• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juni_

We kinda need to know other units but Sharena/Kagero are the best choice out of there, Tharja is ok but you really don't need another red.

champloo

jX9Ahyil.jpg
Managed to finish all the 10th stratum quests with these guys.

Pony quests and Infantry quests were a breeze.

Flier quests were tough though, I lost about 50% of the battles. In the end I had to pick matchups where there were more reds and let Subaki carry lol

Kagero or Sharena depending on what you need.

Kagero and Tharja are popular units and are pretty safe choices. However, you may want to look into your other units as well, you could find gems among them.

Kagero or Tharja are both strong, but it seems you're already red heavy. Check their IVs first I guess.

Sharena is a nice investment as they seem to be repeating her, Anna and Alphonse as bonus units. She's also the best of the 3.

Olivia is great as well but needs some other investment to be usable outside of dancing.

Thanks all, that was my impression of Olivia as well. And yes Im pretty red heavy right now. Corrin is at level 39 and Marth is getting there. Other than Robin, I'm lacking a solid, strong blue unit. Kagero seems interesting.

I've been back ans forth checking the tier list on the wiki(not sure how reliable it is) to see what I have.

Tiki (adult), Robin (F), Eliwood, Catria, Camilla, Cordelia..
Some of those are 3* though. Also have a 5* Karel, Priscilla, Hinoka, Clair.

Syntsui

Nice surprise, it turns out the Cecilia I leveled up for the quest orbs is +ATK. What is the core pony team we can build?

I have her maxed + Xander + Reinhart + Titania + those two old dudes with awful art design.

Juni_

Feed jagen and gunter to titania and xander for fortify and hone cavs, give cecilia gronnblade and draw back from Nino. Decent pony team for this and next season.

Sterok

Took me a dozen tries, but I managed to beat Defense 5 Hard with Ephraim, Nino, M-Robin, and Lissa. Lots of painful enemies everywhere. Thankfully with Ephraim's buffs Nino could kill most enemies, Robin could tank, Ephraim buffed and killed a couple while Lissa healed. Robin and Lissa managed to tank Gunter, so I feel proud of them.

Ughhhhh, killing lv40 Ursula with Ursula is a huge pain. I have to weaken her enough to almost die so she can get the kill, but that means the axe armor with Wings of Mercy warps next to her =_=

spiritfox

Ughhhhh, killing lv40 Ursula with Ursula is a huge pain. I have to weaken her enough to almost die so she can get the kill, but that means the axe armor with Wings of Mercy warps next to her =_=

You can try the Ursula in 9-3 since she's 40 there too.

Also now that I have Hector this map is easy as hell.

I have a +atk -spd Tharja. I heard +spd makes her able to double anyone with her darting blow. Is +atk still strong enough once buffed to one shot most?

Roman

I did this with Ursula/Xander/Cecilia/Gunter (yes, I do everything with full ponies now if possible).

Xander was the only 5* unit in this roster.

Xander baits the bottom assassin and leaves him at 1 HP. With an +Atk seal he kills him but it's important to leave him alive so that the cavalier draws him back instead of blocking the way.

Next turn Xander does 22 to Ursula with Moonbow, my own Ursula kills Ursula, Cecilia kills the top assassin, Gunter swaps places with her so he takes the hit from the knight. This could be done by Frederick but he didn't have the SP to learn Swap.

Cecilia barely lives the bottom assassin's attack and kills him on the counter. After that it's just cleanup.

Just discovered that dancer AI gets kind of unpredictable when another unit has a rally skill. Usually if there's someone in range the dancer will charge straight into them but if there's a rally unit they can buff the dancer and then they'll dance the buffing unit and not attack that turn.

Just pulled a 4* Effie ... Think I may build her out and use my feathers on her. Seems like a really good unit. Any suggestions on names I should look for to use on her with Skill inheritance?

Juni_

Just pulled a 4* Effie ... Think I may build her out and use my feathers on her. Seems like a really good unit. Any suggestions on names I should look for to use on her with Skill inheritance?
Effie does tons of damage with brave lance, bonfire also works as a special and maybe replace smite with another movement option.
Donnel for brave lance, tiki or blue robin for bonfire, cherche for pivot or stahl and subaki for swap.

Muramasa

I did this with Ursula/Xander/Cecilia/Gunter (yes, I do everything with full ponies now if possible).

Xander was the only 5* unit in this roster.

Xander baits the bottom assassin and leaves him at 1 HP. With an +Atk seal he kills him but it's important to leave him alive so that the cavalier draws him back instead of blocking the way.

Next turn Xander does 22 to Ursula with Moonbow, my own Ursula kills Ursula, Cecilia kills the top assassin, Gunter swaps places with her so he takes the hit from the knight. This could be done by Frederick but he didn't have the SP to learn Swap.

Cecilia barely lives the bottom assassin's attack and kills him on the counter. After that it's just cleanup.
thanks, did the same just with frederick instead of gunter, was a breeze. new moon was enough for xander.

But i still think it is the hardest ghb. a teleporting armor unit, 2 infantry assassins and a horse killer.. oh my.

Effie does tons of damage with brave lance, bonfire also works as a special and maybe replace smite with another movement option.
Donnel for brave lance, tiki or blue robin for bonfire, cherche for pivot or stahl and subaki for swap.
This is great, thank you!

Bovine

Neo Member
Last time Ursula was around I couldn't beat her Lunatic map. Now that I have Hector it was a complete joke. Raising them is going to be painful though. I might stick to SP grinding my Linde, I have Moonbow and Desperation 3 already, now I need to get Fury.

Mupod

Well, 20 orbs got me nothing, I guess Sophia has replaced Subaki as the unit it won't stop giving me. I don't NEED anyone in this banner though I was just pulling for fun and to maybe finally get another Hinata. Back to saving, we'll see what Celica looks like next week.

Ursula quests weren't too bad. Her GHB still might be the hardest of them, but I was able to overpower it with ease now.

Weird that they'd mention Narcian first and his hasn't returned yet...that's the one I need, as I had no high level characters at the time.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That hero banner really did a number on arena. Fucking EVERYONE has Distant Counter now.

I've seen more Distant Counter Effies than Brave Lance Effies at this point.

c-murph

Oh yeah! Just pulled a 5* +Spd/-Def Tharja. Just merged my other 5* into her... Awesome all my skills just get inherited over. I literally had like 1000s of SP worth of skill on her.

Also got a 3* +Spd/-Def and 3* +Spd/-Res Olivia. Now I have like 12 of her. I could just make a 40+10 4* and be done with her... but I already have Moonbow, Swordbreaker 3, Ruby Sword (not + yet becuase still need 5* character...) and Fury 3 on her.

xequalsy

Oh god, the new wide bridge map with the 2x2 defence squares is a nightmare to face horse emblem on. Really hard to separate them (especially if they have a dancer so Eldigan can zoom at the speed of light towards you) so it's hard to tank both Reinhardt and Eldigan at once.

Faced a team worth 694 points on it too, that was a mistake. Think I'm going to just reroll those teams next time, I can beat 686-690 teams deathless, but after that the merges start getting crazy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Protip for anyone struggling to get arena defenses:

I was confused as to why I had so few defenses the last 2 weeks (3 or so total the last 2.5 weeks, including 0 this week so far) and thought about what had changed. Then I realized that I was now including my best, super powered characters on defense, including Hector with his high BST. By doing this, I realized that I was doing myself a disservice because (i) by placing my defensive team into a higher bracket, I was limiting the number of opponents who would challenge me and (ii) those who DID challenge me at this higher bracket would be better equipped to deal with my team.

So, I swapped out Hector and I removed some unnecessary skills from my team (e.g., removed all slot C skills). I then swapped out Azura for a random Olivia - just need someone to dance, don't need the higher arena bracket fights that come with a max 5 star Azura. I figured these moves would get me into a lower bracket where my still strong characters could get me some wins.

So, in the hour (1 hour!) since then, I now have more defenses this week than I have the previous two+ weeks combined.

As always, YMMV!

Sushen

Last time Ursula was around I couldn't beat her Lunatic map. Now that I have Hector it was a complete joke. Raising them is going to be painful though. I might stick to SP grinding my Linde, I have Moonbow and Desperation 3 already, now I need to get Fury.
That's what people said but when I stick Hector out, red knight and Hector always get my Hector. My female Robin is only level 30, and trying to figure out a way with either Hector or Camilla.

Mupod

Protip for anyone struggling to get arena defenses:

I was confused as to why I had so few defenses the last 2 weeks (3 or so total the last 2.5 weeks, including 0 this week so far) and thought about what had changed. Then I realized that I was now including my best, super powered characters on defense, including Hector with his high BST. By doing this, I realized that I was doing myself a disservice because (i) by placing my defensive team into a higher bracket, I was limiting the number of opponents who would challenge me and (ii) those who DID challenge me at this higher bracket would be better equipped to deal with my team.

So, I swapped out Hector and I removed some unnecessary skills from my team (e.g., removed all slot C skills). I then swapped out Azura for a random Olivia - just need someone to dance, don't need the higher arena bracket fights that come with a max 5 star Azura. I figured these moves would get me into a lower bracket where my still strong characters could get me some wins.

So, in the hour (1 hour!) since then, I now have more defenses this week than I have the previous two+ weeks combined.

As always, YMMV!

I was about to make some drastic changes but I just got a 572 defense with Ike/Linde/Azura/Nino, so I'm good.

I used to run a 4* Olivia on my defense team, but I actually feel like I get far more defenses by running Azura and a full SI team. I guess people at this range are more likely to surrender after losing a unit than fight to the end. It does vary wildly week to week though...2 weeks ago I had 20+, then I only had 2, last week I had over 10 within a day.

900 feathers hinging on defense may raise the stakes a bit for some people, I wish we could get defense replays to tweak our positioning and team but that might be too much server load.

Sushen

I have 28 feathers after upgrading Xander. Don't regret it though, dude is a beast. He's like Hector on wheels.
That's what I'm facing. Where is the bonus 5000 feathers that "we" won during the golden week? I can't even install skills since no more feathers.

Sterok

Crushed the Ursula GHB with Nino and Hector. Killed Ursula herself with Anna/Ursula on the story maps. Easy peasy, though Ursula could only survive with 1 HP when attacking herself. Well, it worked, and that's all that matters.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was about to make some drastic changes but I just got a 572 defense with Ike/Linde/Azura/Nino, so I'm good.

I used to run a 4* Olivia on my defense team, but I actually feel like I get far more defenses by running Azura and a full SI team. I guess people at this range are more likely to surrender after losing a unit than fight to the end. It does vary wildly week to week though...2 weeks ago I had 20+, then I only had 2, last week I had over 10 within a day.

900 feathers hinging on defense may raise the stakes a bit for some people, I wish we could get defense replays to tweak our positioning and team but that might be too much server load.

My kingdom for more arena defense information - number of fights, replays, etc. Other games have had this information for YEARS. Hopefully they add it here.

Mupod

I thought my kitted out Blarblade Ursula would have an easy time against her twin but then I remembered she comes with an anti-cavalry tome. Still worked out fine, I used the story missions because I had full stamina.

Will probably try and finish my arena run today...I'm itching to find out what kind of placement I get in the tier 14 bracket. If I can manage top 5% it'll put me in tier 17, which seems like it'd be doable based on my previous weeks.

I'm sitting on around 26k feathers, the +SPD -HP Tharja I have is a no-brainer if I was just going off of IVs, tier, and how much I like the character. But upgrading Anna and Alphonse could pay off more in the long run. I'll hold off until we see the bonus, or more details on the new mode.

Westlo

Already upgraded Alfonse to 5* just for Arena? I hear he's mediocre at best from pretty much everyone.

Why? You're wasting 20,000 feathers so you can get... what... a couple hundred extra feathers a week every 3 weeks? Kinda ass-backwards....

Edit - Oh wait I forget about the bonus to defense... still... I go my 580 defense with 4 star Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom