• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

So, I was playing the last of my 7 matches on that sand map:

360px-Map_Z0008.png

My opponent's team was Hector, Ike, Zephiel with a distant counter skill, and Effie. I didn't see anything too noteworthy on the other units besides their regular loadout, but I rarely have more than one armor in a fight.

3 distant counters, two of them being armors, really put a limit on the usefulness of my Kagero. My other 3 units were Ike, Sharena, and Azura.

I used Ike (with support from Sharena and dancing from Azura) to kill the enemy Ike. I also used him to kill Zephiel, but had to skip a turn to avoid triggering his reprisal skill on his counter turn (which would kill my Ike). In the process of doing this, Hector and Effie were able to come close to boxing me in the the left corner there. They are slow, but I couldn't get every unit out of the way of both of them (at least not for more than a turn) because of the mountains.

Luckily AI Effie came in and shoved Hector between those two mountains on the bottom left, forcing him to spend 4 turns getting back to me. By that point, Effie was dead via Kagero, and I got to finish my streak without losing another character (I did lose one on match 4, so not quite a flawless run). Thanks AI!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It's kinda easy to avoid buying orbs, because the prices seem way too high. $2 doesn't even buy you a pull. 5 orbs for $1 and I'll think about it!

forgrim

So randomly pulled wedding lyn and dont really know the consensus...good bad, useless? -atk +res.

Not really sure i can ever fit her in a team

ggx2ac

Sölf;238835469 said:
Which map do you farm? I am currently sitting on Map 2 with 4 lance users (I only need 2 though). Sully takes care of the top and Ephraim + Dancer of the bottom. What about other maps?

The Kozaki Yusuke Trial 2 Map of the Trial Maps that use only 5 stamina to get 4.6 Hero Merit per time.

So randomly pulled wedding lyn and dont really know the consensus...good bad, useless? -atk +res.

Not really sure i can ever fit her in a team

The hope is that the Permadeath mode is a substantial mode and she will be of great benefit there. She will also be a great help in repeat GHB where you need to kill X unit with Y unit.

She will be amazing if they ever add Wrathful Staff 1 as a sacred Seal.

I have a +spd Bunnicina with the exact same attack as Bride Caeda and with Blarblade+ and she kills even Hector. 42 Atk and Blarblade is not a problem. And why is Fury overkill but not Life and death? I've never liked sacrificing Res and defense for what would be 2 extra Atk and Spd anyway.

Also I have seen a lot more units in arena with 40+ speed. Getting up to 47-48 speed is not as overkill as you'd think.

Kind of late to get back to this, but Life and Death at least has the benefit of more attack. Regardless of what people say, more attack is quite good on a blade mage once they reach 40ish speed, since you will be buffing them anyway. Their defenses aren't too big of a deal if you decide to go desperation as long as you can take a single hit. But yes, the speed from Life and Death would be overkill. The attack is the main point though, and is more than worth it. I personally prefer deathblow over life and death though.

Also, sorry for any spelling errors. Typing from my phone.

Sushen

With decent IV bride Caeda and Charlotte in hand, I need to decide whether to continue pushing my luck for Cordelia or back to saving orbs for the summer release of special Ike from the pre-release fan votes. Hmm, f2p life...

Ninferno

Only got to finished arena runs for both of my accounts just now because I forgot to utilize my dueling swords yesterday. My main finishes at 4846 while my alt gets 4838. Pretty content with these results and will just sit back and relax for the rest of the week.

This week's nostalgic arena maps have reminded me how freaking OP Reinhardt is without the defensive tiles being there to limit his ORKO potentials. On my alt account, he killed 27 out of the 28 enemies I had to face in my run. With Olivia in the team, his already insane offensive prowess just get amplified to a level above god-tier. I just went mindlessly kill-dance-kill, kill-dance-kill each battle and it's over before I even noticed it. My Hector and Ryoma on the other hand, can just brag about their awesome BSTs while sitting at the corner, doing absolutely nothing. A Julia did show up though, and that's why Reinhardt didn't kill all my enemies, but other than that, guys like Hectors and Ninos are no match for +Atk Dire Thunder and Luna.

I did have a harder time with my main account though. Nowi and Nino still perform really well just like before, but I do need to be a lot more careful. I was so shocked when I found my Darting Blow 3 Nino couldn't double a Cecilia, who turned out to have a freaking 40 effective SPD after hone and goad. Needless to say, this was one of those sneaky Olivia led, Reinhardt + Cecilia + Eldigan teams. Thankfully, I have my own Olivia too, but it was damn close.

I'm really not liking all these Olivias I faced this week; they are making things far more unpredictable than it should. Worse still, we are likely gonna stuck with this ocean of Olivias for two more weeks...

Spoit

Yeah, these maps have really shown how much planing around those tiles have deteriorated my guesses at positioning. Especially with that 2 wall map, I keep getting my characters stuck in a corner, while the rein+olivia or azura hem them in

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Only got to finished arena runs for both of my accounts just now because I forgot to utilize my dueling sword yesterday. My main finishes at 4846 while my alt gets 4838. Pretty content with these results and will just sit back and relax for the rest of the week.

This week's nostalgic arena maps have reminded me how freaking OP Reinhardt is without the defensive tiles being their to limit his ORKO potentials. On my alt account, he killed 27 out of the 28 enemies I had to face in my run. With Olivia in the team, his already insane offensive prowess just get amplified to a level above god-tier. I just went mindlessly kill-dance-kill, kill-dance-kill each battle and it's over before I even noticed it. My Hector and Ryoma on the other hand, can just brag about their awesome BSTs while sitting at the corner, doing absolutely nothing. A Julia did show up though, and that's why Reinhardt didn't kill all my enemies, but other than that, guys like Hectors and Ninos are no match for +Atk Dire Thunder and Luna.

I did have a harder time with my main account though. Nowi and Nino still perform really well just like before, but I do need to be a lot more careful. I was so shocked when I found my Darting Blow 3 Nino couldn't double a Cecilia, who turned out to have a freaking 40 effective SPD after hone and goad. Needless to say, this was a sneaky Olivia led, Reinhardt + Cecilia + Eldigan team. Thankfully, I have my own Olivia too, but it was damn close.

I'm really not liking all these Olivias I faced this week; they are making things far more unprintable than it should. Worse still, we are likely gonna stuck with this ocean of Olivias for two more weeks...

Honestly, anyone who is not using a dancer on defense at all times is doing it wrong.

Ninferno

And Camus's done. Used my usual PvE team of Nowi/Nino/Olivia/Healer without thinking too much about it. It's pretty fun, effortless but not too mindless.

Battling Camus banner is pretty interesting too, especially for those who are into dragon emblem.

Ninferno

Won a match with 700 points just now, which is something I've never seen before, especially with a dancer (the only merge I have is a Nowi + 1). This mush be the game toying with me and giving me all kinds of false hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom