• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
help me pick guys??? sanaki or julia. (i dont have a linde or tharja ;-;)
IMO Julia is better but that depends on the rest of your team.

I might be biased because I'm pretty sure Julia is the unit that would complete my team and make it capable of answering absolutely anything in arena.

Any tips on 10-4 Lunatic without losing anyone? It's the last of those challenges I had left.

Characters I have available -
Erika - only 5* Sword user so I have to bring her.

Other 5* - Minerva, Kagero, Ninian, Nowi, Sheena, Julia, Gordon, Takumi x2, and Jakob.
I'd cheese it with a Light's Blessing lol. Just kill as much as you can until you're at your last unit, then pop it and finish with everyone alive. It still counts.

Muramasa

Pulled two Hectors: 1) +DEF -ATK and 2) +HP -RES

Any thoughts on which one is better? My initial reaction was to go with (2), but thinking about it a bit more -ATK on Hector isn't too bad given his naturally high attack stat, and the extra DEF and RES on (1) would help him tank more effectively.
2 +hp kinda nullifies the - res. you only want to survive 1 magic hit and kill back insta. higher attack stat also synergises well with vantage 3

Scum

I've got a Neutral Sanaki and a +Spd -RES Sanaki. Come on, Tharja!

+SPD/-ATK is honestly not that bad. +SPD is amazing because it makes it harder for opponents to double Julia/lets her double more enemies, and I can't think of many instances where she flat out loses out on 2HKOs/OHKOs with -ATK.
That's great to know. Thanks. 😀

I'd cheese it with a Light's Blessing lol. Just kill as much as you can until you're at your last unit, then pop it and finish with everyone alive. It still counts.

I just did that too but I used my Light's Blessing on the Game Over screen after losing all of my units on the Enemy Phase on turn 6. It rezzed everybody and I auto-won and got the orb. It felt cheap but at that point I didn't care.

TetsujinZ

2 +hp kinda nullifies the - res. you only want to survive 1 magic hit and kill back insta. higher attack stat also synergises well with vantage 3

Makes sense, thanks. I do plan on using vantage on the Hector I keep/train, so I guess I'll go with the +HP -RES one.

Now if I can just pull Titania so I can feed her the other Hector's distant counter...

Are you all looking forward to the updates for Arena then?

Yea. The defensive terrain spots should be interesting. Parking Nowi or Hector on one sounds amazing, but I do worry the AI will park on them too. Meaning they won't be baited out of position but instead force you to move on them, and that could be annoying.

Skii

So just checked IVs for my pulls and Linde is +Spd/-HP and Sanaki is +HP/-Def

Either of those really bad? Linde's seems decent.

Muramasa

Makes sense, thanks. I do plan on using vantage on the Hector I keep/train, so I guess I'll go with the +HP -RES one.

Now if I can just pull Titania so I can feed her the other Hector's distant counter...
I think titania will become 4 star after the banner ends. Maybe you should save the orbs.

Are you all looking forward to the updates for Arena then?
i will not get any defense wins thats for sure. But i think it will be interesting.I hope in the end i will get the same or more amount of feathers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So just checked IVs for my pulls and Linde is +Spd/-HP and Sanaki is +HP/-Def

Either of those really bad? Linde's seems decent.

On Sanaki, you want -def bc she really shouldn't be getting hit by melee unless you run TA and have to tank a green (which she can do even with -def).

With Linde, I also think that is a good IV because it'll probably allow her to double a few more folks (didn't do the math tho). I'd be okay with -HP because you don't want her taking hits anyway.

The "worst" for either of them is -atk or -spd, so you are good there. You can make anything work, though, with SI.

Spoit

So I got a +atk/-spd Nowi. Is there anything that can be done to mitigate the 23(!!!) speed, or is she just pretty much worthless?

Muramasa

So I got a +atk/-spd Nowi. Is there anything that can be done to mitigate the 23(!!!) speed, or is she just pretty much worthless?
quick riposte 3 or just dont care and go vantage3 . even normal speed is like 27 and not so speedy. she is more of a mixed tank.

triangle adept + lance breaker works fine. but not so many lance users nowadays. or fury3 + swordbreaker. -spd is not that big of a bane.

PK Gaming

C_VEzPCU0AI10E6.jpg

Here's the lovely female mages banner, comprised of some of the very best units in the game.

And here we have the lonely male mages banner, comprised of some relatively mediocre units for the most part.

IS has really done it now. It's honestly pretty hard to decide between both banners!

Here's the lovely female mages banner, comprised of some of the very best units in the game.

And here we have the lonely male mages banner, comprised of some relatively mediocre units for the most part.

IS has really done it now. It's honestly pretty hard to decide between both banners!

"Just be glad we didn't put in Odin, okay? <.<" -IntSys

I would not use -SPD at all. Wait for another one.

I have one with +DEF/-HP, which is not bad. +SPD is better, though, and it by far the best boon that you can hope for. It works well with anything that isn't -ATK.

Skii

On Sanaki, you want -def bc she really shouldn't be getting hit by melee unless you run TA and have to tank a green (which she can do even with -def).

With Linde, I also think that is a good IV because it'll probably allow her to double a few more folks (didn't do the math tho). I'd be okay with -HP because you don't want her taking hits anyway.

The "worst" for either of them is -atk or -spd, so you are good there. You can make anything work, though, with SI.

That Linde is fantastic, among the best. Sanaki is good, too.

Okay that's great to hear. Thanks guys. So far I've only pulled one character with terrible IVs... unfortunately it was Ryoma (-Atk or -Spd IIRC).

I would not use -SPD at all. Wait for another one.

I have one with +DEF/-HP, which is not bad. +SPD is better, though, and it by far the best boon that you can hope for. It works well with anything that isn't -ATK.

This is the biggest problem with the game. It feels absolutely terrible to spend all your orbs getting one of the best units in the game only to find out its IVs are terrible rendering the character largely useless. Who at IS thought that was a good idea...

To be fair...if Odin replaced Merric the male side of the bracket would have 4 competitors all around the same popularity.

also why would anyone turn down such a good fodder unit

• It's Odin.
  • Why would you spend orbs on Blarrblade+ when you could spend orbs on Reinhardt?
  • It's Odin.
  • Enough people have Moonbow as it is (and you don't need a 5* ver. of him for that).
  • It's Odin

Trying to decide if I should merge my camillas and move forward with a 3 unit flier Emblem team. Normally wouldn't be too interested in flier Emblem but I have a +Atk/-def Hinoka and a +spd/-res Minerva that are just too strong to ignore. Do people suggest running one of them with Iotes shield? Or would it be better just to counter archers with the 4th unit?

macklelol

Trying to decide if I should merge my camillas and move forward with a 3 unit flier Emblem team. Normally wouldn't be too interested in flier Emblem but I have a +Atk/-def Hinoka and a +spd/-res Minerva that are just too strong to ignore. Do people suggest running one of them with Iotes shield? Or would it be better just to counter archers with the 4th unit?
Please don't use Iote's Shield. Archers are easy to play around.

Okay that's great to hear. Thanks guys. So far I've only pulled one character with terrible IVs... unfortunately it was Ryoma (-Atk or -Spd IIRC).

This is the biggest problem with the game. It feels absolutely terrible to spend all your orbs getting one of the best units in the game only to find out its IVs are terrible rendering the character largely useless. Who at IS thought that was a good idea...

4 out of the 5 units that I summoned from Hero Fest were +RES. It's annoying as hell. Hector has +RES/-DEF, which is thankfully still fine. I summoned Lucina with +RES/-ATK, so I won't be leveling her.

I already mentioned what happened with my two +RES Azura. -ATK is not a death sentence for her, so I still leveled this one to 40. The one with -SPD is truly unusable, and that put me off from paying/using orbs.

The +SPD/-HP Ryoma was the one true highlight, and it made Hero Fest worthwhile. So, I came out with a strong Ryoma, decent Hector and useable Azura despite minor frustrations.

chrono01

Probably the people who want as much money as they can get. :(

Ironically, they have a greater chance of getting less money out of me than if they made the IV system a lot more fair (either get rid of it completely, or give us ways to further train our characters if we get stuck with a sub-optimal one). I just don't feel like throwing money at the game, where if/when I do get the character I'm chasing, it'll likely have a nature that renders it less capable of doing the job it's intended to do (-ATK for a damage dealer, for instance). However, I realize that I might be in the minority when it comes to this. I've seen more than a few people pull numerous of a certain character (on Reddit and other forums), chasing down that IV/nature they want. As for me? The moment I get the character, I'm done. I got Ike on his banner, after a 100+ orbs, and he was -ATK/+RES. I didn't spend a single orb more trying for another one of him.

If anything makes me quit this game, it'll be the way the IV system is handled. I don't mind how it is in the actual games, it's whatever. But in a game where people spend money (not me necessarily, for the reasons I described above) it's a massive issue.

kswiston

I had 20 orbs so I decided to pull. Got junk, and a 5-star Peri, which is about the least exciting 5-star pull I can think of.

Sushen

We just need a way to reroll boons and banes.
For a small fee of 100 orbs or 100k feathers. Jokes aside, I am skeptical that IS will make it happen. Even if they do, it's gonna cost arms and legs. The worst of all, what if your reroll is even worse?

For a small fee of 100 orbs or 100k feathers. Jokes aside, I am skeptical that IS will make it happen. Even if they do, it's gonna cost arms and legs. The worst of all, what if your reroll is even worse?

That would be terrible but I have a few worst boon combined with worst bane characters. Would not have much to fear with those...

spiritfox

There is a way, it's called spending orbs and pulling more heroes until you get what you want. They are not implementing something that will lower the need for summoning.

What if it used 5 orbs? I rather reroll the character I already have for a chance at a better boon/bane and to roll for a chance at both getting the character and a good boon/bane.

Garou

What if it used 5 orbs? I rather reroll the character I already have for a chance at a better boon/bane and to roll for a chance at both getting the character and a good boon/bane.

It's not about what you would rather do, but about what way will need more orbs, if you could reroll a character you will likely end up with something you like within 2-4 rerolls. Summoning will need way more that that to get what you want, and that's the way gatcha will go. Whales don't raise themselves.

spiritfox

It's not about what you would rather do, but about what way will need more orbs, if you could reroll a character you will likely end up with something you like within 2-4 rerolls. Summoning will need way more that that to get what you want, and that's the way gatcha will go. Whales don't raise themselves.

There needs to be a balance between fishing for whales and catering to the F2P base. This is an issue that's making a lot of people unhappy, and unhappy people don't spend money. If IS doesn't do anything about it or even acknowledge it then they'll eventually lose players.

Bovine

Neo Member
Working on building my Linde, thinking of putting Life or Death 3 on her. I'm conflicted on sacrificing my 5 star Jaffar for her, even though I don't use him at all. I have a weird attachment to all my 5 stars, even though I have like 20. I do like Jaffar as a character, but his art is kind of bad. Probably will sacrifice him, but feel bad doing it.

Garou

There needs to be a balance between fishing for whales and catering to the F2P base. This is an issue that's making a lot of people unhappy, and unhappy people don't spend money. If IS doesn't do anything about it or even acknowledge it then they'll eventually lose players.

Except the people caring about this are the most likely ones to pay for orbs. There are no "lots" of people unhappy about this in relation to the whole player base.

One thing to remember about gatcha: You are always supposed to have something new to strive for, complete satisfaction is the first step to boredom and starting to play another app.

Hearthstone communities also sometimes get caught in their own bubble and think their core-player issues are representative of the whole player-base when actually the majority don't care.

Juni_

Working on building my Linde, thinking of putting Life or Death 3 on her. I'm conflicted on sacrificing my 5 star Jaffar for her, even though I don't use him at all. I have a weird attachment to all my 5 stars, even though I have like 20. I do like Jaffar as a character, but his art is kind of bad. Probably will sacrifice him, but feel bad doing it.
You could use fury, it's just a 4* hinata not to mention it works really well with desperation.

Juni_

I'd also change Linde's ardent sacrifice with a movement skill like reposition or drawback since ardent sacrifice and fury is a bit redundant.

spiritfox

Except the people caring about this are the most likely ones to pay for orbs. There are no "lots" of people unhappy about this in relation to the whole player base.

One thing to remember about gatcha: You are always supposed to have something new to strive for, complete satisfaction is the first step to boredom and starting to play another app.

Hearthstone communities also sometimes get caught in their own bubble and think their core-player issues are representative of the whole player-base when actually the majority don't care.

I haven't seen anyone who was entirely happy about the boon/bane system, though it all just anecdotal, so take it what you will. But it's like you said, the people who would care about this are those most likely to buy orbs, and if they're unhappy, why would they continue to pay for orbs? You're also driving off all those people who wouldn't mind paying for orbs but are turned off cause their precious 5*s cannot kill anyone for shit. I know I wouldn't buy orbs unless I can ensure that the cool unit I draw is not shitty cause I got screwed over by bad luck, and the only way to fix it is to hope to pull another better one.

Sushen

Wow, just like the other guy who posted, I've got only 5* peri out of my 200 orbs. Enjoy my money Nintendo because you won't see another penny out of me.

Sushen

How's speed-/def+ Eirika? After failing to obtain neither Julia nor Linde, I need to come up with something out of what I have.

Vena

How's speed-/def+ Eirika? After failing to obtain neither Julia nor Linde, I need to come up with something out of what I have.

Eirika isn't a combat unit so her IVs may as well not matter. Its not great but who cares, she's a buff bot.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I haven't seen anyone who was entirely happy about the boon/bane system, though it all just anecdotal, so take it what you will. But it's like you said, the people who would care about this are those most likely to buy orbs, and if they're unhappy, why would they continue to pay for orbs? You're also driving off all those people who wouldn't mind paying for orbs but are turned off cause their precious 5*s cannot kill anyone for shit. I know I wouldn't buy orbs unless I can ensure that the cool unit I draw is not shitty cause I got screwed over by bad luck, and the only way to fix it is to hope to pull another better one.

95% of the time, IVs don't make that much difference. And honestly this is one of the most F2P friendly gacha games I've ever played. If you have to have specific characters with specific IVs, then of course you're going to be disappointed. But you won't need that to do all the content or to win in arena.

Golnei

Now that we're on the subject - while I probably won't be actually using Ike much, how should I go about salvaging a -SPD +ATK nature? Should I be going after Quick Riposte? Is a Threaten skill worthwhile?

Vena

Now that we're on the subject - while I probably won't be actually using Ike much, how should I go about salvaging a -SPD +ATK nature? Should I be going after Quick Riposte? Is a Threaten skill worthwhile?

Without his speed he's probably completely unusable, frankly. Anything but -speed is probably salvageable but -speed puts him into a completely disastrous speed tier for an offensive unit with very limited defense and very poor resistance.

The only way I can see salvaging this is giving him Fury, and using him to only bait things he can OHKO even if they do double him but he losses much of his viability/check as a general punishing unit on most colors. He can even tank Lancers who don't double him but -speed makes that a much narrow pool of units. That -speed though also makes him unable to double certain axes that he will still take heavy damage from and he cannot OHKO.

Minerva completely dominates him even with Triangle Disadvantage, and her lesser seen brother now no longer gets doubled and has the defense to weather Ike's attack. Checked calc: he cannot kill Michalis without speed, and Michalis kills him on the enemy phase because of Hauteclere Moonbow/Bonfire. Minerva nearly kills him in one round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom