• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Banned
She's Lucina with no skills and a different picture. Lucina's still top tier even though she isn't the powerhouse she once was. Plus most Lucina builds don't use most of her base skills anyway. If you need a good red she's a good option.

Plus you get two of her "for free". Get a nice +1 Lucy with a lot of SP.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
A flier team without Bunnilla seems to be working out fine for me in Tempest, but I don't know how it would fare in Arena. I put Drag Back on Hinoka and Cherche, and the way they pull back after a kill makes them functionally similar to a ranged unit.

Is anyone else at a point where they're not sure what they want to do with their feathers? I'm pretty happy with my roster now, and have at least a decent unit for each role. Well, everything except for a good archer, but I don't think I strictly need one as long as I have the weapon triangle represented.

What are you doing with your feathers now? Saving them? Trying to +1 existing units? Or trying to upgrade some weird non-meta unit for fun?

I was at 49k, just used a couple thou each to boost a Lon'qu and a Hinata to 4 in preparation for SI to others. Debating what to do with the rest, whether to gift a favorite but not great unit to 5 or a gameplay winner to 5. Effie is both so maybe her. May just hold onto 40k and boost some more 3s.

lt519

I finished my arena run with 4800 - I started off using Sharena as my bonus, but halfway through switched to 4*+4 Olivia for an easier time. Normally this would be a pretty bad score for me, but T18-T19 this week seems to be much much easier than last time. Looks like I'm ranked around 1500 but there's something like 20,000 in this rank and I only need to be top 40%.

Yeah for now I've been running 5* Olivia/Rein/Xander/Camus in arena and it's just destroying anything I run into (without cherry picking hit 4796, I'm cherry picking now and should hit 4806, plenty to hit T19, which was my plan by tanking out of T19 last week on purpose). I'm not even sweating like I used to sometimes with my Nino/Robin/Olivia teams. Olivia as a bonus character again is really really nice. I'm excited for Camus to be the bonus so I can run full Rein/Xander/Camus/Titania but I've got my concerns about not having a dancer. I've become so reliant on them.

Mupod

Yeah for now I've been running 5* Olivia/Rein/Xander/Camus in arena and it's just destroying anything I run into (without cherry picking hit 4796, I'm cherry picking now and should hit 4806, plenty to hit T19, which was my plan by tanking out of T19 last week on purpose). I'm not even sweating like I used to sometimes with my Nino/Robin/Olivia teams. Olivia as a bonus character again is really really nice. I'm excited for Camus to be the bonus so I can run full Rein/Xander/Camus/Titania but I've got my concerns about not having a dancer. I've become so reliant on them.

I use something similar - Eldigan/Blade+ Cecilia/Camus/4*+4 Olivia as my tempest team and it works great. Considering how Cecilia manhandles the super buffed units in there I'd imagine she would work in arena just fine. I've got one more Olivia for the ball but I wish I had a Ruby Sword+ for her too.

I've been pulling for a Reinhardt but still nothing, today's failures were Florina and FCorrin. Banner's up for a long time still and I might find it in me to grind to 99999. We've got the Fury banner coming up too, both Hinata and a potentially better IV (or at least not -atk) Eldigan could be useful for this team if I never run a fourth horseman.

Alucrid

Banned
the celicas you fight in tempest can be fucking ridiculous. i think i had one one round my shareena and then not be able to be killed by kagero due to the +6 def/res.

lt519

I use something similar - Eldigan/Blade+ Cecilia/Camus/4*+4 Olivia as my tempest team and it works great. Considering how Cecilia manhandles the super buffed units in there I'd imagine she would work in arena just fine. I've got one more Olivia for the ball but I wish I had a Ruby Sword+ for her too.

I've been pulling for a Reinhardt but still nothing, today's failures were Florina and FCorrin. Banner's up for a long time still and I might find it in me to grind to 99999. We've got the Fury banner coming up too, both Hinata and a potentially better IV (or at least not -atk) Eldigan could be useful for this team if I never run a fourth horseman.

Didn't know there was a Fury banner coming up. Been dying to get my Olivia either a Ruby Sword+ or TA3. I just always forget to let her get kills for SP. I've got 80 orbs, I'm tempted to pull on the Tempest banner for Tharja but I think I'll just wait.

the celicas you fight in tempest can be fucking ridiculous. i think i had one one round my shareena and then not be able to be killed by kagero due to the +6 def/res.

They'll revenge kill my TA3 Robin if I attack first, it's absolutely insane.

Pejo

Well, finally hit the highest score I've ever gotten on an Arena run with a team of Lobster, Azura, Reinhardt, and Bride Lyn. Capped out somewhere in the 4400~ range. It's by no means top tier, but a personal best. Going to grind out a bunch of tempest runs tonight and see if I can get to 6000 for "Marth". I'm getting about 160 points per run which is painful, but doable with all the stamina potions I have.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, finally hit the highest score I've ever gotten on an Arena run with a team of Lobster, Azura, Reinhardt, and Bride Lyn. Capped out somewhere in the 4400~ range. It's by no means top tier, but a personal best. Going to grind out a bunch of tempest runs tonight and see if I can get to 6000 for "Marth". I'm getting about 160 points per run which is painful, but doable with all the stamina potions I have.

Are you not able to do the Lunatic maps at all, or have any of the bonus characters?

Pejo

Are you not able to do the Lunatic maps at all, or have any of the bonus characters?

It just takes too long. I run Tharja/Azura/Hector/Lachesis on the "hard" 3 rounder and get 140-160 points in about 5 minutes. I tried lunatic, but it takes so long, and I have to go through all 3 teams, and it's about 50/50 on if i can even beat it. depending on which horse units end up on the last map. That's why I gave up on owning any of the good rewards like the seals, and I'm just trying for Marth for collector's sake.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Some of the units they come up with are just fucking stupid. I've run into a Matthew who has like 46 defense after Rogue Dagger kicks in, plus the "if your hp is higher than the other guy, get more defense) A skill, plus like 40 speed.

Good luck cutting through that quickly on the stupid middle breakable wall map!

StAidan

My Tempest "I've made a huge mistake" moment came when I brought flier emblem into a map where I faced three archers (Klein, Gordin, Takumi) and Merric (Excalibur being effective against fliers). Yeah, I got completely destroyed :|

Sterok

Got Quickened Pulse. Don't know what use I'll have for it, but good to have. Maybe Olwen, but I like going with the quad and Luna with her. Lightning Breath Young Tiki can have it for now.

lt519

Decided to spend my 80 orbs on the Tempest and Vantage banners (really wanted a 5* Tharja). Fury banner didn't sound too enticing.

5* Lucina -ATK/+HP
5* Reinhardt -HP/+RES
5...4* Robin, gdi

40+1 Reinhardt here we come. Might just go all out and spend 20k feathers on getting him to 40+2 since I have a 4* as well.

Ah or do I give Goad Cavalry to someone... Decisions decisions.

The Legion GHB map looks very easy, so I'm wondering if there is maybe something I'm completely failing to consider. Or maybe that's just my units getting better while they maintain a similar difficulty, which results in a relative slide. Anyways, nice to get a new character, hopefully I can wipe it out with only one run on stamina.

Tempest is definitely starting to clear out in the mid-late 60s. I've been going slightly slower than usual and moving up the ranks more quickly. I wonder if I might have a shot at getting into the top 1000 for the extra 2000 feathers. I'm around 2500 now.

Sushen

Since I got the seal, I'm using auto battle to see how far my team can go. Usually I can beat 7 matches among 2-3 teams. On auto battle, it can only beat up to 5 matches with full 4 teams. AI is pretty stupid as I expected.

WhyMe6

Almost got a PB 4.7k score on Arena, but the Advanced team had a Rein and was the first Tier 19 I saw, so I promptly backed off and "settled" on 4.5k-ish (still my PB). I'm in a safe tier that never sees horse emblem, and I like it that way. Rein wrecks me if Kagero can't kill him first. Robin, Olivia, Kagero and Celica are so damn good.

Since I got the seal, I'm using auto battle to see how far my team can go. Usually I can beat 7 matches among 2-3 teams. On auto battle, it can only beat up to 5 matches with full 4 teams. AI is pretty stupid as I expected.

That's a great idea once I get the seal, especially for grinding SP and HM on some of my 40s.

Sushen

I just realize there are two Legions in GHB map. He was pretty hard to kill in the story mode and it'll be even worse with two of them.

Haha, they missed the opportunity on that hook, 3 orbs is like 1 1/2 hours. I'd rather just buy them after that much grinding. If they made it like an orb per 2500 points I'd probably have gotten suckered in.

one orb per 2500 points is four orbs per 10000, it is currently three orbs per 10000

MANUELF

Banned
What Seliph is better, a +DEF -SPD or a +ATK -RES?

Also Just got masked Marth and I will leave it at that, Tempest is too stressful

OVDRobo

Hmm.. New GHB is interesting but different to what I'm used to, as is Infernal Difficulty. Legion's not a unit I'll use so even if I can't beat all difficulties I won't feel bad.

Managed to cash in on my 4.25% increased banner rate with... Karel. I don't even know. They really need to increase the chances of getting a banner unit over non-banner units. At least I have a Wo Dao+ for a future unit if I really need one and at least it's not a third Lilina.

Sölf

Beat Lunatic after using 2 or 3 Stamina Pots. I tried Infernal once and couldn't counter kill a single enemy, so I won't even try that for now.

Jesus, this GHB was definitly harder than the last few ones.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Got obliterated on Lunatic GHB on my first attempt.

Made a couple pulls and got a -SPD/+HP Luke, for my first 0 Spd character. Then a +ATK/-SPD Mae, RIP.

Infernal is complete bullshit. But I still almost beat it. I had one unit out of position, so I'm going to try and flip it around and see if I can pull it off. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what i did, so I'll probably make a different mistake this time. Unfortunately burned all my stamina and stamina pots trying, so about 250 stamina in all, including beating the other two difficulties. So much for maxing out Tempest.

macklelol

Infernal GHB was pretty tough, but melee fliers + Bride Cordelia prevailed in the end. It did take a lot of attempts and swapping some skills for my Palla, but it's done.

Managed to beat Lunatic after about 2 stamina potions and multiple team composition experiments. Used Roy/Xander/Hector/S.Lucina for the succesful one.

I am so not even touching Infernal until tomorrow after I've slept =_=

spiritfox

So there's a bug in the GHB where the 2 tiles above the northmost breakable walls are considered defensive terrain. They're not fixing it for this GHB but they'll be giving orbs as compensation for that.

Draxal

So there's a bug in the GHB where the 2 tiles above the northmost breakable walls are considered defensive terrain. They're not fixing it for this GHB but they'll be giving orbs as compensation for that.

The image is here.

DCbj56zUAAAr0pr.jpg

_Legacy_

Sölf;240946299 said:
Beat Lunatic after using 2 or 3 Stamina Pots. I tried Infernal once and couldn't counter kill a single enemy, so I won't even try that for now.

Jesus, this GHB was definitly harder than the last few ones.

Pretty much due to everyone complaining how easy previous GHB events were, I think this is a good move. Good amount of end-game content coming through now, hopefully they keep it up.

Finally beat inferno. I have a patience problem, and burned an orb for the stamina refill. All told I think I burned right at 4 stamina bars. Beat with Ike, Ninian, Nino, and Eirika.

I got lucky on my positioning and was left with just 2 Legions left. Kites for a few rounds until I could kill both without being vulnerable.

FYI, if you take too long additional enemies spawn. Fortunately it was a blue made from the top, so Nino killed Legion and the mage same turn.

I may have been willing to burn orbs because I had a 3.5% pull rate for Reinhardt, 4 blues, and got nothing but trash.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I beat Lunatic with Ike, Hector, Ninian, and Reinhardt. Reinhardt being the hyper-carry, murdering and baiting left and right. It was more like a puzzle than an actual battle, if that makes sense, since any wrong move led to a death.

Inferno seems out of reach without a green/red mage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom