• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

I have been very impressed with Serra's healing. Is there one who is considered better than her? Tempted to turn her into a 5*.

Heal spells are flat numbers so any healer can get any heal and do the same. I won't recommend 5*ing a healer though, kinda a waste of feathers.

Tripon

I wouldn't care about offensive healers, I just want them to be good enough that the CPU thinks twice about picking at my healers first when I'm in Arena.

Meier

Heal spells are flat numbers so any healer can get any heal and do the same. I won't recommend 5*ing a healer though, kinda a waste of feathers.

I guess it's just her skills then -- she can heal 20 very quickly (countdown is only 2) which has been super nice. I guess once I unlock Recover the cooldown will be longer but that will be 15/30.

Can Team Robin please chill and stop winning for a moment so we can get the 3x multiplier =_=

A close match is annoying because nobody gets the multiplier.

Forgot that we need to use 2 Crests per quest period and have less time to get the harder quests like win with a Colorless. My defensive Arena team has Nowi as leader and they paired me with Nowi 3 times so far. Coincidence or I just put a Colorless as my leader to get 5 wins for the quest?

Hmm actually, I just realized the best play for the less popular teams is technically do absolutely nothing until the very end because it lowers the gap required to trigger the 3x multiplier....too bad that's not happening lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hmm actually, I just realized the best play for the less popular teams is technically do absolutely nothing until the very end because it lowers the gap required to trigger the 3x multiplier....too bad that's not happening lol
I'm actually just gonna hold off on Team Merric for now to wait for exactly that to happen.

But at this rate, I think Merric might actually have a shot at winning.

Dammit Merric, you're supposed to lose!

Mupod

shit, I assumed Linde would be losing the entire time and used 100 flags without looking. We were ranked as 'same'. Oh well.

I also forgot that I'd need to burn a ton of duel crests to get max flags for this event. Good in that I can improve my score, but bad in that I already used some this week.

Ran into something I'd never seen - a merged Effie with Distant Counter/Wary Fighter/Threaten Def and a Heavy Spear+. Still not an issue as my Hector is +DEF and of course there were defense tiles to use, but she would've just barely one shotted Linde. Incidentally, quick riposte + enough speed to double a unit means that Wary Fighter gets negated apparently.

Akuun

I think I can pitch in on this QR beating Wary Fighter thing. I think I've seen my QR Nowi double Effie on a counterattack. It's just dicey to do because Effie hits like a truck.

I'm actually slightly less scared of Distant Counter on Effie in a way, because it means she doesn't have Death Blow. Probably screws over mage-heavy teams, though.

Erheller

I've spent over 400 orbs trying to get an Ike, and I finally pulled one today.

It's +RES/-ATK

This is a trash game for bad people

Sushen

I've spent over 400 orbs trying to get an Ike, and I finally pulled one today.

It's +RES/-ATK

This is a trash game for bad people
I hear you as my experience has been the same. There is nothing worse than spending big for no/bad returns. I'm going back to pull 20 orbs when I have enough routine and I feel better about it.

Since I can't control, I'll take whatever shit the game throws at me, I guess.

Pejo

Tharja is the only one of the units I have for the ladies' side, so I picked her. Going to try to finish her off to level 40 so I can use her as my friend unit. Will use Kagero in the meantime to crush a lot of these infantry mages.

lt519

My new Fae and Rein team only scored 8 more than my Nino/Robin team in the arena. Need to get Fae an A skill and throw some junk on my vanilla Zeph of I want to boost that.

But I have to say it was an much easier perfect streak. The multitude of Hector's out there is awesome since they are so easy to isolate and take down. They were doing 1 damage to Zeph on a tile.

casiopao

I didn't do Chapter 10 Hard! That's 5 more orbs!

I'm at 4.5% on the Ike banner, I gotta keep trying for SOMETHING

......That False Hope lol. I wasted 60 gem hoping for another 5 Star during Hero Fest and got trash. And i wasted a single pull for Linde. Never get greedy with the percentage.^^

Akuun

I'm glad I friended this whale I ran into somewhere.

He's lending out a +10 Hector in these gauntlets. It's hilarious to move him up a few spaces, hit End Turn a few times, and win.

Thanks, whale Hector guy.

Akuun

I take back what I said about arena being easier. These tiles and maps are making things really fucking hard, especially if you run into merged units.

It's really something when Nowi does 0 damage to fucking Azura when both are on defense tiles. Or sometimes you see Ike with 42 speed or a Subaki with 51 attack and then suddenly you have to play super carefully, even if you have units that normally counter them.

Replacing Nowi with Fae is starting to look better and better. Blue vs Blue just isn't so reliable when you're fighting merged units with unmerged ones.

Firemind

I got 10 defense wins now that I have Hector (with Wings of Mercy). Before I got three weeks with zero wins. Funny since I consider teams with Hector a free win.

Oxx

I just pulled two 5* Linde from the same set of orbs.

What do I do?

I haven't paid attention to all the IV/inheritance/merging stuff.

I'm glad I friended this whale I ran into somewhere.

He's lending out a +10 Hector in these gauntlets. It's hilarious to move him up a few spaces, hit End Turn a few times, and win.

Thanks, whale Hector guy.

Meanwhile the Hector I got last time didn't even have Distant Counter =_=

What do I do?

Well first you should compare their stats to each other to see which is better. After that it all depends on what you want to do with the character but I wouldn't suggest merging them yet.

Whizkid7

Haha. I finally bothered to check the IVs of the Hector and Takumi I pulled.

+SPD/-ATK Hector. I can't think of a worse combo, yet it's hilarious to see him hit 32 SPD with Hone. And he's been working so well for me regardless that I don't even care.

Takumi, though... -SPD/+DEF. Uck. My dreams of an all range counter team are shattered. He can hit the bench for Azura. Though he's still useful in his own right, Hone Speed puts him somewhere respectable.

I guess I'm just glad I don't put too much stock in IVs.

Scum

I got 10 defense wins now that I have Hector (with Wings of Mercy). Before I got three weeks with zero wins. Funny since I consider teams with Hector a free win.
I REALLY need to sit down and take a good look at team setup for Arena. Just not a big fan of PvP. 😂😂

lt519

Defensive wins still allude me (except one early this week), I'm beefing up an Azura with WoM3, hopefully she can surprise a few people.

Are you using a bonus character on your defensive team?

I guess I'm just glad I don't put too much stock in IVs.

Yeah, team synergy matters much much more than IV. IV is really for high end PvP whale play, us plebs don't need to be overly concerned about it. Its fun mental exercise but the times you actually need that better IV are slim to none where you can't just out maneuver the dumb AI.

Mupod

What do I do?

well, you could just post their stats here. I advise at least checking before you merge them before you regret it. For Linde, you probably want a faster one.

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/ is one option, or use the wiki at http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_List and make sure you subtract her weapon damage from the total stats.

Tripon

The only 5 star focus I got from Ike banner was Soren. Did get a 5 star Leo and Hawkeye though. Wasted about 80 orbs. Thanks game?

Firemind

Defensive wins still allude me (except one early this week), I'm beefing up an Azura with WoM3, hopefully she can surprise a few people.

Are you using a bonus character on your defensive team?
At first I didn't but then I found out about the new reward system so I swapped my dancer with 5* Titania and still got a win.

Vena

Just a heads up on the tier list we made on GAF discord, we've started adding explanatory blurbs to each character and why they are where they are (and brief use cases). Should help put some more transparent logic behind some decisions.

Theosmeo

Thanks.

Both are high speed. One is low DEF, the other low RES.

I'd use the low defense one, she's not gunna survive takumi, kagero, klien, or any other physical 2 rangers(only range she should be in). She'll be able to tank Tharja better with neutral res so that's a plus. Because Linde needs a weapon I'd advise leveling them both because of level up SP. If you level the -Res one and put good skills like barblade+ or LnD3 on her and merge her into the -DEF one the -Def will automatically learn those skills, which saves you time grinding for SP

Akuun

Isn't Linde still perfectly fine with her Aura tome? It's not like she NEEDS Blarblade to be functional right?

I thought Blarblade is just something that took her from "good blue mage" to "super nuke cannon".

Mupod

Thanks.

Both are high speed. One is low DEF, the other low RES.

Lucky as hell. I'd personally go for +spd -res. You might think otherwise with all the mages running around, but -def puts her in a dangerous place for Wary Fighter/Distant Counter users and those are becoming disturbingly common.

From there, the fury/desperation/moonbow cookie cutter build would work fine. Your Linde would outspeed damn near everything. The defense from Fury also helps a lot, from experience. I've been using her for quite some time now and I run into some weird shit, a lot of distant counter Zephiel lately in particular.

I invested in promoting an Odin and giving her a Blarblade+ tome. I also built my team with buffs for her. It seemed like overkill at the time but with Distant Counter everywhere, and defense tiles, it's been the best 20k feathers I could have spent. She reliably one shots merged Ryomas and Ikes of any level with no difficulty. She's still very deadly with her regular tome though.

Theosmeo

The only 5 star focus I got from Ike banner was Soren. Did get a 5 star Leo and Hawkeye though. Wasted about 80 orbs. Thanks game?

Dude, that's Death Blow 3 and Quick Riposte 3. Those are rare and amazing skills!

Isn't Linde still perfectly fine with her Aura tome? It's not like she NEEDS Blarblade to be functional right?

I thought Blarblade is just something that took her from "good blue mage" to "super nuke cannon".

Yeah but that just means that while taking her from good to optimal she'll be a good character. There's not much reason not to have it on her unless you want moonbow to proc on 2nd hit because you don't have a good buff system yet. Linde is still a threat with aura though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom