• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Legacy_

Ike has been a dead weight for me in the arena so far. So many teams are packing Reinhardt or Kagero, he can't even do anything.

I'm struggling with him too, I'm also facing a LOT of +5 teams and units, think my overall stat count is too high with Ike, Hector and Nowi.

EDIT: Finally got my first win in arena but it was my last sword and I'm not in a rush so won't use my consumables. I might switch Nino for Julia as my units aren't giving her buffs, apart from Nowi with Rally Defence but that's a waste in my opinion. I also got 694 for the win, I'm guessing that's near the maximum the game can gives you? Could be why I'm facing the whale teams now, I only have +1 Ike and Nino in my team, the others aren't merged. Last week, the max I could earn was 683. Ike's stats has boosted my arena win points by 11.

Took a while to figure things out on Hard, but Linde, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Lyn finally managed to beat Xander. Thinking about putting together a Horse Emblem team of Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and someone else.

I don't put much effort into the Arena anymore. All I really hope for is at least one successful Defense.

I ended last season at rank 45K for only 1000 Feathers. My Offense was exactly 4600, so this stuff is extremely competitive. But I got 3000 just for meeting the bare minimum of defending and reaching 4000 points. 4000 this week is actually not much lower than even my best seasons.

I'm using 4* Zephiel for the Arena. I don't want to level Titania or any of the other Heroes. I might even settle for a rank between 50K and 100K this season. I'm just not in the mood to get perfect streaks right now.

I don't put much effort into the Arena anymore. All I really hope for is at least one successful Defense.

I ended last season at rank 45K for only 1000 Feathers. My Offense was exactly 4600, so this stuff is extremely competitive. But I got 3000 just for meeting the bare minimum of defending and reaching 4000 points. 4000 this week is actually not much lower than even my best seasons.

I'm using 4* Zephiel for the Arena. I don't want to level Titania or any of the other Heroes. I might even settle for a rank between 50K and 100K this season. I'm just not in the mood to get perfect streaks right now.
This is the last arena season with the old rules. It's getting an overhaul next time, so hopefully it'll become more engaging.

Sölf

Well, Xanders Map was easy as hell. Took me 2 tries to beat Lunatic.

Currently using Zephiel in Arena. That actually works better than I though.

redcrayon

Lunatic Xander was a nice workout for me, took me a dozen or so attempts!

5* Camilla, 5*Roy, 5* Azura, 4* Perri (with hp seal). No skill inheritance. Perri's only there because for my plan to work I needed a blue unit that could move three spaces and tank Xander for a round. She was the only option on my roster that filled the criteria.

Roy (boosted by Azura's resistance buff) tanked the first barrage of attacks, from a blue infantryman and the green Mage, plus the healer's cheeky slow. On the next turn, Camilla jumps in to kill the blue infantry, Roy takes a step forward to kill the Mage while debuffed, then Azura dances to allow Roy to retreat without the debuff on. The red infantry hurts Camilla forcing her to retreat while Xander gets tanked by Perri who stepped in to take Roy's place. Perri steps sideways to tank the red infantry (no point attacking when it's got quick riposte), while Azura kills Xander. Perri's on death's door (and only survives due to the hp seal) so also retreats while Azura mops up.

Couldn't have done it without that seal, funny how +3hp won the battle for me. Really enjoy the GHBs, they are like a chess problem.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Xander seems great for a free unit. 5* him since I don't have much use for my feathers yet any way. Counter attack from every range for a free unit is awesome.

Cleared his 15sta version with Ryoma, Hector, Azura and Eastern Lucina. Lucina hits way harder than I remember.... Maybe I don't need to pull for Linde after all.

Can you guys recommend some good skills to put on Xander or Bunny Lucina? Also went through my whole box and no unit I have learns Bonfire? Weird... Could have sword that the skill isn't that rare. Wanna use it on Hector.

Ninferno

I'm struggling with him too, I'm also facing a LOT of +5 teams and units, think my overall stat count is too high with Ike, Hector and Nowi.

EDIT: Finally got my first win in arena but it was my last sword and I'm not in a rush so won't use my consumables. I might switch Nino for Julia as my units aren't giving her buffs, apart from Nowi with Rally Defence but that's a waste in my opinion. I also got 694 for the win, I'm guessing that's near the maximum the game can gives you? Could be why I'm facing the whale teams now, I only have +1 Ike and Nino in my team, the others aren't merged. Last week, the max I could earn was 683. Ike's stats has boosted my arena win points by 11.

The boost is not from Ike's stats but rather, the "+1" merge you have. Ike's stats aren't any higher than any other infantry melee unit.

Anyway, it is just one match so I won't draw any conclusion yet, since the points from match to match can vary A LOT, but it will be interesting to know whom your Ike has replaced. Judging from 683 max score it looks like it is a 4* character. If that is the case it might explain lots of things.

Okay first roll on this banner.. Linde is -RES +HP but I'll make do. May do one more full pull just for inherits and start hoarding. But I'm pretty happy with this team right now.
3kLtGJv.png

Ninferno

Also went through my whole box and no unit I have learns Bonfire? Weird... Could have sword that the skill isn't that rare. Wanna use it on Hector.

That means you haven't been trolled by 3* or 4* MRobin's shiny intro, good for you:) Seriously, if you have ever opened blue stones before you should have at least a few of him.

_Legacy_

The boost is not from Ike's stats but rather, the "+1" merge you have. Ike's stats aren't any higher than any other infantry melee unit.

Anyway, it is just one match so I won't draw any conclusion yet, since the points from match to match can vary A LOT, but it will be interesting to know whom your Ike has replaced. Judging from 683 max score it looks like it is a 4* character. If that is the case it might explain lots of things.

He replaced my 4* Alm but even before that, I had 4 five star units and wasn't getting anything in 690+ region for a win.

DTJAAAAM

Made the mistake of trying to pull for Linde instead of waiting for the mage banner. Got 4 Five Star Cordelias, Azura, Chrom, Catria, Lilina, and a bunch of fodder. :/

Ninferno

He replaced my 4* Alm but even before that, I had 4 five star units and wasn't getting anything in 690+ region for a win.

Ah, that's consistent with my findings then. The difference between a 5* unit and a 4* is roughly around 50 points (in 7 matches) in arena terms. In addition to that, of course unit types will still be a factor, armored unit will still yield more points than young dragons, young dragons more than melee infantries, melee infantries more than mages and colorless. It's just that the difference wasn't as huge as before the matchmaking overhaul.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That means you haven't been trolled by 3* or 4* MRobin's shiny intro, good for you:) Seriously, if you have ever opened blue stones before you should have at least a few of him.
Oh actually I have his 4* version... But he is my only one so I won't sacrifice him for skill inheritance. Still thought that I had more units with the skill.

Haven't looked much into skill inheritance before and am just now slowly realizing how many units don't have specials.

I beat Xander Lunatic with Linde, Nowi, Julia, and Olivia. Nowi is 5*, and Olivia is 4*.

I had to use Draw Back and Dance in order to win. I ORKO'd the Lance Fighter with Linde, and I drew Linde back with Julia. Olivia danced for Linde, and I made her retreat. All of my units are out of range.

The enemies now advance. I ORKO Xander with Linde. I move Olivia into the space where Xander was and ORKO the Green Mage.

Olivia takes both attacks from the Sword Fighter and Healer. Surprisingly, she doesn't take much damage. I move Olivia out of the way and defeat the these last two enemies with the rest of my team.

xequalsy

The GHB wasn't too bad this time, my first strategy worked out pretty well.

Ike can tank both the green mage and the red sword (though he doesn't kill the red sword in one hit, he heals up from Aether tanking both hits). Julia (insert good green mage here) hit the blue lance (sadly not enough for a double/kill), gets danced out and the dancer repositioned (drag back etc... also works). Ike can then also tank Xander as you need.

In Lunatic, my reposition hero (Takumi in this case) also had to tank a hit from the healer and Xander, but that could be down to bad positioning from me when retreating Julia away from Xander.

Syntsui

Yoh, the banner is trash but it has Linde....

Four pulls in, no Linde and that's fine BECAUSE I GOT FUCKING REINHARDT. YEASSSSSS OH MY GOD.

He is 4* but that doesn't matter, I don't need to pull for any unit in the game anymore, I'm so happy. He is +RES -SPD which is decent enough, thank God it's not -ATK.

Yoh, the banner is trash but it has Linde....

Four pulls in, no Linde and that's fine BECAUSE I GOT FUCKING REINHARDT. YEASSSSSS OH MY GOD.

He is 4* but that doesn't matter, I don't need to pull for any unit in the game anymore, I'm so happy. He is +RES -SPD which is decent enough, thank God it's not -ATK.

Congrats! What are your skill inheritance plans with him?

I have the exact same Reinhardt, +RES -SPD. I'm currently saving up to upgrade him to 5*. I was pretty much thinking the same as you, as long as he's not -atk im satisfied lol

Beat Xander lunatic on the first try with Ephraim, Tharja, Azura, and Spring Chrom. Tharja destroyed the right side of the map. Chrom took care of blue with a dance. Tharja killed the healer. Ephraim tanked and killed Xander with a Quick Riposte counter.

Mupod

I can see the Xander map being rough if you don't have a strong ass blue mage. The banner is correct, Linde dominates it.

I started off by having her kill the spear guy, danced her out of the way and repositioned Azura...come to think of it I'm not sure if the green mage was in range of her, she could've handled Xander. Anyways, after they charged in I just blew up Xander and the sword with Linde+dance and Ike cleaned up the rest. Hector stood in a corner and did nothing.

Achtius

I can see the Xander map being rough if you don't have a strong ass blue mage. The banner is correct, Linde dominates it.

I started off by having her kill the spear guy, danced her out of the way and repositioned Azura...come to think of it I'm not sure if the green mage was in range of her, she could've handled Xander. Anyways, after they charged in I just blew up Xander and the sword with Linde+dance and Ike cleaned up the rest. Hector stood in a corner and did nothing.

My 4* Tharja deal with red sword and green my on the right, nino the blue on the left and Azura killed everyone else.

I managed to beat it using 3 units with no mages needed. Stuck a Vantage atk buffed Ryoma in range of Xander (while also in range of the blue Lancer) and Effie just outside of his range. Xander attacks Ryoma first (blocking the blue lance on the left) followed by the green mage. Vantage and defiant atk 3 one shots the mage by counter attack. Next turn Effie takes out Xander and clears up everything else with Olivia.

Syntsui

Congrats! What are your skill inheritance plans with him?

I have the exact same Reinhardt, +RES -SPD. I'm currently saving up to upgrade him to 5*. I was pretty much thinking the same as you, as long as he's not -atk im satisfied lol
Deathblow 3 and I think that's pretty much it. Does he even need anything else to wreck everyone up?

That does mean it will cost me 40k feathers though as I'll have to sacrifice one of my trash Effies + make him 5*.

_Legacy_

Hector and Lukas made this new lunatic map easy. Praise Hector as usual!

Have to say, ever since I got Hector last week, it's been plain sailing in training tower and story missions with my team now. I can now auto battle the 10th stratum and win 99% of the time, easy orbs/crystals/shards.

Ninferno

And Mkv. the free 3* madman is back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqkFppcBCg

Fun watch as always, it is actually a pretty close call this time around, not like some of the previous GHBs where he barely even took any damage.

He did use 2 GHB units (Zephiel and Ursula) though, wonder if he will manage to later come up with a full daily HB party like he usually does.

Mupod

man they need to change the free hero rotation and put Hinata in it, stat. If I had 4 of them I'd be able to use them all immediately.

I guess I can leave defiant atk on (neutral) Ryoma for now, I had one Lon'qu so Vantage is on him already. If don't find any Hinatas I guess I can just use one of my many Firs for speed+3. Or, since I plan to give him Reposition from Selena anyways, perhaps Triangle Adept 2. I have plenty of time because Ike is gonna fill that role in arena this week as the bonus unit.

Ike is actually the easiest character I've ever had to level, more so than Linde or Vantage Hector. With QR2, Luna, and Heavy Blade he reliably kills anything he engages. I'm leveling the Ryoma/Hector/Takumi trio I got in that once in a lifetime dream pull last night though, and that's about as simple as it seems. Hector 2 (-atk, eww) may end up giving his distant counter to someone one day, but in the meantime he'll help get me that armored units sidequest orb.

StAidan

lol, this GHB was the easiest yet, Tharja took the right, S!Lucina took the left, Ninian provided the dances, and Hector sat in the corner and watched.

Rodin

I finally got Azura after 3 months of wait and she's -atk +res. Takumi +hp -res. Hector is +def -spd but i think it's still ok since he's a tank.

Btw, i don't think i can finish the Xander map on Lunatic lol. It's the hardest one for me yet.

I think my game is bugged. I had the crazy thought to try and get another Lobster boy but instead I got an Eirika and she's -Spd too!

Not all that bad though since she isn't a frontline fighter. Pretty happy with her either way.

Same lol. -spd +def

I think my game is bugged. I had the crazy thought to try and get another Lobster boy but instead I got an Eirika and she's -Spd too!

Not all that bad though since she isn't a frontline fighter. Pretty happy with her either way.

Mupod

The first thing I ever pulled was a -atk Lyn, I was pretty happy because she was thought to be the best red back then and I didn't know about IVs at all. She has 40 atk at level 40, yikes.

spiritfox

Well that was easy. I had a 1hp Nino in range of the healer at one time but she just ignored her, which was lucky.

Edit: Is it just me or does Xander sound weird. Also what's a good build for him?

lt519

Not too bad on the GHB. Moved Roy up one spot on the left and he tanked Xander and the Green mage. Next move I had Linde kill Xander, Olivia dance her, have Linde kill the sword fighter. Then Roy moved forward and killed the green mage and Nino killed the healer. Roy created a choke point and survived an attack from the blue lance with a few HP to spare (I took off TA3) and then Nino finished him off next turn.

Insert better unit then Roy and thats a real easy strategy. Could have used Reinhardt or Julia instead of Nino. In fact Nino was really not needed, could have ran a healer to heal the tank (I tried once with Zeph and that was all actually needed, he died on the last blue fighter by like 3 HP).

So strong red, strong blue mage and a dancer will work just fine with that start.

Rodin

Well that was easy. I had a 1hp Nino in range of the healer at one time but she just ignored her, which was lucky.

Edit: Is it just me or does Xander sound weird. Also what's a good build for him?

I had Lucina with 1hp in the range of the healer and she didn't ignore her

Weebos

Banned
So with Xander I now have a strong enough foundation to build Horse Emblem.

I've got Reinhardt, Titania, and now Xander, any ideas for a good fourth member?

My options are: Eliwood, Jagen, Frederick, Gunter, Clarine, Ursula, Cecilia, Abel, Cain.

Leaning towards Ursula or Cecilia and slapping a blade tome on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom