• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Did they announce orbs for voting gauntlet if we excees X amount of points?

Yes, nothing has changed from that part in the announcement of the previous gauntlet:

.eJwVzMsNwyAMANBdGADzcwrZBhFEkEKMsHuqsnvb6zu8j3qvS-3qFJm8AxydC61Ds9DKrepG1K6aZ2ddaEAWyeUc9RYG97IbOu8SGmNCCiaCty75GLaAFjFG-6M-_s28m3q-vh0hyw.cDQ99ts5VneUqWDZds2ekMaC-9c

Mupod

I love how they keep pretending badges mean anything.

I feel like the longer they wait to add a real use for badges, the more absurd the price will be for the eventual 'money sink' they add. It's something that always annoys the hell out of me in MMOs and other types of online game, even if I'm not specifically the new player being screwed over.

Anyways, in past gauntlets if you got 3 of one hero it was bad news. Getting 3 Lindes is just a race to see who murders the other team first. It's great. Wasn't expecting there to be this much competition though, maybe should've went Henry or Merric.

I might just switch to Robin for round 2 and spend nothing, then blow 2 rounds worth on the final. It's annoying waiting for the 3x losing bonus to pop up though.

Sushen

Test driving my work in progress horse emblem. Getting ursula achievements was breeze, but running without Azura takes getting used to.

Busaiku

Uhh, how do I get the bonus points?
I used the bonus characters on the Arena banner, as well as one of the Heroes from the Gauntlet itself (Linde).

Maybe I missed one with my night of sleep but I only seen Leo get X3 once since it started. Henry got it a few times but it does not bring him to Stronger. Would appreciate at least another X3 for Leo today.

Uhh, how do I get the bonus points?
I used the bonus characters on the Arena banner, as well as one of the Heroes from the Gauntlet itself (Linde).

For the Gauntlet you need to use the character from the team you're in.

bigzgod

Welp. Pulled 5 of 5* Tharja, didn't get Linde or Julia.

Oh well.

At least my arena team has a half dozen successful defenses so I don't have to worry about that

As we get closer to the last minute, I can see having to run triple Leo (I'm in team Leo), as people trying to get more points. That'll be interesting.

The bonus only applies if he's your own character and doesn't need to be in your defense leader spot so there's no reason why people trying to get more points would mean getting 3x army leaders.

Honestly, having the army leader as your avatar character is a complete waste. That slot is better served by a unit to either complement the leader or to help others complete their flag missions.

Mupod

Gauntlet matchmaking is pure trash, they just gave my an all red team against two Lindes and a Ike, fuck this bullshit.

the best bet is to go in with the lowest level version of the army's leader. Then it gives you a level 40 Hector or something from your friends list and makes you fight level 2s.

oddly enough last time I only had level 40 4* Camillas, but they matched me against level 20-ish 5* characters when I used one.

Achtius

the best bet is to go in with the lowest level version of the army's leader. Then it gives you a level 40 Hector or something from your friends list and makes you fight level 2s.

oddly enough last time I only had level 40 4* Camillas, but they matched me against level 20-ish 5* characters when I used one.

using lvl 1 henry, they give me lvl 1s, and i fight against lvl 1s

Kar L

Team Leo has had exactly one hour to use triple bonus flags in this matchup. I've spent 400 flags and only dropped to rank ~2000 after sleeping. It's looking to be a win for Leo in round 1.

Team Leo has had exactly one hour to use triple bonus flags in this matchup. I've spent 400 flags and only dropped to rank ~2000 after sleeping. It's looking to be a win for Leo in round 1.

Leo has had 3, Tharja/Julia 2, Robin 1

It's amusing how joining winning teams punishes you in score, though this mostly applies to the final.

Ekid

Thinking about it some people may have been screwed by timezone. Because if one leader is significantly more popular in his match it means he will only get the x3 bonus one or two times at the beginning of the round and never after, so if you miss the window you won't be able to catch up to those who used their flags during that time.

People who picked Tharja and are sleeping at the beginning of each round will miss on a lot of feathers.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Path of Radiance?
Nintendo made a mistake lol

Anyways. I don't like the Gauntlet. You get nothing by Red units. I'm dead if one blue shows up.

Zafir

As a Team Robin picker, I gave up on this gauntlet round quite a while ago.

Serves me right for not reading the rule changes before I picked, I guess. *sighs*

Roman

Anyways. I don't like the Gauntlet. You get nothing by Red units. I'm dead if one blue shows up.

If you use a level 1 army leader, it pairs you against level 1-3 opponents but your allies will most likely be level 40 because it's forced to pick from your friends list leaders.
This way you completely trivialize the battling portion of the gauntlet.

Meanwhile, Team Merric is a bonus ride that almost never stops (courtesy of this thread):

If I had Leo I would pick him next, but I'll most likely go with Robin.

explodet

Guess how many had staves equipped.
"You almost healed me to death that time!"

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/863272610926387200

NoA tweeted a pic of FEH Ike but it looks like they may have accidentally outed a Path of Radiance remake? "Fire Emblem Echoes: Path of Radiance".

Could be a typo/mistake, though.
I'm leaning towards mistake, myself. But hey, I wouldn't turn down a PoR remake.
Though I bet this time around they'll make some hard nerfs to units.

lt519

Spent 22k on 5* Xander with Ignis from 4* Henry. So far my track record with spending feathers hasn't been great, but I hope this is a step towards Pony Emblem already having Reinhardt. I never use my Nowi or Kagero that I spent feathers on. Plenty of use out of my 5* Olivia though.

Jims

Meanwhile, Team Merric is a bonus ride that almost never stops (courtesy of this thread):

The Merric ride has been amazing. Put up a score of 462,000 in the first round, no effort. Bonus multipliers constantly. Still only Rank 1300 with 110 flags left, everyone in Team Merric got really fat in Round 1, lol.

Next round is going to be a problem, because I only have Merric, Robin, and Tharja on my roster. May have to skip spending flags on Robin in round 2 (or selectively find times when x3 shows up) and then boost when he loses to Tharja in the finals.

evangd007

First perfect run in awhile, 4736. I've seen the light. Flier emblem is love, flier emblem is life.

Now if I could only get a defense.

Muramasa

Spent 22k on 5* Xander with Ignis from 4* Henry. So far my track record with spending feathers hasn't been great, but I hope this is a step towards Pony Emblem already having Reinhardt. I never use my Nowi or Kagero that I spent feathers on. Plenty of use out of my 5* Olivia though.
nah.. kagero and nowi are still great... i spent 40k afterthe first gauntlet on female corrin and Robin. Never used them since skill inheritance

Kar L

How would you guys build a +spd / -res Kagero? There are so many different options.

I have five other heroes that are better candidates for Fury 3 + Vantage 3. I also have an extra Swift Sparrow 2.

Muramasa

How would you guys build a +spd / -res Kagero? There are so many different options.

I have five other heroes that are better candidates for Fury 3 + Vantage 3. I also have an extra Swift Sparrow 2.
darting blow 3 +desperation 3+ ardent sacrifice works if you dont want to invest heavily.

woopWOOP

Okay so if I'm understanding this right, the triple score bonus is a temporary thing in the voting gauntlet to pull the losing side back into the race and it activates every now and then for just one hour?

lt519

nah.. kagero and nowi are still great... i spent 40k afterthe first gauntlet on female corrin and Robin. Never used them since skill inheritance

Yeah, they just never seem to fit my team composition since I predominately run blue mages I don't really need Nowi and I prefer Jaffar over Kagero.

We'll see how this one turns out. Lately I've honestly just been spending feathers on 3* characters to get their 4* skills for inheritance. I gave Xander Quick Riposte 2 but need to pick a good A skill still. I plan on giving him a Calvary buff from Jagen or Gunter.

Muramasa

Okay so if I'm understanding this right, the triple score bonus is a temporary thing in the voting gauntlet to pull the losing side back into the race and it activates every now and then for just one hour?
yep scoring updates at xx:00 hour and if the one team losing strong enough (i dont know the percentage) it gets the boost.

chaosyn

yep scoring updates at xx:00 hour and if the one team losing strong enough (i dont know the percentage) it gets the boost.

I think it's 10% difference in the scores. Saw the number mentioned somewhere, and it seems about right from following the Henry/Leo matchup.

Sushen

My current pony emblem has Ursula in it and I wonder if I should switch her out for Leo. I have Reinhardt for blue mage role. Hmm. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom