• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Linde can blow up pretty much every color.

well, I use mine as an answer to almost anything that isn't a 40+ speed green or Julia. You don't see B tomebreaker a lot, an MRobin sucker punched me with it once but that was before I ascended to the point where I can one shot him with buffs.

Maybe I'll appreciate her more if I ever get one :)

Scum

Now Est the time.

Simply the Est of us.

The Est in the West.

It was the Est of times, it was the worst of times.

The Wild Wild Est.

etc...

4sTem.gif

Tripon

I finally got a 5 star Takumi. I'm so glad that I haven't spent any real money on this game yet. (Only google survey credit so far).

Cerium

Guys

I'm slipping

Puyo Puyo Tetris has consumed me

I don't know if I can keep finding time for Fire Emblem while trying to learn how not to suck at Puyo

Bonfire or Moonbow for Xander?

Personally, I'm leaving Blazing Light on him, but I'm one of those crazy people that actually likes the 5-charge specials. Never did like Moonbow'ing someone at 1HP. Prefer things that trigger when I demand it.

But of those two, Bonfire. I'm assuming he's using Quick Riposte, so he can use a 3-charge special when tanking one enemy.

Won't bother with Sacred Cowl. He's not going to survive Tharja with or without it. Don't think he even survives a green mage. Certainly won't survive a fully-buffed Spring Camilla without TA.

elty

I have two copies of Klein (both -ATK). I want to use one copy to teach Death Blow.

I think I have two option:

Kagero +ATK -HP
Reinhardt +DEF -RES

Or is there nay notable candidate that I should consider?

Personally, I'm leaving Blazing Light on him, but I'm one of those crazy people that actually likes the 5-charge specials. Never did like Moonbow'ing someone at 1HP. Prefer things that trigger when I demand it.

Do you ever get to actually use the 5 cooldown specials before everything is over without either a brave or killer weapon though? Specially in this case considering Xander won't really double anything besidea using quick riposte.

So... any way to beat 10-5 without a Subaki? I only have a 3* version at lv35.

Sure but we need more info on your units to recommend anything.

Ninferno

I'm going to have a Switch problem soon too. Just manged to order a neon set from Amazon.jp, and I'm one of those stupid guys who bought BotW before even owning a Switch, despite owning a WiiU. To make matters even worse, Shadows of Valentia is coming soon too so I probably won't even start messing with the Switch and Zelda before I finish SoV. My Heroes playtime is going to take a hit for sure when these two time-sinkers arrive.

Speaking of SoV, its second week sales number in Japan isn't looking good. Here's hoping it can find its success in the west, where it is practically a new FE game rather than a remake. I need Jugdral games on the Switch in my life; please do not let the "Echoes" dream die.

Ninferno

BTW, not sure if this has been mentioned before but I read people from multiple forums suggesting that equipped skills' SP cost has an effect on arena scores. "Equipped skills" is a factor for matchmaking and scoring as announced in the release notes, but one has to wonder how exactly and how much they affect your score. While nothing is conclusive yet, people have done experiment like "equip Ike with Luna, play a few matches and get the average of the match scores, then equip him with Aether and repeat, compare the scores" and claimed that they saw a correlation between SP cost and skill scores.

I haven't done any similar experiment myself to verify this yet but if it turns out to be true, Aether and Galeforce may become more valuable for arena.

But of those two, Bonfire. I'm assuming he's using Quick Riposte, so he can use a 3-charge special when tanking one enemy.

Won't bother with Sacred Cowl. He's not going to survive Tharja with or without it. Don't think he even survives a green mage. Certainly won't survive a fully-buffed Spring Camilla without TA.

Yea theorycrafting him in a non Calvary team is driving me nuts. I think I have settled on running Triangle Adept 3 and just neutralize all green units, and he can tank a hit from nearly any red melee as well if Nowi is not in position. Hoping to get four solid weeks of use out of Xander. 2 weeks with him as a bonus unit and then 2 weeks with Sharena as the bonus unit.

My other account is easy. Horse Emblem gooooooooo!!!!

Do you ever get to actually use the 5 cooldown specials before everything is over without either a brave or killer weapon though? Specially in this case considering Xander won't really double anything besidea using quick riposte.

Sure do, but not in a general fight where you fight one of each color. Not really concerned about those. If I lose a 1v1 because of a special, it's a 1v1 I shouldn't have fought. More concerned with the 1v2, 1v3, and 1v4; concerned with things like fighting Brave Axe Cherche, -blade tome Spring Camilla, and Minerva with a Cordelia hanging nearby. It's there where specials like Aether and Galeforce start to shine. Sometimes it just has to be that one unit doing nearly everything.

And with defense maps and maybe the new game mode later, I only see 5-charge specials becoming more relevant. Moonbow's not going to save you.

BTW, not sure if this has been mentioned before but I read people from multiple forums suggesting that equipped skills' SP cost has an effect on arena scores. "Equipped skills" is a factor for matchmaking and scoring as announced in the release notes, but one has to wonder how exactly and how much they affect your score. While nothing is conclusive yet, people have done experiment like "equip Ike with Luna, play a few matches and get the average of the match scores, then equip him with Aether and repeat, compare the scores" and claimed that they saw a correlation between SP cost and skill scores.

I haven't done any similar experiment myself to verify this yet but if it true, Aether and Galeforce may become more valuable for arena.

All the more reason to use them, I suppose, though I find it silly. Feel all Rank 3 passives, 5* weapons, and advanced specials should be weighted equally.

Sushen

I just counted up all the skills to inherit after promoting fodders plus 5* promotions. I need over 50,000 feathers, obviously not counting future promotions of GBH units. It looks like I'll be in feather deficit and won't be finishing my team anytime soon.

I'm going to have to see Lloyd stats before promoting Xander in the same sense.

chrono01

I just counted up all the skills to inherit after promoting fodders plus 5* promotions. I need over 50,0000 feathers, obviously not counting future promotions of GBH units. It doesn't look like I'll be in feather deficit and won't be finishing my team anytime soon.

I'm going to have to see Lloyd stats before promoting Xander in the same sense.
Yeah, even with the feather change (with them giving out more for daily stuff), it's still a struggle. I wish it didn't cost feathers to evolve your characters. It makes it extra painful when you pull a character with good inheritable skills, but at a lower rarity before they learn them. More feathers to evolve them, just to later waste them when you fuse that character away.

Even if they reduce the amount needed to evolve (say, 10k for a 4* --> 5*), it'd be better than it currently is.

champloo

I have two copies of Klein (both -ATK). I want to use one copy to teach Death Blow.

I think I have two option:

Kagero +ATK -HP
Reinhardt +DEF -RES

Or is there nay notable candidate that I should consider?

Reinhardt needs it more badly. Kagero is better off with Fury 3 imo, makes her an amazing bait against ranged units.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, even with the feather change (with them giving out more for daily stuff), it's still a struggle. I wish it didn't cost feathers to evolve your characters. It makes it extra painful when you pull a character with good inheritable skills, but at a lower rarity before they learn them. More feathers to evolve them, just to later waste them when you fuse that character away.

Even if they reduce the amount needed to evolve (say, 10k for a 4* --> 5*), it'd be better than it currently is.
It's called investing, not waste.

Well, I accomplished my mission. I summoned Azura.

I used up my free Orbs whenever I got them. I could have waited until Sunday hit, but I would have had 9 Orbs to summon. So, I sadly spent money to get this over with once and for all.

Before spending money, my 5* Focus rate was at 5.63%. I though to myself, "It's only going to take a few more Orbs to get Azura!" I kept summoning from Blue stones, and received a barrage of Donnel, Shanna, Robin (M), and Odin. I summoned Azura at 6.25%.

My Azura is +RES/-ATK, which is meh. But I succeeded, because she's not -SPD. Azura is useable with anything but that.

I avoided summoning a Peri or other undesirable, too.

Maybe one day, I will have at least one or two decent Colorless units. I won't be spending anymore on this game!

Sölf

Would have preferred to finally get a Hector or a Takumi, but I take this. Not as good a pull simply because with Ninian I already have a blue 5* Dancer, but yeah, Azura is good, right?

Scum

What an utter dumbass I am. I keep forgetting about the Ardent Sacrifice and Desperation 3 that my Nino has!
RoyPlease.png

Mupod

I don't think I've remembered I have Wings of Mercy on Azura even once.

I do get a decent amount of mileage out of Ardent Sacrifice though. Ike or Hector are usually pretty messed up after baiting the inevitable nino/julia/reinhardt, Linde can sometimes get them back into Quick Riposte range while turning on her desperation death cannon.

Having a dancer again makes arena a lot less annoying. I still ran into some shitty teams - I saw a 686 with a Nino out front that my brain was telling me to back out of. It was Nino, Reinhardt, Sanaki and Eirika. Beating that team perfectly was the first real test of this team and I'm pretty happy with how it went. But it took some Reposition/dance shenanigans to save Hector from Eirika after she backed him into a corner while I was killing the casters.

Got my 4810 using nothing but the daily swords, and only used 7 of em. I don't think I'll fall out of the 1000-5000 ranking until I can't run a 5* bonus unit anymore, but if I do I can start backing out of 686 and only going in for 688-690. At any rate, I'm glad Azura didn't seem to affect my ranking at all. In fact I'm 2 points higher than last week when I ran the same team but with Sharena instead of her.

Roman

This is actually kind of impressive considering I didn't even bother promoting Clarine to 4* and slapped Hone Cavalry on her. In the Xander (and Camus) seasons I'm definitely aiming for mid 4.8k.

I can also definitely recommend using Swap on Pony Emblem. Reposition is less useful than on fliers because you cannot place mounted units on forests (or mountains or water tiles).

Not only does Swap allow you to bring a vulnerable mage to safety, it can also be used to increase your range. When Xander can use Swap to make Reinhardt and Cecilia effectively move 4 spaces the effect is devastating. Cecilia has Draw Back due to simply having it inherited from Nino, and can use this to draw allies "forward" with a similar outcome.

I just played the dual walls map twice in a row and it was no problem at all simply due to these assist skills.

This is actually kind of impressive considering I didn't even bother promoting Clarine to 4* and slapped Hone Cavalry on her. In the Xander (and Camus) seasons I'm definitely aiming for mid 4.8k.

I can also definitely recommend using Swap on Pony Emblem. Reposition is less useful as on fliers because you cannot place mounted units on forests (or mountains or water tiles).

Not only does Swap allow you to bring a vulnerable mage to safety, it can also be used to increase your range. When Xander can use Swap to make Reinhardt and Cecilia effectively move 4 spaces the effect is devastating. Cecilia has Draw Back due to simply having it inherited from Nino, and can use this to draw allies "forward" with a similar outcome.

I just played the dual walls map twice in a row and it was no problem at all simply due to these assist skills.

Is horse emblem capable of getting to mid 4.8 arena score? If so what's your plan to do that?

Mupod

I hate the double walls map sometimes. My main problem is that I'm unsure when or why the AI will break a wall or not. The Nino/Reinhardt/Sanaki/Eirika match I mentioned in my previous post was on that map, and I took a gamble hoping they wouldn't break a wall at one point. I wanted to have Linde bait Sanaki so I could move Ike in to take out Nino, but Nino would have been in Linde range if they had Eirika break the wall separating them. Thankfully Eirika decided to break a different wall for no reason.

Is horse emblem capable of getting to mid 4.8 arena score? If so what's your plan to do that?

there's no way without merging. I consistently get 4810 with a team of 3 infantry+1 armor with skills inherited in all slots. Although Azura didn't hurt my points at all so I'm curious what a 4 cavalry team would do, and if you actually would need to minimize the mounted mage presence.

Ninferno

Come to think of it, when Olivia gets to be the bonus char through daily HB units rotation, I will be able to run a double dancer team; that's gonna be fun. Have been enjoying the double dancer experience (Reinhardt/Hector/Azura/Olivia) with PvE. It just opens up millions of ways of approaching things. Arena will be different though, the prominent green presence can certainly be problematic.

Ninferno

I find the twin walls map to be problematic too; the first turn often turns into a guessing game, because in many cases you aren't sure what the enemy's order of action is going to be. Will a melee unit break a wall first or is it going to be mage besides him. When it goes your way it could be easy because enemy comes at you one by one, but when the 1st round take some unexpected turns, you will find yourself in an awkward position and have limited space to work with, especially when the enemy has a dancer.

Sushen

Would Xander be good in arena even without horse emblem? I am partial about this guy.

I was going to have another orb push for both hero fest and mages, but it looks like mages won't come until next week. Since I want to maximize the chance for mages, I'll stop hoping for Takumi or spd+ Ryoma. It's not like they're guaranteed anyway.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Finally broke the 4800 barrier and got 4810 this week. Yay for having a 5* bonus character for once!

One match was a very juicy 692 that turned out to be full of +7 to +10 merged 4* characters. I laughed when I saw that +10 4* Donnel.

I'm starting to see more merged characters and some very aggressive SIs. It's scary to see teams full of units that had multiple 5* characters sacrificed to build them, when I'm not rich enough to do the same to my team.

There was another match I ran into that had a +5 5* Matthew running Poison Dagger+. I guess that person... really likes Matthew?

there's no way without merging. I consistently get 4810 with a team of 3 infantry+1 armor with skills inherited in all slots. Although Azura didn't hurt my points at all so I'm curious what a 4 cavalry team would do, and if you actually would need to minimize the mounted mage presence.
Does Flier Emblem fall into the same boat? If it's impossible to get 4800+ with fliers then I'll probably slow down on building my flier team. I still want a flier team for fun, but if it's not that good for arena points then I could use my feathers for other things at the moment.

Finally broke the 4800 barrier and got 4810 this week. Yay for having a 5* bonus character for once!

One match was a very juicy 692 that turned out to be full of +7 to +10 merged 4* characters. I laughed when I saw that +10 4* Donnel.

I'm starting to see more merged characters and some very aggressive SIs. It's scary to see teams full of units that had multiple 5* characters sacrificed to build them, when I'm not rich enough to do the same to my team.

There was another match I ran into that had a +5 5* Matthew running Poison Dagger+. I guess that person... really likes Matthew?

Does Flier Emblem fall into the same boat? If it's impossible to get 4800+ with fliers then I'll probably slow down on building my flier team. I still want a flier team for fun, but if it's not that good for arena points then I could use my feathers for other things at the moment.

Fliers don't have a BST penalty like Calvary. They have the same BST as infantry. Flier penalty is weakness to archers. So I think a team of fliers is more than capable of getting to 4800+. I think Mid 4800s is reserved for an all armor team or a team with a 2 or more merged multiple time units.

Akuun

Ohh okay, thanks.

I was running my incomplete flier team in the training tower to do quests, and I was thinking how it really isn't anywhere near as good as my main infantry team. The added mobility doesn't make up for a total lack of ranged attacks or distant counters on my flier team. I'll probably still give it a try for fun, but I see myself going back to a more normal team to ensure points if this doesn't work well.

Either that or I'll need to start throwing Fury on some fliers for the added punch.

Mupod

Fliers don't have a stat penalty, outside of Spring Camilla who won't tank your rating by herself. Their innate weakness to bows is meant to make up for it I guess.

+10 4* units is a totally legit strat. They have higher stat totals than an unmerged 5*, so if you can put a 5* weapon on them you're good to go. I've run into what, in retrospect, must have been a merged 4* Hana because there's no way that team was worth 690 otherwise. Since the matchmaking takes rarity level into account, I'd imagine that them being 4* drops them down in the matchmaking somewhat despite their high stat totals which is why you'd end up facing +10 versions.

if Quick Riposte 2 wasn't so useful I'd have made a +10 Subaki to mess around with this stuff. Donnel is a fun choice because his stats are overall pretty high. You can throw him into https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ to get an idea of what he'd be like. Check out a +10 4* Donnel with Fury 3 and a Silver Lance+, shit's scary.

Akuun

+10 4* units is a totally legit strat. They have higher stat totals than an unmerged 5*, so if you can put a 5* weapon on them you're good to go. I've run into what, in retrospect, must have been a merged 4* Hana because there's no way that team was worth 690 otherwise. Since the matchmaking takes rarity level into account, I'd imagine that them being 4* drops them down in the matchmaking somewhat despite their high stat totals which is why you'd end up facing +10 versions.

if Quick Riposte 2 wasn't so useful I'd have made a +10 Subaki to mess around with this stuff. Donnel is a fun choice because his stats are overall pretty high. You can throw him into https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ to get an idea of what he'd be like. Check out a +10 4* Donnel with Fury 3 and a Silver Lance+, shit's scary.
The guys I ran into did look pretty legit. I treated them like 5* characters and didn't take any chances. It's an interesting way to go, though sacrificing a 5* to give a 4* unit their weapon feels wrong, even though it costs less feathers in the long run.

I know how you feel about Quick Riposte. I'm a huge fan of that skill too. I'm also actually low on Donnels (I'm down to the two free ones) because I really like Reciprocal Aid. I am building up a huge pile of Florinas and Ests because I don't use them for SI fodder often, though...

Oh, and here's a picture of that +5 Matthew:

Sushen

How's hp+/spd- Roy? 27 spd sounds tons of getting doubled by many units. If viable, I'll use him for countering mages especially for green type.

StAidan

This is the first arena season where I've really had tons of trouble saving all four of my units in a round, and in some cases it's been tough to even get a full win streak. I keep running into merged+vantage Ryoma, which even my +atk, 40+1 Tharja can't ORKO, leaving him in vantage range to solo the rest of my team (except for one case where I was able to get my Hector into vantage range and bait Ryoma into attacking him).

I have given some thought to benching Tharja in favor of the Ike I pulled yesterday, since he'd be able to ORKO even a merged Ryoma. But then I realized that the reason he goes up against Ryoma so well is due to swordbreaker. So I checked out the damage calculator and, sure enough, if I SI swordbreaker into Tharja, she can once again ORKO Ryoma up until a 40+8 merge level.

Luckily, I have a spare 4* Abel for the donation.

How's hp+/spd- Roy? 27 spd sounds tons of getting doubled by many units. If viable, I'll use him for countering mages especially for green type.

He still OHKOs regular Nino and Julia, but according to the calculator he fails to kill 12 units that he'd beat at neutral speed including Spring Camilla, and at +spd he gets 11 more wins than that.

kswiston

I have been levelling some of my 5-star units today.

My Azura is unfortunately +HP/-SPD

My Reinhardt is +HP/-RES

Neither of those seem to be particularly good IVs ...

I have almost completed my Kagero, with Moonbow, Deathblow 3, Vantage 3, and Ardent Sacrifice. I still have to decide on a C-skill for her. I gave her the HP+3 seal to make up for her HP bane. Being +ATK, she currently carries my entire team. Mages are pretty much all OHKOs, except Robin. Luckily, fewer people are using Robin these days. With Azura, she can even kite Effie to death.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have been levelling some of my 5-star units today.

My Azura is unfortunately +HP/-SPD

My Reinhardt is +HP/-RES

Neither of those seem to be particularly good IVs ...

I have almost completed my Kagero, with Moonbow, Deathblow 3, Vantage 3, and Ardent Sacrifice. I still have to decide on a C-skill for her. I gave her the HP+3 seal to make up for her HP bane. Being +ATK, she currently carries my entire team. Mages are pretty much all OHKOs, except Robin. Luckily, fewer people are using Robin these days. With Azura, she can even kite Effie to death.

You won't be attacking with Azura much so her IV isn't important. It's almost always better to have one of your stronger units attack again than to have her attack.

For Reinhardt, that IV is also fine. The only bad IV for him is -attack, really. Ideally, he should never take hits, and if he does, it had better be from a mage. The HP/Res trade off probably won't matter much in that instance except in those instances where he would have survived with 3 or less HP..

Ninferno

I have 3 4*, 6 3*, and 2 free daily HB Cecilias so I can make a 4* +10 Cecilia if I want. Seriously, I might actually do it someday, and maybe even promote a Nino to give her Gronnblade+, though I doubt the "plus" is necessary given how ridiculous Hone/Fortify Cavalry already are.

Alright, I will do it after I finish Project Olivia, which upon reaching its final from will have cost like 48k feathers, and after I promote my perfect +Atk -Res 4* Kagero and gave her L&D 3 which is another 40k, and after I give my Effie Brave Lance+... Oh crap, it is going to take forever isn't it.

Pejo

+RES -DEF Kagero is a pretty good candidate for Vantage, right? That'd make her a mage killer for anything that's not Cecilia, Reinhardt, or S. Camilla. I'm not really sure which A skill to use on her though. Any suggestions?

+RES -DEF Kagero is a pretty good candidate for Vantage, right? That'd make her a mage killer for anything that's not Cecilia, Reinhardt, or S. Camilla. I'm not really sure which A skill to use on her though. Any suggestions?

She won't kill Robin either. She should have either Fury or Life and Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom