• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Final pulls on god banner. Wanted Azura. Got Olwen. Ran low on orbs and gave up sniping. This was my result.

2GbymxA.png

I'll take it I guess.

What's better, +HP -Spd or +HP -Res?

Ahnez

Final pulls on god banner. Wanted Azura. Got Olwen. Ran low on orbs and gave up sniping. This was my result.

I'll take it I guess.

+HP -SPD

Hector doesn't need spd, and a little extra res might save him from being one-shot by mages

kewlmyc

I'll take it I guess.

+HP -Spd is better. Tanks aren't meant to have high speed anyway, and not having negative Res means that Hector might get lucky and survive a mage/dragon attack.

Mupod

You know even though it's considered his best bane, I'd be a bit wary of going -spd on Hector just because an uncomfortable number of Reinhardts tend to survive his first hit with 2-3 hp. A cavalry buffed one that's +5 or so would double a -spd hector and it's game over. Sounds like a rare situation but that's seriously like 1/3 of my arena matches.

Yeah I've been planning out my permadeath teams as well, I don't want to stack one too heavily so I'm spreading it out a bit. I want to make sure I have one absolute bomber on my 3 teams, so I spread out Nino, Linde, and Reinhardt.

A: Nino, Robin, Jaffar, Olivia (I kind of want to go Lachesis here instead of Jaffar for healing if they do spawning enemies)
B: Roy+1, Azura, Linde, Fae (Again might go Maria here instead of Fae depending on the mechanics)
C: Reinhardt, Eirika, Nowi, Kagero (maybe 4* Michalis+1)
D: Hinoka+2, 3* Olivia, and left over 5*s (healer + fae, or healer + jaffar)

Then around 20+ bunch of 4* level 40 character to spare including a pony emblem team. An arena match with our A teams would be fun to watch play out.

Edit: Also just pulled a 4* Klein, do I keep him or put Death Blow 3 on Nino?

I would give Nino something speed-related. I went Darting Blow/Desperation on mine since she's +atk and I'm out of Fury anyways.

I guess if you already have Reinhardt set up with it, you could hang on to that Klein in case you want to make an uber Setsuna one day. That's what I'd do at least.

Jims

Wanted Azura or Hector, ended up getting Ryoma instead. Glad to at least score something from the Hero Fest banner, even if he is unfortunately +HP/-SPD. Will probably slap Quick Reposte or whatever on him and hopefully he can counter a bit with all that HP. Putting the HP seal on him would boost him to 47 HP, which could be kind of useful.

Ready for this Arena season to be over so I can get those feathers and join the Reinhardt crew. The 4* version of him is soooooo baaaaaaaad.

I pulled a + SPD / - ATK Hector 😭
What can I do with him to minimize the terrible nature? I'm not going to pass distant counter around I love the Disaster of Ostia too much.

Well, it's only half bad. Heavy hitting Heroes hate -ATK, but +SPD is almost always the best boon.

I see a lot of posts saying that Hector doesn't need speed, and some don't even mind -SPD. I strongly disagree with that, because SPD has the greatest effect on a Hero's matchups by far.

-SPD makes Hector much less defensive, which hurts his role as a tank. It's the Wary Fighter Heroes like Effie and Zephiel who usually don't need speed.

While I can't remove the sting of rolling -ATK, +SPD comes the closest to making up for that.

yami4ct

Pulled an Azura on a last go of the hero banner.

Debating on whether she really fits on my team. Current plan is to run Minerva/Ephraim/Lucina/Kagero. I suppose she'd slot in to Ephraim's slot, but he's really good and I'd probably miss the good bulk he has. Both are fairly neutral natured (Azura is +Def/-Res. I forget Ephraim but it isn't harmful or beneficial). Is sing and the extra Res worth losing Ephraim's bulk?

lt519

I would give Nino something speed-related. I went Darting Blow/Desperation on mine since she's +atk and I'm out of Fury anyways.

I guess if you already have Reinhardt set up with it, you could hang on to that Klein in case you want to make an uber Setsuna one day. That's what I'd do at least.

I've got Life and Death on my Reinhardt in lieu of having Fury or a Death Blow available to put on him. I could always put Death Blow on him now. My Linde also has her stock +3 SPD in the A skill and same with Nino with the stock +3 RES. Just haven't had good luck with getting characters with good A skills for fodder.

Any update predictions? I think they may add the defense and reinforcement map-types to Training Tower. Maybe. I hope.

They mentioned ahead of time it was to revamp arena but they did also promise a "permadeath" mode and those special terrain maps as well in that small stream they did.

Shito

Time to confess

I spent almost 100 euros on this banner only to got Azura as a 5stars, nothing else

I feel dirty, money is not an issue but I still feel it's a waste, I could've bought a lot of things besides that, even if I got great units, I would still feel bad for spend my money on this. I also feel bad on spending money on something I'm not fond of (gacha)

I hope it will be the last time I spend money on this
A bit late on the answer but I can relate: spent some money yesterday on that banner trying to pull a Hector, and only got crap for it. First time ever I spent money in a gacha as well; I tell myself I just paid all the hours spent on the game so I'm not too salty about that.
But it really didn't give me any incentive to spend some more money in the future, i had wayyy more luck with my free pulls before that. ^^

Mrmask

Is there some sort of website or guide to which skills should be inherited by which characters? I feel confident with giving Takumi Vantage 3, but I have no idea if Hector, Ryoma or Azura should be given anything and if so, what should it be?

Roman

Is there some sort of website or guide to which skills should be inherited by which characters? I feel confident with giving Takumi Vantage 3, but I have no idea if Hector, Ryoma or Azura should be given anything and if so, what should it be?

There are suggested builds on community sites like the Gamepedia FEH wiki and Gamepress, but not for every unit.

In addition we have a Discord server linked in the OP of this thread where we help out with any questions regarding team building among many other things.

Permadeath mode must be a type of training tower where you won't be able to use the character again if it dies.

IIRC the only thing we know for certain is it is an invasion lead by Veronica and there are 7(?) stages and Masked Marth is in there somewhere.

Also there's a ranking with feather rewards.

I just hope they never put in a quick riposte rank 1 seal. That'd be real goddamn annoying.

As the only person who still runs a healer, this is the dream for me right here. I could keep QR1 up indefinitely~. Need to figure out what B-slot I'd like to go with it though. Guess I could go with a -breaker...

*Starts praying*

Juni_

I could see seals being other a skills. Maybe fury 1, and death/darting/warding/armored blow 1.

eh maybe not fury but i can see death blow and others.

I could also see spd +2, atk +2 and hp +4 as well.

MANUELF

Banned
Why does Elise has a higher attack stat than Beruka? ;_;
If not for the Healer attack debuff Elise would be a monstrosity

Sushen

Does anyone understand the table that explains the rewards for the arena? I don't get what the percentage means and what those items are.

spiritfox

Does anyone understand the table that explains the rewards for the arena? I don't get what the percentage means and what those items are.

It's how you'll move in tiers. If you're in the top 10% you'll move 3 tiers, 30% 2 tiers etc. Looks like the only way to drop tiers is if you don't play that week at all.

Edit: ooh Narcian datamined. I need more Lancebreakers.

The columns are the number of tiers that people will go up or down after the season ends. The percentages I assume is the % of people moving up that amount. The neutral column confuses me, but I assume the down 1 column being 100% means that there will always be people getting tiered down if they don't perform as well?

Edit:
seems to imply that if you don't place in the top x percentile you fall a tier starting from tier 8 (i.e. if you're bottom 20% in tier 8-11)

Ah, that's clearer.

ggx2ac

lol bonus heroes now affect your defense score.

Also ranking system and orbs.

Also we getting a boat map!

Finally!

I kept complaining how hard it is to win Arena when I have to carry around a bonus hero but the defense team doesn't need one.

Now things will get slightly easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom