• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, the BS stats are out there in tempest. Felicia just out gunned my fully horse emblem buffed blade tome Cecilia. Definitely Felicia in my roster would need to be 6* to do that. So silly, I laughed at it.

Seems like they just get more HP. Their stats really aren't out of the ordinary. Felicia's high res + extra HP means mages are not gonna kill her and probably get doubled in the process.

Sölf

You guys must be running Chrom or something to have Hector double a sword user...

Well, to be fair, it was part of by C or even D team. Not sure who it was, could have been Lucina or Lyn (untrained, so no inheritance whatsoever). I just know Hector at one point dealt 2x22 damage to a red sword and one turned it.

Bovine

Neo Member
I think I've finally gotten the hang of my flier team, they've been able to handle the last map the last few times. I'm at 12.5k so I'm past my goal of 5k a day so far. I'm relatively fortunate to have a rather deep roster. All I'm really missing in terms of what to work is decent horse units and a decent buffer (been meaning to work on an Eirika, haven't got around to it).

Wichu

Sölf;239850143 said:
Well, to be fair, it was part of by C or even D team. Not sure who it was, could have been Lucina or Lyn (untrained, so no inheritance whatsoever). I just know Hector at one point dealt 2x22 damage to a red sword and one turned it.

Could it have been the built-in Quick Riposte on his weapon, or was this when he attacked you?

Hector is surprisingly fast - the Tempest version could easily double a slower sword unit.

lt519

Almost lost the last stage for the first time, they beat Horse Emblem somehow. Threw in Eirika, Kagero, Jaffar, and Nowi as team 4 at them and it worked shockingly well. Eirika takes basically no damage and Kagero does work on the infantry unit and can survive a retaliation from Veronica.

ggx2ac

I am fighting so many Bridal Cordelia units now that I am having to make some skill changes to counter her.

To reach the 50,000 prize, you only need about 3600 a day. You did over 4 times that. Even if you wanted to get all the prizes, you're still over double what you need to do.

Okay, it's just I don't want my stamina capping so I just keep using it up when I can.

I can reliably clear the last stage with my mage trio of Sanaki, Linde, and Julia. The fourth unit is always a dancer, so I alternate between Azura and Olivia based the enemy layout.

I don't think I've ever done a full Lunatic run with just one team, but I know that 676 is my highest score.

I also added a healer to my sacrificial team to make the first six matches more reliable. My speed hasn't been slowed down that much.

It's really some of these bogus maps that cause me to eat turns. I'm sure you all know them well.

Sterok

Buffed Nino is so good that she can take on Leo in the final round. Not ORKO him, but she'll tank and finish him next turn, freeing up space for everyone else to move. Reinhardt, Olwen, and Cecilia are jokes to her. Now if only I could consistently get her to that round with everyone else.

Sushen

Just made 10k mark. Compared to others, I feel like I'm miles away. I'll see how much i can force myself to push this. I'll be happy just to make it to 50k at the end. On Reddit, there is someone who made 100k! I don't know how that's possible..

IceMarker

My only consistent final stage team is usually Ryoma (with Vantage), Soren, Lilina, and Bride Caeda. Mages totally wreck most units on that stage. Everyone except Caeda can reliably down Veronica as long as I can clear 3 other units, which is relatively easy considering they usually all have lower res than def.

Just made 10k mark. Compared to others, I feel like I'm miles away. I'll see how much i can force myself to push this. I'll be happy just to make it to 50k at the end. On Reddit, there is someone who made 100k! I don't know how that's possible..
No sleep + whaling.

My only consistent final stage team is usually Ryoma (with Vantage), Soren, Lilina, and Bride Caeda. Mages totally wreck most units on that stage. Everyone except Caeda can reliably down Veronica as long as I can clear 3 other units, which is relatively easy considering they usually all have lower res than def.

No sleep + whaling.

you realize 7k/day is totally possible with a regular sleep schedule and no stamina potion use right

lt519

Just hit 20k and I've used three stamina pots. I play two rounds before work, one or two during lunch, then have played 1-2 hours a night. It's a serious grind, but there's plenty of days left.

forgrim

i'm f2p and definetly don't have super teams, so if i don't clear with my one team (Ryoma, Nowi, 4*Nino, and Bride Lyn), i'm done for.

I managed to get my first clear after 2 days, and it was ryoma just winning the last stage against 3 green mages.

typically just grinding to the last stage, and surrendering if i have 0 chance. at 7500 points for two days...only 42500 more to go.....

Theosmeo

No sleep + whaling.

Actually idk if whaling is necessary, I have a friend who's hoarded potions since the start and has like 70 now. If he wanted he could probably grind it out in about 10 hours, which isnt that insane considering people beat games longer than that in 2 days

Well, got my first single-death run on the final Lunatic map......without a bonus unit. I started leading with Reinhardt/Xander/Camilla/Bride Lyn for speed and ended up with an unexpected full run. Unless I can figure out how to fit 4* Nowi into a decent team, looks like my best bet is still to go with a 3-team rotation.

Does anybody know how Triangle Adept 3/Quick Riposte 2 Xander does against Veronica? I'm wondering if I should put TA on him.

Theosmeo

I've just realized that glass canons are the meta for this, they get low turn counts and dont have to sacrifice hp once they get to desperation range

My current setup is: quadilia, tharja(life 'n' death), olivia(either of them again), and bride lyn(rehab and defusing long range threats). I'd reccomend 2 and a dancer to cover each others weaknesses. I used to run nowi and hector but they slowely got chipped over time and i had to take turns healing them. Sometimes a julia or celica would show up and i'd need to be super careful. Being able to quickly wipe maps and take now damage is for sure the way to go, bringing a healer is still smart though

Spoit

Well, got my first single-death run on the final Lunatic map......without a bonus unit. I started leading with Reinhardt/Xander/Camilla/Bride Lyn for speed and ended up with an unexpected full run. Unless I can figure out how to fit 4* Nowi into a decent team, looks like my best bet is still to go with a 3-team rotation.

Does anybody know how Triangle Adept 3/Quick Riposte 2 Xander does against Veronica? I'm wondering if I should put TA on him.

Unless you have Roys coming out your ass, I wouldn't really waste TA3 on Xander. It's hard to tell how well QR2 works on her, since he's usually out of the range by then, but I don't recall it REALLY being necessary. And without TA, he can actually occasionally tank some lancers, especially with a defense tile

I can do up to the 7th stage with my horse team but then I surrender and switch in my B team with Sanaki and a bonus unit. That gets me A speed and B survival with a total around 670-ish. Don't think I can top that.

The grind is real

Getting better. I've managed 3 perfect runs with Xander, Reinhardt, Nowi and Bride Lyn. Sometimes I get unlucky on the last stage against green tomes but 2nd string team w/ Ryoma G Tomebreaker usually solves that.

Unless you have Roys coming out your ass, I wouldn't really waste TA3 on Xander. It's hard to tell how well QR2 works on her, since he's usually out of the range by then, but I don't recall it REALLY being necessary. And without TA, he can actually occasionally tank some lancers, especially with a defense tile

Just QR on Xander will be able to take Veronica down to single digits without dying. Fury Xander should be able to ORKO Veronica.
Thanks! I've been having good runs lately (Team 1 gets to the final map quickly, Team 2 gets the bonus points then surrenders, and Team 3 cleans up), so it doesn't look like I really need to make any more changes. Sitting at about 16k now.

I'm getting better at Tempest Trials, I think. Managed to get B/A and A/B scores.

Then of course in my latest run, I had to get my first team wiped out on map 2 and my third team wiped out on map 5 or 6. Thought I was gonna lose early...

My current favourite strategy is having low HP Cherche zooming around the map with Azura flying with her.

OVDRobo

Ran into what I can only assume is almost the most stacked setup for the final stage of Tempest Trials possible:

RSR2gX9.jpg

The only way it could have possibly been worse is if the Celica had been replaced with Vantage Takumi or maybe Kagero, and even that's debatable.

I changed my strategy of having a healer keep my overpowered team of Hector, Ike and TA3 M Robin alive to the final stage to using my Rebecca with Ardent Sacrifice, Renewal, Breath of Life and Noontime to keep them topped up health-wise since healing often felt redundant in the earlier stages, slowing me down. She's also +RES so she can at least take a hit from most mages without dying and can give a little extra damage while simultaneously healing those around her. It's working better but I still can't match the types of scores some people are raking in. I imagine using a dancer would make quicker, but I prefer to play it safe even if I have to grind a bit more because of it.

Mupod

Snacky with GTomebreaker will gib Veronica.

I play with horse emblem until round 7 then surrender and bring in my bonus unit team - she's my MVP for this. G tomebreaker seemed like overkill but there's very often some kind of green-heavy layout like cecilia+merric, and it's a must for sanaki's slow ass to take out their buffed HP in one round. Which is also important if there's a Cain or Frederick hiding in the back with Wings of Mercy. She rarely takes damage from greens so tomebreaker 2 is plenty.

Gave her Glimmer too which enables her to one shot Veronica. Good use of one of my 10,000 Peris.

Anyways, for an event that played up 'permadeath' as a consequence, it's hilarious that I've lost 7 units and still ended up with 676 points.

This event is great for gaining hero merit and thus feathers.

this is part of why I built a new team. My cavalry team has gained around 600 hero merit already. Makes the grinding a little easier to deal with since I'm getting merit and SP.

Busaiku

So sick of Tharja.
6 already, none with the best Nature, and only 1 Lucina with -Speed...

There has to be the most common 5 star ever.

What the... got my third (or second) off-banner 5* Roy from the Tempest Trial banner. Was trying to pull a Lucina or Tharja to make the last stage easier.

Not angry or sad, just confused. Is the game trying to tell me something?

On the plus side, I didn't actually think I'd get more than a +1 Hero as a F2P player.

Roman

Ran into what I can only assume is almost the most stacked setup for the final stage of Tempest Trials possible:

The only way it could have possibly been worse is if the Celica had been replaced with Vantage Takumi or maybe Kagero, and even that's debatable.

Not to gloat and I'm aware my posts are getting predictable but even this composition is easy to handle for cavalry.

If anyone is wondering whether it's worth the investment, these are the kinds of stunts you can expect to be able to pull:

Xetherion

Not to gloat and I'm aware my posts are getting predictable but even this composition is easy to handle for cavalry.

If anyone is wondering whether it's worth the investment, these are the kinds of stunts you can expect to be able to pull:

Guess you must have Goad on Cecilia as well as Rein? That's the only way Xander doubles Victoria i believe.

OVDRobo

I'm aware of the (slightly ridiculous) strengths of all-cavalry teams, but I don't have a full cavalry team put together yet. I've got Eldigan at 5* but no SI as well as Xander, Sully, Ursula, Camus and Cecilia at 4*. Lots of almost-theres but not enough skills, SP or feathers to take them to where they need to be to be effective

As self-sabotaging as it is, I try to run team comps made up of characters that I like rather than what is statistically the best, though my tastes pushing me towards characters like Ike and Hector eases that a little. It's what keeps games like this exciting to me since it really takes the excitement out of new hero launches when you can only get really excited about characters if they're powerful, rather than trying to work around the limitations the designers decided to put on some of your favourites. I still have a Sophia as a backup that's pretty good at being a red version of Robin from before I pulled Sanaki and my Beruka carried me tank-wise through up until I pulled a Hector on the hero fest banner.

A lot of the time my tastes correlate with what's powerful anyway, but Reinhardt is still a literal 'who?' to me as are most other characters pre-Blazing Blade so I tend to not run too many of them.

Roman

For what it's worth my Cecilia is 4* and neither her nor Reinhardt have Death Blow 3 so in some ways my cavalry is woefully incomplete.

In fact that Clarine is 3* and I haven't even bothered to give her Rehabilitate. I'd like to try out a Wrathful Staff Absorb build but have practically none of the components.

kewlmyc

Not a bad plan, but it requires you to either get no bonus points or get at least a B in survival. Wish one of the bonus units were a horse. Maybe next time.

Sushen

This is an endurance test. I had to take some break after 2 hours. I wonder how peoples can push hours playing tempest.

Sushen

My 5* fury 3 Xander can't one shot Veronica. What's his setting, and did he have more than hone cavalry?

Pulled a Bridal Caeda (+HP/-Res). This banner has been surprisingly generous. Don't think I've put more than 30 orbs into it and got both her and Cordelia (-Spd but still). Also got a useable Reinhardt which I've got straight up bodying everything.

Roman

Not a bad plan, but it requires you to either get no bonus points or get at least a B in survival. Wish one of the bonus units were a horse. Maybe next time.

Indeed, this is my fallback team when the main one with Lucina can't win.

My 5* fury 3 Xander can't one shot Veronica. What's his setting, and did he have more than hone cavalry?

Fury 3, Hone and Goad give him 37 Speed which is enough to 1RKO 32 Spd Veronica.

Red team array was Veronica, Setsuna, Cain, Leo, and Effie.

It came down to this due to me forgetting that Cain is the Wings of Mercy guy (again), and Ryoma failing to ORKO Leo (leaving him with 1 HP).

P.S. OH YES let us not forget that one moment in the home stretch I got bored and thought auto-battle would let Sakura kite Effie to death, safely, for me. Her critical HP count is the result of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom