• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
tempest won't replace voting gauntlet. not sure why some people think so
also lol comeback present. usually gacha games that I play have those thing are the ones that aren't popular

Mupod

oh wait, you could put Sacred Cowl on your designated Reinhardt baiter with that -1 special seal. Problem is my Hector would lose 3 hp from his current seal.

edit: and Bonfire, but I'm really liking this idea. He'd be able to survive an unbuffed Nino or Julia doubling.

Lelou

Hoe quickly would one expect FEH to have as much core content as Puzzles and Dragons, or GBF or FGO or...well many other popular gacha games that have been going for years and FEH has been around what...almost 4 months?

I think people have a very warped idea of have quickly a gacha game can add core changes to it. I mean if you're expecting to have GBF levels of grind and content on a game's 4th months of life...well your expectations are out of whack.

These things don't even make sense to have for a 4 month old game and a lot of gacha games don't even have 'come back' packages for oldbies.

All in all a lot of the complaints come off as "I want more orb giving content." when people say 'real content'.

I already played games that from day one has 10 times much more contents than FEH.
For a gatcha prospective fire emblem is barebones looking to the competitors FROM day one, not from 2 years on release.

Many games has comeback package from month 2, and i'm serious! (and many of them are still on top 10 revenue)

Other than that, you can easly look on the stats of the game that newcomers are almost no existent

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I already played games that from day one has 10 times much more contents than FEH.
For a gatcha prospective fire emblem is barebones looking to the competitors FROM day one, not from 2 years on release.

Many games has comeback package from month 2, and i'm serious! (and many of them are still on top 10 revenue)

Other than that, you can easly look on the stats of the game that newcomers are almost no existent
You forgot to mention that this game is doing insanely well for a game with little content. This game doesn't need mechanics to catch up because players just grind out the tower for like a week and they are done, because honestly, lv 40 is quick. This game in particular HAS NO GRIND when compared to other Gacha games. Well maybe it does now with needing more teams for Tempest, but it pales in comparison to everything else.

Mupod

I actually have far more 40s than I need for the tempest trial...or do I? The bonus unit image they provided seems to imply that it will change regularly. Maybe every couple days, like the gauntlet? Or maybe it's based on your own units and it just changes every run?

I'd imagine if this is replacing the voting gauntlet for at least this month, it'll come with its own summoning focus or two. I got 33 orbs currently + 6 left to earn from the training tower quests, I almost have armor and fliers out of the way so the rest will be easy.

Since I'll have over 50k feathers tonight I'm kind of itching to get my cavalry team up and running...I was gonna do Blarblade+ Ursula but that quickened pulse seal is making me want to try for Olwen while she's up. It seems the Camus banner will intersect with the start of the event, so I can stay strong for a little bit.

lt519

Marth as a 5* reward is disappointing, I'd rather have orbs. Also might have to remove Fury from members, or run with a healer since HP carries over from previous battles.

Mupod

Blarblade/Desperation Linde running around with 1 HP will be fine, advantageous even. I'm not sure Hector will hold up for 7 rounds even with Vantage, though.

I do have Genny almost at 40, so if I need a healer I've got one. I could also do some fuckery with breath of life 3, the new seal, and Aura to make Linde into a makeshift healer. That'd be 15 HP to adjacent allies every attack, assuming everything stacks.

It's hard to pour a lot of resources into Genny though, since if I got a good Elise I'd want to give her Wrathful Staff. But so far I've just given up some crap healer characters I'd have just sent home anyways.

i do wonder what kind of ranking prize will they set for this event. orbs & feathers are pretty much confirm. probably they'll throw a number of current event units for +x or skill fodder too.
7 knight kr / eu / usa / jp

The first game that jumped in my mind.

Valiant force global

quick 1 year check on appannie, only 7 knight kr is top 10 monthly grossing in its home country. other region nonexistent, same with valiant force. (didn't check eu tho since too many eu country to check 1 by 1)
in a way i guess your claim earlier is still valid in 1 market, but eh i guess i should've clarified earlier i'm talking about those "welcome back promo" in jp market

Lelou

quick 1 year check on appannie, only 7 knight kr is top 10 monthly grossing in its home country. other region nonexistent, same with valiant force. (didn't check eu tho since too many eu country to check 1 by 1)
in a way i guess your claim earlier is still valid in 1 market, but eh i guess i should've clarified earlier i'm talking about those "welcome back promo" in jp market

Well 7k was on top 10 of many countries when it start off.
Now it's already a "old" game.
But probably welcome back promo is not still a "thing" in japan.

Other than that, the bigger problems is not being user friedly to new people coming to the game.
Usually even jp games are really generous to new players

lt519

Blarblade/Desperation Linde running around with 1 HP will be fine, advantageous even. I'm not sure Hector will hold up for 7 rounds even with Vantage, though.

I do have Genny almost at 40, so if I need a healer I've got one. I could also do some fuckery with breath of life 3, the new seal, and Aura to make Linde into a makeshift healer. That'd be 15 HP to adjacent allies every attack, assuming everything stacks.

It's hard to pour a lot of resources into Genny though, since if I got a good Elise I'd want to give her Wrathful Staff. But so far I've just given up some crap healer characters I'd have just sent home anyways.

Yeah, it really all depends on who the bonus characters are. If Camus is one I'll run my Horse team and use Titania's Reciprocal Aid to heal Camus up. But if it as they showed in the pictures I'll probably run Nino, Robin, Olivia, Lachesis/Maria and give one of them Wrathful Staff (I don't mind ditching one of them later to get Wrathful Staff onto Elise when I finally pull her). Fae with renewal will be an interesting choice as well.

The "Speed" multiplier is interesting. If that means number of turns then Horse Emblem might have the advantage here over units like Hector/Effie.

I'm excited to find out, but prepared for this to end up being maxed out in like an hour. But then again that's what I've been building up to anyway.

Sushen

I'm hoping tempest to be a permanent mode rather than one time event, or like gauntlet that goes away most days.

Mupod

Cavalry teams will definitely be at an advantage unless the maps are full of trees. Their bad base stats have no bearing on your score and they can finish maps really fast. A double mage team could be good as well. I've got a level 40 4* +SPD -HP Tharja that I could promote, but I've been saving feathers for a horse squad.

I'd be sketchy on running a flier team because you never know when it could do the training tower thing where it's just 4 archers.

Anyways, been messing around with the calculator and -1 special. If it interacts with killer weapons then Eldigan could become the obnoxious defense unit du jour. Too bad mine has godawful stats (-atk +spd).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's core combat system is better than SoV.

Fight me.

God SoV was a slog to get through. Gameplay is zzz.

Such as...? I've played nearly every major gacha game, the last few years, and I'm not aware of what games launched with 10 times the content.

I will be the first to admit that FE needs more content, but if you compare any gacha game from day 1 to year 1,, e.g., PAD, BF, GBF, OPTC, Dokkan, whatever, the difference is pretty insane.

Anyway, if anyone has a problem with the content or lack of challenge in FEH, then I would quit the game for a few months and come back later.

Ninferno

Anyway, if anyone has a problem with the content or lack of challenge in FEH, then I would quit the game for a few months and come back later.

Agreed. There's really no point repeating the the same complaint (however valid it is) again and again; it's not like the game just become short of content now, it lacks content right from the beginning. It's a casual game, so why not just relax and play it casually.

Mupod

I am biologically incapable of playing anything casually.

Tempest trials is looking like exactly what I need, arena's ranked aspect is frustrating to me because I know I can't keep up with the people with more luck or money than me. But something I can throw my army of diligently leveled characters at, without having to deal with expertly crafted troll teams, sounds more fun. Kinda lame that it's time limited though.

Anyways, the more I think about it the more I want to get a cavalry team running. The temptation to press that summon button for Olwen is getting stronger, but I know I'd just get Subakis.

Lelou

Such as...? I've played nearly every major gacha game, the last few years, and I'm not aware of what games launched with 10 times the content.

I will be the first to admit that FE needs more content, but if you compare any gacha game from day 1 to year 1,, e.g., PAD, BF, GBF, OPTC, Dokkan, whatever, the difference is pretty insane.

It is a suicide to quit and come back in a gatcha game.
It could be a nice idea in a mmorpg, but it's horrible right there even only for a matter of premium stuff that you lose without doing quests/log in/events.

There are many games like i said already above, 7k/valiant force, that from day one had:
Guild vs Guild, story progression, pvp, raids, hero events, boss events, defend castle/attack castle mode, climb the tower... i could go on and on, but there is no sense if you don't know the games i'm talking about.

Some sh, decide to develop the game for few/many YEARS before releasing it even only on 1 specific country, because they want to be sure to be ready.
If i have to be honest, FEH seems to be a project made in a year or even less than that.

That new seal is a good idea in practice but terrible for the current state of Arena. Making Reinhardt even more OP is not what we need... Nor is a quad character who can attack 12 times(if it survives retaliation) in one turn. Oh well...

kswiston

I have been slowly playing the game since the Monday after release. I don't know why Int Sys kept the maps so faithful to the original. The art and presentation are nice, but (based on act 1) the battles are the worst that I have played in the series.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That seal definitely makes Galeforce a lot more viable. Even making 4-charge moves more viable sounds nice.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It is a suicide to quit and come back in a gatcha game.
It could be a nice idea in a mmorpg, but it's horrible right there even only for a matter of premium stuff that you lose without doing quests/log in/events.

There are many games like i said already above, 7k/valiant force, that from day one had:
Guild vs Guild, story progression, pvp, raids, hero events, boss events, defend castle/attack castle mode, climb the tower... i could go on and on, but there is no sense if you don't know the games i'm talking about.

Some sh, decide to develop the game for few/many YEARS before releasing it even only on 1 specific country, because they want to be sure to be ready.
If i have to be honest, FEH seems to be a project made in a year or even less than that.

Why would it be suicide? There's nothing competitive about FEH at all, and all content cycles pretty often. Not sure what you would be losing out on.

I played Seven Knights on global release, but I didn't play it on the original Korean servers that was released a year or 2 before global, so I have no idea what it launched with in Korea. If it launched with all that, then that's definitely the exception, and I could probably list 50 gacha games that released with far less for every 1 that released with as much content.

I have been slowly playing the game since the Monday after release. I don't know why Int Sys kept the maps so faithful to the original. The art and presentation are nice, but (based on act 1) the battles are the worst that I have played in the series.

Doesn't get better :p

Sushen

With a 5* character as a reward, I can't imagine it is weekly.

Pretty sure the notification saying "Active: June 8 - June 22" means it's not permanent at all.
I know the notification implies it's an one time event. I don't care about 5* unit but a way to play games regularly beyond the dull training tower.

New maps pop up every once in a while but that's good for, say, 30 minutes. The tempest mode sounds like I can enjoy doing all the time.

BTW with this lasting for 3 weeks, is the Gauntlet going away? I'll surely miss 10k feathers if so.

Akuun

I don't think there's any real danger in "falling behind" in a gacha game like FEH. The power creep in this game doesn't seem that bad and it's not like your units will become useless in a few months. You lose out on the amount of feathers and orbs that you'd get if you played those same months, so you'll end up with a more narrow hero pool when compared to people who played the whole time, but it doesn't sound like a crippling loss to me.

The playing field is uneven to begin with. Normal people play against whales, lucky people play against unlucky people, and so on. Taking a break from the game naturally puts you behind the people from people who will continue to play, but it's not like that will make the game unplayable.

Golnei

I hope you like poisoned bogs and 1-mov deserts, because it only gets better from there.

(Celica's maligned later maps weren't really that much of an issue for me, but all throughout the game I did wish they'd taken some more liberties with the original map design. Even if they had to include the current ones as an unlockable 'retro mode' or something, if they needed to keep them in some form - there were so many opportunities to make things a little more interesting.)

Draxal

Honestly, the one thing that I find annoying in pve side is how broken Hector is.

He's the destroyer of GHB's and makes me totally lazy. I wish he was more accessible to non whales.

I know the notification implies it's an one time event. I don't care about 5* unit but a way to play games regularly beyond the dull training tower.

New maps pop up every once in a while but that's good for, say, 30 minutes. The tempest mode sounds like I can enjoy doing all the time.

BTW with this lasting for 3 weeks, is the Gauntlet going away? I'll surely miss 10k feathers if so.

I assume the gauntlet will either overlap, or happen right after tempest. No way to know for sure without being outright told by the developers really.

Honestly, the one thing that I find annoying in pve side is how broken Hector is.

He's the destroyer of GHB's and makes me totally lazy. I wish he was more accessible to non whales.

You're not wrong, but it does seem to me like Hector keeps becoming less and less of a brainless autowin in the more recent GHBs and story chapters. Good luck throwing Hector alone at 11-5 Lunatic for example.

kewlmyc

Is there no way for a healer to heal themselves unless they have Live to Serve? Does Heavenly Light heal the healer as well?

Is there no way for a healer to heal themselves unless they have Live to Serve? Does Heavenly Light heal the healer as well?

Off the top of my head...

Reconcile (Heals for 7HP to both target and user)
Martyr (Heals for 7HP + suffered damage to target, 50% suffered to user)
Absorb (50% of damage dealt)

iirc, you've got a Wrathful Elise, so Absorb's by far the best option. Reconcile's useless and Martyr's a little tricky anyways. lol And no, Heavenly Light does not heal the healer.

Akuun

Lissa also has Renewal if you want to go that route. But I'm guessing you want Wrathful Staff as the B slot.

kswiston

So I ended up pulling again on the bride banner...

I now have both blue brides. I wanted the colorless ones, but I guess this is better than nothing but Oboros.

kewlmyc

Off the top of my head...

Reconcile (Heals for 7HP to both target and user)
Martyr (Heals for 7HP + suffered damage to target, 50% suffered to user)
Absorb (50% of damage dealt)

iirc, you've got a Wrathful Elise, so Absorb's by far the best option. Reconcile's useless and Martyr's a little tricky anyways. lol And no, Heavenly Light does not heal the healer.

Lissa also has Renewal if you want to go that route. But I'm guessing you want Wrathful Staff as the B slot.

Yeah, alternating between Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. Forgot about absorb, thanks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Seriously? It's just 7 battles in a row with a rule forced on you about HP/Special and death. Just do the highest training stratum repeatedly and you can get most of the feeling. You're gonna be bored in 30 min and the only thing that you maaaaay change is put a healer in; the prizes are the only thing to look forward to.

Sushen

Seriously? It's just 7 battles in a row with a rule forced on you about HP/Special and death. Just do the highest training stratum repeatedly and you can get most of the feeling. You're gonna be bored in 30 min and the only thing that you maaaaay change is put a healer in; the prizes are the only thing to look forward to.
Tempest mod sounds hell more fun than the training tower to me, although almost any will sound more fun than the training tower to be fair.

Akuun

I imagine the people who usually run 3-man arena teams + 1 bonus semi-throwaway will do okay in these tempest maps. Just bring a healer to keep that core 3-man team healthy.

That is, unless each map has a GHB-style challenge that sometimes screws over those super balanced arena teams.

Draxal

Why would it be suicide? There's nothing competitive about FEH at all, and all content cycles pretty often. Not sure what you would be losing out on.

I played Seven Knights on global release, but I didn't play it on the original Korean servers that was released a year or 2 before global, so I have no idea what it launched with in Korea. If it launched with all that, then that's definitely the exception, and I could probably list 50 gacha games that released with far less for every 1 that released with as much content.

Honestly, my issues with Heroes is due to the lack of feeling that you are progressing in this game.

There's no account rank, that gates content for you. There's no "GRID' that you're working on aside from characters at all. So the catchup is not needed at all.

I'm not sure if the content is there or not is the issue, Its just the content there is more meaningless right now.

I'm hopeful that this new mode changes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom