• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

champloo

What makes a good defense team? Tier 17 and 0 defense wins this week.

Depends on how desperate you are, these are some strategy that I found useful

- Sometimes simply changing the order of your team does the trick. For example, if you want your team to do well on the double wall map, put Reinhardt on number 3. Also, if your team have more than one of the same color, don't let them stand together.

- Use some uncommon skill to surprise people, Lunge for example can really mess up enemy team's formation if they are not prepared.

- Build a strong unit that requires very specific counter. For example, Hector with Bonfire\Vantage\Threaten Atk is kind of treacherous. People likes to lure Hector into swords, this build makes sure the unit takes an attack debuff beforehand, which often means Hector survives and has Bonfire&Vantage up.

I think the biggest thing is having a leader people will want to take a chance on.

I'd say this is very important yeah. If I see either a dancer, a flier, or a horse my instinct is to nope out of the select screen unless I feel like risking it. Leading with Reinhard is just asking to be avoided.

macklelol

I'm pretty sure my Palla lead screams I RUN FLIER EMBLEM but I still get 15+ defenses every week. A lot of people won't care what your lead is and will pick advanced no matter what.

spiritfox

Titania or Gunther as my Horse Emblem green member? the other members are Reinhardt, Xander and Abel

Gunther's kinda bad. He and Jeigan has the lowest stat totals in the game, and Xander does the physical brawler role better. Titania has a niche in being a good res tank and killing blues (especially Reinhardt) good.

Westlo

My fear for it is that they'll ask a lot for the feature like 20k feathers or 10 orbs. But what if your -atk changes to -spd or vice versa? That's even worse.

Just make them neutral, all the ghb and quest rewards characters are neutral anyway....

PK Gaming

Well I got zero defences on the same team that got 3 the previous week, so it's all just luck.

Luck + Setup

Dancer's cause people to trip up more, since they're so unpredictable/obnoxious. Reinhardt obviously excels at Defense. Units that can put enemies into checkmate position like Vantage Hector are valuable as well.

I don't understand the lack of defense wins.

Like, I've been getting 10+ a week having the same offense and defense teams.

Maybe I'm just at the point where people give up with one death. Or at least I do.

Screenshot_2017-06-05-02-08-28.png

Well there's Masked Lucina

Kenai

Is anyone else running or trying to put together a flier team? I know Hinoka and Cherche are popular picks, but what are the other two slots usually? Palla maybe? I was considering throwing in Spring Camilla to get some use out of her but no idea on the red unit.

macklelol

Is anyone else running or trying to put together a flier team? I know Hinoka and Cherche are popular picks, but what are the other two slots usually? Palla maybe? I was considering throwing in Spring Camilla to get some use out of her but no idea on the red unit.

You build the flier teams a little differently based on if you're gonna use Spring Camilla or if you're gonna go full melee.

If you're gonna do Spring Cam, the rest of the team doesn't matter too much as long as you have someone Hone and Fortify Fliers, and at least a single blue flier to deal with any troublesome red units.

Melee fliers works better, to me anyways, if you have one of each color. Palla is the better choice between herself and Caeda, either one works, though.

spiritfox

Spring Camilla with Gronnblade is pretty potent in flier emblem. Of the 2 red fliers, Palla's the better pick with higher att stats and Goad Fliers out of the box. If you don't have a Brave Axe to give Cherche, Minerva's a good option too.

Ninferno

Finally a date for the pseudo perma-death mode, which is great. The description sounds interesting too.

It gets me worried though, that the reward example is showing some 30k points are required for a reward like 5* Mask Lucina, and yet the score example shows a clear of 5 maps only yield 252 points? Granted, that might not be the highest difficulty and multiplier, but still, it looks like a long grind; and I don't like grinding:(

And those stamina cost... Looks like a lot of stamina potions are going to be burned in order to get Maskina.

Lelou

i'm happy to see Tempest Trials come this Thursday, but, the more i play this game the more i don't get scheduling of it.

It's just random.
Some days we are full of quests and events and for days and weeks there is nothing at all...

Finally a date for the pseudo perma-death mode, which is great. The description sounds interesting too.

It gets me worried though, that the reward example is showing some 30k points are required for a reward like 5* Mask Lucina, and yet the score example shows a clear of 5 maps only yield 252 points? Granted, that might not be the highest difficulty and multiplier, but still, it looks like a long grind; and I don't like grinding:(

And those stamina cost... Looks like if a lot of stamina potions are going to be burned in order to get Maskina.

250 points each run means that it will take you 2400 stamina to reach 30k.

The event lasts 13 days which means you get 3744 stamina to work with outside of potions and orbs. Granted you can probably earn more points than what is shown.

I'm more interested in that new seal that lowers the special trigger by 1.

OVDRobo

Nice that we finally get something new to do. Hopefully it's significant and relatively fun.

I think I prefer Masked Lucina over standard Lucina for some reason. Wonder if her stats will be any different.

I imagine it will be tough to get enough points for the 5* version considering the level of difficulty to earn a 4* unit in GHBs, though a decent amount of people have no issue getting over 4k per week for the maximum arena score award so maybe not so much. At least they didn't tie it to some competitive thing where people that forgo sleep for the game and whales would win.

Sölf

Man, I am hyped for the new event. I probably want a second healer though, I only have Elise at max level, the second highest healer is around level 20 I think.

macklelol

That Quickened Pulse seal might be really annoying if it's on certain units. Like... Moonbow Reinhardt. Suddenly all my questionable baits for him will die to that.

OVDRobo

It's gonna be the same game, but grinding. I don't get what people are expecting.

It's how you frame the grind, though. I find voting gauntlets tedious as hell because I have to check in every 30 minutes to do one battle and the only significant rewards are feathers, plus there's the whole popularity imbalance and having to decide how to spend and earn your flags most efficiently. There's a lot of busywork for very little actual quality content.

I want something that is challenging, tactically thought-provoking, repeatable, rewarding and not drip-fed to me and this appears to be the closest this game has gotten to that so far. Character rewards, death mechanics and no artificial play limitations (outside of the usual stamina system) are what make this interesting.

Of course, it could just end up that people find an efficient solution to the maps that works and then it's just a case of repeating that hundreds of times, in which case I agree that it would be tedious. Regardless, it's the most exciting piece of content the game has had in a while.

Ninferno

That Quickened Pulse seal might be really annoying if it's on certain units. Like... Moonbow Reinhardt. Suddenly all my questionable baits for him will die to that.

Yep, that is indeed worrying. I guess it will become the standard usage of that seal for anyone who places Reinhardt on arena defense...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I want something that is challenging, tactically thought-provoking, [forced] repeatable, rewarding and not drip-fed [wut?] to me and this appears to be the closest this game has gotten to that so far. Character rewards, death mechanics and no artificial play limitations (outside of the usual stamina system) are what make this interesting.
1.5/5, not bad
Exciting events has a low bar in this game.
It's nice to see people look forward to something, but I'm just suggesting you be prepared to be disappointed because they already gave us all the details we need for the event.

OVDRobo

1.5/5, not bad
It's nice to see people look forward to something, but I'm just suggesting you be prepared to be disappointed because they already gave us all the details we need for the event.

Outside of the context of the quality standards that have already been set I absolutely agree with you. The game is easy, mostly mindless, grindy and lacking in variation.

Comparing it to the rest of the content they've already put out, though, just potentially requiring healers and needing to consider longer-term costs of losing a character is a step up from the usual tactical depth of throwing overpowered units at everything in a predictable solution. They also claim it's going to be challenging and I haven't seen the unit or map layouts to judge whether that's true or not yet.

I won't argue that it's not bad. Just that compared to the rest of the content we've seen so far, this has the potential to be a step in the right direction. At least more so than another voting gauntlet or a story chapter that takes 30 minutes to complete, quests and all.

Lelou

1.5/5, not bad
Outside of the context of the quality standards that have already been set I absolutely agree with you. The game is easy, mostly mindless, grindy and lacking in variation.

Comparing it to the rest of the content they've already put out, though, just potentially requiring healers and needing to consider longer-term costs of losing a character is a step up from the usual tactical depth of throwing overpowered units at everything in a predictable solution. They also claim it's going to be challenging and I haven't seen the unit or map layouts to judge whether that's true or not yet.

I won't argue that it's not bad. Just that compared to the rest of the content we've seen so far, this has the potential to be a step in the right direction. At least more so than another voting gauntlet or a story chapter that takes 30 minutes to complete, quests and all.

I was thinking to be alone criticizing the updates that Intsys are putting into the game.
Did someone know what could be the problem on the dev team?

+ The game has a nice number of players and for multiple months it was on top 10 android.
+ People has spent a lot of money on it.

- Devs didn't put any content/gifts/catch up measure to make new players come to the game
- They didn't put any "come back" package/gifts for players that stay away from the game
- No updates mode that put real things to do on the game
- No real monthly/daily rewards

I can understand that is the first mobile game that intsys is facing, but, well.. They could just look to the competitors or just other gatcha games at least..

OVDRobo

I was thinking to be alone criticizing the updates that Intsys are putting into the game.
Did someone know what could be the problem on the dev team?

+ The game has a nice number of players and for multiple months it was on top 10 android.
+ People has spent a lot of money on it.

- Devs didn't put any content/gifts/catch up measure to make new players come to the game
- They didn't put any "come back" package/gifts for players that stay away from the game
- No updates mode that put real things to do on the game
- No real monthly/daily rewards

I can understand that is the first mobile game that intsys is facing, but, well.. They could just look to the competitors or just other gatcha games at least..

There could be multiple reasons, really:
They could have a design path that they're sticking to regardless of the success of the game rather than attempting to copy other games in the market. (Remember Nintendo's behind them and may be using the game as a test case to use in design of later mobile games they release)
There could be limitations on their development team such as staff numbers/abilities or development pipelines and engine restrictions.
They could be focusing on maximising profits and don't think that improving the quality in the directions people think they should would do anything to influence profitability so the costs aren't justifiable.

The mobile market's a strange place. Maybe they just don't want to 'rock the boat' when it comes to the level of success they have and risk losing it.

It's a shame because even looking to competitors would provide some good ways in which this game could improve without any sweeping or intensive changes but it's been a few months since release now and there don't seem to be many core improvements. It's becoming apparent that you can either tolerate the core design or go find something else to play. I'm personally looking forward to the worldwide release of Fate/Grand Order later this year if it's decently handled, though I like Fire Emblem enough that I hope this game gets some changes in the areas that require them.

Hoe quickly would one expect FEH to have as much core content as Puzzles and Dragons, or GBF or FGO or...well many other popular gacha games that have been going for years and FEH has been around what...almost 4 months?

I think people have a very warped idea of have quickly a gacha game can add core changes to it. I mean if you're expecting to have GBF levels of grind and content on a game's 4th months of life...well your expectations are out of whack.

These things don't even make sense to have for a 4 month old game and a lot of gacha games don't even have 'come back' packages for oldbies.

All in all a lot of the complaints come off as "I want more orb giving content." when people say 'real content'.

Mupod

This Tempest mode is probably replacing the Voting Gauntlet right? Hopefully it yields similar, if not more feather gains.

Well, it seems to occupy a different part of the map. The top left, looks like.

1aQhyer.jpg

I doubt they'll run both every month, but it doesn't seem to be a permanent replacement. Also the 10 orb, 5000 feather reward was previously their typical payout for those twitter things they did.

Oh, fuck me. I didn't even think of that - Hector runs into Reinhardts that bring him to 2 hp occasionally. So I guess a triangle adept green is going to be absolutely required to survive arena now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom