• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Arvis and Reptor are highly prominent characters in FE4. They are Barons so they have access to all weapon types, but are primarily sages wielding crusader tomes.

interesting, thanks. although from the looks of it they'd be pretty far down on the list for upcoming units?

champloo

The FE Discord (linked in the OP) has been hard at work to vote on and create its own tier list since we found the other ones don't really adapt to the current metagame environment frequently enough.

Please feel free to comment and discuss. We want this to be the collective product of the FE GAF community and changes will be voted on every week.

Thank you very much in advance for your contributions!

Interesting list. According to this, I have 4 S-tier units on the bench, all of them with good IV(+atk Eirika, +spd Ryoma*2, +spd Olivia, +atk Hector), yet I'm running 2 A-tier and a B-tier as my main team(Nowi, Kagero, Frederick). I was too comfortable with my team to make any changes, but maybe I could do something to improve..

Vena

The FE Discord (linked in the OP) has been hard at work to vote on and create its own tier list since we found the other ones don't really adapt to the current metagame environment frequently enough.

Please feel free to comment and discuss. We want this to be the collective product of the FE GAF community and changes will be voted on every week.

A lot of blood and tears went into this list. But I think we did a good job. Also do note we tried to really use a proper scale here with C being average/meh with no real exceptional qualities but nothing outright bad.

We reserved D for units who are so badly spread or with such poor stats in general that they are simply unusable in their color/weapon. We also really fought over S/A/B and some units were especially divisive.

Anything in S needed very, very good arguments and support from everyone involved.

Theosmeo

I don't want to be a jerk but I'm a little skeptical of the list so far because Eirika is top tier but S. Camilla isn't. They're both insanely good but with a team built around them yet Eirika is higher? I'd understand them both being A or both being S+ but both?

Also Nowi should be above Lucina at least. I'm in the discord but haven't participated much, this voting seems really hectic.

Surprised at Ninian, Nowi and Bunny Camilla being A only. It's hard to do a list like that, though. Some units are definitely better than A but they need a lot of investments to be considered high tiers. Like Zephiel is B but with what I did to my Zephiel, he is really close to a Red Hector.

Vena

Surprised at Ninian, Nowi and Bunny Camilla being A only. It's hard to do a list like that, though. Some units are definitely better than A but they need a lot of investments to be considered high tiers. Like Zephiel is B but with what I did to my Zephiel, he is really close to a Red Hector.

Zephiel doesn't have a free QR2 (Armads is just a really, really good weapon and propels Hector in S, vs. a mediocre Ecksacks with a C-slot skill which just isn't anything special all in all on such a slow unit) for a much coveted B-slot on top of being able to run Wary Fighter. Hector is the only armor that reaches S, and few can even reach A.

Ninian is not S because Ninian sucks at anything but support, her enemy phase is just piss poor. She has a weakness to Red because of Falchion, rendering her ability to tank key reds mute, and she's also too slow and frail to tank many of the good reds anyway without an investment into TA3 AND Swordbreaker making her simply worse than Azura.

SCamilla needs an entire flier emblem team and is slow as sin.

I don't want to be a jerk but I'm a little skeptical of the list so far because Eirika is top tier but S. Camilla isn't. They're both insanely good but with a team built around them yet Eirika is higher? I'd understand them both being A or both being S+ but both?

Also Nowi should be above Lucina at least. I'm in the discord but haven't participated much, this voting seems really hectic.

Look at Eirika's stats, her only deficit is her attack (partially mitigated by 16mt weapon) and an amazing buff bot with an excellent speed tier. SCamilla is in a garbage speed tier.

Getting into S tier for our list was *very hard* as can be told by the lack of more than handful of units there. There needed to be a solid argument put forth, articulated, and defended for anything in S.

McNum

To add on why Ninian is the only not-S dancer... If you do that build with Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker to make her durable enough to fight swords and not die instantly to Lucina. If you spend all those slots and all that SP, you'll have a unit that's about as good as stock Azura. And then Azura gets to add skills. The best Ninian is equal to the standard Azura. That's why we couldn't have them in the same tier. Ninian is still good, but Azura does her job better.

That's actually a recurring theme with this list. Ryoma does Ike's job better. Takumi and Virion have very similar stats, but Takumi's bow makes him a tier better, and in the red mages, Henry is D because Sophia can take his things and do them better than him.

Theosmeo

Zephiel doesn't have a free QR2 (Armads is just a really, really good weapon and propels Hector in S, vs. a mediocre Ecksacks with a C-slot skill which just isn't anything special all in all on such a slow unit) for a much coveted B-slot on top of being able to run Wary Fighter. Hector is the only armor that reaches S, and few can even reach A.

Ninian is not S because Ninian sucks at anything but support, her enemy phase is just piss poor. She has a weakness to Red because of Falchion, rendering her ability to tank key reds mute, and she's also too slow and frail to tank many of the good reds anyway without an investment into TA3 AND Swordbreaker making her simply worse than Azura.

Look at Eirika's stats, her only deficit is her attack (partially mitigated by 16mt weapon) and an amazing buff bot with an excellent speed tier. SCamilla is in a garbage speed tier.

Getting into S tier for our list was *very hard* as can be told by the lack of more than handful of units there. There needed to be a solid argument put forth, articulated, and defended for anything in S.

But poor attack is a big problem, Eirika is the only unit up there that I consider doesn't deserve to be up there because even though she has good speed can buff +7 without expending her turn action, every horse and flier can buff +12 with better mobility. Eirika is good and I think she has a place next to Lucina even but she has a lot of bias from the community and this just seems like more of that

Yea it's good arguments. The list makes more sense to me when I just put the S-/A+ in the S tier. At first with just a quick look, the 2 tiers difference between some characters is huge but it's more like a ~1.5 tier difference with what you guys did with the S-/A+.

Vena

But poor attack is a big problem, Eirika is the only unit up there that I consider doesn't deserve to be up there because even though she has good speed can buff +7 without expending her turn action, every horse and flier can buff +12 with better mobility. Eirika is good and I think she has a place next to Lucina even but she has a lot of bias from the community and this just seems like more of that

My basis is this: Eirika can be slotted into any team and she automatically makes that team simply better, her weapon is an excellent buff. She effectively checks her own color (Swordbreaker) and Green with her speed and solid bulk which make up for her weaker offensive stats.

We deliberate hard with her and her brother, but Ephraim was too slow/low res for S and we knocked him down to A.

still lucina > xander is just pure madness.
and almost all dragons in the same tier feels wrong.

why

I mean if anything Fae should be the highest dragon now, but she certainly isn't S tier (no dragon is, arguably Ninian but losing to Lucina without Swordbreaker is well....bad, and in general her offense is worse)

champloo

To be fair, Ninian has access to built in Distant Counter which Azura lacks, and she is tankier than Azura when not facing Falchion.
One interesting build for her I've encountered is to stack on HP, with skill and seal her HP reaches 50+, which was quite a surprise.

Vena

To be fair, Ninian has access to built in Distant Counter which Azura lacks, and she is tankier than Azura when not facing Falchion.
One interesting build for her I've encountered is to stack on HP, with skill and seal her HP reaches 50+, which was quite a surprise.

We discussed this to but the problem was... what does LB+ on Ninian check or matter? No one runs red mages, effectively, so she's basically not going to be countering much of anything with that weapon to be meaningful.

Theosmeo

My basis is this: Eirika can be slotted into any team and she automatically makes that team simply better, her weapon is an excellent buff. She effectively checks her own color (Swordbreaker) and Green with her speed and solid bulk which make up for her weaker offensive stats.

We deliberate hard with her and her brother, but Ephraim was too slow/low res for S and we knocked him down to A.

http://imgur.com/gallery/vmYe2

I know that's over simplifying things because most units aren't meta, specific units have specific builds, and Eph won't be nearly as lethal when out of QR health but it seems like he's much stronger outside of buffing and doesn't even have to decide whether or not to rally to be effective on his superior phase. Speed is important but only for some units, sure Julia will destroy him but he KILLS Linde if she attacks him when both have optimal SI. According to this list Linde is one of the best mages as well.

champloo

We discussed this to but the problem was... what does LB+ on Ninian check or matter? No one runs red mages, effectively, so she's basically not going to be countering much of anything with that weapon to be meaningful.

Ninian can bait and kill some archers with Lightning breath, red mages are rare but it's nice to have an easy answer when they show up. Also Reinhardt, she can actually survive him, even kill him on counterattack with specific builds(LB+, Reprisal, Fury). It's not very clean, but still, not many can survive Reinhardt.

Muramasa

So who do we assume will be the best character for getting feathers from the gauntlet assuming the distribution doesn't change? Robin?
i am tending to go with henry. saving feathers for the finals. the finals have now different rewards than the other. I didnt calc yet.

champloo

So who do we assume will be the best character for getting feathers from the gauntlet assuming the distribution doesn't change? Robin?

Robin seems to be the consensus choice, but with changes to the scoring system, we'll see how it actually turns out. Gonna pick Leo myself.

Elieson

Neo Member

First off:

Eirika in S but Nino in SA? Nino defines infantry blade running and has humongous stats to boot. Eirika's best purpose is to serve as a Nino support but she on her own isn't exactly an incredible unit built for combat. If Eirika is a tier above Nino, there's something wrong. They should at -least- be equal.

Est should really be a tier lower than Hinoka. She's a discount Hinoka in like every stat sans Res. Why are they in the same tier, when Cordy is a tier higher?

Last, I think I'd lump M!Robin into BC over B, giving him the edge over F!Robin. Why? M!Robin can obtain natures, which gives him a higher threshold for combat or safety (+Atk makes him automatically better than F!Robin, basically).

Ninian can bait and kill some archers with Lightning breath, red mages are rare but it's nice to have an easy answer when they show up. Also Reinhardt, she can actually survive him, even kill him on counterattack with specific builds(LB+, Reprisal, Fury). It's not very clean, but still, not many can survive Reinhardt.

Azura can check archers and red mages with Distant Counter....also Fury+Reprisal? Even with that weird combo Ninian needs +HP, +res, or HP seal to survive a Death Blow +atk +1 atk seal Reinhardt.

Est should really be a tier lower than Hinoka. She's a discount Hinoka in like every stat sans Res. Why are they in the same tier, when Cordy is a tier higher?

That's just a problem with tiers not being ordered, Cordelia was borderline A/B tier and Hinoka>Est but not enough for a tier gap.

PK Gaming

This list is pretty solid. I've got a couple of suggestions, though:

• Put Julia in S due to her ability to hard counter Reindhart/Linde for free and provide Dragon slaying.
  • Put Nino in S for her Bladetome set. Tharja should be in SA.
  • Put Nowi in S due to her ability to invalidate red units and check ranged units.
  • Hot Tiki is roughly on par with Young Tiki despite having a lower stat total; Hot Tiki is way stronger and better on physical Defense, and Green Tomebreaker set lets her counter Nino, Cecilia and Julia (in addition to just rolling physical Green units). One could argue that Young Tiki is still better, but not by a whole tier.
  • Put CorrinF in A since her speedy tank set is pretty fantastic in the current metagame.
  • Put Kagero in S-/A+ tier, since the Life and Death set with Vantage is disgustingly potent.
  • Sharena is a solid A tier unit. She needs very little help to succeed, has a solid kit and her legendary weapon is pretty great.
There are a couple of other placements i'd like to change as well, but those are the main ones that come to mind.

Muramasa

checking a color they are strong against is not S tier. S tier is for me checking same color and some dissadvantage color.
and starting trio should not be A tier. No merge possibility and no boon/bane sucks in a meta where people can be +10 levels

Krorg

Before I use the feathers I want to make sure I upgrade the best ones. So how is +spd and -hp for Tharja, and which Eirika is best out of a +spd -res, +atk -def, and +atk -hp?

champloo

Azura can check archers and red mages with Distant Counter....also Fury+Reprisal? Even with that weird combo Ninian needs +HP, +res, or HP seal to survive a Death Blow +atk +1 atk seal Reinhardt.

Running Distant Counter means Azura needs to give up an important A skill, not really worth it?

Also you gave Reinhardt the benefits of IV and seal, why left Ninian out? Even without hp seal or +hp nature, there are still Fort/Spur Res.

anyway, I'm not saying Ninian is better than Azura(although I like Ninian better), but rather she is not inferior.

Defensive squares are the worst thing to happen in this game.

Went from almost never getting a death in a run to "Oh, wow. Look, no way to actual measure stats in a meaningful way."

HoodWinked

I never noticed the Grand Hero Battle quests until now. I could have missed getting some free orbs.

this is only the 2nd time they've had quests attached to the grand hero battles. the orbs usually require you to use a specific hero to KO the boss in lunatic difficulty.

lol that was an arena streak filled with low scores, but 4804 is probably still good enough anyway (and with the flag quests I might just get a better score later anyway)

ggx2ac

this is only the 2nd time they've had quests attached to the grand hero battles. the orbs usually require you to use a specific hero to KO the boss in lunatic difficulty.

I meant to say I never noticed Ursula's ones. I did get the other ones for when you could get an extra robin and Navarre but I ignored Ursula.

casiopao

I mean....first update was "only" 2:1, Linde actually has a chance with the rubber band stuff.....honestly I expected Tharja to pull a Camilla but she's not even close to that.

How does the multiplier work this time?O_O I remember them saying the lower we are, the bigger the multiplier is working right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom