• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

She won't kill Robin either. She should have either Fury or Life and Death.

Thanks. I threw Vantage on her (could only get to rank 2 with the SP i had saved up), and finally beat Xander GHB level 40.

Team was Effie, Ryoma, Kagero, and Ninian. Was a really close call, Effie was surprisingly the closest to dying thanks to that damn horse mage and teleporting healer shenanigans.

Feels good to have that done, i definitely wanted two Xanders to play around with.

I might start giving my units random skills just to boost my arena score, oi. >.> If I'm fighting (Flying) Pony Emblem despite Xander's missing B-slot and 4* Anna having zero SI, I may as well get it higher.

kswiston

She won't kill Robin either. She should have either Fury or Life and Death.

Deathblow 3 works well too if you are not lucky or a cetacean. Life and Death is pretty hard to get outside of Hanna, and with her you have to use the 20-22k feathers getting her up to 5* to get L&D3. On offense, Deathblow 3 outcompetes Fury 3.

Using my set up (Vantage 3, and Moonbow), along with the -Def/+Res IV, I'm getting 2 more wins and 6 fewer conclusive losses with DB3 over Fury3 against the entire FE roster on an offensive turn (with full life).

http://andyiverson.me/apps/fehmasssimulator/

Fury would be better for a defense team Kagero, but I have never really had much difficulty knocking enemy Kagero units out in Arena. I'm not sure the Fury bonuses would change anything there.

Sushen

So with so many great red sword lords, what is the most effective red sword in the current arena meta?

Outside of arena, which is your favorite to use?

Mupod

So with so many great red sword lords, what is the most effective red sword in the current arena meta?

Well fast green mages are everywhere so the best possible one would be someone with good speed, enough attack to one shot Nino/Julia, and distant counter. Ryoma is faster than Ike, whereas Ike hits very slightly harder and has better built-in skills.

Xander, however, has the advantage of benefiting from and being able to carry cavalry buffs. Cavalry teams are absurdly strong.

Zephiel can be turned into an arguably better Hector (that attack stat), but I have no need to invest heavily in him.

Eldigan is a monster of a defense unit. Combined with a dancer and Swordbreaker I actually think he's almost as threatening as Reinhardt, just not as common. His stat spread is similar to Xander and -1 special count 16 mt weapons are pretty damn good.

Ike's Heavy Blade is a fun skill to mess around with. I got a lot of mileage out of Lucina and she got me through some tough times, she was my first character with over 40 atk despite playing since launch. If my Lyn wasn't crap though, she'd be one of my favorites - her Res is actually good unlike most fast reds. Built in Desperation 2 and Galeforce can let you sweep weaker teams but her bad attack stat falters in arena and 10th stratum.

edit: shit I forgot Eirika. I wish I had one, as an avid -blade tome user.

You won't be attacking with Azura much so her IV isn't important. It's almost always better to have one of your stronger units attack again than to have her attack.

For Reinhardt, that IV is also fine. The only bad IV for him is -attack, really. Ideally, he should never take hits, and if he does, it had better be from a mage. The HP/Res trade off probably won't matter much in that instance except in those instances where he would have survived with 3 or less HP..

I disagree about your point on Azura. SPD has the highest effect on her survivability and combat, so it is the one stat that actually matters to her. +SPD is the best nature hands down, while -SPD is crippling.

Every other boon and bane for her is negligible. Look at what SolarKnight just posted about Roy.

Speaking of Roy, I got my first one ever after summoning the entire Azura batch. He's +SPD/-DEF, and I consider that close to optimal. I wanted Roy primarily to use as TA3 fodder, but this one is worth keeping even if I don't actually level him up.

This weeks arena is ridiculous, can't even get 3 wins. Might need to 5* an adult Tiki just to pass down her weapon to Fae to deal with all these mages in the areana

Probably a toss up between Ryoma and Eirika. Ryoma is self explanatory, but Eirika is never not useful. Even against a team of blue units, she would still be vital in winning the match.

Favorite to use would be Eirika, if you couldn't tell. She makes winning matches more fun.

Scum

Eirika, of course.

MQs51Wl.jpg

Sterok

This arena session was not kind to me. I was able to get a perfect run, but it took a lot of dueling crests. Zephiel is worthless.

Nino would really appreciate more buffs than what Sharena gives. I guess that means I'll be feeding my spare Eirika to Ephraim. I'm sure he'll be secretly happy.

kswiston

This weeks arena is ridiculous, can't even get 3 wins. Might need to 5* an adult Tiki just to pass down her weapon to Fae to deal with all these mages in the areana

I keep getting my run broken/ruined by Reinhardt.

Everytime I get this map:

360px-Map_Z0007.png

I will without fail face a Reinhardt with a dancer.

I am running Nowi, Azura, Ike, and Kagero. None of them are really able to tank a Reinhardt hit thanks to his double attack. He can reach my side on his first turn (with a dancer), and the obstacles really cut down my ability to manoeuvre.

Sterok

Reinhardt is the reason I won't even consider replacing Nino. She eats him 95% of the time, and he's easy to draw out with her. Too bad there are a couple cases where he one shots her anyway.

Hm, maybe I'll go full Nino Kuni with Nino/Ephraim/Olivia. Would prefer Eirika/Azura, but either should work and I don't have a blue dancer.

Muramasa

thinking about the same thing, since i have her as a 5 star.

I made last season the mistake to upgrade my nowi to 40+2. i got an increase of arena points from 678-680 to 680-682... A lot of +3linde and +3julias started to show up. It is just not worth it.

kewlmyc

Eirika for buffs or Lucina/Ryoma

As for personal favorite, it's still Eirika since her and Nino are BFFs. Maybe I should bother actually playing her game at some point.

Sushen

Well fast green mages are everywhere so the best possible one would be someone with good speed, enough attack to one shot Nino/Julia, and distant counter. Ryoma is faster than Ike, whereas Ike hits very slightly harder and has better built-in skills.

Xander, however, has the advantage of benefiting from and being able to carry cavalry buffs. Cavalry teams are absurdly strong.

Zephiel can be turned into an arguably better Hector (that attack stat), but I have no need to invest heavily in him.

Eldigan is a monster of a defense unit. Combined with a dancer and Swordbreaker I actually think he's almost as threatening as Reinhardt, just not as common. His stat spread is similar to Xander and -1 special count 16 mt weapons are pretty damn good.

Ike's Heavy Blade is a fun skill to mess around with. I got a lot of mileage out of Lucina and she got me through some tough times, she was my first character with over 40 atk despite playing since launch. If my Lyn wasn't crap though, she'd be one of my favorites - her Res is actually good unlike most fast reds. Built in Desperation 2 and Galeforce can let you sweep weaker teams but her bad attack stat falters in arena and 10th stratum.

edit: shit I forgot Eirika. I wish I had one, as an avid -blade tome user.
To me Marth is the first red lord so he has a special place in my team. Lucina is the first unit that made me spend money to summon although I rarely use her any more especially after Ryoma in the house.

I don't have a 5* Eirika so I can't tell if she's good. Originally I wanted Lyn but my spd- is underwhelming.

Still need to decide if I'll invest in Xander for the next arena season. Speaking of arena, I wish there are different modes where I can compete with my best team without bonus characters and the unit levels are normalized. Then that will be a true test of skills and the team.

Ninferno

Ran into this just now. I swear every Azura-lead team I proceeded to fight (normally due to their attractive scores at around 690) turned out to be Azura + 3-color cavalries BS. Dear game, could you just cut me some slack, please?

That 4* Eliwood has Durandal, which means this guy actually merged a 5* into a 4* one. It is either he wanted to make it cheaper to get to +10; or he just want to make lives of people competing at ~690 more miserable. Bastard.

I keep getting my run broken/ruined by Reinhardt.

Everytime I get this map:

I will without fail face a Reinhardt with a dancer.

I am running Nowi, Azura, Ike, and Kagero. None of them are really able to tank a Reinhardt hit thanks to his double attack. He can reach my side on his first turn (with a dancer), and the obstacles really cut down my ability to manoeuvre.

That's probably my worse map next to the lava one, I'd rather take the double bridge map everyone hates so much

Reinhardt is the reason I want to promote a -atk/+Res to merge to my already +1 Nowi. With Fury 3 and a Res buff she would survive a +10 +atk deathblow 3 Reinhardt that has a buff from Hone Calvary. She would even kill him if he didn't have the speed buff or if she had a speed buff.

I mean I hope I never run into that nightmare, but the point is she would tank him and kill him. In addition to being super useful against swords and red mages.

Weebos

Banned
Got 5 orbs, did a random pull hoping for a Hector, no greens so I pulled red and got Ryoma.

+HP -SPD

Meh, could be worse. Even with -SPD he is pretty similar to Ike:

Neutral Ike:
42/35/31/32/18

+HP -SPD Ryoma:
44/34/32/27/21

Similar stats overall.

I'll work on him, might consider Quick Riposte over Vantage because of his nature.

Ninferno

This is why you surrender when you see a dancer as the team leader, or Eirika.

True, and I do hit the "give up" button all the time. Thing is, sometimes scores like 696 are so tempting that you may give in and take the risk anyway and get punished. Yes, maybe I should exercise more self-control.

I avoided every single flier/cavalry lead team; I avoided most of the dancer/singer lead team, especially when the score is not high enough to justify the risk. Eirikas and Ninos are also bad signs generally speaking, but I find them to be mostly manageable even when they turned out to be actual buff-centric teams now that I have Ike.

Ran into this just now. I swear every Azura-lead team I proceeded to fight (normally due to their attractive scores at around 690) turned out to be Azura + 3-color cavalries BS. Dear game, could you just cut me some slack, please?

That 4* Eliwood has Durandal, which mean this guy actually merged a 5* into a 4* one. It is either he wanted to make it cheaper to get to +10; or he just want to make lives of people competing at ~690 more miserable. Bastard.

Only fought 3/4ths Pony Emblem + 1 Dancer once so far. From what I've seen, their extreme mobility actually works against the dancer as they run too far for the dancer to catch up. Hell, here, if all the cavalry go right, Azura can't do shit. Still, you need to kill them and kill them fast. Helps that I use Pony Emblem myself, though it still seems doable here with your crew.

Sushen

I can't even win 7 times. I also noticed every one is either running + whatever or atk+.

I see where all atk+ went and why I'm stuck with atk- and spd-. IV is the meanest and most unfair feature of the game. And it did make differences in the matches.

Ninferno

And before i forget to mention it, I managed to gather 500 SP today for Ike that I let him learn Aether and did some around 10 matches since then. The score I'm getting does seem to improve a bit compared to when he was using Luna, about a point or two more per match. So Aether and Galeforce aren't trash now, if you are at some brackets' edges but can't quite make it, say you are at rank 5.2k, it might be worth it to try to push for another 10 points or so to squeeze yourself into 5k.

Also, I think I should give my 5* Hana on my alt account some skills now. Changing from last weeks' budget SI 5* Sharena (fully filled her empty skill slots with low-cost, and not-in-high-demand skills like Escutcheon and drag back from Gwendolyn) to a vanilla 5* Hana have cost me around 3 ~ 4 points per match. At this rate, I'm not going to stay in top 5k. I gave Sharena the skills because she's bonus char 2 out of every 6 weeks and I was reluctant to do the some for Hana because she won't be returning as often, but now I think I might do it for any daily HB unit I use anyway, especially the ones I have at 5* because they aren't complete dead weight and do have some usefulness.

xequalsy

I'm still struggling a lot at facing dancers+nuker (or even dancer plus mild damage threat) right now. Maybe I need to think about inheriting some pivots and stuff like that, the extra movement could help me out.

Also think it's likely time to retire MRobin soon, I'll try rocking Azura for a bit instead and seeing how that goes. Not been seeing too many archers around, and Robin is pretty much horrible against every meta nuker right now.

Also considering swapping out Hector for... something. He's kinda the insurance policy I guess, never actually found I can manuver in time for him to be part of the useful action.

Welcome any input.

I'm still struggling a lot at facing dancers+nuker (or even dancer plus mild damage threat) right now. Maybe I need to think about inheriting some pivots and stuff like that, the extra movement could help me out.

You definitely need to get positioning skills. Unless said dancer is Olivia a Vantage Hector can pretty much deal with that entirely by himself. Hell in my last arena match he pretty much dealt with Linde+Takumi+Azura by himself at the same time.

It took some time but at long last I have the OG Axe lord himself

-HP +res but the former can be easily remedied with the HP Seal.

Also got a 4* Tharja from the same roll. Not sure If I'll use her or gut Rounblade to give to a character I actually like.

Pejo

I'm really glad I kept all of my stamina refills since the game started. Burning them like crazy on this 2x SP event, getting all sorts of goodies for my characters.

Mupod

Also think it's likely time to retire MRobin soon, I'll try rocking Azura for a bit instead and seeing how that goes. Not been seeing too many archers around, and Robin is pretty much horrible against every meta nuker right now.

Also considering swapping out Hector for... something. He's kinda the insurance policy I guess, never actually found I can manuver in time for him to be part of the useful action.

Welcome any input.

are you using movement assists like Reposition? Those are essential for using Hector. Him and Ike can take hits from archers just fine.

That team should easily handle every strong caster aside from a red one, which I personally rarely see. Bunny Lucina could replace Robin for that.

I personally use Ike/Hector/Linde/Azura and had a pretty easy time with arena this week. Dunno what I'm gonna do if I have to carry a weak bonus unit though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm really glad I kept all of my stamina refills since the game started. Burning them like crazy on this 2x SP event, getting all sorts of goodies for my characters.

Same. I can't imagine grinding SP without the double bonus in effect. Thankfully I'm about done with all the units I want to level.

Spoit

So I have 2 spare Pallas taking up space in my box. Save them for moonbow inheritances, or splurge and give out goad fliers for a (placeholder) flier emblem team.

And for that matter, what's the good flyer emblem team (that doesn't rely on spring camilla)? Right now I'm thinking Hinoka, Brave axe cherche, Palla (for lack of a better red) and....I dunno, maybe cordellia or camillia? Don't have spring Camilla, don't have minerva

So on the account that I want to use Xander with Horse Emblem do you all think just a Resistance 3 or Defense 3 or Soeed 3 with Quick Riposte is enough? If so which one? Keep in mind I expect he will have all Calvary buffs on him except ward calvary.

Would prefer fury but don't have Hinata, and perhaps avoiding the 6 hp loss won't be too bad as he will be able to stand toe to toe with so many units especially with Hone/fortify/Goad buffs.

suzu

Welcome any input.

Use Swap and/or Reposition! You have the same team as me, minus Hector (I don't have him). I switch between using Olivia (no Azura or Ninian) or Klein (no Takumi).. Hero Fest has not been kind to me. :(

So on the account that I want to use Xander with Horse Emblem do you all think just a Resistance 3 or Defense 3 or Soeed 3 with Quick Riposte is enough? If so which one? Keep in mind I expect he will have all Calvary buffs on him except ward calvary.

Would prefer fury but don't have Hinata, and perhaps avoiding the 6 hp loss won't be too bad as he will be able to stand toe to toe with so many units especially with Hone/fortify/Goad buffs.

Triangle Adept. I don't care that it makes him worse at fighting blues, nor do I care about reds having a statistical advantage for using Fury when he's not using it. Those reds die to Spring Camilla if they're forced to tank her and he will too if he doesn't use it. Even Sanaki would die if she's forced to tank without TA.

Triangle Adept. I don't care that it makes him worse at fighting blues, nor do I care about reds having a statistical advantage for using Fury when he's not using it. Those reds die to Spring Camilla if they're forced to tank her and he will too if he doesn't use it. Even Sanaki would die if she's forced to tank without TA.

The urge is strong don't get me wrong. I already plan to do that on my main account, so part of me just wants to try something else. I think with speed 3 and the speed seal and all the pony buffs Xander would be doing just fine and still be able to tank many blues and if in Quick Riposte range would kill them.

Bunnimilla buffed by fliers is a nightmare though. thankful she was a limited time thing and hope I never run into a +10 of her.

champloo

I find myself caring less about the arena these days(have 103 dueling swords right now).. Without a 5* bonus unit, I just can't get pass the 4750 threshold, and with a solid trio, I don't need to change my team frequently, so it's been 7 battles and done every week.. Kinda wish there is no such thing as bonus heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom