• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

Frederick needs to be a 5* to transfer wings of mercy 3, Azura can't learn wings of mercy 3 unless you give it to her.
What you pass is all there is. So, you should pass WoM 3 if you want WoM 3. I think there are other unit that give level 3 at 4*. Having said that that 10% difference isn't huge. My Azura has it at level 3 but at level 2 for a long time because of 360sp cost. It's a situational skill anyway.

So you actually have to pass the desired skill. That's pretty much what I expected. Thank you guys.

I kinda figured it out when I was trying to get vantage on Takumi, but it's nice to have confirmation

_Legacy_

Torn between what to put on Julia assist and A slot skills. For A, I'm looking at Fury 3 or Life and Death 3. Assist is Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice. For those who run Julia in arena, do you use Fury 3?

Roman

Torn between what to put on Julia assist and A slot skills. For A, I'm looking at Fury 3 or Life and Death 3. Assist is Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice. For those who run Julia in arena, do you use Fury 3?

Life and Death would compromise her role as a magic tank. She prefers Death Blow. For an assist I would suggest Draw Back.

It's a skill well suited for non-frontline units that by itself can save you games that otherwise would have resulted in a death.

Scum

Alright, guys. I need a helping hand. PvP/Arenas have never been my forte but I'm always willing to give it a go. I've got the usual suspects (Azura, Ninian, Nino, Eirika, Hector and the like) but I'm useless at setting them up in a coherent team.
But! I've seen a lot about these Flier/Horse/Armour Emblem teams and the Armour Emblem intrigues me. Where do I start?

Roman

Alright, guys. I need a helping hand. PvP/Arenas have never been my forte but I'm always willing to give it a go. I've got the usual suspects (Azura, Ninian, Nino, Eirika, Hector and the like) but I'm useless at setting them up in a coherent team.
But! I've seen a lot about these Flier/Horse/Armour Emblem teams and the Armour Emblem intrigues me. Where do I start?

Armor is less viable than the other two (especially due to no ranged options) but it can still work. Do you have Hector and Effie?

Our Discord server that is linked in the OP could help you out with any questions you have on these kinds of team compositions.

Scum

Armor is less viable than the other two (especially due to no ranged options) but it can still work. Do you have Hector and Effie?

Our Discord server that is linked in the OP could help you out with any questions you have on these kinds of team compositions.
I have Zephiel, a Neutral Hector and a +HP -ATK Effie. You mentioned ranged options. What about Distant Counter...? 🤔

Syntsui

Give her Fury 3 for the extra tankness + attack.
Stay away from ardent sacrifice, unless you want to use her for only one turn.

Wiseblade

Ugh... I made the mistake of adding up how many feathers I'd need to promote and properly SI the characters I'm building up right now and it'd take 100,000. That's 5 months, at best. And who knows what else will get added to the list in that time.

Gacha: Not even once.

Syntsui

Ugh... I made the mistake of adding up how many feathers I'd need to promote and properly SI the characters I'm building up right now and it'd take 100,000. That's 5 months, at best. And who knows what else will get added to the list in that time.

Do you want an entire team with deathblow or something? lol

Roman

I have Zephiel, a Neutral Hector and a +HP -ATK Effie. You mentioned ranged options. What about Distant Counter...? 🤔

-Atk Effie is not great but if you really want to build this then Hector's Goad and Gwendolyn's Hone Armor can mitigate it. I also really like Draug over Zephiel on Armor teams since his Spd is bumped to 42 (at 5*) and his Atk at least to 40. As a nice bonus he brings Ward Armor. With a Killing Edge/Bonfire build he becomes a genuine threat.

Armor Emblem is also heavily reliant on repositioning skills like Swap, Reposition, Smite and Pivot.

c-murph

Thats why you need to whale hard with vengeance to get eleven 5*s of the characters you need on their banner. Duh. Pretty simple.

Nightbird

So, what do I do with this fella now?

NGPrbFv.png

ggx2ac

I seem to finally have a Flier team for arena due to not getting Ryoma from the Hero Fest, that banner really sucks because two a percent increase didn't make much of a difference for me, I got upto 6.25% for Focus before I ended up with a 5* that wasn't focus.

Although I'm not sure if it will be that good. I ended up with a lot of 4* Caeda units thanks to trying to get Ryoma and failing.

It will be difficult trying to get more Hinoka and Minerva units since they are only 5* and I didn't try getting more Hinoka units back at the voting banner.

I haven't figured out what's the best skills to give, I guess having Goad Fliers on Hinoka and Caeda is better than having Hone/Fortify Fliers while Minerva still has Ward Fliers if necessary, otherwise, Goad Fliers on her too.

I want to give Caeda Ruby Sword+ but Armourslayer+ has been pretty useful, still thinking about it. She doesn't do great damage and has low health, maybe I'll give her Seal Attack to at least not let enemies beat her easily. I don't know if I should replace her Darting Blow with Fury. (Which I would probably give her Desperation or Renewal then.)

Hinoka's​ Blazing Wind is a very good AoE move, but if it doesn't work well in arena, I could try something that triggers quicker like Moonbow or Luna. Especially if I go with Goad Fliers because Blazing Wind doesn't benefit from combat buffs.

And then the other part is thinking about their mobility, I lack a ranged attacker so I need good support skills or whether I should use Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.

Reposition is really good on fliers, don't have to worry about terrain.

Can't wait to see Arena revamp. Not sure why but this is the first season ever where I can't get a 7 streaks without losing a character. I usually do 2-3 perfect run per season. So many of the maps I hate the most this week, combined with the most annoying team hiding under scores I don't understand like 680. Maybe I am just not focused enough these days.

Zafir

Can't wait to see Arena revamp. Not sure why but this is the first season ever where I can't get a 7 streaks without losing a character. I usually do 2-3 perfect run per season. So many of the maps I hate the most this week, combined with the most annoying team hiding under scores I don't understand like 680. Maybe I am just not focused enough these days.

The matchmaking can be all over the place even when you're using the exact same team selecting the same difficulty, I've found. Sometimes you get put against a strong meta team, with popular characters like Hector, Ryoma, Julia, Linde, Reinhardt etc that have optimal builds on a rubbish map which can be a bit tedious to deal with. Other times you can get put on a nicer map against a less meta team which ends up being much easier.

This season was rough. First time I had to run a 4* the whole season on both accounts and Zephiel was only helpful as a physical wall for me.

Excited for the Xander season and hopefully Sharena cycles back around after that. What the game really needs is a mode to take advantage of people's bench. Like a wave mode where you can take in 8 units and sub in characters after one has died.

ggx2ac

The matchmaking can be all over the place even when you're using the exact same team selecting the same difficulty, I've found. Sometimes you get put against a strong meta team, with popular characters like Hector, Ryoma, Julia, Linde, Reinhardt etc that have optimal builds on a rubbish map which can be a bit tedious to deal with. Other times you can get put on a nicer map against a less meta team which ends up being much easier.

I have to avoid cavalry teams because fighting Reinhardt and Olwen is annoying.

I managed to not have as much trouble against flier teams even if they had Spring Camilla.

Everything else is not too problematic even with dancers, I still find a way to survive.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Third reroll was worth it, literally the one I was wanting the most.

By the way, what are those numbers that appear at the characters after finishing each map? I mean grey-ish numbers like 0.60, 0.43 and so. Is the total of experience the unit won?

Mupod

Third reroll was worth it, literally the one I was wanting the most.

By the way, what are those numbers that appear at the characters after finishing each map? I mean grey-ish numbers like 0.60, 0.43 and so. Is the total of experience the unit won?

Hero Merit. You can gain up to 2000 on a hero, and they pay out 500 feathers for each 500 points you accrue. The catch is it's not specific to that individual, for example if you play with 4 Olivias you'll gain 4 times as many hero merit towards Olivia, but it'll still cap out at 2000.

It's a long grind but over time it'll result in a decent amount of feathers. And it's a good way to bang out the last 500 if you're close to 20k in a week.

I seem to finally have a Flier team for arena due to not getting Ryoma from the Hero Fest, that banner really sucks because two a percent increase didn't make much of a difference for me, I got upto 6.25% for Focus before I ended up with a 5* that wasn't focus.

Although I'm not sure if it will be that good. I ended up with a lot of 4* Caeda units thanks to trying to get Ryoma and failing.

It will be difficult trying to get more Hinoka and Minerva units since they are only 5* and I didn't try getting more Hinoka units back at the voting banner.

I haven't figured out what's the best skills to give, I guess having Goad Fliers on Hinoka and Caeda is better than having Hone/Fortify Fliers while Minerva still has Ward Fliers if necessary, otherwise, Goad Fliers on her too.

I want to give Caeda Ruby Sword+ but Armourslayer+ has been pretty useful, still thinking about it. She doesn't do great damage and has low health, maybe I'll give her Seal Attack to at least not let enemies beat her easily. I don't know if I should replace her Darting Blow with Fury. (Which I would probably give her Desperation or Renewal then.)

Hinoka's​ Blazing Wind is a very good AoE move, but if it doesn't work well in arena, I could try something that triggers quicker like Moonbow or Luna. Especially if I go with Goad Fliers because Blazing Wind doesn't benefit from combat buffs.

And then the other part is thinking about their mobility, I lack a ranged attacker so I need good support skills or whether I should use Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.

Reposition is really good on fliers, don't have to worry about terrain.

For Caeda, it depends on how much you want to invest in her. Either way, she ends up better with the Armor Slayer + for killing things. Ruby Sword+ just makes her a worse Palla. For her A skill, DeathBlow 3 or Attack + 3 are her better options. Fury 3 works, but the HP drain will cause her to rack up more losses too. B-slot is Vantage if you want her to kill things, since she'll launch Iceberg on the counter. For her C-skill, you'll need to figure it out based on who you have doing what. I've been looking at it for my team, and 2 goads are probably best, but Fortify comes in handy for more defensive flyers like Catria.

On Hinoka, I'm running a +attack - res one with Attack + 3, Vantage and Luna and she is a delete button on offense. Whatever she can't kill dies to the vantage Luna on the next turn. I'm also not too big of a fan of Triangle Adept on her, because she can actually kill the green mages (sometimes Merric) without it.

Sadly, I never got a Minerva, so I'm not sure about her. Right now, I'm just running the 3* Michalis as my green unit (Want to get him to 40 before promoting) and he is doing pretty well. I could only imagine Minerva does much better.

AaronB

Got Azura in the Hero Fest banner. But, -spd (+atk). Does that seriously effect how good she is, or how she should be built? My main team is based around Nino (+spd, with Desperation), with Olivia (Fury, Swordbreaker).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Still unranked, but got 3690 this week with my 500 feathers for defense. Huzzah.

2nd week in a row with 500 defense feathers.

I have Ike, Vantage Hector, Ninian, and Reinhardt as my defensive team. To be honest, if I ran into that team in arena, I'd be a little salty.

Achtius

Still unranked, but got 3690 this week with my 500 feathers for defense. Huzzah.

2nd week in a row with 500 defense feathers.

I have Ike, Vantage Hector, Ninian, and Reinhardt as my defensive team. To be honest, if I ran into that team in arena, I'd be a little salty.

Are you using the bonus hero? You should get 4000+ np

ggx2ac

For Caeda, it depends on how much you want to invest in her. Either way, she ends up better with the Armor Slayer + for killing things. Ruby Sword+ just makes her a worse Palla. For her A skill, DeathBlow 3 or Attack + 3 are her better options. Fury 3 works, but the HP drain will cause her to rack up more losses too. B-slot is Vantage if you want her to kill things, since she'll launch Iceberg on the counter. For her C-skill, you'll need to figure it out based on who you have doing what. I've been looking at it for my team, and 2 goads are probably best, but Fortify comes in handy for more defensive flyers like Catria.

On Hinoka, I'm running a +attack - res one with Attack + 3, Vantage and Luna and she is a delete button on offense. Whatever she can't kill dies to the vantage Luna on the next turn. I'm also not too big of a fan of Triangle Adept on her, because she can actually kill the green mages (sometimes Merric) without it.

That's sort of the thing I have to weigh on. Triangle Adept is good if you want to take less damage from the opponents you have an advantage against. (Hence why I thought about Ruby Sword for Caeda as well.)

Vantage with Luna on Hinoka sounds pretty good since it's a good alternative to Seal Def, same for Caeda with her Iceberg​.

I wouldn't have to use Darting Blow on Caeda if I have her and Hinoka use Goad Fliers so all that leaves is probably boosting her with Attack +3 because getting Deathblow​ level 3 is always difficult to get.

ggx2ac

Nah just get Drag Back on Hinoka. Anything she doesn't kill moves it in range of your other units.

That's also a good point since I need to isolate enemies, this is why I have 250 units in stock to inherit skills otherwise they'd all become feathers.

Mupod

I wrote off this -atk +spd elidgan when I got him but with bonfire/quick riposte 2 he'd kill almost every melee unit in the game and survive - and even more with cavalry buffs. I have more Robins and Subakis than any other unit so I think of them as particularly disposable for inheritance. Hmm.

I'm really curious about the 'permadeath' mode but I don't want to invest too heavily before I know more...but just in case, I leveled every 5* to 40 during the double SP event. I have 19 5* level 40s and around 20 4* maxed out. I plan to promote a Tharja soon as well.

Based on observation, before the hero fest banner I had somewhat fewer 5* than most F2P even though I've spent probably too much money on this game. But 6 in a row seems to have gotten me back up to a reasonable number. I'm all about quality over quantity though, which is why I burned 20k feathers to make Linde even stronger.

Sushen

In my opinion, getting deathless 7 win streak should be tougher and only possible for top 100 or so players. People getting deathless 7 win streak easily is like having grand slam home run every game or score a hole in one every round that pushes the overall expectations to unreasonable level and scoring system uneven leaving very little room for scoring improvements.

In my opinion, getting deathless 7 win streak should be tougher and only possible for top 100 or so players. People getting deathless 7 win streak easily is like having grand slam home run every game or score a hole in one every round that pushes the overall expectations to unreasonable level and scoring system uneven leaving very little room for scoring improvements.

I'd be ok with that but the entire system would need to be reworked. As the current system works and how easy it can be to manipulate the AI, getting deathless 7 is far from equating a hole in one.

That's a bad analogy, a perfect run right now is more like making 7 consecutive free throws or something.

95% sure that if you can't pull, you get stuck. but if you kill the enemy, you do go back one space.

You will always go back one space if you have drag back, and can move into the space behind you. Basically, it works like Hit and Run if the enemy can't be dragged into your current space. On a flyer, they will always fall back one space if there is one. Its why people recommended it in the first place, since you can pop out of a mountain, attack and return to relative safety. I personally haven't invested into using it on my main flyer team yet. I find a lot of my arena matches wouldn't benefit much from it, since I'd always end up in range of something else. That is more my decision making skills than the strategy though.

macklelol

You will always go back one space if you have drag back, and can move into the space behind you. Basically, it works like Hit and Run if the enemy can't be dragged into your current space. On a flyer, they will always fall back one space if there is one. Its why people recommended it in the first place, since you can pop out of a mountain, attack and return to relative safety. I personally haven't invested into using it on my main flyer team yet. I find a lot of my arena matches wouldn't benefit much from it, since I'd always end up in range of something else. That is more my decision making skills than the strategy though.

You won't move back one space if you don't kill the enemy and the enemy can't be moved into your current space. Hit and Run is generally better for fliers, but Drag Back is far more accessible.

Roman

I already ended up adding Fortify because I only have one Gunther but two Jaegan and also want him to benefit from Hone which would mean someone else has to have it :T

I have Fortify on Xander and will put Hone on Camus. I would also recommend Swap over Reposition on full pony teams since you cannot put them on water/mountain/forest tiles unlike fliers. They also have enough movement range to not feel constricted with Swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom