• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
You only get a set amount of SP for merging a unit in. You don't get much for giving a 3* Olivia to a 5*. However, as I said in my previous post, you can get around this by using the system where merges bring over all their learned and unlearned skills. So you level up, inherit a few skills, learn them and THEN merge.

While merging I did notice that the set amount of SP you get for merging in seems to increase the larger the merge ball gets. The +3 gave I think 240 SP when merged into the +0. I wasn't paying full attention so maybe someone knows more about this.

The problem here of course is that leveling and farming SP on Olivia fucking sucks which is why I did all that in the first place. Even if I end up just promoting to 5*, creating the merged 4* got me so much SP that it was worth it.
Good points. Thanks, I'll try that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Update of how many people in tier 19 so far. It's going to be really tough.

Nice. I'll never see 19 unless I get lucky on pulls so I can do some merges :( But it looks like swinging btw 17 and 18 is where I belong.

In other news, did a few pulls, pulled a Caeda, but I don't think any of these brides are particularly good. I was hoping for some more unique and useful weapons.

Mupod

Nice. I'll never see 19 unless I get lucky on pulls so I can do some merges :( But it looks like swinging btw 17 and 18 is where I belong.

In other news, did a few pulls, pulled a Caeda, but I don't think any of these brides are particularly good. I was hoping for some more unique and useful weapons.

Cordelia's weapon isn't great but her stat spread is extremely good. She's only a little slower than Setsuna but has a higher attack stat than any other archer. If you somehow got a +SPD one she'd be a terror with a brave bow and L&D3.

I don't have enough confidence in my luck or orb supply to pull for her though.

I'm debaring promoting Sharena to 5*. There are enough quests requiring Lance users so I'd like at least one 5*. From what I understand she's among the better ones, maybe the best that doesn't come as a 5* naturally. It also helps that she's a regular arena unit. Any thoughts before I spend my hard earned feathers? Any particular builds for her other than the standard TA or Fury and Vantage or QR?

Mupod

I'm debaring promoting Sharena to 5*. There are enough quests requiring Lance users so I'd like at least one 5*. From what I understand she's among the better ones, maybe the best that doesn't come as a 5* naturally. It also helps that she's a regular arena unit. Any thoughts before I spend my hard earned feathers? Any particular builds for her other than the standard TA or Fury and Vantage or QR?

She's not going to blow the roof off of arena but her stats are all kind of in a sweet spot to be usable, and her weapon is decent (built in threaten atk). She was relatively stronger pre-inheritance as her default skill setup is great, but her average stat spread means you can build her to fill any role.

Personally I use her in place of a dancer and give her Drag Back and Draw Back. I gave her a cheap special and Hone Atk 3. Swordbreaker is a fine choice on her as well, although not super useful in my case as Linde kills all swords for me. I just have her buff people and pull them around as needed.

Olivia will probably result in easier runs, but I might start off my first area run this season with Sharena as she'd be worth more points. I've been able to run dancer-less with success in previous weeks. The extreme prevalence of Azura lately has me a bit concerned though.

spiritfox

She was the first unit I 5*ed and she's great. Not amazing compared to Reinhardt or Effie, but she can take hits and deal good damage. I have her in a tanky build, with Escutcheon and Renewal, not the best build but I can use her to block units that might otherwise kill my 1hp Nino or Olivia.

vctor182

Just got this on third pull!
e6DQpHkl.jpg

Now to check their stats

Ninferno

Cordelia's weapon isn't great but her stat spread is extremely good. She's only a little slower than Setsuna but has a higher attack stat than any other archer. If you somehow got a +SPD one she'd be a terror with a brave bow and L&D3.

I don't have enough confidence in my luck or orb supply to pull for her though.

L&D3 will make her too prone to being one-shot by distant counterers though; I would actually advise against it. I think DB suits her better in general.

lt519

Yep, got my quick 4770 in Tier 18 and now I'm looking for clever ways to improve that. I wonder what the score threshold to get to 19 is going to be?

I could chase high score matchups all week and decline anything under 686, maybe break 4800 with my current team but that is no fun. Gonna first start by swapping out Xander for +1 Roy and see if that creeps me up.

In other news after two weeks of no defense I'm running a level 20 3* Olivia with Rein, Xander, and Nino to see if I can get anything haha. They really really really need to tell you how many times you've been matched up.

kewlmyc

Having the two best bride units be colorless is dastardly of IS. So many useless units to pull. Got lucky with the Kagero and Faye (I think she's good) I got.

Mupod

Started a run and even though I just built up Olivia, I decided to try running Sharena. Went well so far, high point total matches and oddly enough no dancers in sight...wonder if my higher stat totals are keeping the merges and dancers at bay.

Double breakable walls map still sucks but at least cavalry get fucked over by the trees. Ran into a cheeky Ike/Xander/Ryoma/49 atk DB3 Reinhardt team there and they all kinda got hung up in the choke point.

L&D3 will make her too prone to being one-shot by distant counterers though; I would actually advise against it. I think DB suits her better in general.

well the idea behind her and Setsuna is to just get into desperation 3 mode and murder everything with brave weapon doubles and Luna. Kinda need every point of speed you can get. But I was just thinking - her attack is high enough that you could maybe go darting blow and still delete most of the game. Quickly changed a brave bow Setsuna's stats in the calculator to match Bride Cordelia and that does seem to be the case. Nice budget option at least. Not that I'll ever get one of those Cordelias.

edit: I just realized that DB could stand for death blow or darting blow so uhhhhhhhhhh yeah just roll with it

TWILT

Banned
Managed to roll a Cordelia!...but she's -SPD +RES. Bleh. :T

Guess I can try and salvage it I suppose, but that'll forever annoy me lol.

I pulled Clair whom I've never had and Bridal Lyn on a yolo 4 roll today

Great huh?

Clair +HP, -ATK
Bridal Lyn +RES, -ATK

Every good 4* or 5* unit I've pulled this past month has had a -ATK IV or a negative IV in their good stat.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm so tired of getting good units with broken legs/arms.

Mupod

well, not like bride Lyn's stats mean much of anything. She's a gimmick unit that you'd use to debuff something and attack it with impunity. Her attack is so low there's no point even giving her Wrathful staff, so maybe -atk is just fine.

I pulled Clair whom I've never had and Bridal Lyn on a yolo 4 roll today

Great huh?

Clair +HP, -ATK
Bridal Lyn +RES, -ATK

Every good 4* or 5* unit I've pulled this past month has had a -ATK IV or a negative IV in their good stat.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm so tired of getting good units with broken legs/arms.

Lyn's deal is shutting down a unit's ability to retaliate after she attacks them. Given a +att Bride Lyn is only 38 with Candlelight, it's not like she's going to do much damage to begin with.

Draxal

Overlooked her being good as a team buffer, so year you're right. Lyn is pretty good at making Vantage and counter units useless.

Thing with mages is their weapons are kinda meaningless (except for Reinhardt and Olwen's dire thunder) as blade weapons are stupidly good.

High Speed Users like caeda re the best users of blade weapons.

Held off for an even 20 and rolled....I knew Barst was gonna be there, then of course during this time of seeking out Brides I get a frickin' 5* Hawkeye. You've gotta be sh...oh, then I got Lyn. Phew.
Apparently neutral stats.

Well I guess I can make Bridal Lyn work but Clair is a lost cause I've no interest in trying to train a Peg Knight with a broken arm, SI bait she is since my other lancers aren't broken like she is.

I'd rather put that effort into my +DEF, -HP Florina or my neutral Catria if I'm going to put effort into a lancer using peg knight.

Pejo

Got Bridal Lyn (the one I wanted) off of 25 orbs, still have 15 left that I'll use eventually.

She's -SPD +DEF.... =(

My luck in this game is really weird. I generally have good luck getting the units I want, but every single one is unfavorable (at best) and sometimes just the flat out worst IVs you can get. I still don't have a single "Best" IV 5* unit.

StAidan

Pulling Cordelia isn't helping at all with my constant feather dilemma. I'd have to promote a Gordin to give her Brave Bow+, which I could do, but I have so many other units that have been waiting on those feathers for so long. I need them for Spring Camilla's Gronnblade+, I need them for my QuadHana (already built but only 4*), and the list goes on.

I'm stuck in analysis paralysis. Prioritizing is so painful.

Roman

What's the best special and B skill for Charlotte (+hp/-Res)? Going to keep her stock A and C skill just so I don't have to invest much into her.

Charlotte seems like she would basically like to eat a Donnel for Brave Lance and Drag Back.

For the Special you can't really go wrong with Moonbow here.

commish

Pulling Cordelia isn't helping at all with my constant feather dilemma. I'd have to promote a Gordin to give her Brave Bow+, which I could do, but I have so many other units that have been waiting on those feathers for so long. I need them for Spring Camilla's Gronnblade+, I need them for my QuadHana (already built but only 4*), and the list goes on.

I'm stuck in analysis paralysis. Prioritizing is so painful.

Just prioritize those units that will be part of your core team going forward. I've spent a lot of resources on units in the past, only to not use them that much after their arena week is over.

kewlmyc

Is it worth 20k just to put Quick Riposte on Reinhardt or keep Vantage on him? Or is there another, better B skill to put on him?

commish

Is it worth 20k just to put Quick Riposte on Reinhardt or keep Vantage on him? Or is there another, better B skill to put on him?

IMO, Rein should never be taking hits if you can help it. His defensive stats just suck. I would focus on a skill that allows him to kill more things that he couldn't otherwise kill, like lancebreaker.

Mupod

I wouldn't use quick riposte on him, but you only need quick riposte 2.

Reinhardt isn't really much of a defensive character. Vantage is fine I guess. You could put Wings of Mercy on him to be a dick to people on a defense team.

jzbluz

I got a Reinhardt from the new banner, which I was conflicted about since I had given up on getting another one and upgraded my original to 5*, thankfully/unluckily it wasn't the boon/bane I wanted. Otherwise once again I'm with no orbs and no interesting pulls.

kewlmyc

IMO, Rein should never be taking hits if you can help it. His defensive stats just suck. I would focus on a skill that allows him to kill more things that he couldn't otherwise kill, like lancebreaker.

I wouldn't use quick riposte on him, but you only need quick riposte 2.

Reinhardt isn't really much of a defensive character. Vantage is fine I guess. You could put Wings of Mercy on him to be a dick to people on a defense team.

I agree that he's shouldn't be taking hits at all, but I was looking at builds on feheroes, and it recommended Quick Riposte.

I have him on a team with Blade+ Cecilia so having lancebreaker seems like a waste. Might go Wings of Mercy to match Cecilia for pure hilarity.

PK Gaming

I agree that he's shouldn't be taking hits at all, but I was looking at builds on feheroes, and it recommended Quick Riposte.

I have him on a team with Blade+ Cecilia so having lancebreaker seems like a waste. Might go Wings of Mercy to match Cecilia for pure hilarity.

Keep in mind, the site isn't infallible. A lot of the character recommendations were submitted by random people as well.

Roman

Quite a few build pages on Gamepedia are either outdated or extremely questionable. Reinhardt isn't one of them, but it's strongly recommended to make sure before spending 20k feathers on inheritance.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
You pretty much never need Quick Riposte 3, so don't bother promoting a 5* just to SI it.

Quick Riposte 2 is fine.

Weebos

Banned
Not on Reinhardt
And yes Lancebreaker is the best b slot for Rein.

Any opinions on B Tomebreaker for Reinhardt?

I find mine has more problems with Blue Mages than Lance users most of the time. I feel like B Tomebreaker would help him have a few more clutch defensive survivals. If a melee is getting into Reinhardt's range he isn't surviving anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom