• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBWXd04V0AAmG5S.jpg
DBWXd03UQAAUlI1.jpg

DBWXd03UMAAGYgH.jpg

There's someone out there real proud of this distant counter armor emblem team, I was too fucking happy to, carefully, whoop their ass.

Theosmeo

kind of wish there was a vanilla arena. I can't plan for all this shit

thats what makes it fun for me at least. the other day I had to fight a hector, effie, zephiel, quadelia team on the 2 walls map. it was a toughscrape(mostly because cordelia was like +3) but i barely squeeked by. It was super satisfying

Then i bumped into them again on the same map and just remembered my steps lol, easy 696

What's your plan for charlottes? I'm working on her as well also hoping for Cordelia before it's over.

I just don't know because I lack the SI I want most. I really want a Brave Lance+ and Life and Death 3 build but I don't have either to sacrifice without spending 20k per skill. Might do it with LD2 but everytime she'll miss a double by 1 Speed or a kill by 2 HP I will be upset...

Now I wish I had +ATK instead of +SPD because I have a few Death Blow 3.

Thinking also about going Killer Lance+ with Fury 3 and Draconic Aura. I would need to sacrifice my Lukas or Catria. Don't know if KL+ worth the 20k feathers if I do no sacrifice.

Finally, might go minimal investment and keep her spoon, use her Wind Boost 3, Draconic Aura, Reciprocal Aid and a breaker. Would have her kill the right units on defense turn and have Draconic Aura ready on attack turn. Her high HP could also just have her refill someone else to full if needed using RA.

Like I wrote before, never been so torn on a character build. Farmed 2k SP on her and I just feel like giving up and not doing shit with her. :/

Wichu

Urgh, one death off a deathless run at tier 17, and only because of a stupid mistake. Forgot Leo's tome had the slow effect, so I didn't leave enough space to move Eirika out of Reinhardt range. I'm pretty sure I could have easily won that battle if I hadn't messed up. Next time, hopefully!

Current squad (all 5*, level 40, no merges):

Eirika +Defense/-HP
Sieglinde/Rally Defense/Glimmer
Defiant Atk 2/Drag Back/Hone Spd 3/Speed +1

Nino +Speed/-Defense
Gronnblade+/Draw Back/Moonbow
Fury 3/Desperation 3/Hone Atk 3/HP +3

Robin (M) +Resistance/-Speed
Blárraven+/Swap/Bonfire
Triangle Adept 3/Quick Riposte 1/Spur Def 3/Attack +1

Sharena
Fensalir/Rally Attack/Glimmer
Speed +3/Fortify Def 3/Fortify Res 1

Pretty pleased with how I'm doing. Currently trying to get a better-natured Robin to merge this one into. +Attack would be really useful. Also need to work on improving some of my throwaway skills (and getting something for Sharena's B slot).

I never knew colorless orbs were so rare. Of 5 or 6 sessions I've only seen 2 of them.

This game has an insane knack for giving you the opposite of what you want. When I was hunting for other units I would get colorless all the time. Even training tower can be that way. Trying to level up Camus? Hope you like green armors.

Sushen

This game has an insane knack for giving you the opposite of what you want. When I was hunting for other units I would get colorless all the time. Even training tower can be that way. Trying to level up Camus? Hope you like green armors.
LOL that's how I feel all the time. Even this time, the game is generous enough to give me 2 blue focus 5*s, except I want colorless.

lt519

Daaaammn Horse Emblem is fun. Camus/Rein/Xander/Cecilia is just mopping everything up. I'm not even close to done either. Only got Camus with Goad and Fury 3. Still gotta give him a B and a good special.

I got a 3 star Cecilia I might start over with just to have a fresh pool of SP to mold her with. I leveled this 4* one pre-SI.

AaronB

Camus worked out great for me. Beat both difficulties first try as a ftp. I thought I'd send in my infantry team of Nino, Olivia, Nowi, and Corrin (M). Nowi used reposition to send Nino up the middle to knock out Camus. Olivia danced Nino so she could draw back. Nowi countered the red mage. The axe users were no problem for Nino and Corrin. When I tried the same strategy on Lunatic, it worked again.

Now I can finally make a horse emblem team even though I've never drawn Reinhardt, or Abel. I'm leaning towards Camus, Xander, and Cecilia, with Ursula as an alternate or for 4-man groups.

Sushen

I thought I was going to have the first deathless run this week. I was matched with 678 team expecting another usual team.

It was +4 team of Azura, Linde, and Tharja. Only non-merged unit was bride Cordelia with brave bow and full set of skills. How can it be only 678???

Yeah, that ruined my run as I lost 2 units. It was even the two wall level. I hate this game as it trolls me.

ggx2ac

I screwed up trying to beat my arena score and ended up wasting a lot of duel crests for it.

Started again and fought some horse emblems, waiting for some free duel crests to use up.

I fought and won perfectly against a guy that had a level 47 Bridal Cordelia, level 50 Reinhardt, level 50 Reinhardt, level 49 Olwen.

Yes, he had two level 50 Reinhardts, all 5*.

And then I fought against a guy who had the name horse emblem because I thought it would be a trick. Nope, he had horses, still won though. Thankfully wasn't as hard as the earlier one.

Chauzu

I've been playing this game a lot lately. I've got a bit addicted to Hero Merit farming; every resource I get in this game I spend on getting more HM, including orbs. It has been paying off tho, for 4 weeks straight I have got 20k feathers, and I am on track to get it next week too. It has helped me get a decent looking arena team; atm it is +3 Olivia, +1 Nino, +1 FemCorrin, +1 Minerva. Currently I have a 4852 run in tier 18, so promotion to tier 19 is sealed. Will be fun to see if a similair run there takes me all the way to 20.

OVDRobo

Managed to beat Lunatic Camus eventually. He was slightly tough for me because I lack any sort of decent green mage at a passable level to deal with Camus himself easily. I've had my fair share of Nino's but I'm not all that interested in her. A Julia or Soren would be nice but I haven't gotten lucky enough yet. The key was a dancer, Beruka and Hinoka flier-buffing each other and Sanaki nuking the horses. It's nice having a good horse-mounted lance user with distant counter. He might replace Sully in my (rarely-used) horse emblem lineup. Now it's just deciding between Eldigan and Xander for my red slot.

Ran into a strange arena team earlier consisting of a Kagero, two dancers and a Reinhardt. I could see what they were going for, but it was on this map:
and the Reinhardt just wandered off to the north of the map to break walls for some reason while the Kagero ran face-first into my Hector and melted. The two dancers were dead by the time he came back and to be honest it was just kind of depressing.

Well, I had a surprisingly easy perfect run after my first attempt ended in total failure. I was losing a unit on several battles, and I had a party wipe on the last battle. My previous score was around 3600 from doing Advanced battles, which tells you how bad it was.

I was happy to have a nice combination of manageable maps and lack of Dancers this time around. I only had to use one Dueling Crest this season to get my current score of 4786. This is my highest score yet, and now I'm ranked 3119 in Tier 17! I also have two Defenses worth 566 and 568 each.

This current set of bonus Heroes has done wonders for my Offense and Defense. 4* Olivia is putting in work on Defense, and I am using 5* Sharena for Offense. This is the first time I've done Arena with an all 5* team in ages.

To think that I was about to give up on Arena.

ggx2ac

Using up all those duel crests was very pointless.

I can't reliably get a better score.

My score range for each fight goes from 704-714.

I obviously want 714 points as much as possible but it's not going to happen.

I can't do anything to make my units stronger.

I beat my score by 12 points and it only increased my rank by 20 places.

No longer possible for me to get back in.

Mupod

Managed to beat Lunatic Camus eventually. He was slightly tough for me because I lack any sort of decent green mage at a passable level to deal with Camus himself easily. I've had my fair share of Nino's but I'm not all that interested in her. A Julia or Soren would be nice but I haven't gotten lucky enough yet. The key was a dancer, Beruka and Hinoka flier-buffing each other and Sanaki nuking the horses. It's nice having a good horse-mounted lance user with distant counter. He might replace Sully in my (rarely-used) horse emblem lineup. Now it's just deciding between Eldigan and Xander for my red slot.

Ran into a strange arena team earlier consisting of a Kagero, two dancers and a Reinhardt. I could see what they were going for, but it was on this map:

and the Reinhardt just wandered off to the north of the map to break walls for some reason while the Kagero ran face-first into my Hector and melted. The two dancers were dead by the time he came back and to be honest it was just kind of depressing.

Breakable walls maps are the worst because the AI is so unpredictable, especially with dancers and rally skills involved. Twin walls is maybe my most hated, at least up there with the lava one and this piece of shit:

I had 1 win to go and 3 swords up this morning - first opponent, 690 with bride cordelia out front. NOPE. Second, 692 with Olivia. NOOOPE. Third, 684 with Fae. Team was one of the easiest setups I've ever seen - Fae, Peri (literally cannot damage Hector), an unmerged 24 speed Julia, and Tharja. No tricky inheritance or buffs. But it was on the twin walls map, and that map is so shit it even made THAT team a pain in the ass. Twice I had Linde in a good spot to bait Tharja and instead they decided to rally each other or break random walls other than the one I expected. I eventually got them to break up a bit by separating Sharena and Ryoma to opposite ends of the map, and it was easy from there. But fuck that map.

I looked up this week's arena map rotation and apparently the desert one is in...I've done over 20 matches this week and never saw it. Just twin walls all day.

Anyways, 4808 isn't a great score but I'm in the top 2000 of tier 18. As long as I stay under 5000 I'll move up. And from there, I doubt I'll even try to move up to 20 - I'm fine with being bounced around between the 4 orb tiers. So a relaxing arena week where my points don't matter could be nice.

kewlmyc

Using up all those duel crests was very pointless.

I can't reliably get a better score.

My score range for each fight goes from 704-714.

I obviously want 714 points as much as possible but it's not going to happen.

I can't do anything to make my units stronger.

I beat my score by 12 points and it only increased my rank by 20 places.

No longer possible for me to get back in.

No, there actually is.

ggx2ac

No, there actually is.

I don't have the money to farm for a level 50 bride character.

I'm almost at 20k feathers but I'm still using that to upgrade Alfonse for the bonus unit rotation.

This was pretty much my best chance to get into Tier 20 because one of my main characters is also the arena bonus unit and now I'm going to be booted back down to tier 18, so I'm probably going to be jumping between the two tiers for the next three months.

kewlmyc

I don't have the money to farm for a level 50 bride character.

I'm almost at 20k feathers but I'm still using that to upgrade Alfonse for the bonus unit rotation.

This was pretty much my best chance to get into Tier 20 because one of my main characters is also the arena bonus unit and now I'm going to be booted back down to tier 18, so I'm probably going to be jumping between the two tiers for the next three months.
Weird how there's no Tier 19.

Ninferno

This was pretty much my best chance to get into Tier 20

Dang, I'm getting demoted from Rank 18. Goodbye 1 extra orb.

Guess I won't ever be getting higher than Rank 18 as a F2P player.

These are not true. Given time, when the number of players in each tier reach a equilibrium, around 7% of the entire player base will be in T20, 14% will be in T19. That's 21% combined, lots of competitive F2Ps can easily reach that.

The score required to be in T20 will drop significantly as more people move up. People like ggx2ac is going to stay in T20 until the end of the world; there's no question about it. Just relax bro, give it a few weeks and see what happens.

lt519

Yeah from what I've been told and seen here that a score of 4806 would not have been enough to move from 18 -> 19 last week. This week I'm firmly in the top half of the 5000 slated to move to 19. Wonder where my old score of 4770 lands now.

Either way the influx of people from lower tiers each week will make the previous higher tier easier to achieve.

Ninferno

Yeah from what I've been told and seen here that a score of 4806 would not have been enough to move from 18 -> 19 last week.

Last week at T18, even a score of 4850 isn't enough to get you promoted to T19. But that's the first batch of T18, so it is understandable. Look at this week and see what much easier it is.

Roman

Alright I did 2 rounds of 20 orb pulling and got a bride (lyn). What do I do with her lol. I'm new to this gsme

We have an FE GAF Discord server that is linked in the OP of this thread where we can help you out to get started with team building and deciding what to do etc.

3 colorless and 2 blue orbs.

3* Sully (SI fodder)
3* Odin (SI fodder)
3* Wrys (SI fodder)
3* Lissa (SI fodder)
5* +Atk/-Res Bride Lyn

At least I got one.

lt519

All that is left is to put Swap on Camus and then wait for arena to end to get my final 20k so I can add Cecilia. But right now it doesn't even matter, these three chew through anything put on a board. The combo of Moonbow, Fury, and Vantage 3 on Camus is absurd. I was SP farming Stratum 10 with Olivia as a 4th and I didn't even use Reinhardt once in a fight. Might put Fury 3 on Xander if I get another Hinata. But with Armored Blow and buffed Xander can throw himself at blues and win, it is silly.

Might change up Reinhardt's B skill to Lancebreaker, Vantage 3 on him doesn't seem worth it.

Sushen

As I promoted Camus to 5*, I'm out of Fury and Vantage...TT On the other hand, I finally redeemed myself from past disasters at 7th matches and made a perfect run with 4778. Switching out Nino for Hector helped a lot.

It looks like I'm joining tier 18.

lt519

Wow just got totally lucky with a 5* Titania (+HP/-DEF) with only 5 orbs from the tower quests I finished while farming/leveling Camus. Been pulling for Cecilia in that triangle adept banner but I'll take this for sure, could have full horse emblem by tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom