• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Pulled a

-HP +ATK Hector.

Is this any good? Getting mixed message. Some say + ATK is always good while others say with Hector, you want high defensive stats and -HP is a huge lost.

Also what are some good inherits for

Asuka (+Atk, -HP )
Hector (-HP +ATK )
Ryoma (+Def, -HP )

(Spent 150 Orbs to get all three)

Also pulled a +SPD, -HP 3* Nino. Worth upgrading even with a Julia?

Hector doesn't really like any bane too much, even Spd. HP is relatively fine.

Azura wants Wings of Mercy. After that you could invest in Moonbow, Darting Blow/Fury and finally a better C slot buffing skill.

Hector wants Vantage. It synergizes really well with Armads. Beyond that you could give him Moonbow/Bonfire and Swap/Reposition.

Ryoma's most recommended build is Vantage, Fury and Moonbow.

And yes that Nino is absolutely worth investing in, even having Julia. They serve entirely different roles.

You too are welcome to ask any further questions in the Discord server linked in the OP of this thread.

Bovine

Neo Member
Sunk my 45 orbs on the female mage banner.

Pulled myself a 5 star Klein (+Atk -Res so I now finally have a decent bowman. I also pulled a Linde (+Def -Res which is practically neutral) who is what I was after in the first place. Feeling pretty good right now!

Trying to level up Xander and I found his pretty squishy above level 30. Practically any mage can orko him. I'm questioning his viability in the arena.

Eh, given we're in the -blade meta where almost no one can survive without Triangle Adept, I don't feel his low Res is really a mark against him. It bears repeating that neutral Spring Camilla w/ Gronnblade+, Deathblow 3, and all flier buffs has an Atk of 84, effective 68 Atk on any red.

The following reds can naturally tank that without any additional skills:

Caeda
Eirika
Eliwood
Fir
Roy
Seliph
Zephiel
Tiki
Henry
Leo
Sophia

If Spring Camilla were +Atk (87 Atk, 70 Eff. Atk vs. reds), the list gets reduced to Fir, Roy, and Zephiel. Not one of them can normally counter at range and will be seriously hurt fighting a mere green.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Trying to level up Xander and I found his pretty squishy above level 30. Practically any mage can orko him. I'm questioning his viability in the arena.

I don't understand these comments. It's like saying "mages are squishy. Any melee can do them in." Yeah, every unit has a counter. For Xander, it's mages. Otherwise, he'd just murder everything. I'm not sure what you expected... Anyway, you have to either (i) avoid mages (easy to do in arena); (ii) set up your xander so he can tank a hit and kill on the counter (also easy to do with buffs), or (iii) get them before they get you, which is easier because of his mobility.

elty

Is a -SPD +ATK Linde even worth using? It is probably the best -SPD variant but still..... I already have a more or less neutral Reindhart.

elty

I just pull an adult Tiki, so I am wondering if I should try the following nuilt with my + SPD - DEF Y Tiki: Lightening Breath+, Life and Death 3, Vantage, Threaten ATK,

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I just pull an adult Tiki, so I am wondering if I should try the following nuilt with my + SPD - DEF Y Tiki: Lightening Breath+, Life and Death 3, Vantage, Threaten ATK,
I don't think Life and Death makes sense for a tanky character like YTiki. Part of the reason why she's good is because she's durable, and putting L&D will make her easier to ORKO from full health, which would get past Vantage. L&D also contradicts the distant counter from Lightning Breath because L&D works best if you're not taking hits.

Pejo

Finished up a bunch of quests yesterday since the SP bonus is gone, and got a handful of orbs, finally got an Ike.

-ATK +SPD

wzwbb_s-200x150.gif

Don't care, I at least got one, and still have 14 orbs left. I kinda always wanted a Linde, but I have a +ATK -SPD Tinyhands Reinhardt, so I'm not even going to bother.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm in orb hoard mode until either adult Ike or swimsuits banner. Man I could use a few more units with Deathblow to transfer to characters though. Hurts me that I sent home so many Effie's back in the days when I was pulling for Ninian.

commish

Had enough for 5 rolls on mage banner.

Sanaki - 5 star
Julia - 5 star
Selena trash
Linde - 5 star
Raigh trash

Gonna go play the lottery now.

You sure about that? What if the next banner has Sakura in a wedding dress? :eek: I mean, she's the only Fates royal to not get featured in a banner yet...

Don't give me ideas *___*

Alas, this is the first time I've been orb bankrupt since the first month of the game. Gonna be a struggle building up my orbs again.

On the plus side, at least I like the game enough to keep trucking on. Guess I'll have my revenge of not getting Linde and Julia by spamming the heck out of Lukas and Cherche.

Akuun

I can assure you that every banner is bait for the next banner even with a second or third account.

some of you people have just incredible luck
Seriously. There's so much talk about people getting the units they want, or multiples of those units.

Meanwhile every pull I do has like 3-4 grey orbs, and the remaining orbs are always useless or redundant 3-4* characters.

putermcgee

Is it just me that it feels like the server is very laggy and takes a while to respond today?

The servers will be shutdown soon for a moment so that must be why
The game still spins its wheels between many menus, post maintenance. I hope it's temporary because I've already left the game to play something else a few times, making it less likely that I'll devote so much time to it.

Sushen

I put together another war chest to pull lady mages against my best judgment. But, I'm too scared to pull as I can see not only it'll be tough to pull what I want likely it'll be atk or speed bane which is even worse.

Akuun

The really sad thing is that the lady mage banner is perfect for me. I'm really lacking a strong offensive mage of ANY color, and all the mages on that banner are good.

But nope, all Jagens and Shannas and so on, and those are the useful SI fodder ones. I have seven fucking Shannas at this point, but no one worth putting Desperation on.

lt519

Had enough for 5 rolls on mage banner.

Sanaki - 5 star
Julia - 5 star
Selena trash
Linde - 5 star
Raigh trash

Gonna go play the lottery now.

Woah, I've never had two 5*s in a single pull, let alone 3. I know you are already there, but that's a 20 orb pull that could place you in the top 15k in the arena with just about any other 5* sword user to deal with the occasional Hector.

Sushen

I don't understand these comments. It's like saying "mages are squishy. Any melee can do them in." Yeah, every unit has a counter. For Xander, it's mages. Otherwise, he'd just murder everything. I'm not sure what you expected... Anyway, you have to either (i) avoid mages (easy to do in arena); (ii) set up your xander so he can tank a hit and kill on the counter (also easy to do with buffs), or (iii) get them before they get you, which is easier because of his mobility.
Sure, there should be counters but if all mages are counters, that's a different matter. I don't know about Xander murdering everything. Maybe you've got a different Xander.

Skii

My luck is just insane. I pulled Ike, Hector, Ryoma, Azura last week and now I pull Sanaki and Linde. To think my main team used to be Takumi, Lyn, Raven and Lachesis lmao.

All F2P as well.

Muramasa

decided to make my final pull on the ike banner. and i got this...
it is my girl Lucina. I would be okay with it, if it wouldn't be -atk +def...
so which Lucina to keep. -atk +def or -spd +atk ?

both are pretty awful boon/banes

Sure, there should be counters but if all mages are counters, that's a different matter. I don't know about Xander murdering everything. Maybe you've got a different Xander.

Under default circumstances the only mages he loses to at full health is blues + Raigh and FRobin because of Wolf tomes.

Under ideal conditions he would be full of horse buffs making the situation even better for him

Syntsui

decided to make my final pull on the ike banner. and i got this...

it is my girl Lucina. I would be okay with it, if it wouldn't be -atk +def...
so which Lucina to keep. -atk +def or -spd +atk ?

both are pretty awful boon/banes

-ATK +DEF

Let's hope you pull a better one in the future so you can fuse them to her >.>

PK Gaming

Had 5 orbs and pulled. Got the Julia I wanted instantly.

She's +HP/-Spd which isn't great but anyone that can get close enough will murder her anyway and she can still demolish Linde and Reinhardt. Happy I didn't spend money on this banner lol

Gotta say, I sometimes hate reading this thread because it makes me incredibly sad when I get shit rolls. But I went and pulled after reading this post and got a 5 star Julia, the unit I wanted the most. The level of satisfaction i'm feeling right now is astronomical.

I also got a 5 star Fae. Bonus!

elty

I don't understand about merging. Tried to merge a 1600 SP Nino into another Nino. It adds a grand total of 80 SP.

commish

I don't understand about merging. Tried to merge a 1600 SP Nino into another Nino. It adds a grand total of 80 SP.

Right now, you don't get the SP when you merge. I think that'll change when the next merge update hits (I think later this month).

Muramasa

-ATK +DEF

Let's hope you pull a better one in the future so you can fuse them to her >.>
made a mistake: it is -atk+def and -spd+res.
so the newer one should be superior. i will lose -3atk -3res and gain +3def +3spd (+1hp +1spd from merge)

Someday i will have Lucina without speed or attack bane T_T

elty

I wish they should just make a "Negate Bane" seal that will +3 or 4 to your bane stat.

Or a "Neutralize" seal that will +3 to your bane stat and -3 to your boon stat.

** Cries with my -SPD Linde. **

You should spend all of the SP first if you can before losing the unit from merging. But I could totally see a scenario where your unit is complete and just have a ton of SP left over ready to spend on new skills.

Akuun

so the newer one should be superior. i will lose -3atk -3res and gain +3def +3spd (+1hp +1spd from merge)

I'd say -atk +def is better. Speed is really important for a character like Lucina, she's kind of fragile so the def actually helps her, and she hits so freaking hard most of the time anyway that -atk might not hurt her that much. She overkills most of her favored targets anyway, except for especially tough units like Nowi.

Having said all that, I've seen a lot less Lucina in arena these days. People seem to be replacing her with Ryoma/Ike/Eirika.

Firemind

The game is actually saving you from running a mediocre unit.

PK Gaming

Got +SPD -ATK Julia. Sometimes I wish I'd never known about IVs. ☹️

+SPD/-ATK is honestly not that bad. +SPD is amazing because it makes it harder for opponents to double Julia/lets her double more enemies, and I can't think of many instances where she flat out loses out on 2HKOs/OHKOs with -ATK.

Juni_

Do you remember if voting gauntlet banner units make it into the next bonus characters list or not?
No.

Also it seems that the next few weeks will have the free special maps characters as bonus heroes considering virion, sophia, gunter, cecilia, hana and felicia have been bonus heroes the past 2 seasons and the current one. Meaning the next 3 seasons may have 2 of donnel, olivia, subaki, stahl, lissa and wrys.

I have no need to summon from either Mage banner. I have everyone except for Tharja and Leo. I hope Robin(M) ends up winning the male side, so that I can use him in the final round.

I've been using Linde ever since I summoned her from Deep Devotion, and I got Julia and Sanaki from their focus banners a while back. Linde is +HP/-DEF, and she performs well with this combo. Julia and Sanaki are both neutral and perform fine.

I placed suboptimal skills for Linde early on, but I have 1800 SP on her now to correct everything. I have Desperation 3 on her, which is a must. I'm considering Blarblade+ down the line.

The other two have 1000+ SP, and I still haven't settled for an optimal build on them. I just have Draw Back on Julia, which was a great decision.

StAidan

Got the same the other day... Not sure what to do with her.

How is +ATK -RES on Tharja?

It's good. Def and res are her ideal banes. Spd is the best boon, obviously, but mine is +atk and works great on my primary team. I now give her my speed seal and a speed buff due to the latest arena meta (merged Ryoma), but usually she doesn't need it.

TetsujinZ

Pulled two Hectors: 1) +DEF -ATK and 2) +HP -RES

Any thoughts on which one is better? My initial reaction was to go with (2), but thinking about it a bit more -ATK on Hector isn't too bad given his naturally high attack stat, and the extra DEF and RES on (1) would help him tank more effectively.

Any tips on 10-4 Lunatic without losing anyone? It's the last of those challenges I had left.

Characters I have available -
Erika - only 5* Sword user so I have to bring her.

Other 5* - Minerva, Kagero, Ninian, Nowi, Sheena, Julia, Gordon, Takumi x2, and Jakob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom