• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Robin is gonna be the overall gautlet winner right?

Tharja will win unless one team manages a god tier last hour snipe (theoretically possible since you only need 20k people to dump 2.4 billion votes, realistically....nah).

Also not really bold prediction: every match will end with the loser having ~90% of the winner's score.

Screenshot_2017-05-12-14-22-38.png

First time in a while I get a perfect run. Doesn't seem like it was enough to ger in tge top % of the tier tho :/

Mupod

hmm...I was curious and ran the numbers - a neutral res Fury Linde, when buffed with fortify res, would barely survive a typical arena Reinhardt up to +3 provided he had no attack buffs. So there's that argument for -def. I prefer a safer counterattacker though, I've had some nasty surprises when I trusted the damage calculator and something bonkers happened like a rally attack user got danced from across the map in order to rally someone.

also, the other reason I get skittish about -def is Vantage. You don't see close counter mages so you can always melee those to finish them. For dragons with lightning breath, Fae barely exists and I've never had a problem with Nowi. But you will never see a Ryoma that does not have Vantage. I typically one shot him but if you're running Aura then you might need to attack him twice.

First time in a while I get a perfect run. Doesn't seem like it was enough to ger in tge top % of the tier tho :/

it wouldn't be enough even in tier 14, and 15 has tougher competition. I need to get above 4810 myself to ensure I reach tier 17 and I don't know if I can.

Sushen

I thought in voting gauntlet, my team consists of units from my friends list. But I noticed it asked me to add the user of the units in my team to the friend list after the match. So it's all random?

I thought in voting gauntlet, my team consists of units from my friends list. But I noticed it asked me to add the user of the units in my team to the friend list after the match. So it's all random?

Not sure, thought it was one friend one random. It's weird, I get three variations of Nowi level 40 with, 90% of the time, a non-friend Anna level 1. Using level 1 Leo might mess it up a bit, though. 1/5 Colorless for the quest so far, same problem as always. Hoping to not have to lose bonus points by using my own.

Mupod

one unit is from your friends list. The other is a random unit from the character army you're supporting.

LOL was just wondering which basket I should put my eggs, because these past gauntlets seem like a popularity contest thing and Robin is the most recognizable of the bunch

tharja it is

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think it's one unit from a guy on your friends list, and one unit from a guy not on your friends list.

Friends are only if you're supporting the same character otherwise it's 2 randoms. So if you pick an unpopular character with a buddy its possible to always get paired up with them.

Unless you're the green unit, it's always that and colorless that take the longest to get the flags for aren't they :/

For some reason I kept getting paired with healers today a lot tho

Kar L

I've been seeing so many armors in arena this new week. Lots of distant counter Zephiels + Hector + Azura. Sometimes it can be really tricky if they both have pivot and use a fast moving nuke for a fourth.

I'm at 4,776 deathless, but might be able to improve to over 4800 with my current 5/7 streak.

lt519

Haven't used any flags yet but have done all the daily quests. Shouldn't have chose Robin, gonna hurt that I can't get the bonus for cumulative. Maybe in the final round he'll get stomped and I can time it well.

Leo not getting enough weak... Same, same, same, Strong. Henry did not even move into Strong after their last X3. Oh well, should be plenty of chance to use those flags against Robin.

Wiseblade

Man, Arena has become a real struggle. I had to burn 5 Dueling Swords and try 4 different teams just to get an imperfect 7-stream of ~4500. At least I'll get 4900-5000 feathers +3 orbs out of the ordeal.

My Defence Team of 4* Zephiel/Effie/Hector/4* Olivia finally got a win, too.

Theosmeo

Arena was hardest for me it had ever been, super glad I got lucky with my final 3 but like 5 streaks got ruined in the later half

casiopao

Damn no more Flag to spam.T_T IT seems Linde team is losing steam here.T_T Hope there are still some Linde guys which is saving some flag to be used during 3 times damage here.

casiopao

Guys. How good is +Atk -Def Lilina? My 4 Star just reached level 40 and i am pondering on making her into 5 Star for my first 5 Star red mage lol.^^

Also any good build for her?

PK Gaming

Guys. How good is +Atk -Def Lilina? My 4 Star just reached level 40 and i am pondering on making her into 5 Star for my first 5 Star red mage lol.^^

Pretty great. +Atk is fantastic for her OHKO potential and -Def is a pretty irrelevant downside.

spiritfox

She's basically Sanaki with a shitty tome, so do whatever Sanaki does and grab a blade tome.

casiopao

Nice nice.^^

Guess Lilina would be my new 5 Star.^^ Then Sophia baby.^^ Go Go Roy waifu.^^

Raorblade is only from Tharja huh....Thats sad.T_T

DooD1234

Finally finished lvling a 5* Xander equipped with Fury 3 and Vantage 3 and holy shit with Hone and Fortify calvalry buffs, it is hilarious watching Tenth Statum enemies suicide into Xander. I'm ready for next Arena rotation with Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Ursula as my Pony Emblem team.

Sushen

Finally finished lvling a 5* Xander equipped with Fury 3 and Vantage 3 and holy shit with Hone and Fortify calvalry buffs, it is hilarious watching Tenth Statum enemies suicide into Xander. I'm ready for next Arena rotation with Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Ursula as my Pony Emblem team.
What's on Cecilia and Ursula? I won't have full skills ready for next week mostly due to lack of feathers.

spiritfox

I really should put Distant Counter on my +res Titania.

DooD1234

What's on Cecilia and Ursula? I won't have full skills ready for next week mostly due to lack of feathers.
I'm actually not sure what to put on B slot for Ursula and Cecilia. I just give both of them Death Blow since with regular blade tomes and Calvalry buffs, they kill everything in one hit anyways. I give both of them Draw back so they can pull each other out of danger and if the stage allow me, use it to bring them closer to a target for a kill. Haven't thought about what specials either since I'm basically out of SP by that point.

Mupod

finished a run and got 4806, 2 point improvement oh boy.

had one more sword, next run starts off with a piss easy 694 team. Where were these guys before, shit.

I got my -Atk Hinoka to level 40 and man she stinks. Gave her triangle advantage and she still can't kill some reds. Her skill set is awful aside from hone fliers so she'd need a compete overhaul anyway. Not sure who I should have inherit the skill since it's so rare.

Any suggestions, flier bros?

I am at 3 victories from a 4835 points or so in Arena. Way out of my league, I am used to 4776 or so. My Zephiel/Hector/Effie took out a team with Linde+5 and such with ease. However, I see one Reindhardt and my streak is over.

My biggest problem right now is that I struggled at first to get the hang of my team and I can't remember if I got this good streak using Elise as my 4th to heal back my characters into Wary Fighter zone or if I used Ninian to improve further my chances of right positioning and occasional double attack. How do you go about forgetting that? :/

Theosmeo

I got my -Atk Hinoka to level 40 and man she stinks. Gave her triangle advantage and she still can't kill some reds. Her skill set is awful aside from hone fliers so she'd need a compete overhaul anyway. Not sure who I should have inherit the skill since it's so rare.

Maybe plop her hone fliers and brave lance+ on that free Catria we got?

macklelol

To quote myself from before:
Use that bad Hinoka and give a +Atk Est a Brave Lance+ and Hone Fliers!
or just give Hone Fliers to anyone else.

I'm half serious about that suggestion
because I did that very thing myself.

What other fliers do you have?

Holy crap my last gauntlet battle... Friendly Kagero took out opposing Nino, but both she and Takumi were taken out by opposing Reinhardt + Azura combo.

All that was left was my Robin and for a second I had resigned myself to losing my match but hooooo boy, the two skills I gave him came in clutch: Vantage 3 & Ignis.

Total comeback as both Reinhardt & Azura had full life bars.

I'm half serious about that suggestion
because I did that very thing myself.

What other fliers do you have?

Ew Est

Nothing noteworthy. I've got a +Atk Cordelia who'd be pretty monstrous with death blow. Have a similar Cherche as well but no Brave Axe+ in stock. My Michalis is 5 star and kitted out pretty well. Also have a +Spd Palla which could get decently fast buffed up along with Fury

No matter what it's going to be very expensive getting this team up to snuff. I could do horse emblem for much cheaper.

spiritfox

Ew Est

Nothing noteworthy. I've got a +Atk Cordelia who'd be pretty monstrous with death blow. Have a similar Cherche as well but no Brave Axe+ in stock. My Michalis is 5 star and kitted out pretty well. Also have a +Spd Palla which could get decently fast buffed up along with Fury

No matter what it's going to be very expensive getting this team up to snuff. I could do horse emblem for much cheaper.

If you want to run Flier Emblem it's be good to have Hone Fliers on someone. So keep Hinoka until you get someone you want to replace her then transfer Hone Fliers to them.

ggx2ac

I'm happy for you dude, but even I think that's way too far.

Anyway, did this for the last banner so might as well make another one for reference purposes.

a6pGU57.jpg

Wait a minute, Wrathful Staff 3?

I thought it would have been a one level skill like drag back, knock back, lunge etc.

Well, I finally beat Defensive Battle 5 on Hard with a Colorless ally.

That was sooo damn hard! I spent two whole Stamina Potions redoing my strategy and switching out units. I even did a small bit of Skill inheritance. There's obviously multiple ways to do this, but I'll give you all one crucial tip: offense is the best defense.

You will need a lot of skills and buffs that boost speed and attack, because the enemies are bulky as hell. If more than two units are left standing, it's over. I actually got to the point where the fliers weren't even a threat because of how empty I was keeping the field.

I know that I could have skipped this, and I was really considering that due to my past attempts. But I'm glad I persevered. I still haven't done the quests associated with the Ursula GHB on Lunatic. I obtained all three copies of Ursula, but those two Orbs would be nice to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom