• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Got the Breath of Life Seal. Not sure if I can make good use of it, but it's an easy filler to put on someone. Tharja for now.

So I've been an F2P player since Day One, thought I had a fairly good grasp of the game, and then Tempest Trials wrecked me. I can barely scrape through the second level and that's only if there isn't Hector in the last stage.

Any tips? I have 80K feathers so I can promote 4* heroes, and my roster is near max so inheritance is possible.

List of my strongest heroes (level in parentheses):
Lilana (40)
Ephraim (40)
Takumi (40)
Fae (40)
Kagero 4* (40)
Spring Chrom (37)

My other 5* are Spring Camilla, another Takumi, Sakura, Ninian, and Eldigan. None are level 40 though.

redcrayon

Do you only have four level 40, 5* units? I'd definitely promote some to round out your options. Can you use crystals to help level up the others quickly?

What I would do is decide which is your strongest team for the end battle, and use that last. The only constant in the end battle is the leader unit, so have something tailored to kill her on that team.

Look at the list of units in battle 1, send in a team tailored to defeat it. As each of your teams is defeated, do the same to make progress. The more teams that make it to the end, the more hp debuffs the enemy take even if those teams surrender immediately or are too weakened to fight. It's not pretty and won't get you massive points the way some of the killer teams people here have are waltzing through it, but it's probably the best way for a weak roster to make it through. Even if you aren't making it to the end, clearing as many maps as you can on as high a difficulty level as you can will get you more points for the same stamina cost too. Failure on a late map on lunatic can get you more points than success on hard.

I'm ftp too and my roster is stronger than yours (around a dozen 5*, level 40 units, including two healers), and even I'm only finishing the final battle (albeit on top difficulty) about 50% of the time.

One last point- special cooldowns carry over. If your last team is fighting the penultimate battle, try not to use specials to finish enemies if you can avoid it, going into the last battle (or any map for that matter) with a fully charged special is obviously a decent move.

Sushen

Finally got bride Cornelia. It's-def/+res. Is she still good without spd+/atk?

I need an advice on whether to go with firesweep or brave bow.

Anyway, I'm finally done with this banner. Bye Lyn, I guess, we're not meant for each other.

So I've been an F2P player since Day One, thought I had a fairly good grasp of the game, and then Tempest Trials wrecked me. I can barely scrape through the second level and that's only if there isn't Hector in the last stage.

Any tips? I have 80K feathers so I can promote 4* heroes, and my roster is near max so inheritance is possible.

List of my strongest heroes (level in parentheses):
Lilana (40)
Ephraim (40)
Takumi (40)
Fae (40)
Kagero 4* (40)
Spring Chrom (37)

My other 5* are Spring Camilla, another Takumi, Sakura, Ninian, and Eldigan. None are level 40 though.

Are you also using a bonus hero? I find mages can make things a lot easier, so Spring Camila and Lilina should be a good start. Run Ephraim as well, and you'll have colour coverage, and a free attack buff if you keep them close together. Your 4th should be a healer to help keep your team up. They don't need to be levelled if you keep them out of harms way, and going though the trials will grind them up fairly quickly anyway.

For inheritance, give Spring Camila either Granblade or Gronraven (kill/coverage respectively). If you go raven for coverage, Triangle Adept would be a good choice so you can hard counter Blues and Grays. If you go Blade, give Ehpraim a hone/fortify skill in this C slot to help boost the damage more. Lilina should be alright with her base tome for raw damage, so you can build around her stats. Ephraim should be the "core" of the team, tanking hits as needed, and ideally standing beside your heavy hitters to buff them. For Assists, movement skills are your best friend. Reposition and Drag back will get you mileage and help keep units safe. Specials are up to you, but Miracle is amazing for when you need someone to take a hit and not die.

hopefully this helps some. If you can give more info on what you are doing/who you like to use, maybe we can help some more. Or jump on the discord, since people there are supposed to be pretty helpful.

Meeps

For what it's worth my Cecilia is 4* and neither her nor Reinhardt have Death Blow 3 so in some ways my cavalry is woefully incomplete.

In fact that Clarine is 3* and I haven't even bothered to give her Rehabilitate. I'd like to try out a Wrathful Staff Absorb build but have practically none of the components.

Would you mind sharing your team builds (or what you're working towards)? I have a +ATK Cecilia that I've been meaning to level up for a horse team. So far I only have Reinhardt set up.

Roman

Would you mind sharing your team builds (or what you're working towards)? I have a +ATK Cecilia that I've been meaning to level up for a horse team. So far I only have Reinhardt set up.

Xander runs Swap/Fury/Vantage/Moonbow/Fortify Cavalry. He is ideally buffed by a Hone and two Goads, and thus reaches 65 Atk/ 41 Spd/ 40 Def/ 20 Res.

Reinhardt is pretty standard, with Swap/Death Blow/Lancebreaker/Goad Cavalry.

I haven't even replaced his Special yet, but I'm thinking of running the upcoming lethal Moonbow+Quickened Pulse combo.

Cecilia is also standard with Gronnblade/Draw Back/Draconic Aura/Goad Cavalry. I haven't even replaced Escape Route on her yet because she honestly doesn't even need a B skill.

The last slot is reserved for a bonus hero, which at one point was Clarine, so I still have one with Hone Cavalry.

When Camus becomes bonus, I will run him with basically the same set as Xander, except with Hone Cavalry. Buffed by Xander's Fortify and two Goads he reaches 59 Atk / 44 Spd / 40 Def / 26 Res - so the two end up rather similar.

In the Discord server linked in the OP we indeed help out anyone with team building questions or otherwise on a regular basis and everyone is very welcome.

Mupod

Xander runs Swap/Fury/Vantage/Moonbow/Fortify Cavalry. He is ideally buffed by a Hone and two Goads, and thus reaches 65 Atk/ 41 Spd/ 40 Def/ 20 Res.

Reinhardt is pretty standard, with Swap/Death Blow/Lancebreaker/Goad Cavalry.

I haven't even replaced his Special yet, but I'm thinking of running the upcoming lethal Moonbow+Quickened Pulse combo.

Cecilia is also standard with Gronnblade/Draw Back/Draconic Aura/Goad Cavalry. I haven't even replaced Escape Route on her yet because she honestly doesn't even need a B skill.

The last slot is reserved for a bonus hero, which at one point was Clarine, so I still have one with Hone Cavalry.

When Camus becomes bonus, I will run him with basically the same set as Xander, except with Hone Cavalry. Buffed by Xander's Fortify and two Goads he reaches 59 Atk / 44 Spd / 40 Def / 26 Res - so the two end up rather similar.

In the Discord server linked in the OP we indeed help out anyone with team building questions or otherwise on a regular basis and everyone is very welcome.

I've got a gronnblade+, +atk Cecilia that my cavalry squad is built around. Escape Route combined with a Wings of Mercy dancer is really funny in the later maps when my team starts running low on HP. It basically feels like cheating.

Bamboo 竹;239968611 said:
Okay, I'm mad. Since when the AI prefers to Assist an ally instead to attack a close enemy unit?

if you're in range of two enemies, and one has a rally skill, it will use that on the other. This gets really problematic when they use it on a dancer, because the dancer's AI then switches from prioritizing attacking to dancing. So you get bullshit like putting Hector in range to bait an Azura, but instead a Ryoma runs over to rally her and then gets danced to kill your unit.

Sushen

The best part about the tempest mode is that I'm re-discovering my units. Sanaki, Jaffar and Faye are some of examples. I used them enough to level them up to 40.

But, Faye's clutch play in Veronica and how Jaffar and Faye shut down somd units that I didn't expect them to is pretty fun discovery.

The best part about the tempest mode is that I'm re-discovering my units. Sanaki, Jaffar and Faye are some of examples. I used them enough to level them up to 40.

Faye's clutch play in Veronica and how Jaffar and Faye shut down somd units that I didn't expect them to is pretty fun discovery.
Faye's one of the units I really hate to run into in Tempest. Not because of her offense, but because my usual archer-killers (Xander/Hector) can't use Distant Counter because of Firesweep. Killing Faye usually means getting in close, which often puts my units in range of other, more serious threats. Wings of Mercy is never fun to deal with as well.

She's pretty underrated imo.

Spoit

Boey is the one who's singlehandedly torn through whole teams for me. The ridiculous stat pools combined with that passive is just silly.

Mupod

damn I just had my first full wipe, and I'm at 32,000 points. I wasn't paying attention and lost Camus on map 5, so of course I ran into an Ike on map 6 - one of the only units that I can't kill with Cecilia/Eldigan/Olivia (without charged specials). So I had to bring in my secondary team, and I was so used to Niles being a non-issue that I was surprised when he did like 70% damage to Hector. Which meant I had nobody to tank the Reinhardt in map 7 and it all went to shit.

That's the other thing, my usual strategy of surrendering my first squad also reduces the HP of the enemies on the final map, so I guess I had a slightly skewed perception of how hard it is normally. Sanaki can't one shot those 72 HP Hectors for free but when they are 60 HP she can. Makes a big difference in clear times at least.

damn I just had my first full wipe, and I'm at 32,000 points. I wasn't paying attention and lost Camus on map 5, so of course I ran into an Ike on map 6 - one of the only units that I can't kill with Cecilia/Eldigan/Olivia (without charged specials). So I had to bring in my secondary team, and I was so used to Niles being a non-issue that I was surprised when he did like 70% damage to Hector. Which meant I had nobody to tank the Reinhardt in map 7 and it all went to shit.

That's the other thing, my usual strategy of surrendering my first squad also reduces the HP of the enemies on the final map, so I guess I had a slightly skewed perception of how hard it is normally. Sanaki can't one shot those 72 HP Hectors for free but when they are 60 HP she can. Makes a big difference in clear times at least.

Is sacking the first team that common? I usually just go straight though with mine, though my bonus unit is actually part of my team. Tharja, Erika, Linde, Maria. Just a blade mage team, but they are able to run though everything from start to finish as long as I don't mess up and leave one out for dead.

Mupod

Is sacking the first team that common? I usually just go straight though with mine, though my bonus unit is actually part of my team. Tharja, Erika, Linde, Maria. Just a blade mage team, but they are able to run though everything from start to finish as long as I don't mess up and leave one out for dead.

I dunno if it's a common strat. I can clear it with my main team, but this way is faster and more consistent. On top of that, I can farm SP/merit on my cavalry team. It's a lot less stressful than doing a full deathless run and I get 676 almost every time, with no time wasted on healing etc. The funny thing is I've gotten 676 even losing 7 units.

Is Draconic Aura the best thing for Cecilia? I currently have Moonbow on her.

Draconic Aura seems to work out the best, but Moonbow does help counteract the +1 special count on blade tomes.

In tempest trials specifically, longer special counts aren't as big a deal, and it's nice having an instant delete button for everything.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I dunno if it's a common strat. I can clear it with my main team, but this way is faster and more consistent. On top of that, I can farm SP/merit on my cavalry team. It's a lot less stressful than doing a full deathless run and I get 676 almost every time, with no time wasted on healing etc. The funny thing is I've gotten 676 even losing 7 units.

Yeah, I've been using the trials to farm SP/merit on my guys. I use a bonus unit in the first map, immediately surrender, then run through with my second team. My normal team is full on merit and with 1000+ extra SP, so I want to spread the love around.

13randO

Any opinions on an A skill and C skill for a desperation Tharja? I was thinking either Fury or Life and death, but for the C skill, I don't have a clue :S Also, for those going for the Quickened Pulse S slot skill, who are you planning to put it on? I was thinking Putting it on Rein and seeing if Moonbow would work better than Luna.

About to hit 10k soon in Tempest. The struggle is real but I must push on for 5* Lucin-Marth.

At the very least I'm getting plenty of resources along the way

Mupod

Any opinions on an A skill and C skill for a desperation Tharja? I was thinking either Fury or Life and death, but for the C skill, I don't have a clue :S Also, for those going for the Quickened Pulse S slot skill, who are you planning to put it on? I was thinking Putting it on Rein and seeing if Moonbow would work better than Luna.

moonbow/quickened pulse on Reinhardt/Olwen or brave weapon users is going to get really, really annoying in arena.

for tempest trial only, I want to try it out on Eldigan assuming it still works as normal with his -1 special count weapon. Could be fun with Reprisal, considering how much time he spends at low hp.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This Tempest grind is bullshit. It's not that it's hard to clear anymore with the right characters or anything, especially since losing a team or two is fine, but it's just so fucking tedious to grind up to the number of points needed.

I already have a 5* Lucina anyway, and she's not even that great at my arena tier. I barely ever see her anymore.

Draconic Aura seems to work out the best, but Moonbow does help counteract the +1 special count on blade tomes.

In tempest trials specifically, longer special counts aren't as big a deal, and it's nice having an instant delete button for everything.

From what I have heard/my own experiences, survival is based on teams surviving rather than units on each team. So if team 2 wins you get a B, 3 is a C, 4 is a D. I know for sure you can lose a unit and still get an A, but I don't know if anybody can confirm you can beat with just 1 unit surviving and still get an A.

I'm getting a bit bored of the grind, to be honest. I'm around 27k, and I'll probably just get to 50k and then play less often with more creative teams to farm hero merit, and not stress if I waste stamina.

Glad we got another mode, but the time commitment of 10 or 15 minutes per run to average somewhere in the mid 500s for a run is a bit high for me.. If its every 6months or so then I could dig it.

I can't beat it with a bonus unit on my team, so I'll probably never get the 705 as I'm not planning on doing a ton of skill inheritance to units I won't normally use when I'm already good enough.

I did realize that I have no good blue mages. So even though I was planning on saving for the next exciting banner, I might spend 30 or 40 orbs fishing for Reinhardt if he is on the vantage banner.

Also, the Takumi I was so psyched about is now trash tier. I haven't done any inheritance aside from vantage back when SI was brand new. But he can't kill anything without getting one hit killed.

elty

Just managed a flawless AA clear. Was lucky enough that the last stage is full of reds as I usually run Reindhart/Azura/Olivia/Kagero.

Then I realized I am missing out the 40% bonus. :/

Spoit

What's special about Draconic Aura and what types of units can use it the best?

It boosts attack, rather than dropping other stats, so it's good on someone who has stratospherically high stats, like boosted blade-tome-ers.

And more importantly, it's one less person who needs the desperately small collection of moonbow fodder

elty

I am thinking to build a +10 4* Nino - I hope the missing 3 ATK on the + weapon won't hurt too much.. Is +SPD still the best?

Theosmeo

Hmmm just got masked marth 5* who should destroy veronica if im ever having trouble with lunatic 7 set up. Leveling her is gunna take a fair bit of stamina though, I might save it till after i get 99,999

bigzgod

From what I have heard/my own experiences, survival is based on teams surviving rather than units on each team. So if team 2 wins you get a B, 3 is a C, 4 is a D. I know for sure you can lose a unit and still get an A, but I don't know if anybody can confirm you can beat with just 1 unit surviving and still get an A.

I can confirm. I still got a perfect 705 despite finishing off a run with only Nowi left on my team.

Hmmm just got masked marth 5* who should destroy veronica if im ever having trouble with lunatic 7 set up. Leveling her is gunna take a fair bit of stamina though, I might save it till after i get 99,999

You can use crystals to auto level, but you'll lose out on the sp you will need since she comes with zero skills, meaning everything will be 1.5x SP cost. However, since you have two, if you are planning to merge immediately/have the feathers then you can teach skills to the 4 star version and then level to 40 twice to get extra sp.

I can confirm. I still got a perfect 705 despite finishing off a run with only Nowi left on my team.

Thanks for confirming. I will probably try and see if I can get a perfect score with Tharja after I get to 50k, as my Nino is maxed on hero merit and has more sp than I could ever need anyways.
I just don't have a good buffer for her. Eirika is my Nino buff-bot/Green killer/ emergency red sword killer, but i don't have an Ephraim to match with Tharja to max out her blade potential without losing coverage.

Ondore

Just crossed 10,000 tonight, and tomorrow is my day to get to "Marth" with stamina pots. I really hope this leads to the 10 orbs/5k feathers.

My usual team is Lucina/Nowi/Nino/Priscilla, and I can usually get to 7 and die. I've had a couple of D-survival wins, so about 400 points, but even the 330 for losing on 7 is fine.

Sushen

hit 22k and haven't used any potions. might actually be able to get to the 99k reward
Just crossed 20k mark. No potions used as I needed to take breaks anyway. I'm more satisfied by HM going up and getting 500 feathers each time.

It seems 50k bonus is definitely in the range and I'll see if I would have the motivation to go further than that.

I can't imagine doing the Gauntlet on top of this as I pretty much ignored the arena for a few days now to play the tempest mode.

syncyes

Just broke 20k. I'm managing a decent 5k/day pace now without stamina pot usage. Think I'll just keep at that so the grind doesn't wear me down too much.

I woke up this morning to error code 803-3016.

It told me all data was deleted, and that I had to delete and re download the app.

I had linked my Nintendo account to it, but apparently that wasn't enough so now I'm going through the tutorial.

If I don't get my characters back I'm out, seriously fuck this if all my shit is gone.

xequalsy

Eh I got up to 4% on the bride banner and got my pity counter reset by Effie. She's +Att -Res at least so it's not a total wash. Guess I'm not getting a Cordelia today.

Time to save orbs for the Reinhardt banner.

Achtius

I woke up this morning to error code 803-3016.

It told me all data was deleted, and that I had to delete and re download the app.

I had linked my Nintendo account to it, but apparently that wasn't enough so now I'm going through the tutorial.

If I don't get my characters back I'm out, seriously fuck this if all my shit is gone.

contact support?

WhyMe6

I am thinking to build a +10 4* Nino - I hope the missing 3 ATK on the + weapon won't hurt too much.. Is +SPD still the best?

I'm pretty sure Blade teams are still great with just the regular one! I'll be doing the same with my Cecilia, I think I can get her to 40+7 4* now, which will be good (once I get the feathers).

Which is better for scoring? Lunatic 5 or Lunatic 7?

I can clear Lunatic 5 consistently, and it's much faster to finish than Lunatic 7 and less stressful, so I'm going for that. Without using stamina potions, I'm up to 16,265 so I'm on track to get 50k fortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom