• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

are you fucking serious, get to the final match of a 7 streak then literally completely unbeatable team that does not follow the AI rules at all. It was just a mess of breakable walls, dancer, units randomly using rally skills and apparently the calculator was completely wrong about a Nino (I meticulously put in its stats exactly) because it lived with 1 HP from Ryoma. Why does this ALWAYS happen on the last match?

Roman

are you fucking serious, get to the final match a 7 streak then literally completely unbeatable team that does not follow the AI rules at all. It was just a mess of breakable walls, dancer, units randomly using rally skills and apparently the calculator was completely wrong about a Nino (I meticulously put in its stats exactly) because it lived with 1 HP from Ryoma. Why does this ALWAYS happen on the last match?

Tiles? Spur?

Mupod

there are no defense tiles this week, I guess I didn't check to see if anyone had spur def. But it wouldn't have mattered at all, there was no way to separate them. For example I moved Hector up in attack range of both Sharena and Azura, but neither attacked him. Both DID have weapons equipped, I check for this now.

Sharena rallied Azura who then danced her and she decided to attack a wall instead of the Hector she had previously been in range of. At this point my positioning was fucked and I was going to lose someone if Nino didn't die, even then the AI didn't do what I expected and Sharena didn't rally Nino. So she could've killed Ryoma if she moved+danced anyways.

I guess the easy 6 matches I had earlier in the week were just to troll me because now I'm running into azura/brave bow+luna user bullshit again as well.

alcheim

XG53qJX.jpg

nP6hum3.jpg

Pc9ieZS.jpg

After looking through the current list of obtainable characters at this point, I'm now only lacking Olwen, Karel and Mint in my collection. Gotta catch em all

redcrayon

I've already started playing. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

My last purchase was Pokemon Sun all the way back to November 19, 2016. My lack of subsequent game purchases was my justification to even spend on the FEH gacha.

My time with this app has been enjoyable, and I'll continue to play it casually. I went overboard on the spending and regret it. I learned my lesson.
Thats the way I enjoy it now too- the orbs soon build up even if you're logging in for a few minutes each day.

Mupod

I keep forgetting I have Drag Back on Sharena. I attack with her so rarely. I don't think it would've helped though. The problem I run into is that if a character is in range of someone they can kill, the dancer will prioritize getting them there. But if they aren't, all kinds of unpredictable bullshit happens.

Now that I've seen the weirdness caused by rally attack on dancers a few times I feel like I'm seeing it constantly. I ran into it on the map that's nothing but a wide open space with breakable walls, and it's fine there because you have breathing room and can separate the AI.

Speaking of weirdness, strangest unit I saw today: 4* Florina with Distant Counter. Wut?

Currently playable characters by game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...of_playable_characters_in_fire_emblem_heroes/

With the 2 SoV banners done, Leif and Micaiah are now the only lords that haven't joined the roster. Wonders who will come first. Probably Micaiah to follow in the PoR banner's footstep?
Her sister
Sanaki is so lonely there.

I suppose RD's banner will probably bring a story chapter (World of Dawn?) while Thracia's will probably just be a paralogue. As for characters, RD will probably have Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, and Laura. They can certainly throw in Edward and Leonardo as well to make it a 6-unit banner if they like. Since the PoR banner is strictly Greil Mercenary only I bet the first RD banner will be Dawn Brigade only as well.

As for FE5, Leif and Finn are pretty much given; Nanna probably is as well. If they already have these 3, they might as well throw in Eyvel (will she wield sword or bow though) to complete the "family" set.

Either way, will certainly break the bank when any of these drops.

Definitely looking forward to a Sacred Stones banner. There's only two characters from it, and that especially seems to stick out amongst the games that are relatively newer+saw western releases. Not planning on spending money again but I do really want Ross. The last time I hoarded orbs I was in dire need of a distant counter red, but right now all I need is Fury and fodder units, so I don't see myself doing that.

I'd actually prefer to see the trainees from Sacred Stones added as 3* characters, with Donnel-like stats.

Firemind

Didn't Joshua and Lute place pretty high in the popularity polls?

I still don't understand how Lon'qu got so high. His portrait is so dopey lol

I really just need Nephenee. Goddess. And Guinevere when they come around to it.

Sushen

I guess your tier doesn't matter to the arena match making? My second account is in tier 7 and only 2 units are level 40. Even if I chose beginner, I was matched against full level 40 team of which a couple units were even merged.

I managed to beat it but it was strange that tier 7 beginner matched against merged level 40 team.

redcrayon

I keep forgetting I have Drag Back on Sharena. I attack with her so rarely. I don't think it would've helped though. The problem I run into is that if a character is in range of someone they can kill, the dancer will prioritize getting them there. But if they aren't, all kinds of unpredictable bullshit happens.

Now that I've seen the weirdness caused by rally attack on dancers a few times I feel like I'm seeing it constantly. I ran into it on the map that's nothing but a wide open space with breakable walls, and it's fine there because you have breathing room and can separate the AI.

Speaking of weirdness, strangest unit I saw today: 4* Florina with Distant Counter. Wut?

Definitely looking forward to a Sacred Stones banner. There's only two characters from it, and that especially seems to stick out amongst the games that are relatively newer+saw western releases. Not planning on spending money again but I do really want Ross. The last time I hoarded orbs I was in dire need of a distant counter red, but right now all I need is Fury and fodder units, so I don't see myself doing that.

I'd actually prefer to see the trainees from Sacred Stones added as 3* characters, with Donnel-like stats.
I think the one I'd really like to see from Sacred Stones is Rath, a mounted archer would be something different. Ross and Amelia as 3* would be characterful too, as you say.

Personal faves:,
Gilliam (armour Lance)
Gerik (infantry, sword)
Duessel (cavalry, axe)
Cormag (flier, perhaps Lance so it's different to the others and he has access to it as the wyvern Knight class).
Saleh (infantry, green tome)

For a GHB, how about Selena? Mounted tome user, nice design too. I liked her, one of my favourite enemies,

I guess your tier doesn't matter to the arena match making? My second account is in tier 7 and only 2 units are level 40. Even if I chose beginner, I was matched against full level 40 team of which a couple units were even merged.

I managed to beat it but it was strange that tier 7 beginner matched against merged level 40 team.

Nah, thankfully not or it would get crazy. I am in Tier 18 and I regularly face opponents in single digits.

You're only Tier-matched for rewards.

Mupod

I assumed that Spring Camilla would open the floodgates of flying archers and mages but so far, nothin'. And yeah, no mounted archers either.

Actually, consdering how awful those could be on defense teams with brave bows I guess I'm fine with that.

backlot

I assumed that Spring Camilla would open the floodgates of flying archers and mages but so far, nothin'. And yeah, no mounted archers either.

Actually, consdering how awful those could be on defense teams with brave bows I guess I'm fine with that.

I'm really hoping for Aversa in the next batch of Great Hero Battles. It would be nice to have a more accessible flying mage and a red one would help in the Nino/Julia meta we currently live in.

parasight

Easter banner burned me hard with over 200 orbs and no focus unit, this time around I managed to pull Charlotte in less than 40. Counting my blessings and stopping there. Was even fortunate enough to pull a +SPD/-RES. I've got a 5* Peri that I never use, maybe I'll feed her Killer Lance+ instead of promoting and feeding a Brave Lance+.

redcrayon

Rath is Blazing Sword.
Ah, fair enough. Maybe I'm thinking of a promoted Gerik or something, I'm sure I had a mounted archer in Sacred Stones. My memory is clearly giving out, time for a replay of the GBA games :D

Edit: yes, Rath's Nomad class in Blazing Sword became the Ranger promotion in SS.

ggx2ac

I am out of Stamina potions from quests to farm for Hero Merit, I only need 4.5k more feathers to 5* Alphonse and then all Alphonse, Anna and Sharena are taken care of for when I don't want to use a bonus hero from the current banner.

Your tier doesn't matter for matchmaking, it never did.

I didn't fully appreciate what Bridal Lyn can do until I was testing her and realized this meant I could have my unit attack the foe with zero risk after she hit'em.

I'm glad I have her now.

Sushen

I feel sorry for low tier players who more likely have smaller/less completed unit pool to build their teams. I definitely struggle with tier 7 account while tier 17 account cruises each week.

It must still be February in over half my arena matches then.

I feel sorry for low tier players who more likely have smaller/less completed unit pool to build their teams. I definitely struggle with tier 7 account while tier 17 account cruises each week.

I mean, that's what the easy and medium difficulty options in the arena are for.

Is there even anyone besides Aversa they could use for flying mages? I just can't remember any other canon/non-class change flying magic user.

Pejo

I didn't fully appreciate what Bridal Lyn can do until I was testing her and realized this meant I could have my unit attack the foe with zero risk after she hit'em.

I'm glad I have her now.

Yea as I've been leveling her with "auto battle" I'm noticing just how damn powerful the Candle is. She's going to be a mainstay in those "defend for 6 rounds" stages for sure. That default heal she has is crazy too. I watched the computer slowly kill a green flyer with a blue mage that would constantly take the mage down to about 20% HP remaining per round, only to be fully healed each time by Lyn.

kswiston

I pulled a bridal Caeda. I think I like her art the best of the 4, but I don't know how useful she is. I wanted Cordelia. I still have 20 orbs left after pulling 40. My brain knows it is a bad idea to try another pull, but I am still tempted.

I haven't​ seen a Takumi in a long time.

You must be missing all the horseys in arena that clop on the ground and fly in the air.

If you run an infantry team, it's all Takumis, Ikes, and Azuras these days. I have decided that I don't care about arena enough to do more than float by week to week, so 680 matches are heavy on all-distance counter units.

One day I will have a horse team. Also, you must have sunk a crazy amount of time into this game. I only have two units over 1k merit points. None maxed.

Sushen

I mean, that's what the easy and medium difficulty options in the arena are for.
Haha, my original complain was about tier 7 in easy mode. That's alright. I've made my point and I don't intend to drag it further as it was more odd than real complain.

I pulled a bridal Caeda. I think I like her art the best of the 4, but I don't know how useful she is. I wanted Cordelia. I still have 20 orbs left after pulling 40. My brain knows it is a bad idea to try another pull, but I am still tempted.
I started out as not much interested to why not pull once for the heck of it to I really want bride Cordelia. I fear for my decision to stay f2p, now. This game...

Mupod

these Azuras are gonna give me gray hairs I swear to god. Literally EVERY team. Also kinda funny that nobody uses bonus units in their defense team at all, I dunno how they could fix this with the way arena defenses work though.

of all the breakable walls maps I definitely prefer the 'checkerboard' one. You can at least separate enemy teams if you get far enough away. The double walls one is sometimes nice when they are full of cavalry and you can chokepoint them, but there's so little room to work it's usually nerve wracking.

The most common arena units I see these days are definitely Azura, Ryoma and Reinhardt. I do see Julia and Nino as well, but they aren't as ubiquitous as they were a few weeks ago. Klein is the most common archer I see lately for some reason, and he's a big problem as unlike Takumi he's a threat to Hector.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The most common arena units I see these days are definitely Azura, Ryoma and Reinhardt. I do see Julia and Nino as well, but they aren't as ubiquitous as they were a few weeks ago. Klein is the most common archer I see lately for some reason, and he's a big problem as unlike Takumi he's a threat to Hector.
Most common people I see are probably Hector, Azura, Effie, and Ike. Julia, Rein and Nowi are pretty common too. I probably see Hector in almost every match. The most common bonus unit I see on defensive teams is Sharena. Haven't seen any of the brides yet.

I've also seen Klein a lot more often than Takumi. I think he's more dangerous than Takumi for sure, especially when paired with Azura.

I am so, so glad I have a Julia now. Being able to tank Rein and/or oneshot Azura from range works wonders. She can kill almost anything in one turn with a dancer.

Draxal

Bamboo 竹;238820292 said:
Pulling colorless is a torture.

Everytime I pull a Wrys, Felicia, Nibel or Gaius my heart crushes.

Tbh, pulling colorless is pretty good because of Klein. Blue has Reinhardt.

Bamboo 竹;238820292 said:
Pulling colorless is a torture.

Everytime I pull a Wrys, Felicia, Nibel or Gaius my heart crushes.

What's worse is getting presented with no Colorless orbs and on both occasions getting a 5* Seliph and 5* Boey from a single off banner color orb ruining a summoning rate.

Akuun

I actually kinda want to pull more Felicias. I want to try building a 4* +10 Felicia just for shits and giggles.

Maybe I can find a +res one and see how stupidly magic tanky I can make her.

Mupod

oh, finally went and took a look at this.

all cavalry, huh? For the banner I'd imagine they will include an anti-horse tome user, but Ursula and Robin have been GHB only and so far they have kept those units out of normal summoning. Which leaves Raigh as an obvious inclusion, as he's never been a focus unit and there are two green horses for him to counter. Yeah, kind of hoping this banner has shit characters like Raigh so I can try for a Cordelia or one more shot at the Weapon Triangle one.

Battle itself looks straightforward enough. Just thinking of free units - a durable axe like Gunter, FRobin or Raigh, Ursula, Olivia should clean this map up with ease. Unless that red mage has wings of mercy or something, that'd be a small problem.

I personally plan to draw Camus out with a repositioned Hector, who should finish him off instantly. From there the cleanup should be simple.

lt519

Going for 5* Titania/Cecilia gets 5*Camilla(+SPD/-def) and 4*Titania(nuetral)....meh, can at least now give Titania or Frederick a Brave Axe+ when I 5* one.

I personally plan to draw Camus out with a repositioned Hector, who should finish him off instantly. From there the cleanup should be simple.

Anywhere you could bait Camus to attack Hector is in range of the red mage tho

Edit; nvm there is one square he isn't.

Sölf

I am out of Stamina potions from quests to farm for Hero Merit, I only need 4.5k more feathers to 5* Alphonse and then all Alphonse, Anna and Sharena are taken care of for when I don't want to use a bonus hero from the current banner.

Which map do you farm? I am currently sitting on Map 2 with 4 lance users (I only need 2 though). Sully takes care of the top and Ephraim + Dancer of the bottom. What about other maps?

Sushen

Between atk-/res+ Linde and hp-/speed+ Bride Caeda, who has the right to be the owner of blade tome in the team?

Still looking for Bride Cordelia, but having her and Charlotte is awesome so far.

Between atk-/res+ Linde and hp-/speed+ Bride Caeda, who has the right to be the owner of blade tome in the team?

Still looking for Bride Cordelia, but having her and Charlotte is awesome so far.

Go with Caeda, fury 3 and desperation and if you buff her speed she will be at 47 speed! 48 if you add the speed seal.

Is it crazy to want more brides even after having a -hp/+atk bride cordelia?

Need help, want out of this rabbit hole. My mind keeps saying stop and save, but my gut keeps saying pull.

Sushen

I'm thinking db3 and desperation if I were to go with Bride Caeda as her attack sucks as much as the normal one. I'm leaning towards her over Linde. Hopefully it's not a mistake because 20k has o promote Odin is a huge investment which I won't be able to do multiplie times.

That sounds like overkill. You could just run Deathblow 3 or Life and Death 3 to make up for her low attack stat instead.

I have a +spd Bunnicina with the exact same attack as Bride Caeda and with Blarblade+ and she kills even Hector. 42 Atk and Blarblade is not a problem. And why is Fury overkill but not Life and death? I've never liked sacrificing Res and defense for what would be 2 extra Atk and Spd anyway.

Also I have seen a lot more units in arena with 40+ speed. Getting up to 47-48 speed is not as overkill as you'd think.

Akuun

TA+Swordbreaker Olivia is pretty amusing. Suddenly she can take down Hector or Lucina in a fight, no problem.

I guess it's because Olivia has similar combat stats as Eirika.

Sushen

I'd like to share some numbers for bride Caeda with hp-/spd+ as I ran the tool. Interestingly enough LaD gets me the most kills and deaths while death blow gets me the least kills and deaths.

LaD 69-44-8 (w/l/d)
DB 67-37-18
Fury 67-41-13

DB leaves the most draws out of all, which I'm not sure how it translates into the arena battle.

It looks like hp- is in between def- and res-, which I'm fine with.

Edit: LaD2 gets 69-42-10 which is 2 less death and 2 more draws than LaD 3. Hmm..

Akuun

Make sure to check the defensive wins/losses too. Sometimes having a serviceable enemy phase is more important than winning over everything during player phase, even for casters.

This game should allow you to check a replay of the game of your successful defenses, so you can analyze them to make better defense teams. If I can reckon some trend by my own results, a defense team with a Dancer/Singer can do wonders since I have got at least 5 defense wins per season since I got Azura in my defense team. Before that I could barely manage 1 defense win per season.

Sushen

Bamboo 竹;238852524 said:
This game should allow you to check a replay of the game of your successful defenses, so you can analyze them to make better defense teams. If I can reckon some trend by my own results, a defense team with a Dancer/Singer can do wonders since I have got at least 5 defense wins per season since I got Azura in my defense team. Before that I could barely manage 1 defense win per season.
That will be awesome. In fact I can sit and watch it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom