• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

My newly upgraded 5* Reinhardt helped me clear the 4* Xander map, paired with Death Blow enemies just disappear. Along with Azura, Effie and Kagero, I was just about able to survive the initial rush and just delete everyone once my second turn came around.

I'm pretty happy to already have a successful Defense. Playing Arena with Zephiel is not easy, and my final Advanced streak is 4595. I lost two units. I won't use any Swords this season, so this might be the best I can do.

I'm expecting that I'll rank between 50K and 100K, so I'll be getting 3500 Feathers. I'm fine with that! I'm at 63K Feathers, and I know that I will be much more competitive when I actually use them.

I switched out Linde with Robin(M), and I really like that I can survive against Colorless units now. Triangle Adept 3 and Swordbreaker 3 are really great on him. He has been pretty useful even in the midst of the power creep.

Whizkid7

So this just happened.

TTMpxXB.jpg

Know what that makes? Five. Five 5* units in a week. Ike, Ryoma, Azura, and now these two. It also means I've now pulled every Hero Fest character.

I...don't think I'll ever have to roll again, will I?

_Legacy_

I'm currently facing a horse eblem arena team of Leo +4, Spring Xander +6, Eldigan +3 and Reinhardt +4. This is total bull, only + unit I have is Ike and he's only +1. How the hell am I getting matched with these whale teams? They're all Fury'd up and Fortify/Hone Calvary up the whazoo as well.

I hope this gets fixed in the future, going to have to drop either my Nino or Hector to get more fair pairings. This is certainly not fun. Whale teams should only be paired with others of the same ilk. Arena seems broken for me right now.

OVDRobo

I'm currently facing a horse eblem arena team of Leo +4, Spring Xander +6, Eldigan +3 and Reinhardt +4. This is total bull, only + unit I have is Ike and he's only +1. How the hell am I getting matched with these whale teams? They're all Fury'd up and Fortify/Hone Calvary up the whazoo as well.

I hope this gets fixed in the future, going to have to drop either my Nino or Hector to get more fair pairings. This is certainly not fun. Whale teams should only be paired with others of the same ilk. Arena seems broken for me right now.

I've had the exact same problem recently. Couple of things I've found by burning duel crests to experiment:

1. You're much more likely to get matched with a horse/flier/armor emblem team if you have any skills on your characters that are part of that composition. If I remove Hinoka's Hone Fliers ability, the number of x emblem teams I get matched up with dramatically reduces, even if I don't have another. I have no idea why it works like this and I'm all for forcing x emblem team users to battle each other in their own personal hell, but it's a pretty noticeable difference.

2. For some reason, if you have a single merged unit, the advanced difficulty seems to think it's okay to match you up with teams of +4s. It's stupid and I can only hope that it's a lack of foresight in the matchmaking rather than throwing people that spend too much free bait.

Arena is absolutely terrible for me at the moment. I'm having trouble even hitting a 7 win streak because I keep matching with opponents that run compositions such as 3/4 horse emblem and a dancer or half-armor emblem and a mounted mage.

Mupod

So this just happened.

Know what that makes? Five. Five 5* units in a week. Ike, Ryoma, Azura, and now these two. It also means I've now pulled every Hero Fest character.

I...don't think I'll ever have to roll again, will I?

I've had similar, uncharacteristic luck. But it's silly to think you're done - they'll find a way.

I will say that having a strong team makes it easy to hold off, I was able to save 100+ orbs without much desire to pull. But they know how to get people, whether you play the game for minmaxing or to be dedicated to your waifu. It could be something like swimsuit Tharja or a unique character weapon/skill that shakes up the meta (one that dispels buffs like I mentioned before). Even I've got a few series favorites I'd pull for despite not 'needing' them, mostly in Sacred Stones.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got a 4* Hinata. Who do I give Fury3 to?

Serious question - are you actually expecting a response from us when we have no idea which characters you have?

Anyway, my horse emblem is almost complete:

Olwen - Luna, Life and Death, (not sure of her B), hone
Rein - Drac Aura, Death Blow, Lancebreaker, fortify
Xander - Bonfire, Fury, Vantage, Hone
Cecilia - Gave her a gronnblade, Iceberg and Fortify, but I'm not sure about her A/B skills yet.

Took up most of my feathers and useful SI fodder. I'll start with this setup and see how it is.

Edit: And I shudder to think of the work it would have taken to grind the necessary SP without it being doubled.

Every time I see arthurs artwork I almost cant believe its real. Its so out of place is ridiculous. There are other that are clearly different styles as well but he is by far the worst and most obvious. Its like someone hacked the game a slipped a shitty fan art in there.

Mupod

Got a 4* Hinata. Who do I give Fury3 to?

uh, who do you have?

it's amazing on the 'glass cannon' type of tome user. The very fast, very fragile ones like Linde, Nino and Tharja. On top of making them even faster and hit even harder, it gets their defense into a range where they can take a hit from something like Takumi. The health drain helps them get into Desperation 3 range and then they sweep the map. But yeah, the durability is nice - it's why I cringe when I see someone put Life and Death 3 on Linde. Pure offense only made sense when people thought 2 red swords, Hector and Effie was a good team. The rise of casters and cavalry means you can't always get the first hit safely.

It also works great with a Vantage user, or on dancers. Dancers rarely attack so you want them to be as strong as they can when they do.

Dusted off my move controllers and a couple of Dualshock 3s I haven't used in literally years and rolled a few more times hoping to get a second Hector to donate distant counter to someone. That didn't happen. Instead I got +Spd/-res on both Minerva and Ryoma.

Now I am racking my brain on what is the best team comp I can get. This arena season I think I am going to settle for an ok score. At 4720 right now. The season that will include Xander is where it gets exciting. So far my thoughts are:

Xander - Fury+Renewal+Fortify Res or Hone Attack+reciprocal Aid+HP seal. Literal tank and has the tools needed to refuel other units.

Ryoma - standard Fury+Vantage build. Hone speed would get Xander 31 speed and Nowi to 35 speed.

Hector

Nowi for the higher score or Reinhardt for the easier score.

It would be pretty awesome to run a full team of ranged counter units. Going Fury+Renewal on Xander is the only thing I am not 100% on right now, but with a team of counter attack units someone is going to have to refuel them.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Serious question - are you actually expecting a response from us when we have no idea which characters you have?

uh, who do you have?

it's amazing on the 'glass cannon' type of tome user. The very fast, very fragile ones like Linde, Nino and Tharja. On top of making them even faster and hit even harder, it gets their defense into a range where they can take a hit from something like Takumi. The health drain helps them get into Desperation 3 range and then they sweep the map. But yeah, the durability is nice - it's why I cringe when I see someone put Life and Death 3 on Linde. Pure offense only made sense when people thought 2 red swords, Hector and Effie was a good team. The rise of casters and cavalry means you can't always get the first hit safely.

It also works great with a Vantage user, or on dancers. Dancers rarely attack so you want them to be as strong as they can when they do.

Don't have much unfortunately:

Already have Fury on Nino and TikiY.

Pejo

Got back up to 10 orbs yesterday and they were burning a hole in my pocket. Was planning on sniping blues to try to land an Azura. I did a pull and it had 2 blue orbs, yay!

First one was a 5* Reihhardt +atk -spd, pretty much the best you could get for him. It's funny seeing a 0 speed stat though. I had literally just finished leveling a -HP +SPD Reinhardt earlier in the day to 40 though, ah well, so glad combining units carries skills over.

Then I realized I should not have done that until I beat 4* Xander. Dammit.

Anyways, second blue ended up a -Def +Res Azura! I already had a Takumi from launch, so I now have all of the banner units, pretty excited. Plus, I stil have about 10 orbs to get via quests so I can have a few more shots at Ike. Not a bad day for FE.

I really need a blue mage for that Xander stage though, I burned through 3 refreshes with all sorts of various team comps last night and couldn't make it past the first move with any of them. If only I would have held off on combining tiny hands...

Mupod

Dusted off my move controllers and a couple of Dualshock 3s I haven't used in literally years and rolled a few more times hoping to get a second Hector to donate distant counter to someone. That didn't happen. Instead I got +Spd/-res on both Minerva and Ryoma.

Now I am racking my brain on what is the best team comp I can get. This arena season I think I am going to settle for an ok score. At 4720 right now. The season that will include Xander is where it gets exciting. So far my thoughts are:

Xander - Fury+Renewal+Fortify Res or Hone Attack+reciprocal Aid+HP seal. Literal tank and has the tools needed to refuel other units.

Ryoma - standard Fury+Vantage build. Hone speed would get Xander 31 speed and Nowi to 35 speed.

Hector

It would be pretty awesome to run a full team of ranged counter units. Going Fury+Renewal on Xander is the only thing I am not 100% on right now, but with a team of counter attack units someone is going to have to refuel them.

I dunno about Renewal on Xander, you gotta work around his god awful speed. You might need Quick Riposte, if for no other reason than to deal with Bunny Camilla as she has the nasty habit of surviving a single ranged counter sword hit. G Tomebreaker might be nice because 2 hits from Nino or Julia will end him and unlike Ike his speed is a lost cause even with buffs. He's a goner if they somehow survive a hit from him...which they just barely might when def buffed and merged with Fury.

Triangle Adept could be safer than Fury, as with his movement he can dodge blues. TA2 would be plenty to one shot Nino/Julia on offense or a counterattack. Would still need QR2 to secure the kill on slightly tankier things like Bunny Camilla or Minerva.

Thinking of running TA2 on Ryoma myself until I find another Fury for him. His one job is gonna be killing green casters and I'm already giving him Reposition via a Selena anyways.

You lucky bastards all suck, and I will continue rolling in my pile of Barsts and Oboros.
I am in the same club except for me it is Gunter's and Cecilia's. Everybody has all the luck and I am sitting here wanting to get really good units but I get squat.

I dunno about Renewal on Xander, you gotta work around his god awful speed. You might need Quick Riposte, if for no other reason than to deal with Bunny Camilla as she has the nasty habit of surviving a single ranged counter sword hit. G Tomebreaker might be nice because 2 hits from Nino or Julia will end him and unlike Ike his speed is a lost cause even with buffs. He's a goner if they somehow survive a hit from him...which they just barely might when def buffed and merged with Fury.

Triangle Adept could be safer than Fury, as with his movement he can dodge blues. TA2 would be plenty to one shot Nino/Julia on offense or a counterattack. Would still need QR2 to secure the kill on slightly tankier things like Bunny Camilla or Minerva.

Thinking of running TA2 on Ryoma myself until I find another Fury for him. His one job is gonna be killing green casters and I'm already giving him Reposition via a Selena anyways.

But I also have Ryoma to deal with that. I got a spare Roy I could put TA 3 on Xander, then Renewal will get some extra mileage as he won't be bleeding 6hp on every encounter. Mainly want Xander to absorb green and red melee and the occasional green mage if needed. Beyond that I plan to use him as a refueling station, a highly mobile one.

I do like the TA idea though. He would just body any green, and I am seeing way more teams running two green units now. Especially flier teams.

Wiseblade

How useful would Quick Riposte be on a 5* Xander? Between Siegfried having innate distant counter and his natural bulk, Xander seems like he'd make a great bait unit. His ATK seems a ltitle on the low side, but I'm not sure if that's just from the way my level ups have been going/not being 5* or if his damage output is lacking without support.

Just noticed that's there Skill Inheritance. Must have been added after i had already stop playing.

Any advice for my team?
It's Nowi
Young Tiki
Ike
Hector.

Pretty unbalance team but I like these guys.

Mupod

But I also have Ryoma to deal with that. I got a spare Roy I could put TA 3 on Xander, then Renewal will get some extra mileage as he won't be bleeding 6hp on every encounter. Mainly want Xander to absorb green and red melee and the occasional green mage if needed. Beyond that I plan to use him as a refueling station, a highly mobile one.

I do like the TA idea though. He would just body any green, and I am seeing way more teams running two green units now. Especially flier teams.

I'm blind and didn't see the Ryoma in there somehow. The perils of browsing this thread at work in a tiny window. I'm pretty set in my own playstyle and just haven't run into too many fights where heals would do much, it's all one round blow-ups. I'd be interested to hear how that setup works out. I do think TA is overkill with two strong reds on the team, even with greens everywhere.

But yeah the flier team I ran into yesterday was minerva/bunny camilla as the muscle and 2 others for buffs. From a traumatic experience a couple weeks ago I no longer underestimate Minerva as that -1 special cooldown means a merged, buffed or +atk one can easily kill Hector on offense with Luna. Very unpleasant.

Vena

I feel bad for Spring Chrom. He's actually a solid unit, good stat spread, good speed and very good attack, but he exists in between Cherche (flying) and Frederick (+1 mounted mobility), and just fails to really stand out aside from, potentially, a carrot/renewal tanking build that any other unit could also just as easily do because its not unique to him.

Poor Chrom, always there to be second fiddle to his daughter (red Lucina > red Chrom, Spring Lucina > Spring Chrom) while getting his ass handed to him by random Captain Falcon appearances.

I feel bad for Spring Chrom. He's actually a solid unit, good stat spread, good speed and very good attack, but he exists in between Cherche (flying) and Frederick (+1 mounted mobility), and just fails to really stand out aside from, potentially, a carrot/renewal tanking build that any other unit could also just as easily do because its not unique to him.

Poor Chrom, always there to be second fiddle to his daughter (red Lucina > red Chrom, Spring Lucina > Spring Chrom) while getting his ass handed to him by random Captain Falcon appearances.
His art also looks bad in my opinion.

You lucky bastards all suck, and I will continue rolling in my pile of Barsts and Oboros.

I am in the same club except for me it is Gunter's and Cecilia's. Everybody has all the luck and I am sitting here wanting to get really good units but I get squat.

This banner set has been bad for me too. Ugh Reighs and Selenas =_=

Just noticed that's there Skill Inheritance. Must have been added after i had already stop playing.

Any advice for my team?
It's Nowi
Young Tiki
Ike
Hector.

Pretty unbalance team but I like these guys.

At the very least get Vantage on Hector if you can.

Jayhawk

Pulled two Hectors, an Azura, and an Ike the past week. I got them up to 40 methodically during 2x SP event.

I merged the two Hectors and the super Hector can equip any of Goad Armor, Threaten Atk, and Threaten Def in C slot; Moonbow or Pavise special; Pivot or Swap for assist.

I ran out of Hinata fodder for Fury 3 for Azura.

I can't decide if I want Vantage 3 or Quick Riposte 3 on B slot for my Ike.

I am using the rest of 2x SP event time to inherit skills on the 2nd Ryoma I got back at release to properly skill my neutral IV Ryoma.

I am also trying to figure out how to configure my Flier Emblem team, mostly with the C slots. I am probably gonna end up feeding my only Hinoka (Hone Fliers) to either my +SPD Cordelia or +SPD Eggmilla. +ATK Cherche will also be on this flier team, and I guess a Palla if I can stop myself from using all copies for Moonbow.

Sushen

I pulled after losing 7th arena battle because of stupid Soren being a drag. I was hoping for Ike, instead I got 5* Kagero...except she's atk- garbage. Such a terrible way to start a day.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Hector

I'd be interested in seeing how that goes. I'm not sure how Xander will work with Ryoma without making each other redundant though, because they serve such similar roles. Xander serving as a tank/HP battery probably doesn't synergize well with Fury. Renewal is nice, but chances are a 4v4 fight won't last long enough to get a lot of use out of Renewal, especially if most of it is getting burned down with Fury + tanking. If you're tanking, you'll likely be using Reciprocal Aid to hoover HP off of other units to keep being able to tank, and not using it to give HP to heal others.

Ryoma with Fury + Vantage could be a better tank for squishies than Xander, and you'll need him to fight a bit to get into Vantage range anyway. Actually, if you're using Vantage then keeping Defiant Attack might be better for him than Fury. Nowi is a good tank too, and effectively serves the same tank-and-counter role as Xander or Hector. With Xander+Nowi+Hector you're probably looking to swap them around to tank whatever color they're good against, then maybe using Ryoma to clean up, possibly by baiting with Vantage?

I still favor Quick Riposte over Vantage, but your team might work too. QR guarantees a counter-kill but requires a recharge to stay in range, while your approach of countering with one hit and renewing is more sustainable. It will likely lead to longer fights, since you will have to counter people once and then clean up on the next turn.

By basing your team around ranged counter, you'll probably be fighting running battles where you're constantly backing off and letting enemy units come to you, which may be hard to do on cramped maps.

Which might be a good argument for using Rein over Nowi to provide some much-needed ranged options...

Vena

I can't decide if I want Vantage 3 or Quick Riposte 3 on B slot for my Ike.

Threten Attack is less useful (reliability is always dubious with these Threaten moves) than Fortify Defense if you want sheer survivability on your team from Ike. Also Threaten Attack, to me, makes like no sense with Vantage (see next sentence).

And Vantage because his defensive capabilities are crap as is and a single encounter will put him into Vantage range and he can kill a lot of threatening units on the initial hit (like any mage).

Hey, a 4* +10 Cecilia's roughly equal to a 5* +5 Cecilia. Wouldn't mind one of those, personally. :p

Don't have much unfortunately:

Already have Fury on Nino and TikiY.

Images ain't showing up for me. :s

How useful would Quick Riposte be on a 5* Xander? Between Siegfried having innate distant counter and his natural bulk, Xander seems like he'd make a great bait unit. His ATK seems a ltitle on the low side, but I'm not sure if that's just from the way my level ups have been going/not being 5* or if his damage output is lacking without support.

It's what I'm planning for him, personally. While he does hit hard and is a phys-tanking champ at 5* and buffed (Who needs Swordbreaker when the average swordsman can barely dent him?), he doesn't hit quite hard enough. I like things dead ASAP.

I've had the exact same problem recently. Couple of things I've found by burning duel crests to experiment:

1. You're much more likely to get matched with a horse/flier/armor emblem team if you have any skills on your characters that are part of that composition. If I remove Hinoka's Hone Fliers ability, the number of x emblem teams I get matched up with dramatically reduces, even if I don't have another. I have no idea why it works like this and I'm all for forcing x emblem team users to battle each other in their own personal hell, but it's a pretty noticeable difference.

Just checking: When you removed Hone Fliers from Hinoka, you did replace it with another Rank 3 passive, right?

Any tips on Nowi for skills?
I was thinking Triangle adapt since she kinda struggled against reds.

Go for it. Can't think of any other A-slot she'd want.
B-slot is either Quick Riposte for general kill power or Swordbreaker if you really hate Lucina.

Mupod

Any tips on Nowi for skills?
I was thinking Triangle adapt since she kinda struggled against reds.

Okay thanks. I have a Lon'qu to do that.

Triangle Adept/Quick Riposte nowi is a popular build. TA lets her facetank Falchions and QR lets her get counter kills despite her meh speed. QR is awesome on ranged counter characters in general, there's a reason Hector is infamous.

You can build her a few different ways based on her stats though. I could make a case for Fury/Vantage if she was +SPD. Swordbreaker also lets her beat Falchions handily if you want her A slot for something else.

StAidan

Well, after buying 150 orbs for the Ike banner last week and getting squat, I still dedicated May's F2P orbs to the banner in a desperate hope to pull him (in spite of really wanting to pull on the Golden Week banner too)... with 13 orbs this morning, I went for it one more time:

The Ikes are res+/atk- and def+/hp-, neither of which are totally ideal, but I guess I'll keep the +def and merge the other one.

The Mist, well, she's actually atk+/res- which is pretty good for her I think... if I wanted to use a healer for some crazy reason.

QR is awesome on ranged counter characters in general, there's a reason Hector is infamous.

Yeah, and honestly I kinda think that Hector having QR on Armads and Distant Counter as a skill might be the best thing. With Xander he has Distant Counter built in, but now I have to decide on either QR or Vantage rather than just running both like Hector can.

Also if Distant Counter was just a skill on Xander it'd mean free Distant Counter fodder.

Jayhawk

Threten Attack is less useful (reliability is always dubious with these Threaten moves) than Fortify Defense if you want sheer survivability on your team from Ike. Also Threaten Attack, to me, makes like no sense with Vantage (see next sentence).

And Vantage because his defensive capabilities are crap as is and a single encounter will put him into Vantage range and he can kill a lot of threatening units on the initial hit (like any mage).

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Vantage. Having -RES (-4), on the Ike hurts though. For the C slot, I will have to figure out if he will be escorting my Hector and Effie around with Azura supporting the team. This Ike probably won't replace my neutral IV Ryoma, so maybe I have to carve a niche for this +SPD, -RES Ike. Then I have a +HP, -DEF Lucina. I should figure out situations for all my sword infantry units...

Triangle Adept/Quick Riposte nowi is a popular build. TA lets her facetank Falchions and QR lets her get counter kills despite her meh speed. QR is awesome on ranged counter characters in general, there's a reason Hector is infamous.

You can build her a few different ways based on her stats though. I could make a case for Fury/Vantage if she was +SPD. Swordbreaker also lets her beat Falchions handily if you want her A slot for something else.

Go for it. Can't think of any other A-slot she'd want.
B-slot is either Quick Riposte for general kill power or Swordbreaker if you really hate Lucina.
Okay. Thanks, sounds good, at last my second Roy has a purpose now.

Hate to keep bugging, but any tips on Young Tiki and Ike?

Mupod

Ike hinges on his speed stat I think...if he's +SPD then he works fine as the cookie cutter Ryoma build with moonbow/fury/vantage. Boring but effective.

Mine is -HP +Res so I use him with luna/heavy blade/quick riposte. I haven't tried Aether yet but as Luna triggers after he takes one hit and attacks twice, that means that something is probably gonna be dead at the end of that combat phase, one way or the other. Gotta make sure he's hone speed buffed at all times for safety.

honestly for Tiki and that team I'd hold off on investing heavily and build up a good ranged unit.

Young Tiki and Ike, hm...They're actually statistically similar barring Ike's +4 Atk on Tiki and Tiki's +11 Res on Ike. Suppose they could use a similar build.

As for what that is, I dunno. I just throw TA and QR on everything. <.<

To note, Ike does actually need TA to survive -blade tome Cecilia/Camilla because their damage output is just that great if fully buffed while Tiki, hitting their Res stat, needs QR to kill them on counter.

Should be fixed now~

REINHAAAARDT

...Is an awful choice for Fury because he can only use the Atk part of Fury, but you've got two of them and I'm jealous.

Er, anyways, well, seems you use Olivia, so I'm gonna echo Mupod's suggestion of putting it on a dancer.

I'm blind and didn't see the Ryoma in there somehow. The perils of browsing this thread at work in a tiny window. I'm pretty set in my own playstyle and just haven't run into too many fights where heals would do much, it's all one round blow-ups. I'd be interested to hear how that setup works out. I do think TA is overkill with two strong reds on the team, even with greens everywhere.

But yeah the flier team I ran into yesterday was minerva/bunny camilla as the muscle and 2 others for buffs. From a traumatic experience a couple weeks ago I no longer underestimate Minerva as that -1 special cooldown means a merged, buffed or +atk one can easily kill Hector on offense with Luna. Very unpleasant.

I am leaning more towards Fury 3. That way with Ryoma's hone speed he can get to 31 speed and that would prevent a lot of doubles. I want the ability to heal because the teams I am facing are also one shot machines of death (merged in top of that) and at times it fills like a unit is decommissioned after one encounter because their health is too low. Reciprocal Aid gets them back in the fight and Renewal gets that unit back up to heal again.

As I said the Nowi comp is for the hard earned high score and Reinhardt would be for the easier deathless run. Probably start with the Reinhardt comp first just to bag a guaranteed deathless run.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Young Tiki and Ike, hm...They're actually statistically similar barring Ike's +4 Atk on Tiki and Tiki's +11 Res on Ike. Suppose they could use a similar build.

As for what that is, I dunno. I just throw TA and QR on everything. <.<

To note, Ike does actually need TA to survive -blade tome Cecilia/Camilla because their damage output is just that great if fully buffed while Tiki, hitting their Res stat, needs QR to kill them on counter.

I use TA and QR on my Nowi, and I would build a Young Tiki the same way. I put fury and vantage on my ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom