• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how desperate you are, these are some strategy that I found useful

- Sometimes simply changing the order of your team does the trick. For example, if you want your team to do well on the double wall map, put Reinhardt on number 3. Also, if your team have more than one of the same color, don't let them stand together.

- Use some uncommon skill to surprise people, Lunge for example can really mess up enemy team's formation if they are not prepared.

- Build a strong unit that requires very specific counter. For example, Hector with Bonfire\Vantage\Threaten Atk is kind of treacherous. People likes to lure Hector into swords, this build makes sure the unit takes an attack debuff beforehand, which often means Hector survives and has Bonfire&Vantage up.
Olivia, Xander, Reinhardt and Nowi was my first setup. Switched Nowi out for Cecilia /w Bladetome and managed 2 defense wins. I guess horse emblem is the way to go.

Scum

Depends on how desperate you are, these are some strategy that I found useful

- Sometimes simply changing the order of your team does the trick. For example, if you want your team to do well on the double wall map, put Reinhardt on number 3. Also, if your team have more than one of the same color, don't let them stand together.

- Use some uncommon skill to surprise people, Lunge for example can really mess up enemy team's formation if they are not prepared.

- Build a strong unit that requires very specific counter. For example, Hector with Bonfire\Vantage\Threaten Atk is kind of treacherous. People likes to lure Hector into swords, this build makes sure the unit takes an attack debuff beforehand, which often means Hector survives and has Bonfire&Vantage up.
This is great advice. Scaring the crap out of Mupod with a Hector with Wings of Mercy is bloody good fun. :p

Scum

Olivia, Xander, Reinhardt and Nowi was my first setup. Switched Nowi out for Cecilia /w Bladetome and managed 2 defense wins. I guess horse emblem is the way to go.

I'm waiting for the moment when I finally get my Pony Emblem up and running, only for IS to release a banner containing units with Anti Horse Emblem skills. :V

Alucrid

Banned
They will do something crazy like a red tome that is good against flyers. And some healer staff that wrecks cavalry. Hell just make one staff that does triple damage to any cavalry and flyer

just make it a weapon that kills the mount and turns them into infantry units forever

Sushen

I hate the separation of iOS and android for orbs. I play on my phone and tablet. I accidentally receive orbs on my phone sometimes while trying to collect them all in one platform. Life of f2p sucks.

And another 20 Orbs down the drain with nothing to show for it and another Green/Red only set on a Blue/Colorless banner. Also, I can never play Awakening again because I swear I will throw my 3DS at the wall as soon as I see Virion. Can't wait for this banner to go with a 6% rate up or something...

Kenai

You build the flier teams a little differently based on if you're gonna use Spring Camilla or if you're gonna go full melee.

If you're gonna do Spring Cam, the rest of the team doesn't matter too much as long as you have someone Hone and Fortify Fliers, and at least a single blue flier to deal with any troublesome red units.

Melee fliers works better, to me anyways, if you have one of each color. Palla is the better choice between herself and Caeda, either one works, though.

Spring Camilla with Gronnblade is pretty potent in flier emblem. Of the 2 red fliers, Palla's the better pick with higher att stats and Goad Fliers out of the box. If you don't have a Brave Axe to give Cherche, Minerva's a good option too.

Thanks for the advice. I figure since I got a Hinoka (Azura banner) and a Spring Camillia without even really trying I probably should look into it since Hinoka's buff is so rare.

I just got a Bride Cordelia as well, just as I was finishing up my Quadsuna (was trying to snipe a Lyn or Genny for my Elise). She's -Def+Res though so I'll probably just stick her in with Nino/Ryoma/Rein on defense and see how that goes, without +Spd she's not really gonna be a Quadder and her buff options seem comparable to Erika.

Wow. I was going to promote a Zephiel or Hana all the way to 5* to finally get a Life and Death 3. But I noticed the current banner had Jaffar on it. I spent 5 orbs pulled one of the two colorless available and GOT HIM. That just saved me a ton of feathers.

Giving it to Bride Cordelia to make it truly worth it. I feel like I hit the jackpot pulling a +spd version of her and now hooking her up with Life and Death. And yes I have Brave Bow + on her too. I haven't felt this much good luck in a gatcha in awhile.

18839773_10156222384803989_1079313908930943266_o.jpg

Need to keep grinding SP for the life and death +3. Also need a good B slot skill to give her. Haven't decided on what yet. Probably Desperation 3 if I get a unit with it. I'll also give her either Fortify def or res so she can be a good buffer too. So excited!!!

Been sending out orbs trying for another Bride unit but to no avail. A 4* Klein on an earlier colorless is a decent get and just now going again for a blue bride ended up with a 5* Peri (+spd/-res). I can dig it even if she is middling.

Bridal Lyn seems a pretty neat unit with that counter-denying weapon (get a lot of mileage out of that) and good healing ability. Also building up tanky mage Boey, again even if not the best I like those characters with unusual weapons and stats. Another being Jaffar with the Deathly Dagger.

Wow. I was going to promote a Zephiel or Hana all the way to 5* to finally get a Life and Death 3. But I noticed the current banner had Jaffar on it. I spent 5 orbs pulled one of the two colorless available and GOT HIM. That just saved me a ton of feathers.

Giving it to Bride Cordelia to make it truly worth it. I feel like I hit the jackpot pulling a +spd version of her and now hooking her up with Life and Death. And yes I have Brave Bow + on her too. I haven't felt this much good luck in a gatcha in awhile.

That seems like more luck than the luckiest moments of all the gachas I played combined. Maybe one day I will know how it feels.

Kenai

Sniped a few more colorless trying to get a Lynn, got a sceond Cordelllia (-HP+Def this time) and a Faye of all things.

I'm not actually sure what to do with all these archers now. Who uses Firesweep Bow best?

Vena

Same thing here. I had 5 orbs. 1 colorless. It was a
-Spd
Cordelia

Also pulled a Julia like that on the mage banner. When it started I had 5 orbs. 1 green. Pulled it and there she was
with -Spd

The reason here, though, is that there are 4 colorless orbs. She could have been under any of them. :p

(She's neutral IVs.)

Kenai

Same thing here. I had 5 orbs. 1 colorless. It was a
-Spd
Cordelia

Also pulled a Julia like that on the mage banner. When it started I had 5 orbs. 1 green. Pulled it and there she was
with -Spd

Julia is slow anyway at least, even at +Spd

Cerium

So I've had a really long uninterrupted stretch of back luck with my pulls ever since I pulled Bunny Camilla and Xander.

I've been pulling only greys on the current banner, spending all my orbs as I get them. Today I pulled once more with the orbs I earned in Arena:

Fuck. Yes. I was owed this.

Ninferno

Daily orbs are gone (again, hopefully they will return as "celebration" when Tempest trial goes live for the first time) and defensive tiles are back. Not sure how to feel about this.

Mupod

damn I thought we had one more day of daily orbs.

Not too concerned about this week's arena. My cavalry team isn't up and running yet but since there's no way in hell I'll make it into T20 I might as well take it easy. And I already have a defense, so that's a load off.

I gave Cecilia (+atk -res, lucky) a Gronnblade+ and Draconic Aura, but even though I was careful with SP grinding as I leveled her, she only had just enough for those. My Gunter and Jagen reserves are running pretty low and I don't want to get rid of ALL of them. So my current plan:

Eldigan - Hone Cavalry
Cecilia - Hone Cavalry
Camus - Fortify Cavalry
??? blue horse mage - Goad or Ward Cavalry (I have extra Eliwoods but my only Goad is on Camus)

Ideally I'd have a dire thunder user. I've never found a Reinhardt and I blew a handful of orbs on this Olwen banner to no avail. But my Ursula is already 4* 40 with Moonbow and a regular Blarblade. I have 20,000 feathers that I'd prefer to give to Camus, as this Ursula is actually quite capable of killing things when buffed. I feel like this would be a pretty fun team to use for the tempest trial, or arena weeks when I don't need max score.

Sushen

Another 20 orbs, no sighting of Cordelia. I've got Lucina...I guess I can make her +2, now.

Looking at my team, I need many more fodders to be prepared for the tempest. I can only come up with 2 complete teams without overlapping members; I realized how much I have relied on a couple of core units. Even the third team is lacking proper skills. This will take some serious amounts of planning, fodders, and feathers. Where are you Hinata, Lonqu? It was funny to be disappointed by that Lucina wasn't Hinata, haha.

Lol made it to tier 19 on one account with 4808. No way I am staying there.

Posted 4860 in tier 18 today with my main account, let's see if that holds. Thank goodness defensive tiles are back.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Getting a defensive win in the first few hours of the new arena season is the best thing in the world.

Lol made it to tier 19 on one account with 4808. No way I am staying there.

Posted 4860 in tier 18 today with my main account, let's see if that holds. Thank goodness defensive tiles are back.

How did you get to T19 with such a low score?! I think I had something like 4850 two weeks ago and didn't get in.

Getting a defensive win in the first few hours of the new arena season is the best thing in the world.

How did you get to T19 with such a low score?! I think I had something like 4850 two weeks ago and didn't get in.

Last weeks tier 18 pool was big (5000+) and likely had a lot of people that climbed from tier 14 or so since the changes. The week you are talking about had a lot better teams and a much smaller pool.

lt519

Yeah I'm in Tier 19 with a score of 4806 last week. I tanked it this week, posted something like 4650 so I can move back to Tier 18. No way a 4806 score makes it to T20 this week.

Learning how to play horse emblem in arena isn't as easy as you would think. You need to be really wary of threaten skills as they can negate your fortify/hone buffs. But then again I was being super aggressive knowing a death or two wasn't going to matter since there is no "Stay in Tier 19" range.

evangd007

I didn't check my bridal Caeda before I started leveling. I took a look at my progress at level 33 and noticed that she had 28 speed, and 37 at 40 was neutral. Then I noticed that she had 33 hp, and 33 at 40 was neutral, so she's +hp/-spd.

Now 8/15 of the units I've pulled are either -atk or -spd.

I should just stick with promoting GHB units. At least they're always neutral.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I got into T19 yesterday with 4800 flat. It seems way more forgiving than the last season, for some reason.

I'll probably rank back down to T18 later though. No way am I making it to T20.

I didn't check my bridal Caeda before I started leveling. I took a look at my progress at level 33 and noticed that she had 28 speed, and 37 at 40 was neutral. Then I noticed that she had 33 hp, and 33 at 40 was neutral, so she's +hp/-spd.

Now 8/15 of the units I've pulled are either -atk or -spd.

I should just stick with promoting GHB units. At least they're always neutral.

GHB units have been pretty good lately. And if they keep returning them as quest rewards they are easy to merge as well. I went ahead and promoted and merged both Camus because it gave +1 to speed (and health) which is a pretty significant boost. Now with Fury and speed seal he sits at 38 speed, and hone gets him to 44. the next merge will be significant regardless of which stats get boosted because it would give him the same BST as an infantry unit.

Sushen

I'm trying to setup a backup blue mage to Reinhardt for a secondary team.
Linde 35hp, 46atk, 36spd, 14def, 30res
Caeda 30hp, 41atk, 40spd, 19def, 30res

Which one should do a better Job? I put deathblow 3 to Caeda, and both have desperation 3.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'd probably go with Linde anyway. Caeda's stat spread just doesn't seem as good. The higher speed doesn't make up for her greatly lowered attack IMO.

Caeda is probably more durable during enemy phase since she most likely won't get doubled, and has somewhat respectable defense. Linde probably gets oneshotted without Fury.

I might be biased/wrong though, since I have neither.

Mupod

lol, it's only been a week and I forgot that defense tiles were a thing. In my very first match I got very confused when Ryoma failed to one-round a Hector and of course Olivia got one shotted by a wings of mercy azura. But who cares, my points don't matter this week.

I've run into bride cordelia in 2 out of 3 matches so far. She's no big deal with defense tiles but Brave Bow+ cordelias could get obnoxious fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom