• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

macklelol

I don't have Minerva, unfortunately.

I was thinking a +spd Cherche with Brave Axe+ and Triangle Adept 2 (I'm not killing Roy, man). My reasoning is that while +atk Brave Axe+ Cherche with Death Blow kills almost everything, that assumes she's operating in a vacuum, and not as part of a team.

In a Flier Emblem team, I don't need a cannon who can brute force everyone through type disadvantages because I have units of other colors to kill reds and greens. Instead, I need Cherche to fill a few key functions as the only green unit on my team:

- ORKO blues, especially strong ones like Effie and Nowi
- Tank and kill blue mages like Reinhardt and Linde

I felt that Triangle Adept worked best for that because it lets me keep Cherche's naturally high attack while letting her tank strong blue magic despite low res, and it only costs the A skill slot. She won't hit as hard as Deathblow +atk Cherche, but she'll still hit hard enough to take out those key threats, and she'll be more durable too, thanks to TA and +spd nature. I think it adds up to a package that has a lot more utility in my team.

She'll still be played primarily to be useful during player phase, but I still need her to be able to take a blue magic hit now and then to bait blue mages.

If you're gonna go that route, you might as well get +Res over speed. It's not like that 3 speed will matter if you're up against stuff like Linde.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yup, +res should be fine for what I'm looking for too. But right now I don't have a +res version and I think +spd might be more versatile, so I'm going with that for now.

Besides, Hone Fliers + two goad buffs + speed IV might actually do the trick for Linde. I can probably form Flier Voltron to get those goad buffs in place if I plan to bait her.

Roman

Yup, +res should be fine for what I'm looking for too. But right now I don't have a +res version and I think +spd might be more versatile, so I'm going with that for now.

Besides, Hone Fliers + two goad buffs + speed IV might actually do the trick for Linde. I can probably form Flier Voltron to get those goad buffs in place if I plan to bait her.

I would still not at all recommend Triangle Adept on a unit with base 38 Atk, that just seems like a waste. Maybe your issues could be mitigated with more repositioning skills? Cherche should carry Drag Back and Reposition, your other fliers can also set up impressive maneuvers with Pivot, Reposition, Draw Back or Swap.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was thinking that if I spend more than 2000 feathers to setup a unit that I will never use after the arena, I'm making a negative feather trade. I'd rather sit out in that turn by not having a bonus unit.

If that's your philosophy, then you should just work on the 3 starter rotating bonus units. Seems like they are always going to be an option.

macklelol

I would still not at all recommend Triangle Adept on a unit with base 38 Atk, that just seems like a waste. Maybe your issues could be mitigated with more repositioning skills? Cherche should carry Drag Back and Reposition, your other fliers can also set up impressive maneuvers with Pivot, Reposition, Draw Back or Swap.

I agree with you on that Triangle Adept isn't really the best idea. But I can understand why he would want something like this, stuff like Reinhardt can rip through Flier Emblem with ease. It's even worse since it looks like Akuun lacks defensive flier buffs. If it fills a particular niche that his team needs, I'd say go for it. If it doesn't work out, you can always get another Cherche and merge it up lol.

fek

After 30+ defense wins last week now I'm already up to 9 in this new season. Still getting friend requests as well so I can only guess my team is in a very crowded point range right now.
If anyone want to try something similar the team is: Kagero, Ryoma, Hector, Azura. Hector doesn't have a C skill but the others are all filled.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah, I'm definitely going to give Reposition to three out of the four flying units, with Reciprocal Aid given to someone so that I can pass health around.

I agree that TA is an odd choice, but you're right in that I don't have a Caeda for Fortify Fliers. I'm going all Hone + Goad for C slots. So without that, I think I need some way to bait blue magic in case I run into a situation like the one I screenshotted a page or two ago. buffing her type advantage seems like one way to go about it. With TA2, I think Cherche can tank a cavalry buffed Death Blow Rein, which is great.

The ideal way to deal with Rein/Linde is definitely to dive in and try to get a safe kill (which is one reason I like putting Drag Back in the B slot), but I think being able to bait and tank an attack opens up a whole lot more options. I can't tank Rein with my current infantry team, and it's really rough trying to get in a good position when you can't step into his range.

Mupod

If that's your philosophy, then you should just work on the 3 starter rotating bonus units. Seems like they are always going to be an option.

you know I forgot Olivia was one of those. I wonder when she'll come up. Now that'd be an easy bonus unit to carry.

Mupod

Uhh, Olivia is not one of the 3 starter units. The 3 starter units are Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna.

I misread, but we figured out recently that the free heroes on rotation are showing up as bonus units, as mentioned in this post here. That's what I meant. I was thinking about it as I read that post and got my wires crossed.

Roman

I have just been reminded of Camus and if he is a Grand Hero Battle unit in the near future I already have disgusting ideas for a team. He would give me a second Goad Cavalry and a distant counter 16 might lance all in one.

If you give him Hone Cavalry, take the second Camus and inherit his Goad Cavalry onto Cecilia, you can run a team of Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Reinhardt. This would include Fortify/Hone/Goad/Goad, which would mean:

Xander with Fury 3 would boast 62 Atk and 41 Spd.
Camus with Fury 3 would boast 59 Atk and 44 Spd.

Both would also have 40 Def. Add Vantage.

These in a team with Cecilia and Reinhardt, both engines of destruction themselves.

How can anyone resist joining the Pony Emblem hype train after reading this?

kewlmyc

I have just been reminded of Camus and if he is a Grand Hero Battle unit in the near future I already have disgusting ideas for a team. He would give me a second Goad Cavalry and a distant counter 16 might lance all in one.

If you give him Hone Cavalry, take the second Camus and inherit his Goad Cavalry onto Cecilia, you can run a team of Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Reinhardt. This would include Fortify/Hone/Goad/Goad, which would mean:

Xander with Fury 3 would boast 62 Atk and 41 Spd.
Camus with Fury 3 would boast 59 Atk and 44 Spd.

Both would also have 40 Def. Add Vantage.

These in a team with Cecilia and Reinhardt, both engines of destruction themselves.

How can anyone resist joining the Pony Emblem hype train after reading this?

Too many feathers at this point. That's 80k feathers right there if you don't already have a 5* Reinhardt. Who's the 4th member of team pony? Xander seems to be replacing Roy's dad and Leo. Forget who's the go to 4th member of Pony Emblem.

Mupod

If you have recently gotten Ike and Ryoma, which one do you like better after trying them both?

Ike's default kit is way better. Heavy Blade + Quick Riposte is a lot of fun. In practical use he is fine because he reliably one shots green casters, but his bad speed already cost me one arena run last week. Gotta be careful with him.

Leveling up Ryoma right now and he's a more straightforward and easy to use character, although if you had a +SPD Ike you could basically make them into the same thing. I need Fury for him to be arena ready though, otherwise I'd need +3 SPD as a stopgap since mine's neutral.

I like Ryoma's art and VA better and I have more of an attachment to the character because Path of Radiance is hell of fuckin expensive and Nintendo won't put it on VC.

Whizkid7

If you have recently gotten Ike and Ryoma, which one do you like better after trying them both?

I like 'em both, and in fact have been pairing them up. Ryoma's Hone Speed puts Ike in a reasonable 35 Speed, and I stuck Hone Attack on Ike to give Ryoma a little more oomph (and will probably end up replacing Defiant Attack because of this). The two of them together, supported by Azura, can wipe the floor with everything minus blue mages, as unfortunately both of mine are -RES. Hence Azura.

Thankfully I also have Minerva to obliterate those pesky mages.

Roman

Too many feathers at this point. That's 80k feathers right there if you don't already have a 5* Reinhardt. Who's the 4th member of team pony? Xander seems to be replacing Roy's dad and Leo. Forget who's the go to 4th member of Pony Emblem.

Well as you can see I have already promoted Xander so it's only going to be Camus for me, assuming his Goad Cavalry is transferable at 4*. I strongly hope that's the case.

My current fourth member next to Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt is Frederick with a Brave Axe. However this arena season I replaced him with a Hone Cavalry wielding Clarine. :p

kewlmyc

Would Quick Riposte or Vantage be better on a Res+/HP- Fury Ryoma? Can't decide. Leaning on Vantage since Quick Riposte would cost me 20k feathers.

I'm having trouble deciding what to give Xander for his A skill. Any ideas? I don't wanna go with Fury because I'm gonna run quick riposte on B.

Deathblow 3 and I think that's pretty much it. Does he even need anything else to wreck everyone up?

That does mean it will cost me 40k feathers though as I'll have to sacrifice one of my trash Effies + make him 5*.

Deathblow seems like the only must have. I see Lancebreaker run on him alot too. As for the special. Luna or draconic aura might get more usage than sticking with blazing thunder since the cooldown is so high on it

Kyou

I've done two single pulls on the golden week banner

C-e1zAOUQAAigQE.jpg
C-zhKJaXsAAJNJA.jpg

what the fuck

I did some quests today and got another five orbs

...am I going to die?

edit: +spd, -def

Roman

Would Quick Riposte or Vantage be better on a Res+/HP- Fury Ryoma? Can't decide. Leaning on Vantage since Quick Riposte would cost me 20k feathers.

I would absolutely go Vantage because your Ryoma is not Spd crippled like mine. He is not supposed to take multiple hits.

In other news...

I just bought 35 orbs to try to get Hector once again because I have no self control.

The results were...shocking to say the least.

+Def/-Spd.

+Res/-HP.

I apologize for every time I've reacted in a bitter way towards anyone with unbelievable gacha luck.

laaame

Random questions time:

1. I got a Takumi finally.... only he is -ATK. Should I just scrap him to pass on close counter?

2. On my secondary account I have a team of Sharena, Nino, Tharja, and M. Robin. In theory this seems it should work since Nino one shots blues, Tharja one shots greens, M. Robin wins against colorless and reds. That said, I was cutting it close last week on defenses with only one defense. Previous session with the exact same team had 8 wins. Should I switch it up to match the metagame?

This is the most 5 stars I've gotten in a long time tbh. Most I've ever spent though (60 orbs)

Got

Y.Tiki +Spd/-Res
Azura +Def/-HP
Hector +Spd/-Def
Ryoma +Atk/-Spd
Eirika +Res/-Spd

All that within 80 orbs spent or so. Kind of coming around on those speed banes but man, why did Hector have to get that boon of everyone lol

Mupod

Ran into a flier team in arena that looked like it had a shit ton of money sank into it...but the AI seems really bad at using fliers. Might be more problematic on the volcano or bridge maps but this was the two walls one. They just split up and lost their buffs.

Random questions time:

1. I got a Takumi finally.... only he is -ATK. Should I just scrap him to pass on close counter?

2. On my secondary account I have a team of Sharena, Nino, Tharja, and M. Robin. In theory this seems it should work since Nino one shots blues, Tharja one shots greens, M. Robin wins against colorless and reds. That said, I was cutting it close last week on defenses with only one defense. Previous session with the exact same team had 8 wins. Should I switch it up to match the metagame?

Try a dancer on the defense team. Take a look at their skills - the AI is really stupid with rally abilities and makes very poor decisions. Dancer+Nino+Tharja with Robin or Sharena out front as bait should do the trick.

Close counter is tough as there aren't a lot of characters who can use it effectively, or at least more so than Takumi. I was thinking Saizo with Kagero's weapon and close counter could be pretty formidable, but then I saw his atk stat. I'd probably hang on to him for now, can't hurt to have extra 5* for the upcoming event.

laaame

Ran into a flier team in arena that looked like it had a shit ton of money sank into it...but the AI seems really bad at using fliers. Might be more problematic on the volcano or bridge maps but this was the two walls one. They just split up and lost their buffs.

Try a dancer on the defense team. Take a look at their skills - the AI is really stupid with rally abilities and makes very poor decisions. Dancer+Nino+Tharja with Robin or Sharena out front as bait should do the trick.

Close counter is tough as there aren't a lot of characters who can use it effectively, or at least more so than Takumi. I was thinking Saizo with Kagero's weapon and close counter could be pretty formidable, but then I saw his atk stat. I'd probably hang on to him for now, can't hurt to have extra 5* for the upcoming event.

I would love a decent dancer on my alt account but I only have a 3* Olivia, which could still work if I upgraded one of them. The team switch is mainly for defense though and dancer ai can be questionable at times.

I think my current alt team works because I have Sharena drag back an enemy then one of the mages kill them off. I have a feeling my ai team is not doing that lol.

Well I'm probably off to grind for a 5* Olivia. Thank you.

Spoit

Yeah, what are people's thought for upgrading olivia anyway? I'm sitting on almost 800 SP with her, and box space that needs clearing

Shun

Now that I got 2 in a single roll...

kfSbBO5.jpg

gecrxyd.jpg

Will add Life and Death 3 or Fury 3 to Ryoma later but...

This is fucking dumb. Single digit defense is amazing.

Alkez

You could merge them and enter hell in Arena. She doesn't have any particularly good skills to pass on.
Yeah, don't merge anything unless you are a whale and can merge your entire team. Shit gets ugly, VERY ugly.

I'm looking at getting my first +1 on my team soon. Will this instantly​ throw me into arena hell or will I need a few +1s/more + values than that?

Syntsui

I'm looking at getting my first +1 on my team soon. Will this instantly​ throw me into arena hell or will I need a few +1s/more + values than that?

Depends entirely on total stats for your team. I did a full run yesterday with 2x 4* level 2x units + level 40 Hector + level 40 Azura. Even with this ridiculously ''low tier'' team, I ended up fighting a 40+2 Ike with ridiculous stats (the other members of his team were much weaker).

So if your entire is 5* level 40, if you improve any of them with merging, that pretty much guarantees that every team you face will at the very least be full 5* level 40 with merged characters. It's balanced as far as stats goes I guess, but if one of your opponent's merged units is someone like Reinhart, you will lose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Dee Dee

To represent the bad luck brigade over all those people trolling with their shit lucky pulls:

I spent nearly 400 orbs on the SSS+ banner.
400 orbs.

And I got:

Azura -DEF/+SPD
Hector -ATK/+SPD
Ryoma -SPD/+RES
Takumi -SPD/+DEF
Tharja -RES/+SPD
Lucius -SPD/+ATK

Those IVs on anyone but Tharja and Azura... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Still at least somewhat glad I got to get the characters I wanted.
Yes, I did spend money on this.
Lord Chrom have mercy on me.

Sushen

Which Hector is better? Hp+/atk- or hp-/def+. Either way I'm done getting blues and greens from this banner. Now only Takumi or a better than def-/res+ Ryoma before the banner goes away.

Which Hector is better? Hp+/atk- or hp-/def+. Either way I'm done getting blues and greens from this banner. Now only Takumi or a better than def-/res+ Ryoma before the banner goes away.

-HP isn't even a negative anymore with the HP seal. You got a free 3 Def.

Ninferno

Yeah, what are people's thought for upgrading olivia anyway? I'm sitting on almost 800 SP with her, and box space that needs clearing
Pending 22000 feathers to upgrade a Palla to give her Ruby Sword+, Moonbow, and Wings of Mercy 3 (fortunately, I have more than enough SP for that. lol), but she's already a force to be reckoned with as is.

I have dumped enormous resources in Olivia and I was so mad when I went through all these just to pull an Azura later (I don't think I have to re-tell my horrible story of spending hundreds of orbs trying to get Ninian to no avail). However, after playing around with a double dancers team in PvE for a while, I actually find it to be a lot of fun. It opens up so much possibility, especially when these 2 ladies themselves can also be capable combatants if needed. Now, in terms of arena, I certainly won't run double dancers due to the need of including a bonus character (except for defense, maybe I can try a double dancers defense team to see if weird shit happens), but having dancers in two colors actually provides the flexibility to choose which color to pick based on what color your bonus character is. I run a Reinhardt + Hector core, so if my bonus char is a red, like Hana this season, I could pick Azura; if my bonus char is non-red, I could pick Olivia to at least have a red in case I ran into green-heavy teams.

After all, as a F2P I'm happy to work with what I've got, be it the 10 Sophias I pulled (4* + 10 Sophia incoming!) or the great pulls of Azura or Ryoma, and I'm having lots of fun.

I'm pretty sure my +Atk/-HP Ryoma with Fury + Swordbreaker has never lost a 1v1. Some of the skills like Fury and Moonbow simply shouldn't be inheritable. They did it with weapons; why not some of the skills themselves?

I wish I could see some of the details of the games I won defense with. I've been running my flier team on defense with Swap equipped on all 4 of them. It should make them stay together more, but I have no way of knowing what is actually going on.

Man, I really need to start getting rid of some units. Who's a good choice for Wary Fighter? I was thinking of putting it on Spring Camilla, since she's very vulnerable to getting doubled at 25 SPD. EDIT: Ugh, forgot Wary Fighter's armor-exclusive. Looks like my extra Zephiel's best off as LoD fodder.

Also gotta figure out what to do with the extra Spring Chrom and Reinhardt I pulled. Could ATK/DEF +2 work for Xander?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom