• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
it was changed as of today. You need a bonus unit on your defense team to get the most points. One win is still all you need per week.
Oof. I didn't know that, thanks.

Time to switch Hana into the defensive team, probably with disastrous results.

Sushen

If I were yo form horse emblem, does it makes sense to have Reinhardt and Ursula? Is spd+ Peri OK in the team which I'm thinking giving brave axe? Since I only have Xander and Reinhardt, I need to fill in the rest. Camus can't come soon enough.

Weebos

Banned
Any point in keeping Brynnhildr on Leo for a Horse Emblem team?

The weapon seems interesting, but he seems more like a defensive oriented unit, which works against it.

I also don't have any Blade fodder right now.

Roman

If I were yo form horse emblem, does it makes sense to have Reinhardt and Ursula? Is spd+ Peri OK in the team which I'm thinking giving brave axe? Since I only have Xander and Reinhardt, I need to fill in the rest. Camus can't come soon enough.

Either of the two is very good to have but I would rather run Reinhardt/Ursula together with Cecilia.

Peri is a Lance user, and I wouldn't use her on that team if you have better options.

The weapon seems interesting, but he seems more like a defensive oriented unit, which works against it.

I wouldn't use Leo for Pony Emblem but if you absolutely want to I would undoubtedly recommend the blade tome. Sacrificing Tharja for this is not worth at all in my view, however.

I got a Hector from Hero Fest and put Wings of Mercy 3 on him purely for arena defense reasons. I used to only get literally 1 defense win per season and now I'm getting 2-4.

Weebos

Banned
I wouldn't use Leo for Pony Emblem but if you absolutely want to I would undoubtedly recommend the blade tome. Sacrificing Tharja for this is not worth at all in my view, however.

Yeah, I want to use him for the Gauntlet, but even then he isn't stellar.

Sushen

Either of the two is very good to have but I would rather run Reinhardt/Ursula together with Cecilia.

Peri is a Lance user, and I wouldn't use her on that team if you have better options.

I've got Leo and Peri and I knew neither is optimal for horse emblem. I have 4* Cecila but she seems underwhelming. Do people use her as buff bot or give her Nino'seems tome or something?

Mupod

it's actually really annoying on a defense team because nobody uses Leo and it's easy to forget about it. And then someone can get trapped in a spot where they can't avoid Cecilia/Reinhardt/etc.

I'd definitely use Xander over him on an offense team, though.

Roman

I've got Leo and Peri and I knew neither is optimal for horse emblem. I have 4* Cecila but she seems underwhelming. Do people use her as buff bot or give her Nino'seems tome or something?

Yes, she is used with Nino's Gronnblade. With Cavalry buffs she destroys the metagame.

Seeing her do 30 to 40 damage to red targets is not unusual for me.

I don't know if I can take another week of dragging around a 4* Zephiel. Hopefully next week is Xander, but I have a feeling we are getting another week of this set of bonus heroes because the Ike banner is running 3 weeks instead of the normal 2.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know if I can take another week of dragging around a 4* Zephiel. Hopefully next week is Xander, but I have a feeling we are getting another week of this set of bonus heroes because the Ike banner is running 3 weeks instead of the normal 2.

I'd be surprised if we get 3 weeks of this arena group. I think everyone's Xanders are ready to roll.

Mupod

I'd like another week of this, as I'll probably be stuck with a 4* for the next one and Ike is a perfect fit on my team. I can't predict what they'll do, but they've always given some leeway before adding banner units to the bonus.

I am thinking of doing a Distant Counter +ATK Effie, +ATK Hector and Zephiel with a bonus hero for my defense win each week. I encountered a team like that earlier and with the Defense Tiles it was a bitch to deal with. Maybe not the most efficient defense team, but I just need one win a week after all.

Would also add Ward Armor to Effie or Zeph to go with Hector's Goad Armor.

That or I check how well it works to catch people off-guard with a Wings of Mercy 3 Hector in a regular team.

Sushen

Yes, she is used with Nino's Gronnblade. With Cavalry buffs she destroys the metagame.

Seeing her do 30 to 40 damage to red targets is not unusual for me.
Does she need 5* version of Gronnblade? I can't really afford the feathers. Speaking of feathers, if I have to choose between Ursula and Xander to promote your 5*, which one should be the first?

I'm thinking Xander because of the distant counter, but I think Xander will eventually be replaced by a better one later... a tough decision which can be solved if it's not so expensive to promote.

Juni_

You don't really need the + version of blade tomes the 4 extra might is small compared to the huge buffs you get from hone/fortify buffs

I'd also promote Xander first, he needs his 5* weapon a lot more than Ursula needs to be a 5*.

Roman

Does she need 5* version of Gronnblade? I can't really afford the feathers. Speaking of feathers, if I have to choose between Ursula and Xander to promote your 5*, which one should be the first?

I'm thinking Xander because of the distant counter, but I think Xander will eventually be replaced by a better one later... a tough decision.

No, you don't really need Gronnblade+, but it would be great if Cecilia has a +Atk nature.

Xander vs. Ursula is not an easy question but I would go with Xander first because he needs a lot more SP training.

Sushen

No, you don't really need Gronnblade+, but it would be great if Cecilia has a +Atk nature.

Xander vs. Ursula is not an easy question but I would go with Xander first because he needs a lot more SP training.
I have found attack+ Cecilia which is only 3*. It looks like my pony emblem will be a half 5* and a half 4*, would it be ok?

Roman

I have found attack+ Cecilia which is only 3*. It looks like my pony emblem will be a half 5* and a half 4*, would it be ok?

It would be more than okay. Your score might take a hit due to BST and rarities but playing with this kind of team is a completely different experience.

Cecilia/Ursula/Xander/Camus sounds very good to me. Keep in mind Cecilia needs both Hone and Fortify from her allies, and Reinhardt comes with Goad, so it would be a good idea to put some of these on Xander and/or Camus.

Oh wow my 5* Zephiel with his DEF-4 weapon, Distant Counter and Wary Fighter 3 is a beast. Will probably put one of the armor boosting skills in C and Pivot. Now to pick a Special. Bonfire?

Sushen

Having done an inventory check, I realized most of my units with good iVs are 4*. It'll take a while to get them to 5*. Sigh. Probably IS intentionally gave me crap 5* IVs as opposed to good IVs for 4*s. Am I alone in this?

kewlmyc

Damn son, Defensive Part 5 Hard is kicking my ass. Manage to not have a decent way of taking down Lilina and Draug before they become a problem for my Hector. Maybe I should bring in a healer instead of a dancer.

lt519

Damn son, Defensive Part 5 Hard is kicking my ass. Manage to not have a decent way of taking down Lilina and Draug before they become a problem for my Hector. Maybe I should bring in a healer instead of a dancer.

whynotboth.gif

My Nino/Robin/Lachesis/Olivia team dominates in these modes. Can get double heals off if necessary and every other heal from Lachesis buffs defense by +4 for the entire team (which is nice for Nino). Dance around on offense then when you get hurt you can turtle up, Lachesis has decent attack too.

I was researching healer builds last night, they can add incredible value. Maria has incredible speed (which can help her proc Miracle super fast to use as bait) and Lachesis actually has like 45 attack. Wrys has really good skills to inherit. Might explore them as bonus character options more instead of just having Zeph sit in the corner.

So, I've been thinking about the new defensive tiles lately and how that should change up my team. My Erika (+def/-speed) is become an absolute beast, rocking 30/28 def/res, with the boosts we are looking at 40/36. I currently run fury, but considering defense tiles I may also want to consider putting something else there. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how viable running a tank focused on sitting on defense tiles could be. I've had a few matches today, and it seems like that shouldn't be too hard.

One other consideration is how valuable defense buffs will be now. Mist and her Spur Def/Res could be really valuable if her spur is also boosted by the tiles. Even if it isn't, running Fortify Res/Def can still be gamechangers on units with high, balanced defenses. Any thoughts?

Roman

Not to gloat but Pony Emblem made this easier than Part 4 for me, since you are not really hindered by terrain and can get to the enemies before they group up.

Scum

Not to gloat but Pony Emblem made this easier than Part 4 for me, since you are not really hindered by terrain and can get to the enemies before they group up.

oL8wiGr.gif

How are guys running horse teams distributing the buffs? I'm thinking I want 2 hones and 1 fortify along with a goad. This is with Ursula, Cecilia, Xander and Peri (until I get someone better).

Ok guys I need some help building my Distant Counter Armor Emblem right now. I have a few questions.

Effie, Zephiel and Hector should all get Pivot or you would use some other movement skills in there?

Also, not sure who should get Hone Armor. That + Goad Armor from Hector is a possible +10 ATK on Zephiel or Effie, not sure who would make the best use of it. Tempted to give it to both but then I would sacrifice a Ward Armor that could be on someone. By the way I don't have Sheena yet for Fortify Armor.

Finally, give them Bonfire or Moonbow? Thinking Bonfire because of their crazy DEF, but how often will it have time to trigger is what I wonder.

Thanks!

Ok guys I need some help building my Distant Counter Armor Emblem right now. I have a few questions.

Effie, Zephiel and Hector should all get Pivot or you would use some other movement skills in there?

Also, not sure who should get Hone Armor. That + Goad Armor from Hector is a possible +10 ATK on Zephiel or Effie, not sure who would make the best use of it. Tempted to give it to both but then I would sacrifice a Ward Armor that could be on someone. By the way I don't have Sheena yet for Fortify Armor.

Finally, give them Bonfire or Moonbow? Thinking Bonfire because of their crazy DEF, but how often will it have time to trigger is what I wonder.

Thanks!

With defense tiles, you may want 1+ wards/fortifies in there, just to make your team untouchable. Also, I'd say go with swap to you can keep everyone together. As for Bonfire or Moonblow, I would go with Bonfire, since the damage gain from Moonblow won't make or break if you aren't doubling, while Bonfire is a fairly large nuke for a single hit.

Westlo

It's because Sanaki has a speed of 30 at most and can not double most sword units without it. I think only Ryoma and maybe Ike can survive because of their high attack

yep, that's the only two red swords that survive.

I just run swordbreaker 2 with snacky

Roman

How are guys running horse teams distributing the buffs? I'm thinking I want 2 hones and 1 fortify along with a goad. This is with Ursula, Cecilia, Xander and Peri (until I get someone better).

I have laid out my endgame here. Blade users absolutely need Hone and Fortify so it's better to put those on the others. I have settled on Hone/Fortify/Goad/Goad to maximize my 1RKO potential.

Goad is a bit hard to get right now but Camus comes with it.

Thanks!

Swap is great for armors because it's easy to reshuffle them while still keeping them together. Reposition is also very useful for forcing weapon type advantage, protection and covering distances. Smite can also definitely have its uses.

Personally I currently run Draug/Effie/Hector/Sheena and Effie has the Hone. Bonfire is better most of the time, especially if you run Quick Riposte. Units like Sheena can even run Ignis.

Skii

Why am I reading my Azura's stats wrong? When I compare it to the IV calculator, I have 3 stats with positives and no negatives lol.

Roman

Why am I reading my Azura's stats wrong? When I compare it to the IV calculator, I have 3 stats with positives and no negatives lol.

It's fastest to simply show us a screenshot. We don't really need those calculators anymore since the wiki is rather complete when it comes to 5* unit stats.

So, I'm trying to figure out who I should use my 20k of feathers on. I assume it will be my last chance to raise rarity for a while considering how measly feathers are handed out. I just unlocked 5* Nino, and I have a 5* Corrin (m) and 5* Marth as my main team.

My options to unlock, Kagero, Tharja, Robin (m), Sharena, or Olivia.

Curious what folks in here think...

Mupod

So, I'm trying to figure out who I should use my 20k of feathers on. I assume it will be my last chance to raise rarity for a while considering how measly feathers are handed out. I just unlocked 5* Nino, and I have a 5* Corrin (m) and 5* Marth as my main team.

Kagero or Tharja are both strong, but it seems you're already red heavy. Check their IVs first I guess.

Sharena is a nice investment as they seem to be repeating her, Anna and Alphonse as bonus units. She's also the best of the 3.

Olivia is great as well but needs some other investment to be usable outside of dancing.

Syntsui

Kagero or Sharena depending on what you need.

champloo

Kagero and Tharja are popular units and are pretty safe choices. However, you may want to look into your other units as well, you could find gems among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom