• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

So... I'm officially a broken man.

30 orbs later...

NO RAGRETS

I'm so, so sorry.

Why would you purchase that many orbs for just one unit though? The amount you save is marginal and best and though you're set up for a while, I would've personally bought them in stages as I failed to roll the character. You don't even have to exit the summoning screen.

Also, a reminder that you spent that money to get a healer. Something almost useless outside of the training tower.

Regardless, congratulations. It's always a good feeling to get what you want even if it costs a small part of you (and your wallet) to do so.

Roman

jose.png

I apologize, when I did that calc I still had a +10 merged version of her in there.

Still, with a +1 Spd seal this nature nets:

124 wins · 6 losses · 4 draws
128 favorable · 6 unfavorable · 0 other

The absolute highest I can get with Takumi is +Atk/-Def and a +1 Spd seal netting:

120 wins · 1 losses · 13 draws
128 favorable · 1 unfavorable · 5 other

So actually at maximum and +0 merges Cordelia edges him out but not by much.

Wiseblade

I'm so, so sorry.

Why would you purchase that many orbs for just one unit though? The amount you save is marginal and best and though you're set up for a while, I would've personally bought them in stages as I failed to roll the character. You don't even have to exit the summoning screen.
To set a limit for myself. If I didn't get Lyn in the 140 orbs, I was going to cut my losses and stop. Going piecemeal is only smarter if you have the restraint.

Also, a reminder that you spent that money to get a healer. Something almost useless outside of the training tower.

Regardless, congratulations. It's always a good feeling to get what you want even if it costs a small part of you (and your wallet) to do so.
Bridal Lyn is my only 5* healer and with the permadeath mode looming, her skillet seems very useful. Not to mention the Training Tower applications.
As if her viability is why I wanted her...

To set a limit for myself. If I didn't get Lyn in the 140 orbs, I was going to cut my losses and stop. Going piecemeal is only smarter if you have the restraint.

Bridal Lyn is my only 5* healer and with the permadeath mode looming, her skillet seems very useful. Not to mention the Training Tower applications.

Yea I am really hoping the permadeath mode is good. And yea Bridal Lyn may be a great asset for that mode.

OVDRobo

Makes sense. 140 orbs is 140 orbs regardless. You can just use the rest at a later date so you don't need to buy more later. There's always that crazy chance you can pull another and get a merge before the banner ends as well if you want to go that route.

I keep forgetting about the permadeath mode. It'd be really nice if healers finally had a practical use outside of training tower. Bride Lyn's weapon is also a really interesting one, though I imagine in a game as aggressive as this, it could be tough to work in to a strategy without getting her killed in the process by surrounding units.

I can understand gunning for the characters you like regardless of their viability, too. I run a 5* Beruka pretty often despite some of her flaws and was really happy when I pulled a Chrom despite not having much practical use for him. One of the really great things about the way this game is built with star promotions and skill inheritance is that it lets you make almost any unit somewhat viable, if not optimal.

I'm not really into all this obviously fanservicey bride stuff, but I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I'd love to see more serious alternate versions of characters some day, though, whether it be alternate classes or straight-up redesigns.

lt519

I use healers all the time in the 6 turn defense modes, they are awesome with a dancer. Old Fire Emblem style you can just set up a road block with a tank, heal dance heal (with Balm buff).

Meeps

She's simply the best archer in the game now, without any doubt.

With a Brave Bow+/Life And Death 3/Swordbreaker/Luna/+1 Atk Seal build your Cordelia literally destroys the entire rest of the cast except Effie in the calculator.

Yes, this number is inflated and doesn't reflect what you meet in the arena in practice, but it's still ridiculous.

Thanks for the info!

Sushen

I've got hp+/def- Charlotte. Is she good enough to level up and invest? I've got a long list of Lance users, but the game likes to give me more of the same, I guess.

MANUELF

Banned
Dont know what to do, kill my first and so far only Nino (+ATK -RES) for Cecilia (+ATK -SPD) or leave her alive and use her, both are 3 stars

Ninferno

Dont know what to do, kill my first and so far only Nino (+ATK -RES) for Cecilia (+ATK -SPD) or leave her alive and use her, both are 3 stars

+ATK Nino is pretty good, not as optimal as +SPD, but still good. Slap on Darting Blow 3 and you're golden. I would advise against sacrificing her, especially when she's your only Nino.

Ninferno

For amusement only, this is what the current Arena#1 looks like. Pretty crazy stuffs.

This guy has been constantly ranked #1 for many seasons but this week as FemCorrin becomes a bonus char he finally got the chance to unleash his Dragon Emblem (I guess when Ninian was up he wasn't ready with SI yet) and broke his personal score record.

For those of you who are wondering, all YTiki, Nowi, and FemCorrin here are using Dark Breath+ and Aether. For passives, you can tell what they are by the icons. The reason for using Distant Counter instead of the built-in DC in Lightning Breath+ is that Distant Counter is a 300SP skill (he doesn't even need DC because at this score range he probably will only face armors and dragons), higher than your usual 160/200/240 level 3 A skills. Same goes for Aether over Moonbow. Extreme score inflation is a first world problem for people who are competing for the arena throne.

His Fae is not done yet.

Sushen

Now I got a spd+ 4* Nowi, and wonder if I should keep her at 4* and inherit 5* Nowi's weapon to her or eventually promote her to 5* later.

How much hero merit I've farmed so far from the trial map.

Edit: Concerned about my rank since it's hard enough trying to pull another perfect win streak at this level to get it higher.

Do different maps give out different amounts of merits? I've mostly been farming on the tenth and ninth stratum for merits and it's been slow as hell

macklelol

Do different maps give out different amounts of merits? I've mostly been farming on the tenth and ninth stratum for merits and it's been slow as hell

The Kozaki Yusuke maps give 4.6 HM on normal difficulty for 5 stamina, so that's the most efficient maps to farm HM.

I did some HM farming using those maps for a while, but it's such a bore.

Ninferno

Currently playable characters by game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...of_playable_characters_in_fire_emblem_heroes/

With the 2 SoV banners done, Leif and Micaiah are now the only lords that haven't joined the roster. Wonders who will come first. Probably Micaiah to follow in the PoR banner's footstep?
Her sister
Sanaki is so lonely there.

I suppose RD's banner will probably bring a story chapter (World of Dawn?) while Thracia's will probably just be a paralogue. As for characters, RD will probably have Micaiah, Sothe, Nolan, and Laura. They can certainly throw in Edward and Leonardo as well to make it a 6-unit banner if they like. Since the PoR banner is strictly Greil Mercenary only I bet the first RD banner will be Dawn Brigade only as well.

As for FE5, Leif and Finn are pretty much given; Nanna probably is as well. If they already have these 3, they might as well throw in Eyvel (will she wield sword or bow though) to complete the "family" set.

Either way, will certainly break the bank when any of these drops.

ggx2ac

The Kozaki Yusuke maps give 4.6 HM on normal difficulty for 5 stamina, so that's the most efficient maps to farm HM.

I did some HM farming using those maps for a while, but it's such a bore.

That's why I have it on auto battle while playing Fire Emblem Echoes at the same time.

I'm on a 250 orb streak with no 5* units. I think I'm actually just done with the game. Never before have I played a Gacha and went this many rolls without a SSR.

Holy shit. I didn't think that was possible with the way the 5* chance increases as you pull. That sucks dude.

I had the Shadows of Valentia banner at 6.5% drops and still didn't get anything. Of course the first thing I pull from the Bridal banner was a 4* Mae. I need SinoAlice to come out so I can be disappointed over that for a bit.

ggx2ac

I'm on a 250 orb streak with no 5* units. I think I'm actually just done with the game. Never before have I played a Gacha and went this many rolls without a SSR.

I had the Shadows of Valentia banner at 6.5% drops and still didn't get anything. Of course the first thing I pull from the Bridal banner was a 4* Mae. I need SinoAlice to come out so I can be disappointed over that for a bit.

What kind of pulls were you doing? Were you going for specific colours or did you roll on all 5 orbs that appeared each session?

PK Gaming

For amusement only, this is what the current Arena#1 looks like. Pretty crazy stuffs.

This guy has been constantly ranked #1 for many seasons but this week as FemCorrin becomes a bonus char he finally got the chance to unleash his Dragon Emblem (I guess when Ninian was up he wasn't ready with SI yet) and broke his personal score record.

For those of you who are wondering, all YTiki, Nowi, and FemCorrin here are using Dark Breath+ and Aether. For passives, you can tell what they are by the icons. The reason for using Distant Counter instead of the built-in DC in Lightning Breath+ is that Distant Counter is a 300SP skill (he doesn't even need DC because at this score range he probably will only face armors and dragons), higher than your usual 160/200/240 level 3 A skills. Same goes for Aether over Moonbow. Extreme score inflation is a first world problem for people who are competing for the arena throne.

His Fae is not done yet.

LONG LIVE DRAGON GIRLS

EDIT: As a concept. I'm not into little girls...

Sölf

How much hero merit I've farmed so far from the trial map.

Edit: Concerned about my rank since it's hard enough trying to pull another perfect win streak at this level to get it higher.

I just farmed a bit, Map 2 with two good lance users is really easy. Not sure how much I will farm though, but I will do that map a few more times. At least until the current team reaches 500 HM.

Wiseblade

Holy shit. I didn't think that was possible with the way the 5* chance increases as you pull. That sucks dude.
Actually, FEH is probably the Gacha where bad luck streaks are most likely to occur. Other games will guarantee you at least get something with a full pull, so the scenario of an all 3* pull is exclusive to FEH. Secondly, the pity rate is tied to each banner. So someone who rolls in small bursts doesn't really benefit. It's a system that rewards pulling in bulk, either by hoarding F2P orbs or by opening your wallet.

What kind of pulls were you doing? Were you going for specific colours or did you roll on all 5 orbs that appeared each session?

I originally went for only colored units, but after I passed the 100 orb mark I decided to just go for whatever. Burned through 60 more orbs on that banner and then 80+ on the Bridal looking for Blue/Colorless.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Actually, FEH is probably the Gacha where bad luck streaks are most likely to occur. Other games will guarantee you at least get something with a full pull
We only care about the highest rarity in games though and unless there's some super special awesome event happening in game, that something is worth nothing.

June Quests will keep me occupied for a little while at least.

I'm getting higher scores in Arena, but I'm also dying much more often. I don't even know if I can get a perfect streak this season. Honestly, I won't even care that much if I get demoted to tier 16. I'm not that invested at this point.

I just picked up my Limited Edition of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, so my focus will go to that. It's actually the first game that I've bought this entire year.

Ninferno

Same old boring grindy monthly quests... Hey IS, can you be a little bit more creative about this? These "15 Tower wins with xxx type to get ONE orb" quests are getting really old.

Really looking forward to Camus though.

I just picked up my Limited Edition of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, so my focus will go to that. It's actually the first game that I've bought this entire year.

Congrats. Enjoy the game!

Actually, FEH is probably the Gacha where bad luck streaks are most likely to occur. Other games will guarantee you at least get something with a full pull, so the scenario of an all 3* pull is exclusive to FEH. Secondly, the pity rate is tied to each banner. So someone who rolls in small bursts doesn't really benefit. It's a system that rewards pulling in bulk, either by hoarding F2P orbs or by opening your wallet.

I've definitely learned to save orbs to pull in bulk. It's very hard to wait so long to do so though.

OVDRobo

Got a Cordelia with good art, the Bride event was a success for me.

I was actually tempted to pull on the bride banner for this reason alone. There's something about the way the Cordelia/F Robin artist draws lips that is really offputting. I'll continue stockpiling my orbs for now, though, since I never know when a new character I'm interested in will drop and I'm not really looking for an archer. Cordelia's not exactly at the top of my list of favourite characters, either with the whole perfection thing. I'm really surprised I haven't pulled a single one since she's in the 4* pool, though. Guess it's all the Odins and Oboros that the game thinks I need.

---

I'd completely forgotten that it was monthly quest rollover day somehow. At least I've got a few more reasons to pick up the game now aside from levelling Ogma because I finally played through Shadow Dragon and he seemed vaguely interesting. I was considering levelling Navarre (or Nabarl, as my EU version tells me) too but he seems a bit more highly-strung in Heroes than elsewhere.

A lot of my complaints with my Arena matches have gone away this week because I was forced to use my 4* Level 37(+1) Olivia. My usual team averages around 10-15 points more for advanced matches but I get thrown into some real rough situations. It doesn't help that most of my favourite characters tend to be melee units and I'm stubborn about running a team I like against one that is easier to win with.

Theosmeo

His Fae is not done yet.

Would a fully SIed +10 Draug, Gwendolyn, Sheena, and Julia match that score? Those first 3 have the highest BST in the game but Julias is kinda poor. I just want to unleash julia on that team lol

macklelol

Hey so now that rally att+spd exists as a tier 2 support skill is it the optimal skill to have from an arena standpoint?

Yes, since it's the most expensive assist skill now.

Though you'd need to sacrifice a Bride Cordelia for it, and I don't think that's a worthwhile trade.

redcrayon

Good choice. It was the first game I bought since January, really enjoyed it, quite refreshing after months of tapping away at FEH.

Ninferno

Would a fully SIed +10 Draug, Gwendolyn, Sheena, and Julia match that score? Those first 3 have the highest BST in the game but Julias is kinda poor. I just want to unleash julia on that team lol

It is definitely possible on paper, though I'm not sure there will be another guy crazy enough to do such thing. lol

Good choice. It was the first game I bought since January, really enjoyed it, quite refreshing after months of tapping away at FEH.

I've already started playing. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

My last purchase was Pokemon Sun all the way back to November 19, 2016. My lack of subsequent game purchases was my justification to even spend on the FEH gacha.

My time with this app has been enjoyable, and I'll continue to play it casually. I went overboard on the spending and regret it. I learned my lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom