• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

This multiplier thing made the game a lot more interesting, and I'm checking my phone more frequently than already I've been. This can't be healthy but fun.

Mupod

Got Anna and Alphonse to 4*, and I'm leveling them now.

Not sure if next week will be Ike 3: The Ikening or if they will cycle in the Echoes characters early. Either way, Alphonse will be a bonus unit if the pattern holds, hopefully I don't need him but I may just bite the bullet and get him and Anna to 5 with the 40k I'll have. I hope to run Celica in my red slot for that week if I get her and she's good, as I'm not planning on promoting Xander yet.

Anyways, how would you guys build a 5* Alphonse? I could just use him like I do Sharena and have him buff people/draw back in place of a dancer, but that's kind of boring. He could be turned into probably the best Brash Assault user but that skill isn't great.

This multiplier thing made the game a lot more interesting, and I'm checking my phone more frequently than already I've been. This can't be healthy but fun.

it's kinda annoying for me, as I can't always get to my tablet and I don't have a phone this game runs on. It's fine now because it's the weekend, but there's no guarantee I'll be able to spend all my flags in the final round. So I'm just using them as I can when it's 3x.

Sushen

What's wrong with brash Assault? I have it on my Lynn to make up for her speed bane, but haven't used her much.

Why are Robin's opponents so bad they can't even give him the 3x multiplier twice.

Even Tharja's opponents have been strong enough ffs.

Mupod

What's wrong with brash Assault? I have it on my Lynn to make up for her speed bane, but haven't used her much.

I mean...it requires you to be under 50% health, and attacking something that can hit back. It's situational at best and suicidal when arena is mostly people running merged characters that are +atk/+spd. Even without the 'target must be able to counter' stipulation, I'd be sketchy on it.

I never actually thought about using it on Lyn though. Normally you can't combine it with Desperation, but she is the sole owner of a weapon with that built-in. If it actually works that's a great synergy, as it'd guarantee her a double on any opponent and not just those she outspeeds. I'll think about trying it on mine, if I ever find a second Lyn to fix her -atk nature.

But yeah Brash Assault is one of those abilities that is pure evil when it's on a random training tower or defense unit and it blindsides you, but when you're trying for perfect runs, it's hard to justify.

We're gonna need like 12 or 13 hours of multipliers to dump all our flags. While hoping timezones don't fuck us over. This is gonna be a pain =_=

Zeeman

Ugh, why does this game constantly make me have to redownload 450 mb? I'm convinced it's happening once a day at this point

Kar L

Japanese are going to get most of the top cumulative rankings. Since the bonus is % based all the 3x multipliers are more likely to happen early in the matchup.

I stayed up till almost 5am last night as was able to get two runs from the first Leo 3x bonus. The game rolls over at 2am, and new gauntlet matchups start when most US people are sleeping.

As the scores continue to inflate, it's harder for the leading team to pull ahead far enough ahead to trigger additional percentage-based handicap bonuses.

Shito

Japanese are going to get most of the top cumulative rankings. Since the bonus is % based all the 3x multipliers are more likely to happen early in the matchup.

I stayed up till almost 5am last night as was able to get two runs from the first Leo 3x bonus. The game rolls over at 2am, and new gauntlet matchups start when most US people are sleeping.

As the scores continue to inflate, it's harder for the leading team to pull ahead far enough ahead to trigger additional percentage-based handicap bonuses.
Leo will probably get more x3 bonus tomorrow, as less and less people will have feathers to spend on him to close the gap. He already can't overrun Robin after an hour of x3 bonus, the gap will only widen! Case in point: here's another x3 bonus right now, after a few hours of slowly but steadily declining!

Wiseblade

nNq8wfx.png
A personal best! Kagero supported by Olivia did the majority of the heavy lifting, using Vantage to hard counter all the new mages. Seliph (with Defiant Defence) and Anna (with Fury) saved from a couple tough spots, like TA Robin and surprise Armour Emblem.

It still isn't enough to reach the top 10% of Tier 15 though.

Theosmeo

I mean...it requires you to be under 50% health, and attacking something that can hit back. It's situational at best and suicidal when arena is mostly people running merged characters that are +atk/+spd. Even without the 'target must be able to counter' stipulation, I'd be sketchy on it.

I never actually thought about using it on Lyn though. Normally you can't combine it with Desperation, but she is the sole owner of a weapon with that built-in. If it actually works that's a great synergy, as it'd guarantee her a double on any opponent and not just= those she outspeeds. I'll think about trying it on mine, if I ever find a second Lyn to fix her -atk nature.

But yeah Brash Assault is one of those abilities that is pure evil when it's on a random training tower or defense unit and it blindsides you, but when you're trying for perfect runs, it's hard to justify.

I guess I didn't think about it on lyn, I have vantage on her instead because she's +speed and will double everything anyways

Nightbird

5* Hana is a goddess.
A frail goddess, but still one.

With kills every single Green/Red/Colorless unit in one turn her Brave Sword+

She's my new favorite unit :D

Kar L

Leo will probably get more x3 bonus tomorrow, as less and less people will have feathers to spend on him to close the gap. He already can't overrun Robin after an hour of x3 bonus, the gap will only widen! Case in point: here's another x3 bonus right now, after a few hours of slowly but steadily declining!
I am team Leo and am pretty much burning all of my first two rounds of flags on this round with the 3x bonus, if I can. Gonna shoot for highest possible cumulative score and probably pick the loser (Robin) for the final round.

Kar L

A personal best! Kagero supported by Olivia did the majority of the heavy lifting, using Vantage to hard counter all the new mages. Seliph (with Defiant Defence) and Anna (with Fury) saved from a couple tough spots, like TA Robin and surprise Armour Emblem.

It still isn't enough to reach the top 10% of Tier 15 though.
Nice job. Grats on your best deathless run.

5* Hana is a goddess.
A frail goddess, but still one.

With kills every single Green/Red/Colorless unit in one turn her Brave Sword+

She's my new favorite unit :D

Hey, with healers becoming viable soon, maybe her frailness won't be so problematic! I mean, even L&D'd I don't see her dropping in a single hit. See her dropping into the sub-8HP range a lot though, which is just perfect for Rehabilitate.

Mupod

Is the new banner the Echoes ones?

Yeah.

https://youtu.be/yrNhgVVHHAc

I just noticed the tweet (and video) referred to new story chapters, just like with the Ike banner. That'd be pretty sweet. If Celica's stats look good I'll be pulling for her...and hopefully more Hinatas. Seriously stop giving me Sophia godjesus fuck.

edit: I guess I was half asleep when I last watched this, but Celica's skill set is really interesting. Very defensive focused. I'm hesitant to call it power creep but it's definitely a response to what kind of strategies players are using.

Wiseblade

a few hours.

I wonder if their silence about bonus heroes means they're staying the same for another week. Good news for me, if so. Ike fits into my team well.
The Banner is changing before the new Season starts, so I expect the bonus characters to rotate too.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
If they are going to keep the 3x multi when losing thing for the next tournament, they should not apply it to individual scores.

Anyone not privy to a losing streak team has no chance of making the overall top slots. Most of the other matchups have been close.
I'm not a fan of this 3x multiplier myself... mainly because it ruined my strategy. But I'd be fine with them keeping the multiplier in place for the cumulative total so long as they increase the winning army reward (either increase it outright or give it a multiplier for consecutive wins). The difference in feathers right now isn't THAT great, but it's silly to make losing a preferred strategy.

If Nintendo really wanted to prevent a blow-out, they should probably avoid making just one Team Main and most definitely avoid just one Team BOOBZ.

ggx2ac

I can't find a good reason to give a mage an owl tome over a blade tome.

I even tried thinking of a mage tank with Sophia using close counter and getting buffed from Fortify Def and Res to get upto Def 38 and Res 39 but I think being slow is a bit of a downside.

Edit: Update just appeared.

Owl tome seems kinda impractical because to get the full advantage of it you'd have to attack in a cluster. Blade tome on top of being a lot more powerful lets you go off and attack and then the rest of the team can follow and reapply buffs.

Mupod

I even tried thinking of a mage tank with Sophia using close counter and getting buffed from Fortify Def and Res to get upto Def 38 and Res 39 but I think being slow is a bit of a downside.

yeah, people are datamining it now. The 'permadeath' stuff is in it, seems like. And Lloyd...his art is, uh, unfortunate.

champloo

Low speed only means faster special charging when you are not taking much damage. Neutral Leo with an Owl Tome and Fortify+Ward Cavalry reaches 41 def and 46 res, then you move him onto a defense tile, just saying.

Mupod

MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_TITLE: Sacred Seals
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_A1: KO Foe
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_A1: Defeat an enemy.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_A2: KO with Alfonse
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_A2: Use Alfonse to defeat an enemy.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_A3: KO with Sharena
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_A3: Use Sharena to defeat an enemy.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_A4: KO with Anna
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_A4: Use Anna to defeat an enemy.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_B1: KO Lvl 20+ Foe (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_B1: Defeat an enemy that is level 20\nor higher with Felicia.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_B2: KO Lvl 20+ Foe (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_B2: Defeat an enemy that is level 20\nor higher with Donnel.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_B3: KO Lvl 20+ Foe (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_B3: Defeat an enemy that is level 20\nor higher with Draug.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_C1: KO Lvl 35+ Foe (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_C1: Defeat an enemy that is level 35\nor higher with Hana.
MID_MISSION_S0025HOLY02_C2: KO Lvl 35+ Foe (Task)
MID_MISSION_H_S0025HOLY02_C2: Defeat an enemy that is level 35\nor higher with Barst.

cool, I don't have a Barst yet. Time to level some guys while 1.5x exp is up I suppose.

Also I've actually been leveling the shit out of Anna and Alphonse, Alphonse is required for a quest on Narcian's map when he returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom