• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Related/Unrelated: I was playing Fates today, was on Chapter 23. After a bazillion hours of restarting I finally made it to Takumi. Effie brings him down to 1HP, I send Xerxes in to finish him. Xander has 98% hit chance, Takumi has 46% hit chance, 35% Vengeance chance, and 1% crit chance.

Xander misses, Takumi triggers Vengeance and a crit at the same time and instakills him.

Fuck Takumi, is what I'm saying.

I'm pretty sure the Nohr path was subtitled the "You've made a mistake, prepare to not have fun" path.

Wiseblade

Help me decide between Fury and TA and Vantage and QR for Xander I've thining about this for weeks helpppp
QR is a lock, IMO. It turns Xander into an enemy phase monster, deleting anything even a little squishy that looks at him funny. Xander's defence means he'll even preserve it when fighting against most Axe users.

The choice between TA and Fury comes to how badly you want Hector/Green Mages to die or if you care about dealing with Swords.

redcrayon

I was lucky enough to draw Lyn from the brides banner. What do people recommend for the A and C skills, presumably any of the buff skills work well for a healer that's trying to stand next to people, but I'm at a loss what to inherit for an A skill. It's not like she's going to really be hurting anyone with her weapon as a healer, maybe a HP/RES boost to help her stay alive?

Firemind

QR is a lock, IMO. It turns Xander into an enemy phase monster, deleting anything even a little squishy that looks at him funny. Xander's defence means he'll even preserve it when fighting against most Axe users.

The choice between TA and Fury comes to how badly you want Hector/Green Mages to die or if you care about dealing with Swords.
I faced a TA Xander today and he couldn't even double my -spd Hector lmao

ggx2ac

You too will get to fight this arena team that I lost to. (Including a level 40+1 Xander I didn't bother doing a screenshot.)

DBJvq2AV0AAgYsl.jpg

DBJvs7LVYAA4hhg.jpg

DBJvvGLVwAEj3Dl.jpg

I'm paralyzed by choice now because I want to level Catria but I'm tempted into promoting her to 5* once I'm done, but then the (F) Corrin I've been training is 4* as well and I've been meaning to promote her to 5* as well.

After that it'll be a while before I have 20k feathers.

Mupod

20 orbs again, stands to reason Camus is coming on Friday though. No other reason they'd patch his map in considering they are doing a major update next week. We'll see if I can hold out until then.

Lelou

20 orbs again, stands to reason Camus is coming on Friday though. No other reason they'd patch his map in considering they are doing a major update next week. We'll see if I can hold out until then.

Major update next week, really? is official?

Mupod

Major update next week, really? is official?

The maintenance the other day was to prepare for that. The original news post said 'update in June' then the warning on the 29th said 'update next week'. They've been hyping up the new mode for a while now so hopefully it's pretty extensive.

Yold myself I wasn't going to waste my stash of orbs but my roster is in good shape and I really wanted a good archer so went hunting for Bride Cordelia but got Bride Lyn instead. Now comes the stage where I convince myself this is the better outcome lol. And hey maybe Lyn will be a star in the "permadeath" mode.

Mupod

Yold myself I wasn't going to waste my stash of orbs but my roster is in good shape and I really wanted a good archer so went hunting for Bride Cordelia but got Bride Lyn instead. Now comes the stage where I convince myself this is the better outcome lol. And hey maybe Lyn will be a star in the "permadeath" mode.

She'd never be used on my main team but I could see her being extremely helpful if they start making GHB or other challenge maps that are actually hard. She'd nullify the threat of a 'boss-tier' distant counter user.

At least, I'm sure, that everyone's Wrys collection keeps expanding.

And that's why I'm very hesitant to spend anything looking for Cordelia.

I've had crazy good 5* luck lately, but I always feel like those dark days of 300+ orbs with nothing could easily return again. I'd rather just pull on a banner with a variety of colors and hope for more fodder. Still looking for Hinatas, and also more Gunter/Jeigan for cavalry buffs.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Everyone so happy with their pull... while i got another hawkeye. Wuttt.
Don't feel too bad. I got a Wrys, Bartre, Virion, Lissa and Fir, out of the ones I remember.

We normal pulling people exist. We just don't speak up out of misery. :p

After spending all my 80 some orb savings trying to roll Ike and failing I had pretty much given up all hope of being lucky. Then today I rolled Bride Cordelia and Bride Caeda in one go. They are gonna synergize with my Tharja really well!. No more complaining from me.

She'd never be used on my main team but I could see her being extremely helpful if they start making GHB or other challenge maps that are actually hard. She'd nullify the threat of a 'boss-tier' distant counter user.

And that's why I'm very hesitant to spend anything looking for Cordelia.

I've had crazy good 5* luck lately, but I always feel like those dark days of 300+ orbs with nothing could easily return again. I'd rather just pull on a banner with a variety of colors and hope for more fodder. Still looking for Hinatas, and also more Gunter/Jeigan for cavalry buffs.

I could see Bride Lyn being super handy in GHBs for sure. Especially when they return and you need to do something dumb like defeat Hard Xander with Anna.

I think if we are to follow their trends lately they seem to be trying to give people tools to give healers more impact and have put in a few skills to prevent counter attacks. Seems a lot of this was in anticipation of the permadeath mode and units like Lyn will allow your team to stay alive longer.

redcrayon

Don't feel too bad. I got a Wrys, Bartre, Virion, Lissa and Fir, out of the ones I remember.

We normal pulling people exist. We just don't speak up out of misery. :p
Arthur, Niles, Laslow, Henry, Matthew, Gaius, Barst, Fir and Clarissa are the ones I seem to draw endless amounts of. Generally the weaker infantry units seem drawn to me :D

I've been playing since launch in Feb, and even of the original characters, I still haven't even seen Cain, Sully, Takumi, Tharja and loads more of the better ones.

Lelou

The maintenance the other day was to prepare for that. The original news post said 'update in June' then the warning on the 29th said 'update next week'. They've been hyping up the new mode for a while now so hopefully it's pretty extensive.

Thanks for the info!
I'm really excited about it but i hope it will not just a minor thing like the updates of the last 2 months..

We need a real new mode, not a usless gauntlet that give 0 more contents to the game..

Wiseblade

I faced a TA Xander today and he couldn't even double my -spd Hector lmao
At this point my perception of Xander's speed has been warped my Horse Emblem team.
Was your Hector actually able to Damage TA Xander? Mine always comes out of that fight unscathed.

Xetherion

QR is a one time deal and my Xander benefits from the boosted stats from Fury. I like my current fury+QR setup for Xander.

QR is not a one time deal for my Xander. Horse buffs put him at 43 DEF, he shrugs off a lot of attacks. If you're not running Horse emblem i suppose Fury is a good choice though.

Mupod

Up to 6 wins with no deaths, Ryoma/Sharena/Hector/Linde. Feels like I've been facing easier teams on average than when I run with Azura...no +5s in sight. Dancers and cavalry are still showing up, but not as often and the trees on these maps have come in handy. I had some relatively close calls but nothing that a bit of brain work couldn't solve.

Of course, twice last week I lost one unit on the very last match, so here's hoping it goes well. Trying to conserve my crests as I burned through a lot last week trying to get into T18.

I was feeling pressured to work on Olivia but if Sharena continues to work out for me it'll be fine. I don't NEED a dancer, and Sharena's more points. Olivia's leading my defense squad though, with the same core trio - just got 2 defenses today, so that's all good.

Pejo

Wow, used 13 of my 15 orbs today, got a Bride Caeda and a 4* Rebecca and Clair. I didn't even know that those two were in the 4* pool, didn't have any of them. One of my best multi-pulls in quite a while.

Of course every single IV sucks.

Up to 6 wins with no deaths, Ryoma/Sharena/Hector/Linde. Feels like I've been facing easier teams on average than when I run with Azura...no +5s in sight. Dancers and cavalry are still showing up, but not as often and the trees on these maps have come in handy. I had some relatively close calls but nothing that a bit of brain work couldn't solve.

Of course, twice last week I lost one unit on the very last match, so here's hoping it goes well. Trying to conserve my crests as I burned through a lot last week trying to get into T18.

I was feeling pressured to work on Olivia but if Sharena continues to work out for me it'll be fine. I don't NEED a dancer, and Sharena's more points. Olivia's leading my defense squad though, with the same core trio - just got 2 defenses today, so that's all good.

Best of luck to ya. Feels good to have my deathless run out of the way. 4848 on one account and 4808 on another. Should be enough to move to next tiers. Now the stress of getting a defense win.

This is a much bigger group at tier 18 than last week so much so that my 4808 score may actually hold whereas 4860 couldn't last week.

Akuun

I promoted my Olivia to 5*, but don't really have the patience to grind her back up to 40 in time to get a bunch of arena runs with her. Bleh.

Maybe I can get at least one deathless run in.

Firemind

At this point my perception of Xander's speed has been warped my Horse Emblem team.
Was your Hector actually able to Damage TA Xander? Mine always comes out of that fight unscathed.
Usually the horses won't gain the bonuses on t2 if the map has obstacles standing in their way. Then you bait them. Only one you have to kill ASAP is Reinhardt. Bonus-less Cecilia can be tanked with a bulky red unit.

Sterok

Did some summoning because I've been feeling the itch. Lots of Odins and Shannas, no good colorless, but I got a 4* Roy and a Charlotte. Good enough for me.

StAidan

I elected to use my feathers to promote Gordin and pass his Brave Bow+ on to Bride Cordelia. It hurt, but Cordelia is my very first colorless unit that's worth anything (playing since day one), so it had to be done. I'll finally have something I can use for the quests that ask for colorless. 3* Felicia can go into retirement.

Today's free orbs also allowed me to pull one more unit. I picked the single colorless orb in the session, and got another Bride Cordelia. Great for getting the rest of the SP I'll need to round out the skills of my first one.

Sushen

Have you guys seen AI in training tower cheating? Est killed my Julia with 26 speed by doubling her, except her speed was only 24 and neither her weapon (heavy spear) or skills (or lack of b skill) were supposed to get her double attack. I was rather confused by what happened.

Have you guys seen AI in training tower cheating? Est killed my Julia with 26 speed by doubling her, except her speed was only 24 and neither her weapon (heavy spear) or skills (or lack of b skill) were supposed to get her double attack. I was rather confused by what happened.

Was there a Spur Spd enemy next to Est?

lt519

Been pulling greens out of the weapon triangle to try and get 5* Titania or Cecilia for Pony Emblem and decided to pull red twice, my first two 4* Hinatas. I think I'll take that instead, finally got Fury 3 on some characters :)

Best of luck to ya. Feels good to have my deathless run out of the way. 4848 on one account and 4808 on another. Should be enough to move to next tiers. Now the stress of getting a defense win.

This is a much bigger group at tier 18 than last week so much so that my 4808 score may actually hold whereas 4860 couldn't last week.

I'm aiming for 4800 by the end of the week by cherry picking my matches, super slow going, I've gotten 1 each day with 686. I've got 4770 registered already but that isn't going to cut it. I'm really at a lack for how to get my score higher while keeping Rein in my team? I've got Olivia, Rein, Roy+1, Nino. Going from Xander to Roy+1 hasn't seemed to increase my per match spread (Even though Roy's BST is 9 higher). Should I just ditch Rein and try and do it with Nowi or Linde? Switch Roy+1 to Nowi or Hinoka+2 and keep Rein? If I pull Rein I have serious trouble with Takumi.

Akuun

Been pulling greens out of the weapon triangle to try and get 5* Titania or Cecilia for Pony Emblem and decided to pull red twice, my first two 4* Hinatas. I think I'll take that instead, finally got Fury 3 on some characters :)

I'm aiming for 4800 by the end of the week by cherry picking my matches, super slow going, I've gotten 1 each day with 686. I've got 4770 registered already but that isn't going to cut it. I'm really at a lack for how to get my score higher while keeping Rein in my team? I've got Olivia, Rein, Roy+1, Nino. Going from Xander to Roy+1 hasn't seemed to increase my per match spread. Should I just ditch Rein and try and do it with Nowi or Linde?
That's two casters and a dancer, so that team has pretty low BST. If you want to keep Rein, can you replace Nino?

I'm aiming for 4800 by the end of the week by cherry picking my matches, super slow going, I've gotten 1 each day with 686. I've got 4770 registered already but that isn't going to cut it. I'm really at a lack for how to get my score higher while keeping Rein in my team? I've got Olivia, Rein, Roy+1, Nino. Going from Xander to Roy+1 hasn't seemed to increase my per match spread. Should I just ditch Rein and try and do it with Nowi or Linde?

Nowi would be a big increase in BST over Rein nearly 20 points higher. Since you got that 4770 locked in drop Rein and go for a higher score.

lt519

That's two casters and a dancer, so that team has pretty low BST. If you want to keep Rein, can you replace Nino?

I could put Fae in, would that improve the rating? In the team select screen she basically has the same Rating as Nino but dunno how it translates to Arena score. Nino honestly doesn't do much when I have Rein with DB3 in there.

Nowi would be a big increase in BST over Rein nearly 20 points higher. Since you got that 4770 locked in drop Rein and go for a higher score.

I've been semi-successful with this but Takumi gives me headaches with Nowi for Rein. I don't have a hard counter so if I get caught playing defensive and Takumi is buffed/danced he almost always wipes a character.

Wiseblade

Usually the horses won't gain the bonuses on t2 if the map has obstacles standing in their way. Then you bait them. Only one you have to kill ASAP is Reinhardt. Bonus-less Cecilia can be tanked with a bulky red unit.
I should clarify: I'm talking from the side of using Xander in a Horse Emblem team. My TA/QR Xander never fails to devour Hector, wether he's buffed By Hone/Goad Cavalry or not.

I could put Fae in, would that improve the rating? In the team select screen she basically has the same Rating as Nino but dunno how it translates to Arena score. Nino honestly doesn't do much when I have Rein with DB3 in there.

I've been semi-successful with this but Takumi gives me headaches with Nowi for Rein. I don't have a hard counter so if I get caught playing defensive and Takumi is buffed/danced he almost always wipes a character.

Nowi with QR should handle Takumi. She has high defense and Takumi has low Res.

lt519

Nowi with QR should handle Takumi. She has high defense and Takumi has low Res.

Ah I've got Vantage 3 on her, maybe time to switch that up.

Said fuck it and blew a couple crests and cherry picked some matches. One, it seemed to help when I put Draw Back back on Nino and Rein since I took them off for defense (Olivia also only had New Moon and a Tier 1 - A skill, could definitely see another couple points here). Two, ran into a 692 team with +5 Rein (DB3), Nino, Hector, and Olivia nearly shit my pants (Nino was somehow only 32HP and I luckily one shot it with my Nino before it could double me). Final boss was Nowi, Linde, Nino, Hector and Nino/Linde decided to pair up making it really hard to separate everyone. Pulled off 4806... See if it makes the cut. I'll try Nowi instead of Rein rest of week.

Edit: Haven't been able to pull myself to grind SP in the tower anymore, my Nowi doesn't even have a special skill ): That and I need like 300 more SP for Olivia to finish her build.

Alucrid

Banned
i fat fingered kagero in an arena match and only moved her and didn't attack with her. ruined my perfect streak. changed that shit to tap now

Meeps

I managed to get a +spd/-hp Bridal Cordelia on my final pull. How does she compare to Takumi? Any suggestions appreciated!

Roman

I managed to get a +spd/-hp Bridal Cordelia on my final pull. How does she compare to Takumi? Any suggestions appreciated!

She's simply the best archer in the game now, without any doubt.

With a Brave Bow+/Life And Death 3/Swordbreaker/Luna/+1 Atk Seal build your Cordelia literally destroys the entire rest of the cast except Effie in the calculator.

Yes, this number is inflated and doesn't reflect what you meet in the arena in practice, but it's still ridiculous.

Scum

She's simply the best archer in the game now, without any doubt.

With a Brave Bow+/Life And Death 3/Swordbreaker/Luna/+1 Atk Seal build your Cordelia literally destroys the entire rest of the cast except Effie in the calculator.

Yes, this number is inflated and doesn't reflect what you meet in the arena in practice, but it's still ridiculous.

jose.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom