• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoit

Finally!

I kept complaining how hard it is to win Arena when I have to carry around a bonus hero but the defense team doesn't need one.

Now things will get slightly easier.

But will defenses past the first actually matter for anything?

So Tharja vs Robin grand finals it looks like. Guess Team Robin is the best option for feathers if the only difference this time is the score multiplier.

Had 5 orbs and pulled. Got the Julia I wanted instantly.

She's +HP/-Spd which isn't great but anyone that can get close enough will murder her anyway and she can still demolish Linde and Reinhardt. Happy I didn't spend money on this banner lol

Theosmeo

Julia seems to be up against snacky round one so supporting her is worth it, I do have a 5*tharja though so I'm ready to betray the cause lol. Just hope mRobin doesn't win and I'll be gold

is there any reason for them to give us arena swords today? lol

Should I pull for Snacky

Snacky with Sword breaker is a consistent mvp for me. My favorite red and I have a lot.

threw 105 orbs into the female mage banner. got only linde -atk +res.... how i hate those boon/banes

Yeesh

I was gonna maybe get 20 orbs at the end of the banner but even if I'm fortunate enough to get Linde some shit like that might happen. Even with the great odds on the Hero Fest banner bet I couldn't get a good IV set between Ryomas.

This system is garbage.

Muramasa

it's not a -speed so it's just annoying, speed is where giants truly fall
yeah it is still awful. It is simply a monetary decision for IS. small stat differences like +1 -1 would have been enough.

My second (account) problem.. I am sitting at 9% 5* rate at the ike banner and even if i dont want anymore, i have still this hidden urge to.

Had some google play money so I got a few orbs to try for Linde. Somehow pulled Julia again on the first green I touched. -Atk/+Res lmao

Game both loves and hates me.

elty

Got a +ATK - SPD Linde :( A massive upset.

I supposed I can make her work by giving her Darting blow, but that's 6 SPD missing from a SPD bane.

~100 orbs and no 5* female Mages. Sigh and this was the banner that was practically made for me >___<

It wasn't a complete waste though since I got Lukas and a +Atk Cherche. Oh well, being a F2P player, I need to keep trucking along.

Anyway, I feel bad, but I guess I should go support Tharja after Linde loses.

Mupod

Bonus heroes on defense sounds nice as some way to mitigate the raw bullshit going around, but from their wording it won't affect the point value of the team. I personally am too lazy to think past my first defense win so I wouldn't bother swapping someone in once I have it, but who knows what everyone else does. Hell, as it is I see people running bonus characters on defense all the time either because they only have one team or because they don't know otherwise.

Cautiously optimistic about the new ranking system. Since I first started playing I thought their ranking system was flawed simply because there are so many people playing and it seemed like they didn't expect it to be so popular. Percentage based makes a lot more sense. Also, I'm on the verge of dropping out of the top 5000 each week with my max score of 4810. So it could have happened at just the right time.

Also, I started playing 1 week in, so being 1 tier lower than everyone else was annoying even though the title did nothing. I wonder if it will use our current tier as the basis of the ranking or if they will do something else.

i was hoping for some new quests. maybe when the gauntlet starts?

I read through some of the datamining and they definitely added some that will presumably show up soon. As well as new 'starter support' type maps.

They still owe us a bunch of orbs and feathers for that weird ass fortune telling thing they were running, as well.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Bit the bullet. Promoted Shield Lady and dropped 20k feathers...

Now Reinhardt knows Deathblow 3. Prepare to be sad, world.

Zafir

Bonus heroes on defense sounds nice as some way to mitigate the raw bullshit going around, but from their wording it won't affect the point value of the team. I personally am too lazy to think past my first defense win so I wouldn't bother swapping someone in once I have it, but who knows what everyone else does. Hell, as it is I see people running bonus characters on defense all the time either because they only have one team or because they don't know otherwise.

Considering there's only 5 teams slots, I wouldn't be surprised if people use that slot for something else after they've gotten a defence win and done the arena for the week. Such as their attack team.

I don't personally think 5 is enough between levelling teams, flying teams, cavalry teams and infantry teams.

Golnei

Speaking of Reinhardt, would he get more use out of Luna or Moonbow? I'm guessing Ignis or Bonfire are off the table if he has neutral DEF?

StAidan

Summoned on female mages in the hope of getting another Tharja to merge into my current one, managed to pull 2 of them with 20 orbs. 40+3 now.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hero Merit. You can gain up to 2000 on a hero, and they pay out 500 feathers for each 500 points you accrue. The catch is it's not specific to that individual, for example if you play with 4 Olivias you'll gain 4 times as many hero merit towards Olivia, but it'll still cap out at 2000.

It's a long grind but over time it'll result in a decent amount of feathers. And it's a good way to bang out the last 500 if you're close to 20k in a week.

Thanks.

--

On another topic, is there a way to calculate the nature of a five star hero when its past level 20? I have seen a few IV calculators but I'm not sure if there's a way to calculate it when they are leveled up.

Mupod

If we get some extra orbs I'll probably try for a second Linde. I was going to promote a Tharja anyways (found a +spd -hp one) but I won't say no to her or Sanaki. My red roster is strong but lacks magic damage. All 4 of the female mage banner characters are good, really. Which of course means I'll get grey orbs full of Wrys for days.

I have definitely noticed that I get jack shit when I snipe one colour and suddenly have amazing luck when I do 5 pulls. I should just stop thinking about it.

Speaking of Reinhardt, would he get more use out of Luna or Moonbow? I'm guessing Ignis or Bonfire are off the table if he has neutral DEF?

Moonbow will do nothing for him that Luna wouldn't do better, as his attacks come in twos unless he's defending. Which his slow ass is very much not meant to do, despite innate Vantage.

Golnei

On another topic, is there a way to calculate the nature of a five star hero when its past level 20? I have seen a few IV calculators but I'm not sure if there's a way to calculate it when they are leveled up.

I don't think so, as the path taken between 1 and 40 appears to be semi-random. You'll need to level them up fully before you can check.

Moonbow will do nothing for him that Luna wouldn't do better, as his attacks come in twos unless he's defending. Which his slow ass is very much not meant to do, despite innate Vantage.

I guess that probably is the better choice - any scenario that would drive Moonbow to trigger over a greater total number of rounds would be an outlier.

Shito

I have definitely noticed that I get jack shit when I snipe one colour and suddenly have amazing luck when I do 5 pulls. I should just stop thinking about it.
Yeah, only spent money one time to snipe for Hector and I only got crap (and LOTS of pulls with not even a green orb): never doing that again ever.

kswiston

I don't think so, as the path taken between 1 and 40 appears to be semi-random. You'll need to level them up fully before you can check.

I guess that probably is the better choice - any scenario that would drive Moonbow to trigger over a greater total number of rounds would be an outlier.

You can usually puzzle it out by the time you get them into the mid 30s.

Muramasa

so i have 28 orbs and a 9% 5* chance at the moment. That should guarantee at least 5 pulls at worst case. So its a 0,91*5=4,55 chance of gettin no 5*. So with 54,5% chance of a 5*.. should i risk it? or is my math wrong?

edit: math is wrong should be 0,91*0,91*0,91*0,91*0,91=0,624 for no 5*, which is pretty high

~100 orbs and no 5* female Mages. Sigh and this was the banner that was practically made for me >___<

It wasn't a complete waste though since I got Lukas and a +Atk Cherche. Oh well, being a F2P player, I need to keep trucking along.

Anyway, I feel bad, but I guess I should go support Tharja after Linde loses.

You sure about that? What if the next banner has Sakura in a wedding dress? :eek: I mean, she's the only Fates royal to not get featured in a banner yet...

Dragoshi1

Saved up 20 orbs for the Female Mage focus, hoping for Tharja.

NOPE, just a bunch of male characters, more 5 stars I'll never use, and 4 stars I'll feed into the 4 star variants.

And still no Tharja. UGH.

ggx2ac

But will defenses past the first actually matter for anything?

I don't know if they made any changes for that, it would be nice.

I am just talking about how difficult it can be winning an arena match because enemy Defense teams didn't require bonus heroes before.

The worst arena seasons I had was when I took Spring Chrom with me for the bonus hero which he was very unnecessary because I already had an axe user so he was literally being carried around just so I could get the bonus score in arena.

Sushen

Trying to level up Xander and I found his pretty squishy above level 30. Practically any mage can orko him. I'm questioning his viability in the arena.

ccbfan

Pulled a

-HP +ATK Hector.

Is this any good? Getting mixed message. Some say + ATK is always good while others say with Hector, you want high defensive stats and -HP is a huge lost.

Also what are some good inherits for

Asuka (+Atk, -HP )
Hector (-HP +ATK )
Ryoma (+Def, -HP )

(Spent 150 Orbs to get all three)

Also pulled a +SPD, -HP 3* Nino. Worth upgrading even with a Julia?

Roman

Trying to level up Xander and I found his pretty squishy above level 30. Practically any mage can orko him. I'm questioning his viability in the arena.

Honestly Ike doesn't fare much better, and Xander can at least become a real powerhouse with Cavalry buffs. I also use him with Vantage to mitigate exactly this problem.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That's a good Hector. -HP is easily overcome by putting the HP seal on him.

I just pulled on the mage banner a few times, and got nothing. Not surprised, but still disappointing because I could really use any of those mages. Just a bunch of dupes of units I already have plenty of.

Hopefully I can scrape together a few more orbs to pull again before the banner is over.

Lelou

I was hoping to enjoy already a new chapter or the new arena system but it seems we still need to wait sadly..

Anyway it's soo hard to wait until celica new banner, that i suppose it will be up on the end of Ike ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom