• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juni_

Already upgraded Alfonse to 5* just for Arena? I hear he's mediocre at best from pretty much everyone.
He's pretty much Chrom with a different weapon. But since he and the other starters are cycling as bonus heroes it's not a terrible investment.

Muramasa

That's what I'm facing. Where is the bonus 5000 feathers that "we" won during the golden week? I can't even install skills since no more feathers.
we will get them 11th may.
after the mage gauntlet we get another shipment like every gauntlet.

@alfonse he is decent, only the 25 speed hinder him to be good.

Scum

Can someone send me their 5* Odin please? I'll swap him for a 3* Barst as well as a 3* Raigh. What a steal!

Mupod

Already upgraded Alfonse to 5* just for Arena? I hear he's mediocre at best from pretty much everyone.

He's just slow, you could make him work if you really wanted to.

Still would be hard to bring him on my team even kitted out. I use reds to tank green mages and kill Hector, he'd only be able to do one of those things. Anna at least is fast and has a really cool weapon ability.

I dunno what I'd do with him outside of the usual quick riposte/bonfire. Maybe turn him into a better Seliph with Brash Assault. But that ability is rarely used for a reason...it's a nasty surprise when you're not expecting it though.

lt519

Can't remember how I beat this grand hero battle last time, let alone with Ursula handicapping me.

Damn teleporting Knight.

Ah I think I used Sophia for that Knight...

My autism does not allow me to only upgrade Sharena and Anna to 5* without upgrading Alfonse.

Are there better units to upgrade? Yes.

But I will still upgrade the starter trio. All of them.

Mupod

Can't remember how I beat this grand hero battle last time, let alone with Ursula handicapping me.

Damn teleporting Knight.

Ah I think I used Sophia for that Knight...

most people start by baiting ursula with a green, I originally used Camilla but someone who can kill Ursula on the counter is ideal (FRobin is perfect). This causes the green knight to take one step down into mage nuke range. From there, any decent blue mage can take out the green knight with a dance. I did it with Robin, originally. Used Ursula this time. You can use a green or red of course, just pointing out that he is just that weak to magic despite his massively buffed hp.

Red guy falls easily to a blue mage. Ninjas were the problem for me last time, even Robin couldn't do it himself. Nowadays it's just a Hector episode.

kewlmyc

Why? You're wasting 20,000 feathers so you can get... what... a couple hundred extra feathers a week every 3 weeks? Kinda ass-backwards....

Edit - Oh wait I forget about the bonus to defense... still... I go my 580 defense with 4 star Anna

He's pretty much Chrom with a different weapon. But since he and the other starters are cycling as bonus heroes it's not a terrible investment.

He's just slow, you could make him work if you really wanted to.

Still would be hard to bring him on my team even kitted out. I use reds to tank green mages and kill Hector, he'd only be able to do one of those things. Anna at least is fast and has a really cool weapon ability.

I dunno what I'd do with him outside of the usual quick riposte/bonfire. Maybe turn him into a better Seliph with Brash Assault. But that ability is rarely used for a reason...it's a nasty surprise when you're not expecting it though.

I'm in the middle of upgrading Anna and already have Sharena as a 5* (though she's pretty good to be fair). Would you say that it's not worth it to upgrade Anna and Alphonse just to use them in Arena teams?

Weebos

Banned
I'm in the middle of upgrading Anna and already have Sharena as a 5* (though she's pretty good to be fair). Would you say that it's not worth it to upgrade Anna and Alphonse just to use them in Arena teams?

Anna seems totally usable, it's Alphonse that might be a waste of feathers.

As it stand we've been able to lean on GHB units for the arena seasons, might be better to save feathers for them over Alphonse.

Weebos

Banned
Bamboo 竹;236362605 said:
Wait, what!? On my game the Guantlet didn't even started.
Or did I miss the joke?

That is the joke. She is likely the Lucina/Camilla of this Gauntlet.

...Turns out literally the only thing I needed to do different to both beat the Lunatic GHB AND feed Ursula the kill was to equip Pavise on Hector again =_=

kewlmyc

Bamboo 竹;236362605 said:
Wait, what!? On my game the Guantlet didn't even start.
Or did I miss the joke?

That is the joke. She is likely the Lucina/Camilla of this Gauntlet.

Only thing that might stand a chance against her is Robin. And that's barely.

Also time for Leo to get another L to hold. ;_;

Pejo

Man, Reinhardt is absolutely insane. He even 1RKO's select greens. I was playing all of my training tower battles on Auto while I was at work, but thanks to Azura, he was killing everything and nobody else was getting any xp. Really makes me consider a horse emblem team. I already have Eldigan maxed out and he was way better than I was expecting him to be. Who else is popular in a cavalry team?

Mupod

Dammit, perfect run ruined by an Azura doing something the dancer AI has never done before. Usually they just attack whatever is in range but for some reason this one decided to dance an Eirika instead. I probably could've saved Ike if I had moved him 1 more square down, but I'd never seen the AI do that. And she definitely had a weapon equipped, I've been watching for that lately.

That run was mostly low point matches anyways...almost all 684. It was 686-688 every time last week. I didn't change my team, so this seems odd. Double checked and all skills/seals are on.

I did get to see Blarblade+ Linde earn her keep by one-shotting a distant counter Zephiel who was on a defense tile. Nice Wary Fighter there, pal.

Weirdest matchup was my almost exact same team mirrored, except everyone was +4 and Ryoma instead of Ike. Matchmaking, go home you're drunk.

Achtius

Arena is a lot more challenging this time around. Also doesn't help everyone is using a team of ryoma/ike Hector Linde Azura

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
There are so many Hectors now. Just about every team I ran into had either Hector or Effie, or both. A lot of teams ran Hector + Effie, with the Effie running Distant Counter.

I finished my first arena run this morning and it seems the most popular team comp I see is Hector + Effie + Ike/Ryoma + dragon/dancer.

Mupod

Man, Reinhardt is absolutely insane. He even 1RKO's select greens. I was playing all of my training tower battles on Auto while I was at work, but thanks to Azura, he was killing everything and nobody else was getting any xp. Really makes me consider a horse emblem team. I already have Eldigan maxed out and he was way better than I was expecting him to be. Who else is popular in a cavalry team?

Gronnblade Cecilia and Blarblade Ursula are the other overpowered casters people build around. Their tomes scale off the +6 hone/fortify cavalry-only buffs and push them into insane damage ranges. I have a 4*, regular Blarblade Ursula who is able to easily clear out 10th stratum on her own whenever the cavalry quest is up.

Arena is a lot more challenging this time around. Also doesn't help everyone is using a team of ryoma/ike Hector Linde Azura

I mean, that's my team. But it's not what I use on defense, Hector lagging behind and only one caster makes for an easy win IMO.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm honestly a bit surprised that there are so many Hectors because I'd think that Ike would be the most common bonus unit used.

StAidan

Even if I end up with fewer points than I used to, I kind of appreciate that arena seems to be generally more challenging now. I really have to think about how to approach battles, in many cases where that was unnecessary before.

I ran into a team yesterday of 40+3 Vantage Ike, 40+2 Vantage Hector, 40+5 Vantage Ryoma, and a Wings of Mercy Xander. The fact that I was able to survive it with 3 units remaining was an accomplishment I was proud of regardless of how many points I got, because I was only one wrong move away from defeat for the entire match.

kewlmyc

I'm honestly a bit surprised that there are so many Hectors because I'd think that Ike would be the most common bonus unit used.

Hector w/ Vantage is pretty much at least one guaranteed Defense win at this point so it makes sense why after the Hero Fest banner, he's on everyone's team now. It's a pain in the ass dealing for a lot of people.

Got only 4790 points at the arena, how do I improve it ? My team

C_exKbFXoAAYcAK.jpg

(Hector, Nino and Azura haven't maxed skills yet)

Also this new arena system is weird how do I rank up (I want my 4 orbss)

Muramasa

Got only 4790 points at the arena, how do I improve it ? My team

(Hector, Nino and Azura haven't maxed skills yet)

Also this new arena system is weird how do I rank up (I want my 4 orbss)
nobody will get 4 orbs this season. rank up occurs after the season ends. you will reach max tier 17(if you are now 15). you will only get 4 orbs at rank 18-20

lt519

I actually like running into Hectors, Olivia handles them with ease once all the other units are down. I know if I run into a Hector team he's carrying the bulk of their Arena score and the rest of the team will be fairly easy.

I only have two hinata :( First one to Nino but Azura seems not appropriate tbh

It's mostly just to boost her stats to give you a higher score. But since she is a Dancer and will mostly be using her ability, Fury gives her a lot of protection for no real downside.

Although since you only have two, it might be better to just throw it on Ike. Even though I personally really like Heavy Blade.

Mupod

Add Fury to Azura. Add Fury to everything.

The stat bonus from Fury doesn't affect matchmaking anymore.

You gain a boost to your rating by having skill slots filled on your characters, but your rating now is mostly determined by rarity, merge level and to a lesser degree base stats. Weapon and stats from skills are no longer taken into consideration.

Fury is great on Azura though. I'm still stuck with speed+3 on mine, she already has 600 SP to spend once I get another Hinata.

Syntsui

Did I just waste my hardly earned 70 orbs trying to get Ike because that motherfucker is broken and keeps fucking me up at the arena? >.>

lt519

most people start by baiting ursula with a green, I originally used Camilla but someone who can kill Ursula on the counter is ideal (FRobin is perfect). This causes the green knight to take one step down into mage nuke range. From there, any decent blue mage can take out the green knight with a dance. I did it with Robin, originally. Used Ursula this time. You can use a green or red of course, just pointing out that he is just that weak to magic despite his massively buffed hp.

Red guy falls easily to a blue mage. Ninjas were the problem for me last time, even Robin couldn't do it himself. Nowadays it's just a Hector episode.

Yup that is how I did it, was getting stumped right now since Nino wasn't one-shotting her. Guess I buffed Nino's speed when I did it a while back. I think I used Subaki to tank the dagger throwers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232009350&postcount=18360

Edit: yup, did same thing just gave Ursula Hone Speed from one of my million 3-star Matthews. Nino revenge killed Ursula then the Knight and Subaki tanked the entire map from there. The things we do for an orb.

commish

Hector w/ Vantage is pretty much at least one guaranteed Defense win at this point so it makes sense why after the Hero Fest banner, he's on everyone's team now. It's a pain in the ass dealing for a lot of people.

True enough. I would just imagine that everyone's team has a plan for him. But I guess he's even more deadly with the defensive tiles.

Add Fury to Azura. Add Fury to everything.

This is true. Fury bumps up BST nicely. I've also found a single merge bumps up your opponent level as well. I'm not sure if it's possible to crack 4800 without a merge.

Syntsui

If you have trouble with Ike, why didn't you try pulling for Linde?

She has no place in my team though. I have an answer or him with Reinhardt already, I just don't have him ready at 5* nor his support team.

Ike is just too good on his own :/

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This is true. Fury bumps up BST nicely. I've also found a single merge bumps up your opponent level as well. I'm not sure if it's possible to crack 4800 without a merge.
I've done it last week and this week, but only barely. 4810 last week and 4807 this week so far, though I'm gonna try again and see if I do better.

Team was Ryoma/Nowi/MRobin/Hana. All 5* level 40 with no merges, though everyone except Hana have lots of SI on them.

Mupod

I have no merged characters and I got 4810 the last 3 weeks. As I said though, for some reason I'm only getting 684 most of the time this week, with a couple of 692 teams.

Westlo

Well at the moment I'm getting 5000 feathers from this current arena season, if I 5 star Anna at the cost of 20,000 feathers... I "might" get one Tier higher and get an extra 100 feathers...

Totally not worth it.....

Alphonse isn't even good like Anna... I'll rely on Xander who's worth 5 staring for his next rotation... at worst I'll just carry him like I did Anna and get an easy 5k feathers....

commish

I've done it last week and this week, but only barely. 4810 last week and 4807 this week so far, though I'm gonna try again and see if I do better.

Team was Ryoma/Nowi/MRobin/Hana. All 5* level 40 with no merges, though everyone except Hana have lots of SI on them.

I have no merged characters and I got 4810 the last 3 weeks. As I said though, for some reason I'm only getting 684 most of the time this week, with a couple of 692 teams.

Hmm, guess you would if you have fury on your dudes. I couldn't crack 4800, even with studs like Hector on my team, until I gave Julia a +1. Now I can reach 4830 or so.

Mupod

Hmm, guess you would if you have fury on your dudes. I couldn't crack 4800, even with studs like Hector on my team, until I gave Julia a +1. Now I can reach 4830 or so.

I mentioned this a couple posts ago but in the matchmaking update they made it so Fury, stat skills and weapons don't affect your matchmaking score. Just having anything in that slot would give the same amount of rating.

I'm considering merging Hector but I want to see what kind of placement I get without doing it.

Got 4800 with Xander, Nowi +1, Hector, and a 4* Zephiel. The swing in scores is crazy. One match I can get 690 the next 3 will be 682 then back to a 692.

I'm loving my TA3+Renewal 3+Reciprocal Aid Xander. Hector hitting him for zero damage is awesome.

Sushen

Which is more practical: hone or goad cavalry? I don't know if 2 space reach is worth more than extra 2 spd/atk.

Mupod

Which is more practical: hone or goad cavalry? I don't know if 2 space reach is worth more than extra 2 spd/atk.

you could run both. They are different types of buffs. Only Hone Cavalry would apply extra damage to a blade tome, but goad/ward abilities stack with that and each other.

I would definitely prioritize Hone Cavalry if you had to choose, though.

commish

I mentioned this a couple posts ago but in the matchmaking update they made it so Fury, stat skills and weapons don't affect your matchmaking score. Just having anything in that slot would give the same amount of rating.

I'm considering merging Hector but I want to see what kind of placement I get without doing it.

Fury raises your BST though. I thought BST still matters (though less) when it comes to arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom