• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Wait, does this mean you don't actually have to use the bonus unit in a battle? Could I put the -ATK Nowi i've been using on my last team, and just use my first team to clear everything, and still get the bonus?
I think it still needs to be in battle. I think what people can do is bring out the first team with a bonus unit, lose the team somewhere along the line, then finish with a better team.

Zafir

Wait, does this mean you don't actually have to use the bonus unit in a battle? Could I put the -ATK Nowi i've been using on my last team, and just use my first team to clear everything, and still get the bonus?

No, the unit has to have been used at some point in the battle. It's just it doesn't matter if you had her in a team which failed. You still get the 40% bonus.

Mupod

they have to participate in a battle. They don't need to clear that map, just be there.

Xetherion

Damn, was hoping i'd be able to drop Nowi from my first team as she's usually just dead weight. Oh well, can usually clear all 7 maps even with her dragging the team down anyway

Wichu

I just did the same :D

5Mf2Fse.png

60% there!

Octagon

I am at 25000 and i can tell that i am getting better at this mode.
Finally beat the last level for the first (2nd and 3rd) time today. ^^
Also i've been getting so many feathers that i have been finally able to promote Eirika.
Tomorrow i will try to take it easy and do those Zephiel quests.

Wichu

Dem feathers tho :p

Yeah, I haven't felt the need to promote anyone for a while. I'll probably spend 40000 on Alfonse and Anna (already have 5* Sharena), but the other 60000 are up in the air. I might take my +Atk/-Res Robin to 5* and merge him with my current one (+Res/-Spd).

Alucrid

Banned
i don't get why you would want to merge 5 stars at the moment. doesn't that just move you up into the "get fucked by whales" tier in the arena?

You will be murdered to death by Tempesr version of Niles and Felicia, though. Resistance sky high, specials on the first counter for Niles at least. And for me they usually appear on the map with breakable walls in the middle where you have to bait.

Second team Ike murders them both and avenges me.

Not that I don't care, just can't help. Wish you luck. I would be pretty upset if my account disappeared. I don't see how butt dialing it would be possible, as there are numerous screens and confirmations.

You made another team after or you always had two accounts? Did you accidentally link one to the same Nintendo account maybe?

When I redownloaded the app, it asked if I had a Nintendo account, so I put it in, and it started me a brand new game. I figured when I put in the account it would just pull my old account down from the cloud. I only had one team, so now I still have one team

ccbfan

I'm extremely ill prepared for this event.

I have a total of 8 5* level 40s and 1 4* level 40s (Healer).

I was basically sleepwalking through the game getting 4000 arena points and saving orbs for a good banners.

Firemind

I'm extremely ill prepared for this event.

I have a total of 8 5* level 40s and 1 4* level 40s (Healer).

I was basically sleepwalking through the game getting 4000 arena points and saving orbs for a good banners.
I only use 10 tbh and two of them is a *4 Nino and Lilina for ranged support. Like others I'm also avoiding healers. More often than not I needed someone to finish the job. Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice on Lucina is enough healing support, especially since you get free 10 HP at the start of every map.

At 20k now but I don't think I can make it to 50k in less than 10 days with E3 going on right now.

Zafir

When I redownloaded the app, it asked if I had a Nintendo account, so I put it in, and it started me a brand new game. I figured when I put in the account it would just pull my old account down from the cloud. I only had one team, so now I still have one team
I've done it before. It should pull your old account from the account after you've logged into your nintendo account in the browser that pops up, you aren't wrong.

StAidan

Flier Emblem is my go-to team for the first 6 rounds of Tempest. I use Ninian as dancing support, Palla and S!Camilla with Reposition and Goad, and Hinoka with Pivot and Hone. With all the movement options I can often do the first few rounds taking no damage. Even when the game throws a Takumi at me (guaranteeing one of my fliers will die), I can still normally make it to round 6 or 7 with two fliers and a dancer.

At round 7 I switch them out for my bonus hero team (Tharja, S!Lucina, Hector, Olivia). Usually an easy victory, excepting the times when I'm presented with 4 greens, which gets a little dicey.

Firemind

The Tempest trials have taught me that archers take reduced damage from flying units. That's not how I remember Fire Emblem!

Edit: or maybe it was just a really tanky takumi

xequalsy

I've just started running Takumi instead of a healer now to deal with the fliers map. If only I had farmed up SP for my Lucina beforehand to double as a healer, then I could run her as a healer instead of Ike to cover red.

Mupod

this is the 5th day of the event, right? We're supposed to get 10 orbs and 5000 feathers if the total score passes 1 billion in 5 days.

last I checked I was around rank 3000 with 45,000 points and I'd imagine I'm way ahead of most people. So we're probably fine. I guess it'd pay out tomorrow then...?

I'm so very orb thirsty right now. Give me that fuckin Reinhardt.

Trials are still fun but not going to dedicate enough time to it to get anywhere near the 50k. Will be happy to soon get the 20k Breath of Life 1 and then maybe 5* "Marth" if I don't get too bored. Started throwing some skills onto the 4* just for the heck of it.

Trials are also fairly stamina-efficient for leveling up and getting feathers, multiple 4* moved up to 40 as well as a couple of 5*. Bride Lucina at 39.5. And earlier I had three characters on screen ready to dish out 500 feathers each.

Mupod

I wonder if you can merge "Marth" with Lucina.

nah, different versions of the same individual, are considered different units for the game's purposes.

Better question is if they keep the tempest trial themed around single FE games, what could they give out? Obviously they'd do a Fates event, so they could have Azura in her dumb disguise. I'm sure people would love to get one of those for free.

Sushen

I've been cruising the tempest mode with little trouble and that may upset the game. From the first match, it threw in Reinhardt, Linde, Kagero, and Ike. What is this???

Still managed to beat them with my atk- Linde, but that was a scary team to matched against.

redcrayon

The Tempest trials have taught me that archers take reduced damage from flying units. That's not how I remember Fire Emblem!

Edit: or maybe it was just a really tanky takumi
Always worth having a look at enemy stats in this mode, some of them are insanely high for normally 'squishy' units, and with a combination of skills and seals you might not be expecting too. I ran into a Mage with the '+7 defence when under x% health' skill that pushed him well over 40 def, that meant my melee fighters could barely hurt him!

Sölf

nah, different versions of the same individual, are considered different units for the game's purposes.

Better question is if they keep the tempest trial themed around single FE games, what could they give out? Obviously they'd do a Fates event, so they could have Azura in her dumb disguise. I'm sure people would love to get one of those for free.

Well, they could give units in ter (un)promoted versions. Mounted Ephraim? Bladelord Lyn? Sure, why not? Or other important characters from the game that didn't get released yet. Athos or Morgan would come to mind.

13randO

BLESSED. First draw on the Vantage banter got me Rein. Rein+1 here we go. Apparently my new Rein is +Attk - Spd, but my old one is +Spd, - HP. If I merge the old one inot the new one, will the new one be able to learn my old one's skills? (like death blow, etc)

Busaiku

BLESSED. First draw on the Vantage banter got me Rein. Rein+1 here we go. Apparently my new Rein is +Attk - Spd, but my old one is +Spd, - HP. If I merge the old one inot the new one, will the new one be able to learn my old one's skills? (like death blow, etc)
Yes.

Theosmeo

Yep, and anything thats already learned will be learned, you wont need to grind SP again

alcheim

I've been getting somewhat good results using Lucina, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Leo on the 7-battle Tempest maps, but sometimes Leo (+spd/-res) fails to one-shot greens/colorless. Is it worth sacrificing 20k feathers to 5-star an extra Tharja so I can pass her tome to Leo?

The mass battle simulator seems to shows Brynhildr wins more compared to Rauorblade+, but that doesn't factor in buffs from running a 3-horse emblem team.

So what do you guys/gals think? Stick with Brynhildr, or spend 20k to get Rauorblade+ ?

Yeah, I haven't felt the need to promote anyone for a while. I'll probably spend 40000 on Alfonse and Anna (already have 5* Sharena), but the other 60000 are up in the air. I might take my +Atk/-Res Robin to 5* and merge him with my current one (+Res/-Spd).
I'm sitting at about 75k. I've been thinking about promoting some 5* units to sacrifice for skill inheritance (Life & Death for Linde, Gronnblade+ for Cecilia, etc), but I dunno.

I've been getting somewhat good results using Lucina, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Leo on the 7-battle Tempest maps, but sometimes Leo (+spd/-res) fails to one-shot greens/colorless. Is it worth sacrificing 20k feathers to 5-star an extra Tharja so I can pass her tome to Leo?

The mass battle simulator seems to shows Brynhildr wins more compared to Rauorblade+, but that doesn't factor in buffs from running a 3-horse emblem team.

So what do you guys/gals think? Stick with Brynhildr, or spend 20k to get Rauorblade+ ?

Why wouldn't you factor in the buffs? With your IVs and full buffs he goes from 26 wins with his original tome to 103 wins. I'm not entirely sure if that's worth 20k feathers though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom