• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I finally pulled a Nino. She is +Speed, -HP, which should be good, right?

What kind of Build is recommended these days?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Some people really dove deep into this hero banner. I just ran into a lot of teams with a lot of Distant Counter sprinkled all over them.

I saw a merged Azura with Distant Counter. Really? Azura?

Sushen

I encountered Ike in arena and due to Ike's higher def, my Ryoma took more damage than Ike because the speed difference wasn't big enough. So, in 1v1, Ike is better unless Ryoma is spd+?

Akuun

Haha I was thinking about the same as I have an extra Hector now. It's more of a surprise joke than actually useful, though.
Yeah, some of these things strike me as more silly than useful.

I also saw a Nino with Close Counter and a Ninian with Lightning Breath+.

COUNTERS FOR ALL THE THINGS

Samstrike

What would be the best fourth unit for my horse emblem? I have :

Rein with Death Blow, Quick Riposte, Luna, Fortify
Titania with Distant Counter, Green Tomebreaker, Iceberg, Hone
Xander with Fury, Quick Riposte, Bonfire, Fortify

Ike hinges on his speed stat I think...if he's +SPD then he works fine as the cookie cutter Ryoma build with moonbow/fury/vantage. Boring but effective.

Mine is -HP +Res so I use him with luna/heavy blade/quick riposte. I haven't tried Aether yet but as Luna triggers after he takes one hit and attacks twice, that means that something is probably gonna be dead at the end of that combat phase, one way or the other. Gotta make sure he's hone speed buffed at all times for safety.

honestly for Tiki and that team I'd hold off on investing heavily and build up a good ranged unit.

Young Tiki and Ike, hm...They're actually statistically similar barring Ike's +4 Atk on Tiki and Tiki's +11 Res on Ike. Suppose they could use a similar build.

As for what that is, I dunno. I just throw TA and QR on everything. <.<

To note, Ike does actually need TA to survive -blade tome Cecilia/Camilla because their damage output is just that great if fully buffed while Tiki, hitting their Res stat, needs QR to kill them on counter.
Thanks guys, I guess I can finally try to win some arena battles. Didn't realize how much stronger people got since I stop playing.

Mupod

I thought up that Titania build the other day and I'd love to hear how it does in arena. It's the ultimate 'fuck off Reinhardt'.

Syntsui

Reinhardt should be nerfed, there is no point in going to arena if you don't have a hard counter to him. Motherfucker can clear your team alone witouth punishment, HUH.

Give a few weeks and I'll have my revenge with my own Reinhardt.

Reinhardt should be nerfed, there is no point in going to arena if you don't have a hard counter to him. Motherfucker can clear your team alone witouth punishment, HUH.

I jumped on his bandwagon as soon as he came out. People slept on him because his speed is atrocious and base attack is low, but neither of those matter if he is killing anything that moves.

Sushen

Isn't that true to a lot of mages in the game? I lost to Julia this morning despite of my death blow equipped Reinhardt. Even Ursula in the same team beat my Reinhardt.

Surely, some are more op than others but nothing is impossibly op, I think.

Syntsui

Isn't that true to a lot of mages in the game? I lost to Julia this morning despite of my death blow equipped Reinhardt. Even Ursula in the same team beat my Reinhardt.

But Julia doesn't cover half the map with her movement. She is easily the second best character right now though.

Akuun

My team currently has no one who can tank him, and every Rein encounter takes at least twice as long as any other arena fight because I have to plan so carefully. I can beat him if he walks into my range, but I have to bait him into walking close without also attacking anyone.

Rein + dancer is pretty bullshit.

Mupod

is yours +atk and running a team supporting him with hone/goad cavalry? That's when he becomes 'OP'. That and a +4 one will get matched up against unmerged infantry/armor because his total stats are so low. .

they won't nerf him outright but I expect more counters in the form of passive skills in the near future. Hopefully they don't come with horrible drawbacks like Windsweep.

Julia is his hard counter (not counting extensive inheritance on other greens) so I have to question why you'd even mess with her using him. But yeah just because he can't beat one character doesn't mean he's not ridiculous.

explodet

My arena team is just hard counters to popular characters.
I have an anti-Hector, an anti-Lucina/Ryoma, and an anti-Takumi/Reinhardt/Linde/Robin.
Gotta engage evasive maneuvers a bit if Julia shows up.

I get by.

Theosmeo

Use a dancer till camus comes out, his leaked stats look good and he has a distant counter lance

Akuun

My arena team is just hard counters to popular characters.
I have an anti-Hector, an anti-Lucina/Ryoma, and an anti-Takumi/Reinhardt/Linde/Robin.
Gotta engage evasive maneuvers a bit if Julia shows up.

I get by.
That's how I build teams too. I just ask myself how that team would answer common popular units.

What would I do against Hector/Linde/Rein/Nowi/Takumi/etc?

Sushen

is yours +atk and running a team supporting him with hone/goad cavalry? That's when he becomes 'OP'. That and a +4 one will get matched up against unmerged infantry/armor because his total stats are so low. .

they won't nerf him outright but I expect more counters in the form of passive skills in the near future. Hopefully they don't come with horrible drawbacks like Windsweep.

Julia is his hard counter (not counting extensive inheritance on other greens) so I have to question why you'd even mess with her using him. But yeah just because he can't beat one character doesn't mean he's not ridiculous.
Mine isn't atk+ but almost always buffed by Azura. Surely, he can destroy a team but what I was pointing out is so is Nino, Julia, and others in the right team. I don't feel he's the single most op unit.

Horse emblem Reinhardt sounds broken, though. I hope I never see the team.

kewlmyc

A shitton of people having dancers/singers now is really making me actually use tactics in Arena. Been doing fine so far other than the weird time Arena decided to pair me up with someone with a 692 rating that had at least +4 level everything on their team.

backlot

These banners have been good to me. Just got my highest arena score yet!

C-7Jx4IXsAAyevu.jpg

Azura/Eirika/Nino is really fantastic synergy. Thank you Hero Fest! Kinda mad they kept matching me up against teams with +8 mages though. Mine are all just +1 or +2.

Pejo

Man my Ryoma really needs Vantage. Having Fury 3 without it is just a death wish for him. I have a 4* Reinhardt ready to give it up, but I need the feathers to promote him to 5* first.

As a side note, how many total skills can a unit inherit? Is there a limit? Like if I wanted to build my Ryoma to have 2 totally different skill builds, could I do it?

Akuun

Man my Ryoma really needs Vantage. Having Fury 3 without it is just a death wish for him. I have a 4* Reinhardt ready to give it up, but I need the feathers to promote him to 5* first.

As a side note, how many total skills can a unit inherit? Is there a limit? Like if I wanted to build my Ryoma to have 2 totally different skill builds, could I do it?
I don't know of any limits. Some of my older characters have a big pile of inherited skills just sitting around from experimenting with different builds.

I thought Rein had Vantage 3 at 4*?

Scum

Azura/Nino/Eirika are my favourites, thus far. These three have been great for me even though I'm utter shite with them in PvP. They're just fun. Ninian & Nowi are close too. Hector's been alright.
All I want now is to add Tharja. ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Sushen

How's Linde compared to Reinhardt or Robin? I've heard she can be blue Nino with blade tome. How's her with her default weapon? I'm definitely aiming for Julia but don't know much about Linde.

Pejo

I don't know of any limits. Some of my older characters have a big pile of inherited skills just sitting around from experimenting with different builds.

I thought Rein had Vantage 3 at 4*?

I've got 26 skills on one character - inherited but not all learned. Different builds for different situations.

He does indeed. I'm looking at my 4* Reinhardt with Vantage 3 right now.

=O man I need to start looking at things more closely, thanks guys.

syncyes

Did one last 5-orb pull on the PoR banner.

Got an Ike!

I'm happy but part of me would've preferred Titania/Soren. I have way too many red sword 5*s @_@

Theosmeo

How's Linde compared to Reinhardt or Robin? I've heard she can be blue Nino with blade tome. How's her with her default weapon? I'm definitely aiming for Julia but don't know much about Linde.

Linde is absolutely ridiculous, she is the human embodiment of life and death 15

Akuun

Linde is kind of the blue version of Julia, but with speed rather than res. She's a magic nuker, fast enough to avoid getting doubled by most things, but is very fragile otherwise.

She's plenty strong with her default tome, but add Blarblade+ on her and she becomes even more powerful at nuking.

I think she fits a similar "blue delete button who should ideally never be placed in danger" role as Rein.

MRobin is more defensively oriented, packing less punch but making up for it by being much better at bait-and-counter tactics.

Alucrid

Banned
almost done the armor tier 10 quest because hector and effie just demolish everything. what are my best combinations for a horse / flier team?

kYY41kcl.jpg
58nM5x2l.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Linde is absolutely ridiculous, she is the human embodiment of life and death 15

The problem with Linde is that she fights a role that really isn't needed. Most people already have answers for red units, with good blue units being relatively common. Maybe if red mages were more common.

Vena

The problem with Linde is that she fights a role that really isn't needed. Most people already have answers for red units, with good blue units being relatively common. Maybe if red mages were more common.

Linde can blow up pretty much every color.

Mupod

I have a +atk blade tome Linde.

Regular Linde is pretty scary and deletes most of the game when set up with fury/desperation. Blarblade Linde is kind of overkill but I got tired of watching merged Eirikas occasionally survive with 1 hp. Dunno if I'd say it was really worth 20k feathers, but it's eliminated a little bit of arena stress because all these distant counter units can't hurt you if they are dead in one shot.

Reinhardt instagibs a lot of the cast, but he has a different role than Linde. If he has to take a hit he's going to get one weak attack off, then get doubled and die. Linde isn't the kill button out of the gate that Reinhardt is, but typically once any threats to her are eliminated from the map and she's in desperation mode, I just roll over everything with her. Hector for example, I usually just kill with Linde even if Ike is nearby because why not.

well, I use mine as an answer to almost anything that isn't a 40+ speed green or Julia. You don't see B tomebreaker a lot, an MRobin sucker punched me with it once but that was before I ascended to the point where I can one shot him with buffs.

Alucrid

Banned
Do you have a spare Nino for Cecilia to take gronnblade and drawback?

Or Odin for Ursula?

yep, got a crappy +atk - spd nino and a bunch of 3 star odins. so i guess those two plus maybe jagen and gunter? or at least their hone and fortify on other units?

Akuun

almost done the armor tier 10 quest because hector and effie just demolish everything. what are my best combinations for a horse / flier team?

kYY41kcl.jpg
58nM5x2l.jpg
For fliers, I don't see a Hinoka so you don't have Hone Fliers for offense, though Caeda for Fortify Fliers is nice. You also have plenty of Pallas for Goad Fliers, which you'll want to pass to anyone who's not sporting Hone/Fortify Fliers. You also have Bunnilla, who is great for a flying team.

Your team probably isn't complete for arena without Hone Fliers, but if you're just doing the training tower quests and want to minimize spending on promotions/SI, then you could probably do something like... Claire(forgot her name)/Bunnilla/Caeda/Cherche? Or Subaki/Bunnilla/Caeda/Cherche.

Phew. Bought 20 orbs and got a another Ryoma with +HP/-Res. Only took 2 orbs so I have some to spare for the mage banner.

If I merge them will I end up in Arena whale hell or no? This would be my only merged unit.

Alucrid

Banned
For fliers, I don't see a Hinoka so you don't have Hone Fliers for offense, though Caeda for Fortify Fliers is nice. You also have plenty of Pallas for Goad Fliers, which you'll want to pass to anyone who's not sporting Hone/Fortify Fliers. You also have Bunnilla, who is great for a flying team.

Your team probably isn't complete for arena without Hone Fliers, but if you're just doing the training tower quests and want to minimize spending on promotions/SI, then you could probably do something like... Claire(forgot her name)/Bunnilla/Caeda/Cherche? Or Subaki/Bunnilla/Caeda/Cherche.

thanks, and yeah this isn't going to touch arena. just for this month's quest and whatever future quests where you need specific units

Mupod

Phew. Bought 20 orbs and got a another Ryoma with +HP/-Res. Only took 2 orbs so I have some to spare for the mage banner.

If I merge them will I end up in Arena whale hell or no? This would be my only merged unit.

I could merge these Hectors but I'm terrified to. I already fight full +5 teams and I have no merged anything.

For now I need em both to do this armor quest so I'll hold off. If I do merge later on that's a ton of free SP worth of inherited crap I can give the better one.

Akuun

thanks, and yeah this isn't going to touch arena. just for this month's quest and whatever future quests where you need specific units
Depending on the strength of their 3* versions, you could try Catria too. Catria is great at multi-turn fights because of Armored Blow and Seal Attack.

Juni_

yep, got a crappy +atk - spd nino and a bunch of 3 star odins. so i guess those two plus maybe jagen and gunter? or at least their hone and fortify on other units?
Just put a blade tome on a pony and use hone/fortify cavs and you're good.

Ursula with Blade tome/Gunter/Jaegan/Eliwood is what I used last time this quest happened. The cavalry buffs turned Ursula into such a nuke she solo'd everytime. The best part is that because of it leveling everyone else past learning their buff skill is irrelevant. Hell with Fortify + Ward Cavalry even they were tanking lv40 hits.

Spoit

Yeah, if you're not doing arena, just the non-plused blade tome is probably fine, 90% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom