• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Overkill from Glimmer is very useful for Blade tomes in Tempest.

I run Draconic Aura on a +atk gronnblade Cecilia. She overkills those 72 HP Hectors, lol.

I haven't done extensive math but DA seems to come out on top in terms of the one vs all simulator.

LjWKHvn.jpg

redcrayon

One thing I like about the Tempest is that it pushes you to develop more characters beyond your core team.
Yeah, my roster isn't that strong compared to some of the monsters/horse Emblem that get talked about on here, but I've found it quite rewarding for having developed a good selection of units to draw four teams from.

StAidan

Man, I'm bummed about the seal needing 50,000 points, I just don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to getting it. The tempest trial is pretty fun though. I came close to having a deathless run once, but Tharja couldn't take out all three greens on the final map, dying to the third one on the enemy round.

Mupod

One thing I like about the Tempest is that it pushes you to develop more characters beyond your core team.

yeah I thought I was good about this but I've had to do a good bit of SI lately. Including some I was putting off.

It's been nice to dust off the ol' MRobin again. Even with a bunch of new skills learned he still has like 1000 SP left. He killed a lot of Takumis in his day. I got two 5* Sanakis in a row recently and leveled one, she's been incredibly useful for the 7th map. She handles Veronica nicely but there usually other greens on that map too. Titania, Frederick, Cecilia are what I see often.

That Sanaki has like 1200 SP sitting around too, keep forgetting to give her some skills, lol.

Can confirm that the Breath of Life seal stacks with both Aura and Breath of Life 3.

My Linde heals all adjacent allies a Recover's worth (5 + 7 + 3 = 15) of healing when she attacks.

I'm at 23k points so far. I'll go hard until 50k, at the very least, then play at a more leisurely pace after that. I'd like the orbs, but they're not as important as the first 50k's rewards.

Mupod

Can confirm that the Breath of Life seal stacks with both Aura and Breath of Life 3.

My Linde heals all adjacent allies a Recover's worth (5 + 7 + 3 = 15) of healing when she attacks.

I'm at 23k points so far. I'll go hard until 50k, at the very least, then play at a more leisurely pace after that. I'd like the orbs, but they're not as important as the first 50k's rewards.

Cool, I was planning to try this out myself.

Although my cavalry team is scrappier than I thought so I probably don't need to. I made it through 4 rounds with:

1. Half HP Cecilia
2. Half HP 4*+4 Olivia
3. 1 HP Eldigan
4. Dead Camus because I moved him too close to a Boey early on

I always surrender them at the final boss to get a bonus unit in, but so far they have made it to round 7 every time. And they are hundreds of SP from being complete.

But yeah, seems like 676 is my ceiling using this strategy. I'll try for a perfect run for fun at some point but this works for me.

lt519

Kinda wanna pull for a Tharja, could use a 5* red tome user, and she'd be nice for this event. Have her at 4* though (-HP/+RES). Do we have any idea what future banners are going to be? Quite happy with my Horse Emblem team with Titania so I think I'm gonna skip out on 5* my bad IV Cecilias.

Also that Zeph GHB has always been the easiest one. I got all 3 orbs on my first try with Sharena, Zeph, Nino, Rein.

Mupod

They datamined a "Heroes with Vantage." So Gordin, Reinhardt, and Lon'qu.

On the one hand the world doesn't need more Reinhardts, especially with Quickened Pulse.

On the other hand he'd be a perfect 4th member of my Eldigan/Cecilia/Camus team. I'll be saving orbs for this.

Of course I have a backup plan, after this event ends I should be able to promote Ursula.

There hasn't been a three character banner since the first Gauntlet. Maybe they'll add someone new.

(Unlikely, but I'd something interesting to consider since I haven't pulled in weeks.)

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is Rebecca good? I have a 4* Rebecca and I don't have a leveled archer on my roster.

I could also use a red mage. Maybe I can turn Lilina into a budget Sanaki by feeding Selena to her.

Yeah, my roster isn't that strong compared to some of the monsters/horse Emblem that get talked about on here, but I've found it quite rewarding for having developed a good selection of units to draw four teams from.
Tempest has really highlighted a huge imbalance I have in characters lol. My 3rd and 4th teams are extremely red-heavy because I only have two viable green units, and maybe 4 good blue units.

OVDRobo

Getting sick of the blatant countering going on in Tempest trials.

For example, I lose my M. Robin at the end of one match then the next match has three reds and a healer because the game has identified I don't have a blue any more.

Another example - I defeat a team of entirely red units by dancing Hinoka and ORKO'ing them all, and the next map is 3 archers and a green unit.

I like the new mode more as a concept than I do in execution:
+Forces you to use alternate teams rather than just your main overpowered one
+Good mix of rewards - characters, seals, feathers, orbs, SP and HM
+Challenging enough to demand tactical thought

-Stats on enemy units that the player cannot match (unfair)
-Blatant countering that cannot be reacted to in many cases
-Grind for all significant rewards is too great for the time consumption/stress generation of each run
-Scoring system is flawed prioritising speed over survival, encouraging usual ORKO tactics and discouraging healers
-Limited time rather than a permanent mode

Hopefully when this run ends, the next time they bring it back they'll address these issues. The voting gauntlets show that they're open to tweaking to deal with player complaints thankfully.

Speaking of this game and bad decisions... At least my +RES Titania will get some use..

lt519

Interesting, I think I'm ready to step into the world of merged Reinhardts. Might just save feathers for eventual re-runs of GHB Camus/Xander.

-Grind for all significant rewards is too great for the time consumption/stress generation of each run

Just did the math, if I want that seal I need to run roughly 62 more trials. About an hour a day, which seems alright to me, but I probably won't be playing other modes while doing it, so I can see why it isn't permanent.

Also would have loved to see some quests tied to completing it different ways instead of just complete it X amount of times. Deathless, no healer, X # of Turns, etc.

Anyone ever play Transistor and/or Bastion? It'd be interesting to have bane seals that provide more HM, SP, EXP, or bonus points when equipped. I guess someone would find a way to exploit it pretty quick though.

Ugh, I fucking hate the final map. If at any point I lose Roy I might as well quit because the majority of my units just can't deal with Veronica and those bs stats. Specially not with the other units supporting her =__=

Akuun

Getting sick of the blatant countering going on in Tempest trials.

For example, I lose my M. Robin at the end of one match then the next match has three reds and a healer because the game has identified I don't have a blue any more.

Another example - I defeat a team of entirely red units by dancing Hinoka and ORKO'ing them all, and the next map is 3 archers and a green unit.
I don't know if it's detected or randomly generated. I've lost a key unit on my team before and still made it to the end of the gauntlet without it. Other times, it's a wash and I just surrender to pull out the next team.

Sometimes maps are just fine to me, and sometimes I get shit like this:

Other than inflated stats/skill combinations I doubt the map and units selection is configured to screw you. Sometimes you just get fucking unlucky.

Sterok

Got my first complete perfect run. Lucina/Ephraim/Nino/Lissa truly is a gift when I'm not making brain farts.

It's amazing how good Lucina is even when she's -Spd. Of course I've given her Fury 3 and the +Spd Seal, giving her just enough to double Veronica on her own. That's a good princess.

Haven't noticed any counter-teaming. I fight Reinhardt and Olwen all the time in the final map, and that's lunch to Nino.

lt519

Damn, had a brain fart on stage 6 and lost MRobin and was still able to beat Veronica stage with just Nino/Olivia/Lachesis. My full health hone attack Nino bait killed Veronica which surprised me. I thought I was toast and would at least chip away some damage and finish it off with Olivia/Lachesis.

He's usually useless on that stage but a Leo spawned so I had to turtle up and wait until he was in range of Olivia/Nino double attack. Still managed a AA score.

Akuun

Haven't noticed any counter-teaming. I fight Reinhardt and Olwen all the time in the final map, and that's lunch to Nino.
I imagine they have a certain template for the final map. The guy in the middle is always armored. The guy on the right is always a horse mage, the guy on the left is always a horse melee, and the one next to Veronica is always a ranged unit.

lt519

Sometimes maps are just fine to me, and sometimes I get shit like this:

I'm assuming you flailed around for a while, took out Cecilia and maybe Frederick and then succumbed to Hector/Boey/Veronica charging all at once. I have a similar team comp and that's how that encounter usually goes for me when it is heavy green. There's only so far a dancing Nino (Julia in your case) can take you in that match up.

Mupod

The final map is definitely skewed towards greens. I gave Sanaki G Tomebreaker 2 just to bully Veronica even harder (and to get rid of one of these 700 Henrys).

Akuun

I'm assuming you flailed around for a while, took out Cecilia and maybe Frederick and then succumbed to Hector/Boey/Veronica charging all at once. I have a similar team comp and that's how that encounter usually goes for me when it is heavy green. There's only so far a dancing Nino (Julia in your case) can take you in that match up.
I think I actually won that one, though I don't remember if it was deathless. Olivia has TA2 and Julia has Green Tomebreaker, which were both godsends. MRobin became a Reposition bot, and Olivia fought/tanked just as often as she danced.

Olivia's really proved her worth in a fight in Tempest. A different Tempest run ended with Olivia at half health 1v1ing a full health 76 HP Hector. Olivia won.

IceMarker

I'm at 12,000 points so far and this is really becoming a grind. I'm not sure I can old onto my sanity by the time I get Quickening Pulse. I figure 10k per 2.5 days is not too shabby for me when I'm really doing the 5-map lunatic run as opposed to the 7-map which I have not been able to consistently complete.

lt519

I think I actually won that one, though I don't remember if it was deathless. Olivia has TA2 and Julia has Green Tomebreaker, which were both godsends. MRobin became a Reposition bot, and Olivia fought/tanked just as often as she danced.

Olivia's really proved her worth in a fight in Tempest. A different Tempest run ended with Olivia at half health 1v1ing a full health 76 HP Hector. Olivia won.

Yeah, she can withstand a hit from Veronica which then usually proc's her special for a return kill. I need to focus on getting her more kills so I can give her TA2. I might get Nino a G Tomebreaker for this event as well, she's got SP to spare.

With 40k to go I may just switch up my team entirely for some SP farming. Start with Nowi for bonus and then throw in Julia, Azura, and either Linde or a Healer.

PK Gaming

I'm at 18k with liberal use of stamina potions.

My main issue is how my main team kicks all sorts of ass, but they can only be used to beat final stage OR clear a path to the final stage. Not both :(

Gotta work on improving my sub teams.

Akuun

I've been trying to move to some of my B-list units for both hero merit and SP, too. Tempest is so good for hero merit that I've been maxing out characters real fast.

4 teams to work with kind of forces you to consider plan B, C and D characters for each color/role in case your main team goes down.

I can beat it with Ryoma, Bride Lyn, Hector, and Nowi nearly every time now. It's when an unit randomly has wings of mercy I get screwed.

Hector with WoM on your team is awesome in this mode.

Got Reinhardt to 40 after 5 starring him. What a beast. Started doing 10th Stratum at level 30. What should I put as his B and special slots?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got Reinhardt to 40 after 5 starring him. What a beast. Started doing 10th Stratum at level 30. What should I put as his B and special slots?

I will always advocate lance breaker as his B. Ups his kill percentage to pretty crazy levels.

I will always advocate lance breaker as his B. Ups his kill percentage to pretty crazy levels.

Wow, that's extra 8 wins. For the special is it better go for one of the flat boosts? I'm not sure about Lunas overall performance but the calculator is giving the same amount of wins for Bonfire/Iceberg (+Res)/Luna/Draconic Aura

OVDRobo

Ugh. Just ran into a vantage Takumi on the final stage of tempest trials. With that level of stat inflation, it was completely impossible for me to defeat him with my remaining teams. Didn't help that there was a marauding Eldigan and Veronica with her usual BS backing him up (Olwen, too, but she was no issue)

I'm not certain about the counter-picking thing either. It may just be observation bias. I've just run into a few too many maps that seem almost custom-made to take out Hector or M Robin to believe it to not be at least slightly skewed. The same thing could be said about the training tower, though I've done no extensive research to actually determine whether or not that's the case.

I still think the grind's a little excessive for the mode, but at least there's something to aim towards for once that isn't just levelling another character up.

All this Reinhardt talk's been making me think about how much I'd like some Beast class units like Laguz with something like 3 move (not impeded by forests) and an automatic advantage against all cavalry units, but lacking damage against normal units and almost none against armor knights. Flier emblem is checked by archers and armor knights have problems against mages alongside their built-in disadvantages, but aside from the wolf tomes there's no real way to keep horse emblem in check on a broader basis yet, and who would honestly run those tomes with blade tomes and other overpowered uniques available?

Sushen

I can beat it with Ryoma, Bride Lyn, Hector, and Nowi nearly every time now. It's when an unit randomly has wings of mercy I get screwed.

Hector with WoM on your team is awesome in this mode.
Since I have a spare Hector, instead of using him as a fodder, I'll make one airborne. It sounds fun.

backlot

Wow, that's extra 8 wins. For the special is it better go for one of the flat boosts? I'm not sure about Lunas overall performance but the calculator is giving the same amount of wins for Bonfire/Iceberg (+Res)/Luna/Draconic Aura

Moonbow with the new Quickened Pulse seal is also an option. It's sure to be the next big thing in arena.

MANUELF

Banned
4Vd0vY3_d.jpg

Got Soren and Ike from my last 9 orbs, got A Soren First and since he asked for Ike I pulled the last red and got him, he is +SPD -DEF, is that good for him?

Sölf

I am at over 10k points now. I still fail quite a bit and often only get 400-500 points, but so far I still like the event. I will try to get to the 50k points, because the seal is just so good, but beyond that... well, nice to have orbs, but nothing I would farm to death for.

Busaiku

It took me 6 Tharjas to get a Lucina.
And she's -Speed.
Gaaaah.
4Vd0vY3_d.jpg

Got Soren and Ike from my last 9 orbs, got A Soren First and since he asked for Ike I pulled the last red and got him, he is +SPD -DEF, is that good for him?
Best Nature, since he's best at tanking non-Red Mages.

Sushen

Sometimes, the BS stats are out there in tempest. Felicia just out gunned my fully horse emblem buffed blade tome Cecilia. Definitely Felicia in my roster would need to be 6* to do that. So silly, I laughed at it.

Sölf

Sometimes, the BS stats are out there in tempest. Felicia just out gunned my fully horse emblem buffed blade tome Cecilia. Definitely Felicia in my roster would need to be 6* to do that. So silly, I laughed at it.

"Oh, so you are a red sword user and think that would be a problem for me, Hector? Wait, just let me double and one turn you..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom