• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlot

I don't think we know what the next ghb will even be at this point. Camus was the last of the characters that we had datamined and were already in the game.

I'm hoping for Berkut or Lloyd next.

Aversa please! I want a red tomb flier!

What else should I add here? No Fury 3 because it's not within my feather budget rn. Unfortunately she's -spd but +atk makes up for it.
-spd +atk is fine for Cherche honestly. Death Blow is probably better than Fury if you can get it and I like Drag Back or Hit and Run as B slot. I assume this is for a flier team right?

Roman

What else should I add here? No Fury 3 because it's not within my feather budget rn. Unfortunately she's -spd but +atk makes up for it.

Death Blow, Drag Back and Reposition. Speed bane is actually ideal here.

Since we're posting Camus builds:

image.png

Mupod

er, didn't we just have Lloyd? Unless there's other Lloyds.

-spd +atk is what you want on her. Death Blow 3 would be ideal if you can swing it. Drag Back is the other standard for that build.

edit: beaten, but yeah Roman is correct.

lt519

Damn putting in work already.

So ideally you'd start with the 3* Camus to get even more SP at lower levels. Is that what you did?

Draxal

-spd +atk is what you want on her. Death Blow 3 would be ideal if you can swing it. Drag Back is the other standard for that build.

There is another Lloyd but I meant Linus.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm worried his GHB is too long ago by the time for switch. Likely, we'll have another GHB by then.

That would be sad. He's a pretty great unit that would go well with my current team. I'll be leveling him up regardless though.

Aversa please! I want a red tomb flier!

-spd +atk is fine for Cherche honestly. Death Blow is probably better than Fury if you can get it and I like Drag Back or Hit and Run as B slot. I assume this is for a flier team right?

Yeah it's for a flier team. I keep forgetting Drag Back is a thing. I guess Death Blow 2/Reposition/Drag Back is the best I can do for now.

Roman

Damn putting in work already.

So ideally you'd start with the 3* Camus to get even more SP at lower levels. Is that what you did?

Yes, I promoted twice at about level 31-33 without using crystals except when he only needed a few hundred to reach 30.

As I planned months ago I'm going to run him alongside Xander, who has Fortify Cavalry.
Reinhardt and Cecilia both have Goad.

Camus buffed by Fortify and two Goads has 59 Atk, 44 Spd, 40 Def and 26 Res.
Xander buffed by Hone and two Goads has 65 Atk, 41 Spd, 40 Def and 20 Res.

Yes, I promoted twice at about level 31-33 without using crystals except when he only needed a few hundred to reach 30.

As I planned months ago I'm going to run him alongside Xander, who has Fortify Cavalry.
Reinhardt and Cecilia both have Goad.

Camus buffed by Fortify and two Goads has 59 Atk, 44 Spd, 40 Def and 26 Res.
Xander buffed by Hone and two Gods has 65 Atk, 41 Spd, 40 Def and 20 Res.
Fucking what!?

Roman

Yeah but the mage would have to be buffed because of Distant Counter. If he has Vantage online, gg.
On defense I will probably replace someone with a dancer, like I'm doing already.
Having Draw Back on Cecilia and Swap on all three others is surely going to irritate someone.

Not sure she can handle that.

This Nowi doesn't have Triangle Adept or even Quick Riposte - a fully buffed Xander kills her in one round.

Even Triangle Adept 3 Nowi doesn't kill him if she initiates.

Sterok

Hector, Olwen, Lucina, Eirika. Not even a challenge. Hector blows up the first wave and finishes off Zeke, and Olwen nukes mage cav, Lucina drags her to safety, and Eirika laughs at the last axe knight.

lt519

Not sure she can handle that.

Haha, the team Roman listed would be an absolute nightmare on that bridge map.

I put TA2 on my Nowi, I think she could survive.

So Roman, whats the logic behind putting Goad on Cecilia instead of keeping it on Camus. You have a Blarblade+ Cecilia?

Roman

Haha, the team Roman listed would be an absolute nightmare on that bridge map.

I put TA2 on my Nowi, I think she could survive.

So Roman, whats the logic behind putting Goad on Cecilia instead of keeping it on Camus. You have a Blarblade+ Cecilia?

I run Goad on Reinhardt and Cecilia because Cecilia runs Gronnblade and is the one who benefits the least from Goad. This means Xander and Camus have to be the two running Fortify and Hone.

They're running Goad/Goad/Hone/Fortify. Gronnblade Cecilia wants all the Cavalry buffs and having her hold onto Hone/Fortify Cavalry means that she's losing 12 to 18 extra damage on her weapon and +6 Atk/Spd or Def/Res in exchange for +8 Atk/Spd.

Assuming she doesn't double:
Hone/Fortify/Goad gives her 34 extra damage.
Goad/Goad/Hone gives her 26 extra damage.
Goad/Goad/Fortify gives her 20 extra damage.

So what's the optimal spread of Calvary skills for

Camus
Xander
Elise (wrathful staff)
Reinhardt

This is my core team so I plan to merge any Camus and Xander I get from returning GHB, so I don't want to sacrifice a Camus for Goad Calvary.

I was thinking

Camus - Goad
Xander - Hone
Elise - Hone
Reinhardt - Fortify

Reinhardt needs the fortify buff the least out of anyone, and the double Hone ensures everyone is buffed. I was thinking about putting fortify on Elise but if she gets a fortify buff she can tank a +atk +5 Reinhardt, so that would be worthwhile.

Anyone see a better distribution?

When you use 103 Orbs and the only possibly useful pull you get is a 4* Reinhardt, once you see that his IV is -ATK you really start wondering why you play this game. Way too many 100 orbs spent on nothing significant or just one ok SI fodder. Can't wait to lose my high pity rate on a second 5* Maria or some shit.

Mupod

god dammit I made it to 6 and rookie mistake, baited out a Ryoma and forgot to check their Hector for Wings of Mercy.

Rage-sworded my way back up to 6, all super easy fights. Why is only the last fight ever a problem?

Give me the news, lads. I've got Camus, Xander, Reinhardt and Titania.

How bad is it?

sounds like a fine team to me, could swap out Camus for the weekly bonus unit. If you had a spare Distant Counter for Titania she'd be the perfect answer to enemy Reinhardts. As it is she should have no trouble taking 0 damage from them.

Scum

What so bad about that. It's no Gunter/Jeigan.
😂

sounds like a fine team to me, could swap out Camus for the weekly bonus unit. If you had a spare Distant Counter for Titania she'd be the perfect answer to enemy Reinhardts. As it is she should have no trouble taking 0 damage from them.
Emerald Axe+/Iceberg/Distant Counter/Desperation/Hone Calvary? 🤔

Found Camus mission to be absurdly easy. I "accidentally" beat it on what was supposed to be a research/strategy run, even with a mistake on the healer. Nino, Eirika, Ninian, Brave Axe Cherche (who never got to use it, just tanked and ran away after the healer nearly killed her)

I think I'll make him into my fourth unit that is used for missions but never gets to be in the Arena, along with Ike and Nowi. I really like Nino, but it locks me into a scheme when Eirika is basically necessary. Alternatively, I might end up dumping Ninian and play with Ike, Nowi or Camus for a higher arena score once I lock in a perfect week.

commish

god dammit I made it to 6 and rookie mistake, baited out a Ryoma and forgot to check their Hector for Wings of Mercy.

Rage-sworded my way back up to 6, all super easy fights. Why is only the last fight ever a problem?

I now always check for WoM because I got burned by it before too. And I always find fight #5 to be the hardest. Who knows why.

In other news, I messed up my defense team and used Xander, Hector, Julia and Olivia. Not a good comp because Xander will run ahead and Hector will lag behind. However, for some unknown reason, I already have a few defensive wins. I would love to see a reply to understand how.

Sushen

When you use 103 Orbs and the only possibly useful pull you get is a 4* Reinhardt, once you see that his IV is -ATK you really start wondering why you play this game. Way too many 100 orbs spent on nothing significant or just one ok SI fodder. Can't wait to lose my high pity rate on a second 5* Maria or some shit.
I know it's not a popular opinion, but if you're sniping colors, that may worsen the problem too.

I'm pretty sure there are cycles of luck where I got 5 stars back to back or no 5 stars for a while. I noticed the luck got worse when I pulled only one or two in each batch. Surely, you may get units you don't need but I think it helped circulating the cards. Of course, it's my opinion and have no proof though. Someone who got back to f2p after wasting tons speaking.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Rage-sworded my way back up to 6, all super easy fights. Why is only the last fight ever a problem
My 7th had 3 Hectors, I was like how am I supposed to deathless this.

kewlmyc

So what's the optimal spread of Calvary skills for

Camus
Xander
Elise (wrathful staff)
Reinhardt

This is my core team so I plan to merge any Camus and Xander I get from returning GHB, so I don't want to sacrifice a Camus for Goad Calvary.

I was thinking

Camus - Goad
Xander - Hone
Elise - Hone
Reinhardt - Fortify

Reinhardt needs the fortify buff the least out of anyone, and the double Hone ensures everyone is buffed. I was thinking about putting fortify on Elise but if she gets a fortify buff she can tank a +atk +5 Reinhardt, so that would be worthwhile.

Anyone see a better distribution?

Nope. In fact, that's so good, I'm stealing it. :p

Camus - Goad
Xander - Hone and Fortify
Reinhardt - Goad and Fortify
Elise (wrathful staff) - Hone and Goad
Cecilia - Hone

I'm trying to have it so I can options each week for arena/Grand Battle/whatever. Also some where mistakes I made before planning things out (fortify on Xander).

Omg I just got a 5 star Azura.

That was the last piece of my dream team of Ike/Ryoma/Julia/Azura. Now to grind like a demon till they have all the skills I want on them.

Not bad for someone who's only put $25 into the game.

Mupod

weird teams like that are partly why I like Ardent Sacrifice. I normally use it to turn on Desperation (also a good solution for multi-Hector) but up to 30 HP heal on one character can make a big difference.

It's very very rare that I run into one-color stacked teams though.

commish

I don't think my team could beat this team. I usually don't run any red units and I rely on Julia and Hector to take out enemy Hectors. They can take out 2 but don't have the HP to do 3 without a healer.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I try to have Reciprocal Aid on at least one member of my team so that if anyone has to work overtime to kill super imbalanced teams like this, I could at least use the other units as HP batteries. That's why my Donnel count is pretty low lol.

Otherwise that's exactly why armored teams are hard to deal with sometimes. It's easy to lose a war of attrition if they are so tough and meant to overwhelm that one guy on your team who's supposed to handle them.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It may be tricky on cramped maps where it may be convenient to have someone take a hit, but otherwise should be fine, especially if you have Drag Back/Reposition on a few people.

I agree about the low BST though. That might be an issue.

Should be 17 days before Camus will be a bonus unit for Arena. Wonder if I can go from 0 feathers to 20k by then.

Arena is about 5200 a season and there is 3 seasons rewards left before the one where he should appear. That's 15600 already. I have 24k right now but they might be used to make a very good Charlotte (The Anthem! Should create a build and call it "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous". Would fit her very well. Am I too old? haha) or Cordelia (if I pull her before the banner ends or before I give up on that stupid banner).

Sushen

Should be 17 days before Camus will be a bonus unit for Arena. Wonder if I can go from 0 feathers to 20k by then.

Arena is about 5200 a season and there is 3 seasons rewards left before the one where he should appear. That's 15600 already. I have 24k right now but they might be used to make a very good Charlotte (The Anthem! Should create a build and call it "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous". Would fit her very well. Am I too old? haha) or Cordelia (if I pull her before the banner ends or before I give up on that stupid banner).
There should be another voting gauntlet which will fill the rest of feather need. What's your plan for charlottes? I'm working on her as well also hoping for Cordelia before it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom