• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Can I get a 4* +SPD -HP Tharja to work?

Absolutely. Be sure to rank her up to 5 if you like her.

Now that we're on the subject - while I probably won't be actually using Ike much, how should I go about salvaging a -SPD +ATK nature? Should I be going after Quick Riposte? Is a Threaten skill worthwhile?

If he's your only Ike, then there's no harm in trying. You literally just need Quick Riposte (QR2 should be fine) to ORKO most enemies on enemy phase. Triangle Adept should significantly limit the amount of damage you take against Greens, even if they can double you. This way, you hard check Green Mages as well. Threaten Speed would be nice, but it's not that big of a deal. You also definitely want to run Hone Speed users to make up for the Speed loss.

95% of the time, IVs don't make that much difference. And honestly this is one of the most F2P friendly gacha games I've ever played. If you have to have specific characters with specific IVs, then of course you're going to be disappointed. But you won't need that to do all the content or to win in arena.

This!

HoodWinked

i was so salty at the hero fest banner after getting none of the focus heroes between this and the ike banner i think i spent close to 200 orbs without a single focus hero.

got so pissed i uninstalled this game. but i couldn't stay away and reinstalled the game. looking for any silver lining i did get a 3 star nino and checked the ivs and its among the best +spd -res. so i just look at it like i spent 200 orbs+22000 feathers for a good nino :/

iJIElwU.png

Golnei

If he's your only Ike, then there's no harm in trying. You literally just need Quick Riposte (QR2 should be fine) to ORKO most enemies on enemy phase. Triangle Adept should significantly limit the amount of damage you take against Greens, even if they can double you. This way, you hard check Green Mages as well. Threaten Speed would be nice, but it's not that big of a deal. You also definitely want to run Hone Speed users to make up for the Speed loss.

I'll see how that works, thanks.

Without his speed he's probably completely unusable, frankly. Anything but -speed is probably salvageable but -speed puts him into a completely disastrous speed tier for an offensive unit with very limited defense and very poor resistance.

The only way I can see salvaging this is giving him Fury, and using him to only bait things he can OHKO even if they do double him but he losses much of his viability/check as a general punishing unit on most colors. He can even tank Lancers who don't double him but -speed makes that a much narrow pool of units. That -speed though also makes him unable to double certain axes that he will still take heavy damage from and he cannot OHKO.

Minerva completely dominates him even with Triangle Disadvantage, and her lesser seen brother now no longer gets doubled and has the defense to weather Ike's attack. Checked calc: he cannot kill Michalis without speed, and Michalis kills him on the enemy phase because of Hauteclere Moonbow/Bonfire. Minerva nearly kills him in one round.

That's disappointing, but not surprising. I wasn't planning on using him a great deal regardless, so thanks for keeping my expectations in check.

Vena

That's disappointing, but not surprising. I wasn't planning on using him a great deal regardless, so thanks for keeping my expectations in check.

He's in a weird area with his stats and its unfortunate that -spd does so much damage to his capabilities. Its like the one *extremely bad* IV for him.

Spoit

I thought we would get the new arena today, they didn't even change the bonus characters wtf.

The featured characters are always the latest banner's set. I'd need to check the date for when the ike banner ends, but we probably have 1, maybe 2 more sets of this, after this one. It's usually delayed one arena cycle after the new characters come out

syncyes

60 orbs on female mages banner, because I am pretty weak magic-wise.

5 star Ogma :|

when will the 5 star red swords end :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pretty nice to see that no matter how I do in Arena, I'll get 3 orbs. The feathers being shifted to Defense may be annoying though.

I did get a 4* Reinhardt, maybe I should get him up to 5* and collect some easy defense wins.

You know what? These feather rewards are actually much more fair.

In the old system, the whales in the top 100 received an obscene amount of feathers compared to everyone else. Sucks for them, but I like that the playing field is more even now.

Better late than never.

vctor182

Sanaki is awesome with swordbreaker, she can take care of red units without help. Green units run away from her already and now red units too. My team now consists of Sanaki, Ninian, Héctor and Anna for the bonus. I feel bad for benching Lucina lol

_Legacy_

Sanaki is awesome with swordbreaker, she can take care of red units without help. Green units run away from her already and now red units too. My team now consists of Sanaki, Ninian, Héctor and Anna for the bonus. I feel bad for benching Lucina lol

Is she worth pulling? I've got a Tharja who needs a couple more levels before she hits 40 but wondering which unit is better for red and green coverage.

xequalsy

Hmm some of the new arena maps are awful to face horse emblem against. There's the one with alternating "fort" spots that's pretty hard to stop - especially since they'll be standing in the fort spots when running at you.

At least it's not the lava map against flier emblem I guess.

redcrayon

Defence map 5 on Hard is proving a little tough for me- there's quite a variety in the opposition units and its hard to counter everything. Dealing with Klein (top left) before he inflicts heavy damage seems to be the way forward...

Edit- just cleared it, in the most inelegant way possible. Effie, Camilla and Lucina sprinted around (backed by a dancer) and took out everyone mob-handed as they appeared. All-out attack seems an unintuitive strategy on a defence map, but when you can't afford to lose even one unit and the weapon triangle means that everyone has a hard counter somewhere, wiping out the enemy piecemeal at least let's you bring your advantaged units to bear in the order you choose. Careful troop selection and placement at the start to let me kill/severely injure most of the enemy units on turn 1 was the key.

I ran into a 5 star Zephiel and the game was just weird. He wouldn't take any damage from anyone. He had 42 defense and my Ryoma with 53 attack did 0 damage. Sharena was doing like 3 damage

redcrayon

I ran into a 5 star Zephiel and the game was just weird. He wouldn't take any damage from anyone. He had 42 defense and my Ryoma with 53 attack did 0 damage. Sharena was doing like 3 damage
Was he on a defence tile (the ones with stone walls around them?). Or maybe had some defence-up buffs? Yeah, that's strange that those two were doing so little damage.

vctor182

Is she worth pulling? I've got a Tharja who needs a couple more levels before she hits 40 but wondering which unit is better for red and green coverage.
I think she is worth it. She can one shot most green units like Hector, Nino and Julia and prevents vantage proc. Plus she doesn't need a lot of investment just Swordbreaker and Moonbow, her assist Harsh Command is useful vs a debuff team.

Muramasa

the power of the new tiles.

units with high staying power will be now even better.

sheena will lead this new meta with distant counter and obstruct into a new age
half serious

redcrayon

the power of the new tiles.

units with high staying power will be now even better.

sheena will lead this new meta with distant counter and obstruct into a new age
half serious
Any unit with all-range counter is now an even bigger problem if you let them into a fort. Still, as with WTA skills, the poor enemy AI means that the player can take advantage of it far more than the enemy will. Should lead to even more arena wins as the player has a severe advantage in being able to dictate who the enemy attacks by only leaving one unit in range.

Sölf

The new defense maps are cool. Lost once on the fourth on hard and twice so far on the 5th on hard. Need to beat 5 on hard still, probably have to change my team for that though.

Also, the new Defense tiles in arena totally screw me over. Jesus. xD

c-murph

Wanted some more Tharja. Ended up using sixty some orbs i had saved... Not a single Tharja. I currently have three but would've like to get a few more for future 5* boosts. Did get like 5* Marth, Roy, and 4* Marth, Roy x 2, Tiki x 4, and Olivia. That's my 9th Olivia. I only pulled on the red orbs. I could have a wicked Olivia if I ever got enough feathers.

Sushen

I think she is worth it. She can one shot most green units like Hector, Nino and Julia and prevents vantage proc. Plus she doesn't need a lot of investment just Swordbreaker and Moonbow, her assist Harsh Command is useful vs a debuff team.
Why sword breaker on mage? Most sword users won't counter distant attacks. I'm curious.

Juni_

Qr 2 is good enough it's a difference of only 10 percent also qr3 is only available at 5* at the moment so it's not really worth getting it. That said I feel vantage is a better choice, counter skills and vantage really do work well together.

_Legacy_

Liking the new defense tiles in arena but it really seems like I need my Azura to make the most of it. Might have to bring her back in for Nowi.

ggx2ac

The change to rewards for Defense is flawed.

Think about this, I just got 582 points from one defense win. It has given me all I needed already to get the max amount of feathers from Defense.

I have now swapped out my bonus hero from the defense team and put back in my dancer.

This means I'll easily accrue Defense wins to stop people​ from winning and ascending in rank.

There has been no change to the enemies I fight in arena, I can still fight a team that has no bonus heroes in it to get the max amount of points I can get.

They really should have put in something more to make people still keep in their bonus hero for their defense team.

linkent

Qr 2 is good enough it's a difference of only 10 percent also qr3 is only available at 5* at the moment so it's not really worth getting it. That said I feel vantage is a better choice, counter skills and vantage really do work well together.

Already have Vantage Hector/Ike, so thinking of making this Takumi QR due to his -HP.
Also running out of LonQu to sacrifice :p

champloo

It seems a defense tile decreases damage taken by 10? They should make them more obvious.. I was so confused when my 50atk Kagero couldn't dent a 43def Draug, turned out dude was sitting on one of those.

I wonder if this mechanic is gonna make glass cannons more powerful, since they are now harder to kill.

Mupod

yeah, wasn't expecting much out of the bonus unit change, as they never said anything about it doubling your team's value for matchmaking. If you just get double score on the first win then there's no reason to leave it in there. At least if it affected the matchmaking value of the team, you'd be forced to keep it as-is if you wanted to actually cause people in your range to lose.

It seems to have put me at tier 14 - I honestly don't remember what I was last week, so I'm assuming it just kept the tier everyone was in? I'm a week behind due to starting after launch, but I wonder if this will work out and allow me to jump up a couple tiers. Either way, even with a defense win this will be less feathers than I've been getting lately, although orbs are nice.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It seems a defense tile decreases damage taken by 10? They should make them more obvious.. I was so confused when my 50atk Kagero couldn't dent a 43def Draug, turned out dude was sitting on one of those.

I wonder if this mechanic is gonna make glass cannons more powerful, since they are now harder to kill.
A Kagero still one shots any mage, even on the defensive points from what I've seen. However, your Hectors and Ikes can take a monster double hit from a mage and either KO or weaken them.

It's a 30%reduction to all damage. So for some characters around 30 defense or Resistance that would result in 10 less damage.

Squatting Hector and Nowi on those tiles is pretty awesome. Also great that the enemy AI doesn't take great advantage of them as they can be baited to move out of the tile.

TA3 Xander on a tile in this current red and green meta is great.

Mupod

What special should I put on Azura? Thinking of -30% damage one for more survival.

due to how little I fight with her, I figured a 2-charge special would be the most useful. Mine is +spd -def so I went with Escutcheon to reduce melee damage. Seems to work out well for her, as even with her sapphire lance she does tend to take damage from the stronger red swords.

Scum

I ended up with so many Sanaki to add the the three I already had whilst chasing after Tharja. I've just decided to merge a few of the for the fun of it. I'm now lvling a 23+4 Sanaki.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

lt519

New battle maps are funky, I like them.

Zephiel saved a run for me, his first kill in two weeks came out of desperation to kill a Vantage Hector who would have gotten everyone else. Almost got surprised by a distant counter Effie.

Disappointed no change in system though, ran my typical Nino, Robin, Olivia with Bonus and walked away with 4746 easy. That likely won't move me up tiers and I'm guessing competition might be stiff enough that I move down tiers. With the new defense maps I think I can run a different merged group with some success though.

Did face one team with all +2s, not sure how I ended up matched against them.

kewlmyc

Went into arena having no idea about the new defense maps. Pleasant surprise. Need to go in better prepared from now on as I ended up losing two units on these new maps.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Did another pull, and saw no grey orbs for once, which was good.

All just Est, Bartre, etc. lol.

New maps for orbs are nice, though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

YES. This happened to me and caused my only death in my first arena run. I still don't understand how I did so little damage to Zephiel, even with the tile. Was really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom