• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Are people using the emulator to cheat? Or, why the crackdown? I don't know what this Nox emulator is.

Not really...mostly just used to play the games on PC in addition to the Phone. It also can be faster to reroll on the Emulator if your phone isnt rooted and you dont wanna have to redownload the game data all the time.

I dont know if cheating is possible in FEH...i would guess so - but this likely isnt a Emu exclusive issues and could be done on phones with some hacked data/apks as well.

Are people using the emulator to cheat? Or, why the crackdown? I don't know what this Nox emulator is.

Varies. Some people used it because it was the most convenient way to play, Others use it because it's the only way they can play due to region restrictions. And there there are people like me who only used it for 5 seconds to get the 4* Female Corrin during the android promotion. If I get banned because of that I will be fucking pissed.

That in mind, if you've used emulators at any point I suggest you stop spending any money on this game.

Shito

Yeah, no, this answer is a generic one from the support team, all it's saying is that they don't support people using a rooted device (which is very common really), and that they can ban you if they detect you altered the game or hacked it. They are absolutely not saying they will ban all people who used Nox at one point...

cw_sasuke

Yeah, no, this answer is a generic one from the support team, all it's saying is that they don't support people using a rooted device (which is very common really), and that they can ban you if they detect you altered the game or hacked it. They are absolutely not saying they will ban all people who used Nox at one point...

Yeah....otherwise we would have had the Reddit already freak out. Seems like a few people got banned...who knows for exactly what reasons. Maybe they used some modified apk or something at one point and werent aware of it.

spiritfox

Yeah....otherwise we would have had the Reddit already freak out. Seems like a few people got banned...who knows for exactly what reasons. Maybe they used some modified apk or something at one point and werent aware of it.

The subreddit had already freaked out about it. I think it's dumb, emulators are too commonly used especially by the core players to warrant a ban because of that.

cw_sasuke

The subreddit had already freaked out about it. I think it's dumb, emulators are too commonly used especially by the core players to warrant a ban because of that.

Oh...i mean really freak out - this is still rather tame. Some got hit and most are gonne be more cautious now.....but if Nintendo would hit all Nox/QooApp/Rooted phone users etc. things would turn ugly rather fast xD

Lelou

People don't read anymore eula?

Many others F2P jp games don't allow the use of emulators, i don't get why people are surprised.

Just because many dev/support team close an eye on it don't make it be allowed by all other the games on the internet.

cw_sasuke

Thanks for those free orbs Nintendo/IntSys.

screenshot_20170511-03ishr.png
screenshot_20170511-0u0s3h.png

Its over - finally. Did i get a "good" version ? lol

People don't read anymore eula?

Many others F2P jp games don't allow the use of emulators, i don't get why people are surprised.

Just because many dev/support team close an eye on it don't make it be allowed by all other the games on the internet.

The issue is that Nintendo knew about those flaged accounts every since the release of the game - dont think its smart to let their playerbase get invested in the game and spend money on it only to ban them afterwards. Also the fact that they are only banning some people and not every Nox user - i think the uncertainty is the issue.

Theosmeo

The issue is that Nintendo knew about those flaged accounts every since the release of the game - dont think its smart to let their playerbase get invested in the game and spend money on it only to ban them afterwards. Also the fact that they are only banning some people and not every Nox user - i think the uncertainty is the issue.

no -spd lol

Lelou

Well we can't know it for sure that they knew about this flagged account from the start.
Game is really recent, we are still only on 3-4 months after the release, and the devs has worked hard just for make the fanbase happy with the request of changes.

Anyway the point is that generally, players, never read eula and after always complain about some rule they broke.
Intsys could ban them after 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, that is not matter.
If i broke the law i can be put on jail after 1 year for what i did or after 1 month, i see it on the same way..

cw_sasuke

Well we can't know it for sure that they knew about this flagged account from the start.
Game is really recent, we are still only on 3-4 months after the release, and the devs has worked hard just for make the fanbase happy with the request of changes.

Anyway the point is that generally, players, never read eula and after always complain about some rule they broke.
Intsys could ban them after 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, that is not matter.
If i broke the law i can be put on jail after 1 year for what i did or after 1 month, i see it on the same way..

I agree - no one is saying Nintendo cant do this. Its their game...ofc they can ban player for whatever reason. But these type of games depend on the community that plays them - it would just be a big blow if people start dropping the game because of something that isnt a mayor issue in like every other Gacha game.

They need to keep the momentum going.

Lelou

I agree - no one is saying Nintendo cant do this. Its their game...ofc they can ban player for whatever reason. But these type of games depend on the community that plays them - it would just be a big blow if people start dropping the game because of something that isnt a mayor issue in like every other Gacha game.

They need to keep the momentum going.

I agree with you but cheating players became a problem since the second month of the game.
Players with full team of +10 heroes and injected heroes even not released are around on the arena, and probably they don't have many ways to find the massively because many things of the game are only server side.

There is another thing to say:
Do we have any proof that this people on reddit claming to be banned were normal player that didn't cheat?
No we don't have.

Do you have any friend that has be banned using ONLY an emulator?
I don't, even if i have many friends playing it.

If you use a rooted device for play the game 90% of jp gatcha games will ban you, then you can't blame anyone other than yourself..

I'm really liking these Orbs, but I won't summon until I have at least 100. The banner must have a crucial unit, too, so I'm prepared to possibly have 200 or so.

On a typical 3% banner, I need at least 80 Orbs just to get a 5* on average. Kind of crazy to see people get so lucky on single pulls.

Spoit

I went ahead and used the free orbs to try to chase ike. Didn't get him, but did get Soren, so at least I have someone to toss in for arena now. The problem is, he's -atk/+def. Which might not be too bad if I had a spare blade+ tome? But I don't (and it'd go to cecellia first anyway)

Syntsui

Never heard of a game hard banning anyone because of a rooted phone, what I know that is common is soft bans that prevent people login in and things like that.

I play Brave Exvius and Record Keeper religiously on Nox and I've also played this game several times there simply because it's practical. I got that error message preventing me from playing the game most of the times also, it immediately kicked me out and required me to delete one specific file from the data to continue playing (most of the people that rerrolled knows what I'm talking about).

I deleted the app from the emulator due to this because it was getting annoying, but it never crossed my mind that they would hard ban me for it.

cw_sasuke

I agree with you but cheating players became a problem since the second month of the game.
Players with full team of +10 heroes and injected heroes even not released are around on the arena, and probably they don't have many ways to find the massively because many things of the game are only server side.

There is another thing to say:
Do we have any proof that this people on reddit claming to be banned were normal player that didn't cheat?
No we don't have.

Do you have any friend that has be banned using ONLY an emulator?
I don't, even if i have many friends playing it.

If you use a rooted device for play the game 90% of jp gatcha games will ban you, then you can't blame anyone other than yourself..

Eh..... playing on a rooted device doesnt mean you are a cheater. People have rooted devices for all kind of reason that dont have anything todo with f2p games. My phone isnt rooted right now but i had long period of using rooted phones and never been banned on any f2p/mobile game i played.

They should ban cheater who use modified apk or other weird exploits... but treating anyone that plays on a Emu or uses a rooted phone as a cheater is the wrong approach in my opinion. As stated before...i feel like their might be more to the story of those banned accounts - they must have done something that put them on Nintendos radar otherwise much more people would have issues right now.

I dont know...maybe somekind of Arena exploit ? I play this game to casually to know what would let Nintendo flag you for a ban...just using Nox or a rooted device doesnt seem likely.

Lelou

Never heard of a game hard banning anyone because of a rooted phone, what I know that is common is soft bans that prevent people login in and things like that.

I play Brave Exvius and Record Keeper religiously on Nox and I've also played this game several times there simply because it's practical. I got that error message preventing me from playing the game most of the times also, it immediately kicked me out and required me to delete one specific file from the data to continue playing (most of the people that rerrolled knows what I'm talking about).

I deleted the app from the emulator due to this because it was getting annoying, but it never crossed my mind that they would hard ban me for it.

Google can help you easily:

https://www.google.it/search?q=ban+...rome..69i57.4048j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Like i said before many games don't have an easy solution to detect cheaters, then they try to solve the problem in this way.
They can, there is a EULA that say how you can and have to play the game in a LEGIT way.

Lelou

Eh..... playing on a rooted device doesnt mean you are a cheater. People have rooted devices for all kind of reason that dont have anything todo with f2p games. My phone isnt rooted right now but i had long period of using rooted phones and never been banned on any f2p/mobile game i played.

They should ban cheater who use modified apk or other weird exploits... but treating anyone that plays on a Emu or uses a rooted phone as a cheater is the wrong approach in my opinion. As stated before...i feel like their might be more to the story of those banned accounts - they must have done something that put them on Nintendos radar otherwise much more people would have issues right now.

I dont know...maybe somekind of Arena exploit ? I play this game to casually to know what would let Nintendo flag you for a ban...just using Nox or a rooted device doesnt seem likely.

Brave Exvius doesn't ban rooted devices in any form.

Pokémon Go, at the time I played, simply didn't allow rooted phones to login, if you tried on any other type of phone you could play normally. Rooted phones were banned, not accounts.

Summoner Wars, I have no knowledge of this game so I can't comment.

I know many korean and jp gatcha games that banned account 6 months old just because they were using bluestack/rooted phones.
Almost all emulator can make use of third party programs for grind automatically.
That makes normal user in a disadvantage.

Tried sniping red with free stones got one with no reds pulled blue and got a second linde.

-HP
+Res

My other is +Def -RES

What the hell do I do with two?

ggx2ac

Finally got Linde, Atk Up/HP down though.

Finally got Ogma for the first time too. He took that long for me to get just for a 4*.

This is the second time I've lost a no-death run due to the game reading an input wrong.

IntSys really needs to implement an undo button for movement. I can understand not letting players undo an actual battle action or support, but being screwed over because the game moves your character to the wrong space and ends their turn is really lame.

Shito

This is the second time I've lost a no-death run due to the game reading an input wrong.

IntSys really needs to implement an undo button for movement. I can understand not letting players undo an actual battle action or support, but being screwed over because the game moves your character to the wrong space and ends their turn is really lame.
Happened to me a few times, and I saw that there are two options in the config screen that let you manually confirm a move and an action... haven't tried them yet, so I don't know how they work.

Happened to me a few times, and I saw that there are two options in the config screen that let you manually confirm a move and an action... haven't tried them yet, so I don't know how they work.
They slow down the game considerably, so I don't use them.

We shouldn't have to worry about false inputs in a turn based game. A simple undo move option would solve this problem instantly.

Syntsui

Are you talking about when you want to move your unit but the game interpret as you completed you action but you don't move at all?

That happened several times with me.

Are you talking about when you want to move your unit but the game interpret as you completed you action but you don't move at all?

That happened several times with me.
That, or when they wrongly move the unit to an adjacent space. Or when you move a unit to make an attack, but they instead of attacking, they just finish the unit's turn instead.

The game generally runs very smoothly, but these small errors can totally foul things up. Anytime a unit is moved, or left where they are, and they end their turn without taking an action, you should be able to undo that.

ggx2ac

Well, at least someone was satisfied:

Isao Moriyasu, President and CEO of DeNA. "We are satisfied with the performance of Fire Emblem Heroes, a title from the Nintendo Alliance, and we plan to continue our initiatives to grow existing titles as well as release new ones."

From DeNA's earnings results.

Mupod

I'd take reports from users claiming to be unfairly banned with a grain of salt. Cheaters never admit to it.

Now my friend who plays this, and got me into it, has no way to play it other than an emulator. I know he hasn't cheated at all. If he gets banned that'll be a huge part of my interest in the game gone honestly, he's the only person I talk to outside this thread about it.

ggx2ac

Armored units are just stupid on the defensive tiles

I've had stupid enemy AI.

The arena stage of the oasis with the water in the middle, my flying units were on one side of the water with my other units behind them on land.

The enemy AI keeps going towards the water instead of around it since they can't cross it. Since my fliers have drag back, I kill them and move back a space and the AI is still positioned next to the water instead of going around it.

They were just sitting ducks in the end.

I'm stongly tempted to promote Anna only due to the fact she is my fact FE character but a 5* Xander, Fae or Jeorge is tempting. Problem is I'm not 100% sure I want to *5 an Archer like him, I already have a good green axe unit in Spring Chrom whereas Fae would fill a unique niche.

evangd007

Sapphire Lance+
Swap
Bonfire (only because her IVs are +DEF/-RES; otherwise I'd probably run Luna)
Fury 3
Lancebreaker 3
Hone Fliers

Catria and Bunmilla are both running Fortify Fliers. Palla, my fourth, runs Goad Fliers. It's rare that I have the opportunity to use all four in arena though.

My Hinoka is +spd -atk because of course she is, just like Ike and Eldigan. Guess that makes sapphire lance even more of a necessity on mine.

Mupod

I don't see them being a problem under the AI's control, as they are easy to avoid. And the ones people tend to use have bad Res even with the extra 30% - super Linde was able to one shot a 5* distant counter/wary fighter Zephiel standing on a defense tile.

You could probably build a unit that'd be nigh invincible on one though. Sheena may have a godawful attack stat, but her def and res are massive and she comes with a killer weapon. With Bonfire, Distant counter, quick riposte and Fortify/Ward armor she could probably withstand and counter kill just about anything.

Case in point, https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ just updated with defense tile calculations. I put a +res -spd Sheena with goad/ward armor on a defense tile and she was able to survive being doubled by a fully buffed +atk Tharja.

I think the defensive tiles greatly benefit the user controlled team. AI can be baited off the tile. Also a few of the maps you can open by moving your character onto a defensive tile and bait a ranged unit to attack you from a regular tile. That's pretty generous.

Sushen

I think AI is never designed to be as good as human players. Instead, providing decent challenges without being overly difficult would be the intention I can see.

Anyway, I got Julia for my 2nd account (f2p) with only 9 orbs while 200+ orbs for the main (money spent) got me just Peri. This silly game plays game on me, although I'm not complaining about Julia.

Mupod

So he bought a banned account or the account was banned afterwards​?

I'm guessing they bought the account because it was advertised as having certain characters, but the seller cheated to get it resulting in a ban.

Like I said, every time I see an 'I was unfairly banned' post I instantly assume they are full of shit. Not saying it's never happened, hell I once had my steam account suspended for no reason and silently reinstated. But it's always been a great source of amusement for me when devs show up and call them on their bullshit, I remember Bungie used to do it a lot after ban waves.

Just hoping this is the case here and emulator users have nothing to worry about, but Nintendo does Nintendo.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I kinda like how the defensive tiles help counteract the oneshot-oriented meta. It makes more sense to have some sustainability in your units now.

Did a full pull with the new orbs and got... 4* Lilina? That's better than nothing, I guess. Banner characters continue to elude me.

Ran into my first Horse Emblem team and somehow won. I missed Wings of Mercy on Rein, but thankfully he attacked Nowi when he flew in, who happened to be the only person on my team who even had a chance of surviving. She did, and I ended up winning.

Kuga

My Hinoka is +spd -atk because of course she is, just like Ike and Eldigan. Guess that makes sapphire lance even more of a necessity on mine.

Well, -ATK certainly isn't going to do you any favors with Brave Lance+.

I use Sapphire Lance+ and Lancebreaker 3 to make the most use of her "bulky" stats with Fury 3 (which are 41HP/38+12ATK/35SPD/32DEF/24RES - 38 DEF / 30 RES after fortify fliers). She absolutely walls and murders almost every single red unit while Lancebreaker helps her deal with Blue Melee units if necessary. There are plenty of good options for her B-Skill, though

My concern with Brave Lance+ is that it puts her at 30SPD - meaning she ends up doubled by almost all speedy heroes. 35 gives her much more of a fighting shot since very few heroes can reach 40+ SPD without buffs (and the AI isn't complex enough to abuse positioning). Your Hinoka can reach 38SPD with Fury so that is even better.

Silver Lance+ is also an option but IMO Sapphire Lance+ has more value. Especially since Bunmilla outright deletes almost every non-red unit after +6/+6/+6/+6.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

As others have pointed out, the game provides you with a solution for this. If you choose not to use that solution, then I dunno... you don't have much room to complain. Besides, it "slows" the game down by fractions of a second for each move. I switched to this method of input and it's been great.

I think the defensive tiles greatly benefit the user controlled team. AI can be baited off the tile. Also a few of the maps you can open by moving your character onto a defensive tile and bait a ranged unit to attack you from a regular tile. That's pretty generous.

I fought my first all-armor opponent in arena today. On a defensive tile, I would do very little damage... but you can just bait them off the tile easily. I think the defensive tiles are there for the player's benefit more than anything, at least on most of the maps.

I kinda like how the defensive tiles help counteract the oneshot-oriented meta. It makes more sense to have some sustainability in your units now.

It still is except the unit on the tile takes vastly reduced damage.

There's nothing strategic about the map with 4 defensive tiles in the middle. Just a clusterfudge of units not doing all that much damage to each other

kewlmyc

Did a full pull with the new orbs and got... 4* Lilina? That's better than nothing, I guess. Banner characters continue to elude me.

Ran into my first Horse Emblem team and somehow won. I missed Wings of Mercy on Rein, but thankfully he attacked Nowi when he flew in, who happened to be the only person on my team who even had a chance of surviving. She did, and I ended up winning.

Depends on how you see it. Counter and/or armored units seem to be the new craze now which is worse imo since the game is pretty much "run to the defensive tiles with your armored units as fast as you can" now. Switched my defense team to counter/armored units + a dancer and got 3 defensive kills in one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom