• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

43.6k in the tempest, starting to get overly grindy just because the maps are repetitive and my strategy is the same for each map everytime, just going through the motions now. I could SP/HM units but that also means less efficiency in getting to 50k. Plenty of skills I still need to learn on Nowi, Linde, Kagero, Azura but that doesn't really make a great team. Too much blue.

OMG Aero

I'm having difficulty in Tempest because I only really have one team that I've put time into so as soon as it's knocked out I can't continue, so I'm grinding characters to put together a basic Horse Emblem team to carry me as far as it can before I use my main team but I'm not sure what to do for one of my characters.
One of my slots is just going to be a bonus character to get more points but I have 5 star Xander with Hone Cavalry, 4 star Cecilia that has Gronnblade and I'm going to give Fortify Cavalry, and 5 star Olwen that I'm going to give Fortify Cavalry but I don't know whether to give her Blarblade or whether the Dire Thunder she already has is better. Anyone have any advice?

Spoit

Luke looks kinda interesting, and that other sword user has the exp booster...but I dunno. I Kinda want to blow my orbs chasing bride cordellia.

Have the stats been datamined yet?

Hmmm, not really that interested. I might do a few pulls since it's been so long, but I was hoping we'd get a groom banner or something like that.

alcheim

Why wouldn't you factor in the buffs? With your IVs and full buffs he goes from 26 wins with his original tome to 103 wins. I'm not entirely sure if that's worth 20k feathers though

It's just that the buffs are entirely dependent on the other allies being close to him, so I opted to factor them out when doing the comparison. 20k is kinda pricey, so I'm hesitant to go through with it.

Well, I finally had some good luck that made my previous weeks of suffering worth it. My prospects were looking grim outside of the Tempest Trials.

I could not get a perfect streak in Arena, so I got demoted to Tier 17. I also decided to summon on the Bridal Blessings banner last week after I had previously vowed to skip it. I blew probably 110-120 F2P Orbs on every single Blue and White Stone without a single 5*. I received -ATK/-SPD IVs on several of my previous focus summons, so I really wanted a big win.

Since I don't want to spend money on this game, I waited about four days and received the Orbs that I needed for one last summoning before the Bridal Blessings expiration.

I summon from the batch with a 4% pity counter, and I'm rewarded with this beauty.
IMG_0075.jpg

My rolls from the first 120ish Orbs were getting me multiple copies of Gaius, Serra, Felicia, and Wrys, but Neutral Klein, +SPD/-RES Rebecca, were the saving graces.

I think these last several weeks of pulling for Colorless definitely put me behind in terms of getting strong skills for inheritance, so I will no longer hunt for focus units, especially after this close call. I really need to start summoning Red and Green units again.

champloo

It's just that the buffs are entirely dependent on the other allies being close to him, so I opted to factor them out when doing the comparison. 20k is kinda pricey, so I'm hesitant to go through with it.

I don't think Leo can compete with Cecilia or Ursula as a blade tome user. He is a mage tank/burst damage dealer on my horse team with 36RES and Glacies, and I like that he plays very differently from my Cecilia.

Ninferno

So Katarina has Swift Sparrow 2 huh, interesting. And the new ploy skills too.

And Chris not being included is just weird, considered that Katarina got in.

I somehow pulled a second -Spd Cordelia

Damn, how many Orbs have you spent? On another note, I think it's time to expand my barracks.

I've been using the default 200 space, but it's not really enough at this point. How much storage do all of you have?

I've sent home a lot of units, but I should maybe try making some 4* monsters.

Damn, how many Orbs have you spent?

In some rare luck I don't think I spent more than 40 or 50 this banner. Managed to get 2 Cordelias (-Spd/+Def and -Spd/+Res) and Caeda (-Res/+HP)

While I could be salty at getting a second shitty Cordelia I can just view it as failing to get Lyn once again. That feels marginally less irritating.

I also think it's time to expand my barracks.

I've been using the default 200 space, but it's not really enough at this point. How much storage do all of you have?

I've sent home a lot of units, but I should maybe probably try making some 4* monsters.

I'm still on 200 and keep hitting the max as well. Try feeding units for skills to your main ensemble along with merging. For units without worthwhile skills just send them home.

Decided to do a few last Bride Banner pulls, ended up getting 5* Clair (+SPD/-DEF) and a second Bridal Lyn (+ATK/-RES) with 24 orbs. Clair might be able to make good use of that new Firesweep Lance, actually...

I decided to spend about 35 orbs on the Bride banner just because I'd been saving for so long and the next banner is kinda meh, and I ended up with a +SPD/-DEF Bride Cordelia, a +HP/-DEF Bride Caeda, and my third(!) 5* Maria.

I'm happy about Caeda, and I know that's a great nature for Cordelia, but I don't really care for the latter as a character. I wanted a new/better Saizo so I can finally start training him, but still nothing.

Still got 125+ orbs so the hoarding continues. (Might do one session on the next banner.)

Mupod

Hey, Eliwood got a weird eyeballs friend.

Did one pull for Reinhardt and oh shit I got a 5* blue cavalry...-atk Peri. There isn't even anyone worth putting a Killer Lance+ on, is there...? Might be the first time I send home a 5 star.

So Luke is IS's answer to bladetome and cavalry/flier teams huh?

seems like. Will be easy to use as a player, but shouldn't be too hard to work around with him on the AI side. Interesting that it's a C skill too.

kewlmyc

seems like. Will be easy to use as a player, but shouldn't be too hard to work around with him on the AI side. Interesting that it's a C skill too.

Depends on what they mean by cardinal directions. If it's cardinal directions in straight lines down the entire map, then yikes, but if it's just within one space of the unit, then that should be easy to deal with for bladetome users.

Bovine

Neo Member
This banner doesn't really interest me at all, I'm probably going to save up for either a Sacred Stones banner, Nephenee, or whatever the next holiday banner is. I'm tempted to pull for a non -Atk Bridal Cordelia, but I do have a +Atk Klein.

I need to stop playing due to insomnia at 3am.

So anyways, I maxed Ike on Hero Merit yesterday. With my only other decent red sword being Eirika, who is also maxed, I went in on Masked Marth. Promoted and merged, used up all my red and colorless crystals and she is almost 40, And has most skills. I don't see the advantage of vantage/desperation for Tempest trials, so I passed on that and went with a Healer hybrid, luna/ renewal/ardent sacrifice and spur attack to pair with blade Cecilia.

Got quickened pulse this morning. Ready to check it out, although I'm still farming to get Reinhardt the SP for luna.

Blew over 100 orbs on vantage banner looking for a second Reinhardt in the past two days. I'll probably try and hit max score now just go get the orbs, SP, and hero merit gains. I have no interest in the new banner, but I'll probably hold off in case a good secondary banner pops up again before spending more on vantage banner.

I decided to spend about 35 orbs on the Bride banner just because I'd been saving for so long and the next banner is kinda meh, and I ended up with a +SPD/-DEF Bride Cordelia, a +HP/-DEF Bride Caeda, and my third(!) 5* Maria.

I'm happy about Caeda, and I know that's a great nature for Cordelia, but I don't really care for the latter as a character. I wanted a new/better Saizo so I can finally start training him, but still nothing.

Still got 125+ orbs so the hoarding continues. (Might do one session on the next banner.)

You got that many 5* Heroes with 35 Orbs? What the hell?

I'm happy for you, but I wish I could one day get a 5* without having to spend so many Orbs.

Now some people are speculating we might yet get New Mystery of The Emblem in English based on the Paralogue title used in the English version. I'd be down with that.

You got that many 5* Heroes with 35 Orbs? What the hell?

I'm happy for you, but I wish I could one day get a 5* without having to spend so many Orbs.
You have good pulls and bad pulls, just the nature of gacha games. (And I've had some bad pulls in this and another game, believe me.) Honestly I was just bored of saving orbs for so long, and I'm trying to get a better Saizo, so if I pulled Lyn or Caeda, that would be cool too, and I ended up with the three I mentioned.

Spending this small amount of orbs helped scratch the itch, and now I'm cool with saving again. Man do I ever want Saizo with a good nature though. :/

OVDRobo

Not really all that interested in the new banner characters. Both because I've never had a chance to play New Mystery of the Emblem and because they're not all that interesting visually. I think Katarina's probably the most intriguing of the lot aesthetically and her story seems interesting based on the wiki. Given that I'm sitting on almost 90 orbs I might pull for her even though I'm set for red mages with Sanaki and Sophia.

I'm happy that IS is adding more ways to counter x emblem and generally buff-heavy teams assuming the panic ploy skill stretches across the entire map, though Reinhardt's still going to be an issue until power creep or very anti-cavalry abilities nullify him, especially with the quickened pulse seal.

Mupod

Got Quickened Pulse - works the way it says in the description, counts down one point of your special at the start of each map. Including for killer weapon users and every round of the Tempest Trial. So yeah, you could have someone like Eldigan or Michalis start off with a charged Moonbow.

I'm using it on gronnblade/draconic aura Cecilia for the trial, she gets off a few more instakills throughout as a result. Pretty nice.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm still slowly grinding for Quickened Pulse, but I'm honestly not sure what I'll even do with it once I get it.

Maybe it'll be good to give someone a killer weapon and a 5-charge special. A Galeforce or something here and there would work wonders.

I tend to like the optional special recruit characters that I went after in the main games (in this case, Shadow Dragon), so ve vill try for Athena. Another off-the-beaten-path female swordmaster like Karla.

Trials have made my teams stronger in the process. Was able to get the Lunatic Zephiel that I almost didn't bother with, so gonna build him up, maybe promote the 3*. Sanaki, Selena, Spring Lucina, Spring Chrom doing work.

Lastly, have kept trying the bride banner/blue but no further luck. A couple 4* Clairs but I have a hard-working 5* Catria as is.

Sushen

It feels so strange to play arena after many days of nonstop tempest mode. I still put conserving hp as a high priority and it just took some getting used to.

Akuun

It feels so strange to play arena after many days of nonstop tempest mode. I still put conserving hp as a high priority and it just took some getting used to.
I was halfway through a round before I remembered I could stall for time and let units come to me without worrying about my speed score.

Semajer

I grinded for 12 hours today on the tempest mode to earn some orbs for a final summon on the bride banner. I finally got one, Caeda.

Edit: Oh, she's -attack, just like all of my 5* blue mages. Why God? Why?

Spoit

I got up to 4% on the bride banner. The fodder in colorless orbs is completely terrible, the only useful one was a 4* klein. At this point, I'm considering just sending these healers home

Akuun

I've been combining healers into the ones I like to create a team of 2-3 healers who have access to every heal spell possible.

Wichu

Spent the last of my orbs on the bride banner before it goes away. Got a second Lyn (+Atk/-HP). RIP my Caeda/Cordelia dreams :(

Been attempting the Lunatic 5 stage one in Tempest. I can usually beat 3 stages, sometimes 4. I just have to hope I don't get the stage with the one tree in the middle.

Wichu

My team has two mages and a healer, all of which are fairly slow or squishy, so I hate seeing the four fliers stage. Once the enemies start converging on the centre, it's hard to position my units so none of them are in range of any fliers that could kill them, especially if I can't land one-shot kills on the higher Res ones. Doesn't help that my melee unit is a sword, and that map tends to spawn lots of blue units - at least she helps against wyverns.

The canyon stage is also annoying when it spawns a mage and a horse at the bottom and refuses to separate them.

On the other hand, I don't tend to have problems with the breakable walls stage - there's usually a ranged unit or two to bait, and the walls give me time to set up a formation to deal with the melee units.

Garou

Thanks to the new banner I ended up with 2 Reinhardts.
One is -ATK+SPD and the other -SPD+DEF. Which one should I keep? And should I merge them or does his weapon make sense on another character? (4-star Robin?)

backlot

Thanks to the new banner I ended up with 2 Reinhardts.
One is -ATK+SPD and the other -SPD+DEF. Which one should I keep? And should I merge them or does his weapon make sense on another character? (4-star Robin?)

You don't want the -ATK one. Dire Thunder can't be inherited so just merge unless you wanna give Goad Cavalry to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom