• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Starting to put together a Calvary Emblem team:
Gtpbd3k.png

40k Feathers invested so far for Xander and Reinhart. I'm training up Ursula just to try and get that extra orb from the GHB quests. Trying to get more level 40 heroes in general, I do not have that many at the moment.

Muramasa

Starting to put together a Calvary Emblem team:

40k Feathers invested so far for Xander and Reinhart. I'm training up Ursula just to try and get that extra orb from the GHB quests. Trying to get more level 40 heroes in general, I do not have that many at the moment.
but axe breaker on Xander is a waste. he takes 0 damage from most axes anyway.

Fought the same team setup today too. It's becoming popular it seems.

That's what I am running on defense and offense but with Ninian. Pretty effective, close to 20 victories on Defense and 4740 on Offense. However, if I want to keep the Distant Counter 3 colors armor team, next week would be no dancer and using Xander. Will still work for defense but offense I don't know.

I would like to use Azura instead of Ninian but mine is +ATK/-SPD. Not sure what to give her to minimize the bane while making her as efficient as possible.

Juni_

Armor teams will probably go away next season since Zephiel won't be a bonus hero anymore and there is a pretty low chance that any of the other 5 armor units will be.

kswiston

If they are going to keep the 3x multi when losing thing for the next tournament, they should not apply it to individual scores.

Anyone not privy to a losing streak team has no chance of making the overall top slots. Most of the other matchups have been close.

Sushen

If they are going to keep the 3x multi when losing thing for the next tournament, they should not apply it to individual scores.

Anyone not privy to a losing streak team has no chance of making the overall top slots. Most of the other matchups have been close.
Yeah, it's definitely strange to wish for your team to lose by wide margin.

If Henry gets the bonus for the last hour I will hope that some people sacrifice their flags without the X3 for Leo because the bonus could be enough for Henry to win. Tons of X3 plus the win feathers while Leo barely got any and would end up losing? No thanks. They tried to fix something but it looks like they just replaced the problem with another.

Edit: all is well. Any teams getting bonus for last stretch?

I've figured out a pony core of 3 that I can run in Arena. Doesn't seem all that expensive either. I'd just have to 5 star Cecilia because she really benefits from the increased stats. Ursula is such a beast I can just keep her at 4 star until I have a surplus and upgrade her then.

Xander

Siegfried
Triangle Adept 3
Quick Riposte 3
Hone Cavalry
Bonfire

Cecelia +Spd/-Def

Gronraven+
Triangle Adept 3
Escape Route 3
Fortify Cavalry
Draconic Aura

Ursula

Blarblade (she gets 3 more wins with +)
Death Blow 2
Vantage 3
Hone Cavalry
Moonbow

Ursula can kill just about everything and then there's Xander and Cecilia who have seem serious killing power of their own. If they're playing to their strengths they'll barely take any if any damage in the process. I'd put goad cavalry if I had it because it'd help out Cecelia but without hone Xander isn't fast enough to double Hector so it balances out.

Once I get this up and running (next week probably) I can just use one of the Askr trio and save my orbs from having to roll for bonus units.

I expected Julia to win but I went with Sanaki since I've had her for longer and she's a been a solid part of my arena team.

This is why you shouldn't follow your heart

So anyone here on Team Robin and went for a high score this round? If so please share score/rank.

I spent 100 flags in my last battle (had 3 minutes before it ended) and I know my score was 140k - don't know the exact score as it's calculating now. Should be in the 1k - 5k rank level though. I earned my last 100 flags due to using a green ally for the last reward lol.

Freaking rubber banding made me spend more flags than I wanted to keep Bird Tactician in the lead.

kewlmyc

Not if we stomp her first!
Linde was her only real competition and she just lost. It's over, fam.

I find it funny how these gauntlets keep featuring one of the most popular characters the game, then a bunch of other way less popular units that won't stand a chance.

PK Gaming

Linde was her only real competition and she just lost. It's over, fam.

I find it funny how these gauntlets keep featuring one of the most popular characters the game, then a bunch of other way less popular units that won't stand a chance.

#TeamLinde was weak

Us Julia's know how to game the system. We'll make the most out of the 3x multiplier and crush her.

Jims

Can confirm that everyone in Team Merric spent their flags. Well, not everyone, but the cumulative score hunters definitely went there so far. Rank 819 in Merric's Army, was somewhere around Rank 1,300 cumulatively with a score of 510,000 or so.

(I wish I had a Leo.) :(

champloo

Haven't spent a single flag after the first few hours of the round, didn't even drop out of top 1000 in the end.. guess everyone on team Tharja is holding on to their flags. Good luck team Julia..
Can confirm that everyone in Team Merric spent their flags. Well, not everyone, but the cumulative score hunters definitely went there so far. Rank 819 in Merric's Army, was somewhere around Rank 1,300 cumulatively with a score of 510,000 or so.

(I wish I had a Leo.) :(
I was around rank 850 team Tharja and rank 25000 cumulatively. The difference is huge.

Haven't spent a single flag after the first few hours of the round, didn't even drop out of top 1000 in the end.. guess everyone on team Tharja is holding on to their flags. Good luck team Julia..

I was around rank 850 team Tharja and rank 25000 cumulatively. The difference is huge.

What was your score/how many flags spent?

Kar L

So how many flags did you spend? That statement doesn't really mean anything without a number.

I ranked 2,890 on team Leo just spending flags twice. 200 flags x2, for 66,000 x 2 = 132,000 points other than 100-110 point queues. Our triple points were non-existent during all waking hours except for one hour yesterday.

Received 2100 feathers for the round 1 ranking, and 500 feathers for the win. Spent 400 flags.

Jims

Interesting. Seems like the downside of playing the minority game is that it starts getting too internally competitive to be that profitable in the end. You could get the +500 winning bonus and the Top 1000 on Tharja without going that nuts. It probably would've been wiser on Merric to forgo some feathers, save some flags, and rank ~9000ish... But given the uncertainty of x3 in later rounds, it incentivizes everyone on the minority team to spend everything.

It puts people in a good spot cumulatively, but if everyone catches up in the Finals on Team Robin, the whole gambit is moot.

Interesting. Seems like the downside of playing the minority game is that it starts getting too internally competitive to be that profitable in the end. You could get the +500 winning bonus and the Top 1000 on Tharja without going that nuts. It probably would've been wiser on Merric to forgo some feathers, save some flags, and rank ~9000ish... But given the uncertainty of x3 in later rounds, it incentivizes everyone on the minority team to spend everything.

It puts people in a good spot cumulatively, but if everyone catches up in the Finals on Team Robin, the whole gambit is moot.

The 3x hours people on Merric got, nobody else is going to get ever, they'll always have that over everyone else.

Also you're forgetting that Tharja's cumulative rank will just tank.

(That being said turns out Leo/Julia probably the best initial picks for feathers...it could've been Robin but Merric being a chump and only giving Robin one 3x hour really screwed things on that front cause the 132k from that one hour doesn't even land you in 5k)

Pejo

Whew, almost forgot to finish my World of Radiance quests before they expired. After I finished the Lunatic stages I was up to 8 orbs, did a pull on the Female Mage banners and got Linde! Aw yea, she was one of the few characters left that I really wanted.

Just in time for her to lose splendidly to Tharja.

It's a good day.

champloo

What was your score/how many flags spent?

So how many flags did you spend? That statement doesn't really mean anything without a number.

I ranked 2,890 on team Leo just spending flags twice. 200 flags x2, for 66,000 x 2 = 132,000 points other than 100-110 point queues. Our triple points were non-existent during all waking hours except for one hour yesterday.

Received 2100 feathers for the round 1 ranking, and 500 feathers for the win. Spent 400 flags.

I don't remember the exact score but I spent 600 flags, all during triple point was in effect. Also my other account is with team Leo, spent 600 flags there as well, only ranked around 8000. Couldn't Take advantage of the multiplier effect :(
Hoping there will be at least a small window when Julia takes the lead this time..

Alkez

Tharja and Robin are both trailing behind currently. Probably the best chance to take advantage of the bonus now

I did not realise that during the 3x bonus you get 3x on your personal score as well. I thought the bonus was just applied to the team contribution but I guess they don't calculate it like that. Thanks for the heads up.

Mupod

Managed to sneak in 100x3 flags for Robin, wonder if he'll fall behind ever again. I'm not planning on spending a lot this round, saving for the final.

Since I was forced to use a lot of crests this week I figured I might as well try and improve my 4804 score - second run got me 4806, but I got a ton of high point teams on the third and managed 4820. That's probably pretty good for an unmerged team, but it's a little concerning that it seems to think I'm supposed to be fighting +5s.

No way will I beat that score, nor will it matter as I'm firmly in the top 5% for tier 14 now (rank 747 of 2200-ish). I'll just do easy arenas for the rest of the flag quests.

spiritfox

How on earth do you do Armor Emblem? I feel like I'm always one wrong move from being stuck and out of position. And anytime there's mages it's almost a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom