• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

I'd be ok with that but the entire system would need to be reworked. As the current system works and how easy it can be to manipulate the AI, getting deathless 7 is far from equating a hole in one.
Yeah, it's too easy to OHKO if you have certain units. It should be tough to get the easy kills. So, it'll take both revising scoring system to provide smoother and wider score range and introduce more skills against op kills.
It should be expected that you would lose at least a unit to win a match and the penalty for it must be smaller.
Double scores just because you have a bonus character compresses the score range. It should be more like additional 100-200 instead.

macklelol

I seem to finally have a Flier team for arena due to not getting Ryoma from the Hero Fest, that banner really sucks because two a percent increase didn't make much of a difference for me, I got upto 6.25% for Focus before I ended up with a 5* that wasn't focus.

Although I'm not sure if it will be that good. I ended up with a lot of 4* Caeda units thanks to trying to get Ryoma and failing.

It will be difficult trying to get more Hinoka and Minerva units since they are only 5* and I didn't try getting more Hinoka units back at the voting banner.

I haven't figured out what's the best skills to give, I guess having Goad Fliers on Hinoka and Caeda is better than having Hone/Fortify Fliers while Minerva still has Ward Fliers if necessary, otherwise, Goad Fliers on her too.

I want to give Caeda Ruby Sword+ but Armourslayer+ has been pretty useful, still thinking about it. She doesn't do great damage and has low health, maybe I'll give her Seal Attack to at least not let enemies beat her easily. I don't know if I should replace her Darting Blow with Fury. (Which I would probably give her Desperation or Renewal then.)

Hinoka's​ Blazing Wind is a very good AoE move, but if it doesn't work well in arena, I could try something that triggers quicker like Moonbow or Luna. Especially if I go with Goad Fliers because Blazing Wind doesn't benefit from combat buffs.

And then the other part is thinking about their mobility, I lack a ranged attacker so I need good support skills or whether I should use Wings of Mercy/Escape Route.

Reposition is really good on fliers, don't have to worry about terrain.

I would suggest using Palla over Caeda if you want to use a red flier. Caeda is simply lacking in power and you can always just give someone else Fortify. Palla works pretty well and she has a pretty solid stat spread with Fury.

For Minerva, Ward is good. Not really much else to say since I run also use Fury Minerva.

For Hinoka, I do think there's two routes you can go here. Either an all-out offensive beast or a super anti-red unit. For the first one, Death Blow 3 + Drag Back/Hit and Run + Luna and just try destroy everything with your initial engagement. The second one is something you should consider if you're having problems dealing with red units, using something like Triangle Adept + Drag Back/Hit and Run or QR (maybe). This second set is pretty situational, though
and is what I run on my Cordelia

For buffs, most combinations of buffs are fine. If you do switch Caeda with Palla, you have Goad + Ward + Hone, which is a nice set up. Melee fliers have more freedom when it comes to buff options, so if you have a bunch of spare Pallas to give Goad, try out different combinations.

And yes, Reposition is very good on fliers (Draw Back is also good).

jwhit28

Finally got Ike, not sure what a good team to build around him is. I have Kagero and want to keep her on. Going down the tier list that takes into account inheritance, for blue I got Effie, Nowi, and Reindhardt, for green Minerva, Cherche, and Carrot Chrom. Only dancer is Olivia.

Sugesstions?

I would suggest using Palla over Caeda if you want to use a red flier. Caeda is simply lacking in power and you can always just give someone else Fortify. Palla works pretty well and she has a pretty solid stat spread with Fury.

For Minerva, Ward is good. Not really much else to say since I run also use Fury Minerva.

For Hinoka, I do think there's two routes you can go here. Either an all-out offensive beast or a super anti-red unit. For the first one, Death Blow 3 + Drag Back/Hit and Run + Luna and just try destroy everything with your initial engagement. The second one is something you should consider if you're having problems dealing with red units, using something like Triangle Adept + Drag Back/Hit and Run or QR (maybe). This second set is pretty situational, though
and is what I run on my Cordelia

For buffs, most combinations of buffs are fine. If you do switch Caeda with Palla, you have Goad + Ward + Hone, which is a nice set up. Melee fliers have more freedom when it comes to buff options, so if you have a bunch of spare Pallas to give Goad, try out different combinations.

And yes, Reposition is very good on fliers (Draw Back is also good).

Caeda isn't as bad as people make her out to be. She isn't the best, but Palla honestly isn't much better if you are willing to invest in skill inheritance. I was messing with the dual sim earlier for this exact question, and it was a difference of 3 kills, none of them particularly important. Default, she is a pain to level up, but with goad she passes 40 attack, so she's fine.

Syntsui

I hope we can get more feathers with defensive wins in the revamped arena, I have 5 wins already since I finished my A-team yesterday and it pains me that this number means nothing.

Scum

I feel very betrayed right now

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

Jayhawk

Anybody try setting up their Falchion-wielders as a healer? I'm thinking of setting up my Lucina as a healer, since I already have Ryoma and Ike as offensive sword units.

lt519

Decided to purchase $20 in orbs, landed an Azura on the first pull :)

Was mostly interested in finding inheritance fodder for some 5* units I've been working on and figured now was a good time with the bonus % on the banner.

Not sure if gonna keep pulling or save the rest now haha.

Boo -SPD/+RES. Ooh well, still can find some uses for her!

ggx2ac

Thanks for the tips guys.

Now I have to decide between using my next 20k feathers to upgrade Caeda since I have five 4* spares of her or to keep upgrading my main arena team which has at least two characters that can get to level 50 with just feathers.

The other thing as well is if I should keep my Caeda at Def Up/HP Down, it provides a nice balance seeing as she has to attack melee.

I guess I'll keep my Hinoka at Atk Up/Speed down, I don't think it's necessary to need her to attack four times with the attack power she can get.

I would change my Minerva from Speed Up/Defense Down to Speed Up/Res Down if I could. She's a crazy tank when she gets buffed with Fortify Fliers so her having more defense is great.

Nightbird

I spent 13 Bucks on the Heroes Banner, got nothing good, then another 20 Bucks a few days ago, still crap, then I decided to tried one last time with today's free orbs, and that happend:

Dafuq IS?

Edit:

+Atk -Res btw

Westlo

Had 5 orbs, went for yolo pull for Linde, got Linde.

-hp and + def though

Thankfully I can ignore the mage contest banners now

Well, I managed to get a perfect streak after not really trying the last two seasons.

I'm back to 4726, which is respectable. I'm pretty fine staying between rank 10K and 30K. I'm fighting reasonable teams, and Draw Back is keeping me safe.

I made a really bad decision on this banner two days ago, so I'm just letting my resources accumulate. I summoned a +RES/-ATK Azura, which is totally useable. But I got greedy and tried for a better one. I did get another one, but it took a lot of stones and I ended up with an awful -SPD bane. That stinks.

I summoned my first Jagen at least! I know it's hard for you all to believe I've gone so long without seeing him. This game's RNG is just insane.

I won't be summoning for months. This gauntlet will suck without having a Tharja, but I'm in this for the long haul. When I do summon again, I hope for units like Nino (with +SPD boon), Kagero, and Klein.

_Legacy_

My Julia is getting murdered by Linde in the arena, really started to regret giving her Life and Death. I might SP farm and give her Fury instead.

xequalsy

Shame I don't have a Pivot for Hector (though Swap is doing ok), but adding movement abilities definitely helped out not getting wrecked in arena. Hit 4756, but probably could have hit 4800+ if I didn't lose two people on the second fight.

The only issue with adding those movement abilities is now I'm matched for 692 per match and most of those seems to be +4/+5 merges. Thankfully most of them were fine, though there was a close call one time when their Hector had Aether of all things!! (Thankfully Ike could tank his Vantage+Aether hit and ORKO him back).

Looking forward to seeing what the new arena brings though.

c-murph

Cain is the only one who learns wom 3 at 4* and he's a red 4 and 5 so he's not really that easy to get.

Yeah, I had to spend 20,000 feathers to upgrade one of my overwhelming number of Fredricks for Olivia. Another 20,000 soon for her Ruby Sword+ from Stalh. Then I have three star Palla and Hinata cooking for Moonbows and Fury 3.

Juni_

You could have upgraded one of the pallas to give her ruby sword+ and wom 3, that's what I'm gonna do.
Ruby sword from stahl, wom 2 and new moon from fred and moonbow, ruby sword+ and wom 3 from palla.

microfolk

I pulled a + SPD / - ATK Hector 😭
What can I do with him to minimize the terrible nature? I'm not going to pass distant counter around I love the Disaster of Ostia too much.

Mupod

Jesus, 4810 isn't going to be enough to keep you in the top 5000 for much longer. I think it'll hold for today but I've almost fallen to 4000 now. I guess I would have to merge that Hector, but it's not like I'll be able to run a full 5* team every week anyways. Thankfully, this season ends early.

Either way - no decisions to be made yet, I need Hector 2 for the armor quest and there's an arena revamp soon.

And the SP boost is gone? Even longer grind now, lol

I didn't realize it ended a day before the hero fest banner. Dammit, I still have SP to farm for Ryoma. And even more once I finally have another Fury for him. I used tons of stamina potions and didn't waste much stamina while it was up, at least. I leveled all my existing 5* characters to 40 as well.

My last 20 orbs got me a 4* Palla and Selena to give Ryoma, which saved me some feathers. And a spare Jagen, which will be useful if I set up a real cavalry team. I only had one. Not disappointed at all in what I got out of this banner, even if I can't run +5 teams or whatever the hell the 4000 people ranked higher than me are doing.

ggx2ac

Jesus, 4810 isn't going to be enough to keep you in the top 5000 for much longer. I think it'll hold for today but I've almost fallen to 4000 now.

I have 4876 points and ranked at ~1150.

~4830 is the average score people are getting, this makes it hard for me to change to my flier team since I would risk dropping rank so easily by getting 30 points less.

Hero merit isn't good enough for me to farm feathers so I can upgrade other characters to 5* while doing arena.

Bovine

Neo Member
I'm saving my orbs for the mage banner, I'm severely lacking in good mages (just Olwen, with 4 star Reinhardt if I wanted to). All I wanted from Hero Fest was Hector, and I got him.

Totally wiped on the Hero fest banner. Around 50-60 orbs (give or take), and I only have 5* Hawkeye (yet another not-really-needed 5* green) to show for it. Oh well. F2P players can't have it all. And Tekken Card Tournament getting shut down recently reinforced my desire to stay F2P on things like this, sorry IS.

Put $80 in. No Hector like I wanted, but got two Ryomas (one is +atk -res fortunately) and a Lyn. Also picked up a +Atk -Spd Cherche which is nice. Going to need 60,000 feathers to complete her build though.

redcrayon

Does anyone know why some characters, on the castle screen, have tiny little gold sparks rising from them? Is it just to signify them as a 5* unit?

Mupod

Really curious about the 'permadeath' event, they've revealed very little about it that I've seen (other than that you don't lose the units for real). I'm assuming it'll be added after the maintenance.

If it's actually hard I've been thinking of what I'd bring to bear in case of a team wipe. I've been pretty diligent about leveling all of my characters and I have around 40 max level characters in total.

A team is Ryoma, Linde, Azura, Hector.
B: Ike, Nino, 4* Olivia, Sharena
C: Lucina, Backup Hector, Robin, 3* Olivia

From there my 5* roster could barely put together another team of Merric, Hawkeye, Takumi and one of my -atk red swords. Eldigan probably the strongest out of those, Lyn's 40 atk kinda kills her. But I have 20 4* to work with as well and another 20k feathers in reserve.

With arena becoming the land of merged cavalry teams I'd definitely like a less stressful but still challenging endgame activity. Or at least something where I can look at the enemy team without thinking about how someone spent thousands of dollars to anonymously troll me.

Does anyone know why some characters, on the castle screen, have tiny little gold sparks rising from them? Is it just to signify them as a 5* unit?

yeah, that's all it is.

mjc

How do I determine the - or + my characters have? I know there's calculators online but I'm not sure exactly how to input them. Example: I got a Hector I have up to lvl 38, but I think it'll be hard to determine his placement until lvl 40 now right?

Also, is it worth it to use feathers to upgrade a 4* Xander to 5*? I have like 50k feathers laying around.

Time to confess

I spent almost 100 euros on this banner only to got Azura as a 5stars, nothing else

I feel dirty, money is not an issue but I still feel it's a waste, I could've bought a lot of things besides that, even if I got great units, I would still feel bad for spend my money on this. I also feel bad on spending money on something I'm not fond of (gacha)

I hope it will be the last time I spend money on this

How do I determine the - or + my characters have? I know there's calculators online but I'm not sure exactly how to input them. Example: I got a Hector I have up to lvl 38, but I think it'll be hard to determine his placement until lvl 40 now right?

Also, is it worth it to use feathers to upgrade a 4* Xander to 5*? I have like 50k feathers laying around.

Just go on the character wiki page, and see their base stats on, left value of a stat is the worse one, middle is the neutral stat, and right one is the best. Also atk does not take in account the weapon the unit have.

If you have no other great sword units such as Ike, Ryoma or Lucina, yeah, spend it.

lt519

Really curious about the 'permadeath' event, they've revealed very little about it that I've seen (other than that you don't lose the units for real). I'm assuming it'll be added after the maintenance.

If it's actually hard I've been thinking of what I'd bring to bear in case of a team wipe. I've been pretty diligent about leveling all of my characters and I have around 40 max level characters in total.

A team is Ryoma, Linde, Azura, Hector.
B: Ike, Nino, 4* Olivia, Sharena
C: Lucina, Backup Hector, Robin, 3* Olivia

From there my 5* roster could barely put together another team of Merric, Hawkeye, Takumi and one of my -atk red swords. Eldigan probably the strongest out of those, Lyn's 40 atk kinda kills her. But I have 20 4* to work with as well and another 20k feathers in reserve.

With arena becoming the land of merged cavalry teams I'd definitely like a less stressful but still challenging endgame activity. Or at least something where I can look at the enemy team without thinking about how someone spent thousands of dollars to anonymously troll me..

Yeah I've been planning out my permadeath teams as well, I don't want to stack one too heavily so I'm spreading it out a bit. I want to make sure I have one absolute bomber on my 3 teams, so I spread out Nino, Linde, and Reinhardt.

A: Nino, Robin, Jaffar, Olivia (I kind of want to go Lachesis here instead of Jaffar for healing if they do spawning enemies)
B: Roy+1, Azura, Linde, Fae (Again might go Maria here instead of Fae depending on the mechanics)
C: Reinhardt, Eirika, Nowi, Kagero (maybe 4* Michalis+1)
D: Hinoka+2, 3* Olivia, and left over 5*s (healer + fae, or healer + jaffar)

Then around 20+ bunch of 4* level 40 character to spare including a pony emblem team. An arena match with our A teams would be fun to watch play out.

Edit: Also just pulled a 4* Klein, do I keep him or put Death Blow 3 on Nino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom