• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was actually the toughest GHB fight I'd had since the first one. Finally beat it with Olivia, Hector, Reinhardt, and Lyn. Strangely enough, Camus himself was a total pushover. The real challenge was keeping Hector away from the red mage and Reinhardt away from the green Pass duo.

Camus battle was hard until I realized I need to stop trying to make a single chokepoint.

Placed my Nowi on one side of the tree and my Spring Chrom on the other. Chrom was backed up by Sakura and Nowi was backed by Nino. This made it so one axedude went after Nowi and the other got buffed by the mage and suicided against Spring Chrom. Then Camus attacks and dies because then Spring Chrom's Dragonic Aura special is up.

The other axedude is killed by Nino. Then it just became a game of baiting the healer and red mage in while Sakura kept people alive.

ggx2ac

I fell out of the bracket for getting into tier 20. I have to try to get back in.

Faced this in Arena.

DBTcX30VwAAmRyv.jpg

Westlo

So I put a bit of money into this banner....

Got...

Bridal Caeda +att -def
4 star Reinhardt +att -hp.
Bridal Lyn +res -spd (ffs)

First time I've managed to pull Reinhardt and his IVs are awesome.

Pony Emblem team is a gogo...

Reinhardt (need to 5 star), Camus if he's good (need to 5 star), Xander and Cecilla 4 star +2 (can raise to 4 star +5)

Krorg

I used Lucina, Nino, Boey and Ninian to beat Camus. Boey got the first hit in and then dragged out of range. Next turn Nino finished Camus and the rest was straightforward.

Golnei

This was definitely the easiest one so far - I've just kind of stumbled through the past ones (even Lloyd required a restart) but this presented much less of an obstacle. Maybe the cavalry should have been equipped with Hammer+?

Mupod

Huh, I tried using Hector to initiate on the Lunatic version and not only did he die on the first turn, the healer who took out half his HP lived somehow? Dunno how people are using him on this, mine did nothing but buff Nino in the end.

What I did was I put Nino in a spot to get a decent amount of buffs, then Repositioned her into the edge of the aggro range. I walked her up, killed Camus, then danced her and dragged back Olivia. I kind of wasn't paying attention and Olivia ended up in range of two units. My Olivia is only 4*+4 but has a Ruby Sword so she tanked the healer and green axe guy like a champ. On my turn Nino killed the axe, and Ryoma+dance cleaned up the healer and red mage. Next turn the green guy killed himself on Ryoma. Kind of an accident but hey I'll take it.

Zafir

Huh, I tried using Hector to initiate on the Lunatic version and not only did he die on the first turn, the healer who took out half his HP lived somehow? Dunno how people are using him on this, mine did nothing but buff Nino in the end.

Use buffs to boost Hectors res/def. It'll give him just enough to survive the first turn. Then you can clean up with some other units.

Edit: As said below the healers special helps too.

Firemind

I hope people don't use the excuse of "They just can't give everyone Distant Counter!" again when they literally released three characters with built in Distant Counter in the last six weeks.

Fuck off, IS.

redcrayon

What I did was I put Nino in a spot to get a decent amount of buffs, then Repositioned her into the edge of the aggro range. I walked her up, killed Camus, then danced her and dragged back Olivia. I kind of wasn't paying attention and Olivia ended up in range of two units. My Olivia is only 4*+4 but has a Ruby Sword so she tanked the healer and green axe guy like a champ. On my turn Nino killed the axe, and Ryoma+dance cleaned up the healer and red mage. Next turn the green guy killed himself on Ryoma. Kind of an accident but hey I'll take it.
The healer has miracle, so survives on 1hp if his special is ready.

I found this quite tough on lunatic, mainly as I couldn't stop the red Mage nuking Hector and only have Sophia as a 5* magic option.

After a dozen failed attempts, cycling through my options, I tried a fresh strategy of Cordelia, Effie, Marie, Olivia. Cordelia flies up the left flank, to break up their formation and remove some of those bonuses. Effie sets up on the bottom right, with Marie and Olivia behind her. Cordelia stays away from the land, stopping the knights hitting her, but keeping the healer occupied with attacking her. Camus runs down onto Effie who takes him out with Olivia's help. Despite triangle disadvantage, Effie eventually overpowers the green cavalry due to healer and dancer support, and as soon as those cavalry aren't in position to counter Cordelia, she swoops in to take out the magic users. Job done!

I really like the GHBs, a proper workout for my roster and rewards having a diverse list that covers all the bases.

Sölf

I died once on hard, but only twice on lunatic. Imo it wasn't the easiest one, but definitly one the easier ones. Beat it with 5* Michalis with Drag Back (after battle, whatever it's called in english), 5* Azura (any Dancer would work), 5* Tharja and 4* Ursula. Had to use a few seals though, especially the Hone Res one, else Michalis died to the Healer.

Scum

I managed to do Camus on Lunatic after my second go! I'm always usuless at these but I even managed to surprise myself. Team was Hector, Sanaki, Olivia and Hinoka. Flying down the left side and baiting the healer gets the ball rolling. :p

redcrayon

I managed to do Camus on Lunatic after my second go! I'm always usuless at these but I even managed to surprise myself. Team was Hector, Sanaki, Olivia and Hinoka. Flying down the left side and baiting the healer gets the ball rolling. :p
Yeah, that's what I did too, breaks up their formation nicely, do it with a blue flier and you are perfectly placed to leap on the magic users later too :)

parasight

I won't lie it usually takes me a few full stamina bars to figure out GHBs on Lunatic. This was the first time I actually beat it in just two tries. Sheena tanked everything. And Effie even survived getting hit by the green axe. Reinhardt and Xander cleaned up easily.

Mupod

My Camus banner predictions were spot-on. Look at how cute that Hector is.

I do kind of want to just 20 pull on it just because it has 1 of every color, but there's no units there that I'm dying to have. I have no dragons and Olwen is potentially strong, but there's nobody I'd use on any of my actual teams.

I threw 14 sniping greys on the bride one before I came to my senses, maybe I'll just hoard for the next one.

Ekid

Surprisingly good battling banner, at least for me.

As a F2P I'm not interested in the Event banner like the Easter or wedding ones since it means no possibility of merge in the long term.

My main team was:
Eirika 5* 40+2
Tharja 5* 40+2
Nowi 5* 40
Minerva 5* 40
With Minerva/Nowi swapped out depending of the bonus unit.

But after getting destroyed by Reinhart in arena a few time I decided to replace Minerva by a +Speed/-HP Fae that was gathering dust. Had to use 20k feathers to give her Lightning Breath+ but it was worth it since Arena is a lot easier for me now.

With Sharena being a bonus unit this week I can run a full 5* team for the first time in a long time, currently in tier 18 winning 688-698pts per match.

Decided to pull red/green on this banner and second pull net me yet another Tharja, the third one I pull at 5* while not being the focus.

Guess I have a 40+3 Tharja now...

Edit: And I got shit with the remaining 130 orbs of course...

lt519

Michalis MVP of that banner. I was surprised my Rein DB3 couldn't one shot Camus off the start, but as soon as I baited everyone to move he could, not sure if they had him start buffed.

Camus is moving immediately onto the horse emblem team. Rein/Xander/Camus and now I might go Cecilia. That's a tough team to run up against.

Mupod

Not yet sure what to think of the 3*, but pretty happy with this pull. Azura and Linde at 5...

this would have been a shit your pants tier pull before Hero Fest and the banners that followed with Azura and Linde. Still insanely good, those heroes being more common hasn't made them any less amazing. And if you think about it, not likely we'll be seeing them as focus units (again) any time soon since they were available twice in rapid succession.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This GHB looked hard with infantry. I was very surprised to see that Julia couldn't kill Camus and would in fact get distant countered to death. This will probably be a pretty big issue in arena.

Switched to a flier team and made short work of it. Cherche oneshotted Camus, Palla cleaned up the axes and red mage, and Hinoka killed the healer.

Mupod

This GHB looked hard with infantry. I was very surprised to see that Julia couldn't kill Camus and would in fact get distant countered to death. This will probably be a pretty big issue in arena.

Switched to a flier team and made short work of it. Cherche oneshotted Camus, Palla cleaned up the axes and red mage, and Hinoka killed the healer.

that Camus has higher HP than normal, and if you check the units surrounding him, he's receiving passive cavalry buffs from them. He is a bit of a threat to a stock Julia though, with her terrible speed. But at least you won't see any +5 versions of him any time soon.

Sushen

Camilla on the far left edge to lure the healer and the rest of the team on slight left upside-down L shape formation.

From there, it's a matter of enemy units come down to get killed by my Reinhardt and dancer one by one while Camilla ran the hell out of the harms. A red unit takes care of the last axe unit. Pretty fun map and definitely the healer with miracle was a big threat interestingly enough.

A bit disappointed by lack of extra quest/mission for the battle as I can always use extra orbs or potions.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
True. My Julia wasn't speed buffed at the time either, so that probably helped Camus double her.

Interesting to see a distant counter spear user for the first time. I wonder if he'll be popular in cavalry teams?

Mupod

True. My Julia wasn't speed buffed at the time either, so that probably helped Camus double her.

Interesting to see a distant counter spear user for the first time. I wonder if he'll be popular in cavalry teams?

I feel like there's already a lot of competition for the blue spot in a cavalry team. Reinhardt, Blarblade Ursula or a kitted out Olwen for example. He does have the advantage of coming with Goad Cavalry, previously Reinhardt-only

Xander/Camus/Cecilia/Ursula would be a pretty effective team and fun because they are all free units. Probably just have to hook Xander up with Triangle Adept in case of multiple greens.

backlot

I like that last week in Tier 18 I had no chance at all of moving on but this week in Tier 17 it seems like I don't even need a no death run to move up. I wonder how much easier Tier 18 will be next week.

Sushen

With bonus character switch 2 weeks away, Camus won't be a bonus character next time, Right? As much as I like him, I can't put priority to train on him if I can't use him for the arena...

What's the general impression on bride Charlotte?

Weebos

Banned
With bonus character switch 2 weeks away, Camus won't be a bonus character next time, Right? As much as I like him, I can't put priority to train on him if I can't use him for the arena...

What's the general impression on bride Charlotte?

Pretty sure they have had some very late GHB arenas in the past.

They could also very easily include two GHB's for a season.

Mupod

Not stopping me, already hard at work getting him ready for defense. I want to try Rein, Xander, Camus and Olivia. Nothing else I do works ):

That SP seems low, did you promote at 20 or use crystals? You're gonna regret that when it's SP farming time.

Hopefully we get another double SP event soon, at least.

lt519

That SP seems low, did you promote at 20 or use crystals? You're gonna regret that when it's SP farming time.

Hopefully we get another double SP event soon, at least.

Promoted at 20, I don't particularly care to grind to 40 at 4* and then again at 5*. He'll reach full 5* potential at some point in the next few weeks regardless. I plan on keeping Goad on him so he won't be too expensive of a character to max out. Plus Horse Emblem isn't complete yet, another week+ until I have enough feathers to promote either Cecilia or Titania (really I'm holding out hope for Elise + Wrathful Staff).

Draxal

I don't think we know what the next ghb will even be at this point. Camus was the last of the characters that we had datamined and were already in the game.

I'm hoping for Berkut or Linus next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom