:
+Res, -Def. Not the greatest but also not the worst. I already gave him Moonbow and Fury 3; I have 4 Lon'qus so I can certainly afford to give him Vantage as well. However, I have 2 5* Hanas lying around as well so I'm debating with myself whether I should choose Life and Death 3 instead to improve his somewhat "lacking" offense. Again, I have Reinhardt for killing anything non-green so I actually don't need Ryoma to do much other than killing green, and I'm not sure he needs L&D 3 in that regard.

Any opinion on these? Appreciate it in advance.

In the end, one way or another, these two guys are going to need a shit ton of SPs. The double SP event is truly a godsend coming at the right time.

hmm I feel like in the long run I might want to run a bunch of 3-4* characters for arena merges (and Nino is a good start), but at the same time that feather cost...

Ninferno

I killed my third account the second I got Hector on my main, but there is something intrinsically fun about rolling so I am always tempted to go reroll that third account.

What is not so fun is having no bench and SI fodder.

Exactly. The second I got Ike on my main account my hero fest reroll account is as good as dead. While we can have as many OP distant counterers as possible with rerolls, the SI fodder drought is real.

Ninferno

I actually have 11 Sophias on my main account (that means I pulled her 10 times because I have sent the free 1* HB copy home at launch), so maybe someday I will have a 4* +10 Sophia, someday.

MildSoss

Never knew you could pull heroes with neutral IV's, pretty sure the Azura I just pulled is completely neutral. Interesting.

Syntsui

If I have a +10 4* character, will he still be +10 when upgraded to 5*? I have a ridiculous amount of Robins and Ninos >.>

explodet

So I rolled on that omikuji thingie.
And it looks like Celica's art is included.

KDkJmUg8

I just got a Ryoma. Was trying to get Takumi and the first Banner I open had 4 Red and 1 Green.

Decided to just click red with the intent to back out after and bam, Ryoma. Pretty useless tho, I'm happy with My Ike and young Tiki

Sushen

For the gauntlet banner, my main target is Julia and also pulling blue for Linde. Once I get Julia, I can either pull the golden week banner or try for Ike yet again.

I know Takumi isn't as hot as used to but I always wanted him, and I can hope for Kagero. My Hector (hp+/atk-) and Ryoma (def-/res+) aren't the best IVs but acceptable.

Should I try my luck with Ike again or go for dup Hector, Ryoma with a better IV, and the first Takumi?

Well, probably I'll waste all my orbs on the mages, but thinking about the possibility makes me happy. To me, after these banners, I don't care about Celica or swim suit or whatever that may come because I'll have all elements covered with these.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If you have spd+ Nino, is there a reason for Julia? I question the same for Reinhardt and wanting Linde. I want Julia and Linde but not sure if there are practical reason for it.
Julia is generally more self-sufficient and more durable than Nino. Julia has bonus on dragons and +res on defense, while Nino needs buffs to really shine.

I think Julia can be added onto teams a bit more easily, whereas Nino needs at least another character or two supporting her.

Less sure about Rein and Linde. I think there's more overlap between these two. Rein is pretty devastating as-is with just Death Blow and one set of cavalry buffs. Linde is strong too, but I think putting Blarblade and building a team around her like Nino would make her... ridiculously nukey.

i should stop visiting this thread so i stop feeling the need to pull
If it helps you resist the urge to pull, I went "I'd like a good green" the other day and got one red orb + four greys.

IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Ninferno

Fuck yes, Celica is confirmed red. And there is no sword in her artwork! I repeat, there is no sword in her artwork. Celica the red mage CONFIRMED! Screw Linde and Julia, I'm dumping all my orbs for her
only to get even more Sophias

Alucrid

Banned
Fuck yes, Celica is confirmed red. And there is no sword in her artwork! I repeat, there is no sword in her artwork. Celica the red mage CONFIRMED! Screw Linde and Julia, I'm dumping all my orbs for her
only to get even more Sophias

isn't the banner artwork for the lucky units the neutral pose and don't some sword people have neutral poses that don't show the weapon?

Linde on battling Xander. Might wait until the mage banner since Cordelia is also there.

This might be the least opened banner in the games history lol

Syntsui

Linde is not worth the risk of not getting a blue Orb and pulling one of the other units. Holy shit this banner is bad.

My Effie seems to get more and more useless to use in the arena (at least without a dancer) as time goes on. A lot of people seem to run more than 1 mage now and she can't survived until the end anymore.

Theosmeo

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work but vantage is such a broken ass skill.

If I(lyn) have vantage and the enemy(hector) have vantage things shake out kinda weird.

We're both in vantage health range and lyn's sol kattis innate desperation 2 is active due to sub 50% health. On player phase hector's vantage takes priority and my lyn will die, if this didn't happen she would kill him easy.

I assume that when both partys have vantage it simply works normally for both units. This makes sense, but I wouldn't be surprised if it cancelled out like breakers against breakers either.

So I end the turn and the hector moves to attack lyn, lyn's vantage DOES NOT activate and Hector kills her without her having the opportunity to attack as if neither party had vantage...

Did people figure this out a while ago? It's so strange

macklelol

Ike has been a dead weight for me in the arena so far. So many teams are packing Reinhardt or Kagero, he can't even do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom