• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally managed a deathless run. Ran into a few Reinhardts but fortunately no full horse teams. Fynnily enough the Spur Res seal was the difference between my Hector tanking him or not.

Another week of my Sanaki being MVP. There was one clutch ass moment where I had my whole team sandwiched next a Ryoma + Hector with a Kagero just in range of 2 of my units. My Hector has threaten attack so the Ryoma got taken down to 48. I had to rally attack on Sanaki so that she could one shot the opposing Hector with a HP seal, maneuver my Hector the hell out of the way and then Sanaki had to tank the Ryoma. She lives with 2 freaking HP thanks to sword breaker!

Next turn my Nowi bops Ryoma for free and Serena takes care of Kagero who was running Close Counter. Managing to survive with 5 HP from full health.

That was some ass clenching shit there.

HoodWinked

got a perfect run and my highest score ever.

D6hALDv.jpg

and... its good for nothing.

Firemind

Didn't even need a deathless run to go up to tier 17. Next week will be difficult though with no *5 bonus hero. I don't know how people manage it.

OVDRobo

This looks silly..

I can understand spending money to obtain a character you really like, but +10 seems like an incredible waste.

Look at those defense and resistance stats. It's not like the 10 extra levels have made it so she's more durable than wet paper. It might take two units getting in range of her rather than one to finish her, depending on what build they're running. Her fundamental role of killing things in one turn hasn't changed. She's just slightly better at it and it probably costs hundreds if not thousands of whatever currency.

I suppose I should be grateful in some ways since people like this keep the game running, but on the other hand they're also the reason why the dreadful business model is so successful. Like a prisoner renting their own cell.

Ninferno

Someone from a Chinese forum has compiled some info regarding the current number of players from Tier 10 to Tier 20. Tier 1 to Tier 9 are ignored here because it is difficult to find someone active in discussion but is stuck in such low tiers.

fgQhmb-kg3dKrT3cSlz-ak_zps7kotxv0m.png

(Y axis: Tier, X axis: Week)

Based on the number of players at each tier in the week ending June 6 and the promotion/demotion percentage, the author has calculated what will each tier has in the coming weeks. Note that this is assuming T1 ~ T9 has zero people as of now. The actual number of each tier will turn out to be bigger for sure.

It is interesting to see that T10 to T20 combined has around 270k people. If we take the lower tiers into account, we are likely talking about some 300K active players. That means over time, T20 will eventually have around 21k (300k * 7%) people, among which the top 30%, or 6k people will stay at T20 forever.

Mupod

I question the decision to use firesweep for Cordelia. Even at +10, I don't think she can ORKO many units.

they're obviously running that with a dancer. With 47 speed and Luna, I don't think there's any +10 character that she won't kill. I tested it on TA3 MRobin and she wins with 1 dance and one +4 attack buff. Obviously, there's no chance of Cordelia dying, as firesweep prevents counterattacks.

edit: nevermind, forgot to update Robin to +10 the second time. Still, she puts a big dent in him. And I guess Wary Fighter 3 poses a problem for her.

Sushen

they're obviously running that with a dancer. With 47 speed and Luna, I don't think there's any +10 character that she won't kill. I tested it on TA3 MRobin and she wins with 1 dance and one +4 attack buff. Obviously, there's no chance of Cordelia dying, as firesweep prevents counterattacks.

edit: nevermind, forgot to update Robin to +10 the second time. Still, she puts a big dent in him. And I guess Wary Fighter 3 poses a problem for her.
Oh, I thought Firesweep stops follow-ups. So, Firesweep is an alternative to Brave bow+, I guess. Which would be better for non-merged?

lt519

Someone from a Chinese forum has compiled some info regarding the current number of players from Tier 10 to Tier 20. Tier 1 to Tier 9 are ignored here because it is difficult to find someone active in discussion but is stuck in such low tiers.

fgQhmb-kg3dKrT3cSlz-ak_zps7kotxv0m.png

(X axis: Tier, Y axis: Week)

Based on the number of players at each tier in the week ending June 6 and the promotion/demotion percentage, the author has calculated what will each tier has in the coming weeks. Note that this is assuming T1 ~ T9 has zero people as of now. The actual number of each tier will turn out to be bigger for sure.

It is interesting to see that T10 to T20 combined has around 270k people. If we take the lower tiers into account, we are likely talking about some 300K active players. That means over time, T20 will eventually have around 21k (300k * 7%) people, among which the top 30%, or 6k people will stay at T20 forever.

So how is 300k active players for a game like this? Doesn't sound great but I really don't know much about mobile.

got a perfect run and my highest score ever.

and... its good for nothing.

Damn I'm glad I cherry picked 686 matches, burned a high number of crests though. My normal is 4770 but was able to push it to 4806 and I'm sitting at 2685 now. I'll gladly flip between Tier 18 and 19 for the rest of eternity as the number of people in 18 is going to grow such that a 4770 will probably bump you to 19 soon.

I just want some damn defenses, even horse emblem is failing me there. It's been three weeks. Beginning to think a lot of it is luck of the draw as I don't have that much of a different team then anyone else. I might have to give Reinhardt Wings of Mercy or something just to be a dick.

Mupod

A lot of people don't even do arena, and I have a friend that has played since launch and is T9. He has more 5* than I do but he just doesn't like doing arena.

Oh, I thought Firesweep stops follow-ups. So, Firesweep is an alternative to Brave bow+, I guess. Which would be better for non-merged?

Yeah it just prevents counterattacks. Thinking about it, I bet this person has both weapons on her, and they swap in Firesweep when they are finished their run for defense. Firesweep is really annoying on defense especially on a unit like this that can actually hurt people.

I've never used either, and I certainly won't ever have a +spd bride cordelia, but I think I'd rather have the brave bow. Once Desperation is active, with that speed and a buff there is probably nothing that would live. The only units that can reach her speed level generally won't have the defense or HP to live through one round of that brave bow.

Sushen

Yeah it just prevents counterattacks. Thinking about it, I bet this person has both weapons on her, and they swap in Firesweep when they are finished their run for defense. Firesweep is really annoying on defense especially on a unit like this that can actually hurt people.

I've never used either, and I certainly won't ever have a +spd bride cordelia, but I think I'd rather have the brave bow. Once Desperation is active, with that speed and a buff there is probably nothing that would live. The only units that can reach her speed level generally won't have the defense or HP to live through one round of that brave bow.
I don't have Cordelia, but I have Firesweep in hand whereas brave bow+ will cost me 20k feathers. If I ever get her, I'll be in dilemma.

Hazu

Hi gus!

I'd love to have some help to build a good team. Right now I'm using pretty much anything as I have no clue what I'm doing. I haven't inherit a single skill yet so I have plenty of 4 stars I could use for I guess. Made a file with all my 5 stars units.

Thank you!

My other level 40 are : Sharena, Alfonse, Marth, Seliph, Cordelia, Ursula, Anna, Cecilia, Setsuna,Hana.

6G434co.png

Hi gus!

I'd love to have some help to build a good team. Right now I'm using pretty much anything as I have no clue what I'm doing. I haven't inherit a single skill yet so I have plenty of 4 stars I could use for I guess. Made a file with all my 5 stars units.

Thank you!

My other level 40 are : Sharena, Alfonse, Marth, Seliph, Cordelia, Ursula, Anna, Cecilia, Setsuna,Hana.

6G434co.png

Nowi, Ike and Julia would be a solid core team, with your 4th being your bonus unit. As for what skills to put on, For C slots, put in whichever buffs you feel would help most (usually determined by how you would play). Nowi is typically given Triangle Adept 3 or Fury 3 in the A slot, and Quick Riposte 2/3 or Swordbreaker in the B slot if I'm not mistaken. Her job is to kill red units, and wall blues. I honestly don't know for Julia, since I never really look into her, but she is pretty threatening right out of the box. Someone else can help there. As for Ike, you can run him with his default kit, but I'd recommend at least giving him Quick Riposte in the B slot, since you'll have Nowi to handle swords. Ike will be there for killing Greens who threaten Nowi, especially green mages.

In general, Fury 3 can be very useful, if you are fine with burning 6 hp (non-lethal) each time you finish combat. I'm not a big fan of it personally. Death Blow is good for units that should only be initiating attacks (same with all of the x-blow family). Life or Death is good if you don't need a lot of defenses (like if the 5 def/res doesn't make much of a difference in what kills you, or the 5 attack/speed will let you kill things that would normally kill you). Basic stat skills can be useful if you are a few points off from a breakpoint (like for Xander, who hits 40 defense with the +3 skill so he can tanks a lot of stuff, but won't lose 6 HP per combat like with fury). Most of the other A skills start to be more based on how you like to play or use units.

For B skills, in general you will get a lot of recommendations for Vantage 3 or Quick Riposte 3, since those have pretty strong general usage. Personally, I like the Seal Attack 3 since it allows a lot of units to 1v1 enemies over more than one turn. Breakers are mostly used for either slow units, or on units that need same colour coverage (Sword breaker on a sword unit for example). These let them more effectively check colours if you don't have a good counter for them.

Finally, C skills are really up to you. Threaten skills are a bit mixed, in that you need to start your turn in range for them to work. Spur/Goad/Ward skills only work when in range of the holder during combat. Hone/Fortify will give you a buff that lasts until the next turn if you start beside a unit. I'd recommend defaulting with Hone/fortify skills, and if you find that units play beside each other a lot, try to mix in some spurs/goads/wards, since they will stack with anything, including themselves (Hones will not stack, only the largest turn buff is applied).

I put a lot more than asked, but I think it may be a bit helpful to have a general overview of how people go about skills and what they do. Always be sure to tailor your characters to how you want them to work though.

As long you get a Cordelia that isn't - Att or -Spd she's still worth investing in, right?

Its fine to invest even if she is -attack or -speed, unless you have someone who will do her job better already. If you do, then only do it if you want to use her (or roll more if it bugs you a lot).

Theosmeo

Hi gus!

Thank you!

6G434co.png

I'd recommend Ike, Julia, Ninian as your core and include bonus heroes from whatever week you're in. They're a good solid base with some slightly poor blue coverage. This arena season you can use Sharena as the bonus hero and next one you can use Camus so those bases are covered. There's a discord linked in the OP if you want more specifics on game mechanics or SI and there you can find some advise about skill inheretance. Your Nowi appears to be -spd which really hurts her viability as a unit but you could throw her weapon(lightning breath+) onto Ninian to give her a ranged counter.

Maybe they'll implement a way to change IVs in the future.

They should. People need to keep bugging them until they do.

The IV system is completely busted giving people defective shit. A paper thin character isn't going to become a tank thanks to 3 extra defense. Especially at the expense attack or speed.

A way to manipulate IVs or even turn units to neutral would improve the experience of 99.99% of the games audience. The other 0.01% are getting 11 of a hero to choose between anyway

The IV system is completely busted giving people defective shit. A paper thin character isn't going to become a tank thanks to 3 extra defense. Especially at the expense attack or speed.

A way to manipulate IVs or even turn units to neutral would improve the experience of 99.99% of the games audience. The other 0.01% are getting 11 of a hero to choose between anyway
It is the height of bullshit that not only do you play the lottery to get that *5 character you wanted you then play a secondary lottery hoping their IVs don't handicap them. At least in other gacha games when you get that 5* you know you've got something good.

Wichu

Is Charlotte any good at all? I just got my third one. Probably doesn't help that blue is by far my most common 5* colour (Hinoka, Robin, Sharena, Olwen, Spring Xander, 3x Nowi, and now 3x Charlotte.) Still no Caeda or Cordelia, though I did get Lyn.

Sushen

My fear for it is that they'll ask a lot for the feature like 20k feathers or 10 orbs. But what if your -atk changes to -spd or vice versa? That's even worse.

Theosmeo

The Gamepedia tier list has received a major update and is now very similar to the ones we made in the FE GAF discord server.

We definitely agree with a lot of the changes, while others are still questionable (some of those are discussed in their comments).

I agree with this tier list sooooo much. There are small things like lilina being too high or camus being too low(well he's new so its fine) but overall this is great.

Also why does B. caeda lose 4 attack on bane but only get 3 on boon fffffffffffff

Also they're not gunna let you re roll ivs lol. Id prefer grinding badges into feathers

The Gamepedia tier list has received a major update and is now very similar to the ones we made in the FE GAF discord server.

We definitely agree with a lot of the changes, while others are still questionable (some of those are discussed in their comments).

Looking at that Tier List...didn't know I had so many good chars.

S: Eirika, Ike, Ninian, Julia, Bride Cordelia, Kagero
A+: Ogma, Young Tiki, Bunny Lucina, Bunny Chrom

Only 5*'s I have thats not S or A+ are Chrom, RobinM and Bunny Xander

Sushen

I love my current team which I put together in hurry as I had to switch out my horse team. Xander, Reinhardt, Sharena (4*), and I had Nino which didn't work out too well as I needed a reliable tank. Once I switched out Nino for Hector, the teamwork improved and I haven't lost a unit, yet in battle.

Xander and Ryoma was a close call but I chose the mobility of Xander.

Well I got zero defences on the same team that got 3 the previous week, so it's all just luck.

I think the biggest thing is having a leader people will want to take a chance on. I have Rebecca out front, and most people will go through with a Rebecca since she isn't seen as a particularly useful unit. Surprise for them, its a Firesweeper Death Blow Rebecca with a Xander, Erika and bonus unit, which can totally wreck your day if you aren't careful.

I would love to watch defensive wins as a replay, or better yet get some info on how my defensive team does so I could tune them better (teams faced + results at a minimum). At this point, everyone really just hopes someone flubs up or is kind enough to give a free win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom