• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hone Attack banner... Lame. Nino is great though, if you don't have her. Maybe when a Death Blow banner featuring Effie and Klein hits I can finally use some orbs.

Nino's great for her Gronnblade. I have a few extras of her at 3*, so I might pull for a 5*. Saves me feathers.

Death Blow banner would be awesome. Can't have enough Death Blows.

ggx2ac

Spd Up Sanaki or Atk Up Sanaki?

Both have HP down and I'm just looking at Gamepress which suggests Atk Up.

Edit: Ended up picking Atk Up.

I'm up to 115 Orbs, and I've only earned 4 from Chain Challenge so far. I'm scouting all banners, and this Hone Atk Focus is completely skippable for me.

The next summoning session should be fun, since I will have over 200 Orbs by then. I'm advancing to tier 19 for the first time ever, so I'm really excited!

champloo

Need a reason to pull so that I can continue merging my Olivia or A-Tiki. currently at +5 for both.

Also debating if I should give my +spd Olivia Wo Dao+..I have 2 Karels sitting around, but really don't want to make a wrong decision since Wo Dao+ don't come very often..

ggx2ac

I'm pretty happy today.

DEXInw4UMAAnSLC.jpg

Before today's banner, I had a level 40+1 Spd Up/HP Down Sanaki just from random 5* appearances.

I spent somewhere between 70-80 orbs and managed to win three 5* Sanaki units.

So now, I have a level X+4 Sanaki that is Attack Up/HP Down.

When I get my feathers from Arena tomorrow, I will get 5* Henry so then I can give Sanaki Rauorraven+ so that I'll have a unit that I can use against Green mages and Colourless units in arena.

Edit: She has Glimmer because I needed something when I used her for the first event of Tempest Trials.

_Legacy_

I'm pretty happy today.

Before today's banner, I had a level 40+1 Spd Up/HP Down Sanaki just from random 5* appearances.

I spent somewhere between 70-80 orbs and managed to win three 5* Sanaki units.

So now, I have a level X+4 Sanaki that is Attack Up/HP Down.

When I get my feathers from Arena tomorrow, I will get 5* Henry so then I can give Sanaki Rauorraven+ so that I'll have a unit that I can use against Green mages and Colourless units in arena.

Edit: She has Glimmer because I needed something when I used her for the first event of Tempest Trials.

I did want a Sanaki but I've got Katarina who, in my opinion is better. Sanaki does more single damage but Katarina can double mages and mine is +RES and currently sitting at 36. I did give her Rauorraven+ too though, it's such a good weapon for reds mages. I've currently got swift sparrow 2 but also have TA to experiment with as well.

Sushen

IS is going all out with bait banners and the temptation is running higher than ever. Me crying with only 20 orbs in hand.

ggx2ac

I did want a Sanaki but I've got Katarina who, in my opinion is better. Sanaki does more single damage but Katarina can double mages and mine is +RES and currently sitting at 36. I did give her Rauorraven+ too though, it's such a good weapon for reds mages. I've currently got swift sparrow 2 but also have TA to experiment with as well.

I'm just going with what I can get.

I wanted Celica and wasted 200 orbs which I ended up not getting her because it gave me 5* Male Corrin and 5* Roy.

So instead I tried for Tharja from the Tempest Trial banner but didn't get her.

So Sanaki is the next best thing because I needed something to change up my Arena team since it was no longer doing well with trying to get higher scores.

_Legacy_

I'm just going with what I can get.

I wanted Celica and wasted 200 orbs which I ended up not getting her because it gave me 5* Male Corrin and 5* Roy.

So instead I tried for Tharja from the Tempest Trial banner but didn't get her.

So Sanaki is the next best thing because I needed something to change up my Arena team since it was no longer doing well with trying to get higher scores.

Yeah of course, I could have sworn you had a Katarina but must have been someone else. I wasted far too many orbs to get Celica, I barely ever use her now. Not making that mistake again (that's what pushed me to go free), I think I spent more orbs trying to get her than Ike, which is nuts.

ggx2ac

Yeah of course, I could have sworn you had a Katarina but must have been someone else. I wasted far too many orbs to get Celica, I barely ever use her now. Not making that mistake again (that's what pushed me to go free), I think I spent more orbs trying to get her than Ike, which is nuts.

I wanted Katarina using free orbs and ended up getting Athena instead by chance.

redcrayon

5* Tharja get! HP down, Attack up. Grand stuff.

I spent 40 orbs looking for Eldigan and then she pops up. Funny how I never seem to get exactly what I'm looking for. Another three 3* Eliwoods though, I must have sent a dozen of him home by now.

Sushen

Dancer and singer team with Bridelia took care of infernal bound hero battle. I missed Celica which seems to be the running theme atm. Instead, I'll borrow the idea of the above idea to repurpose Sanaki to handle both green and colorless.

c-murph

So, I decide to ditch Genny for now and work on Clarine as my healer.

She's only 3* at the moment but I have a 5*, 4* and another 3* Def + / Atk - that I'm thinking on using. Probably going to spend my next 44K feathers on leveling them all to 5* and combining them to the Def+ / Atk -.

I inherited these skills on her:

W: Gravity
Ass: Rehabilitate
Sp: Kindled-Fire Balm / Swift-Winds Balm
A: HP+5
B: Wings of Mercy 3 / Live to Serve 3
C: Spur Attack

Wanted Fortify Cavalry from Jagen yesterday but it didn't happen. Ran out of orbs and was too lazy to grind for more.

They're not all learned yet but I have this weekend off to grind during the double sp event. Gunna aim on learning mostly everything I can on Ryoma, Ike, Takumi, Linde too. So, hopefully in a month or two, I'll have a 5* 40+3 healer that I can use.

I'm basically leveling to max lv.40 before upgrading to 4* to try and get the max Sp.

Ninferno

She's only 3* at the moment but I have a 5*, 4* and another 3* Def + / Atk - that I'm thinking on using. Probably going to spend my next 44K feathers on leveling them all to 5* and combining them to the Def+ / Atk -.

Wanted Fortify Cavalry from Jagen yesterday but it didn't happen. Ran out of orbs and was too lazy to grind for more.

They're not all learned yet but I have this weekend off to grind during the double sp event. Gunna aim on learning mostly everything I can on Ryoma, Ike, Takumi, Linde too. So, hopefully in a month or two, I'll have a 5* 40+3 healer that I can use.

I'm basically leveling to max lv.40 before upgrading to 4* to try and get the max Sp.

44000K feathers is an insanely steep price to pay for a healer. Is there any particular reason why you want a 5* + 3 healer? Unless you are some major whale (or obsessed with certain character, which you don't seem like one), you are better off spending those feathers in merging your arena cores instead. Merging matters the most in arena and the PvE contents generally doesn't require that, at least for now. A 5* healer without merge should be more than enough for any of your PvE needs.

Anyway, Clarine is a good choice for healer, especially if you want Horse Emblem as an option which you seem so because you were looking for Jagen. One thing though, is that compared to Fortify, Hone might be more suitable for cavalry healers because they themselves are the ones who don't need to get honed, imho.

Mupod

my playtime has dropped off a cliff since FGO lol. Haven't dropped the game yet though. I'm 10k points into the tempest trial, I only play when the mood strikes me but I can clear it very very fast.

Gonna promote Xander tonight, having him and Peri on my horse emblem team should make the grind less painful as I'll be gaining SP/HM again. Cecilia has almost every usable skill I could think of and still has 4000 extra SP for example.

nice thing about Xander is TA2, QR2 and Bonfire are things I have infinite resources for. I'll have to give up my 40 Gunter just as I did Jagen, but that's fine. Peri has Glacies and Speed+3 from the 4* Fir I found on the Fury banner so she should be able to contribute on top of just buffs and Draw Back. I think mine is -atk +res, all her damage will be Glacies but it'll hit like a truck. Well...after I get a few hundred more SP and can actually learn it.

Dear IntSys,

This is my 2nd 5* Roy. I have received 0 4* Roys. Please send more 4* Roys so I don't feel bad sacking him for TA3.

They're not all learned yet but I have this weekend off to grind during the double sp event. So, hopefully in a month or two, I'll have a 5* 40+3 healer that I can use.

If this is for a general comp, I'd say it's fine. If you ever roll Pony Emblem though, I'd ask you to consider giving her Wrathful Staff and not use -Atk.

I personally run 1 Hone (Elise) + 3 Goad (Cecilia, Xander, Camus). While +12 Atk/Spd is great (+14 for the Goad users), there's a few things I can't really trust her to kill, namely Distant Counter users. -HP kinda hurts her here. >.> Could give her HP+5 and HP+3 and she'd still croak to a +Atk Hector.

Clarine's different. At neutral, she's already got more than enough HP+Def to survive one hit. The problem for her is killing him before the second one. Atk+3, Atk+1, and Hone Cavalry will let her pull it off with Assault. Replace Hone Cavalry with 3 Goad and she'll pull it off with Absorb, giving her back the self-recovery lost from dropping Live to Serve.

Bovine

Neo Member
Put in 40 orbs, got a 5* Y!Tiki (but -Atk boooo) and another Nino which is what I wanted for a Cecilia. Back to saving.

c-murph

44000K feathers is an insanely steep price to pay for a healer. Is there any particular reason why you want a 5* + 3 healer? Unless you are some major whale (or obsessed with certain character, which you don't seem like one), you are better off spending those feathers in merging your arena cores instead. Merging matters the most in arena and the PvE contents generally doesn't require that, at least for now. A 5* healer without merge should be more than enough for any of your PvE needs.

Anyway, Clarine is a good choice for healer, especially if you want Horse Emblem as an option which you seem so because you were looking for Jagen. One thing though, is that compared to Fortify, Hone might be more suitable for cavalry healers because they themselves are the ones who don't need to get honed, imho.

lmao I think it has to do with me not really understanding the mechanic of the game. Most of my understanding comes from pre-existing builds online and what movesets people say are good. The whole ordeal with getting Clairine to 5* comes from wanted to give her the +Def and - Atk on my second three star. It just feels like a waste to me if I merge anyone before 5 stars. I guess thats just some sort of OCD. lol I kinda though a Healer would be essential to some battles. If I get Camus I'd be throwing Goad Calvary on her.

If this is for a general comp, I'd say it's fine. If you ever roll Pony Emblem though, I'd ask you to consider giving her Wrathful Staff and not use -Atk.

I personally run 1 Hone (Elise) + 3 Goad (Cecilia, Xander, Camus). While +12 Atk/Spd is great (+14 for the Goad users), there's a few things I can't really trust her to kill, namely Distant Counter users. -HP kinda hurts her here. >.> Could give her HP+5 and HP+3 and she'd still croak to a +Atk Hector.

Clarine's different. At neutral, she's already got more than enough HP+Def to survive one hit. The problem for her is killing him before the second one. Atk+3, Atk+1, and Hone Cavalry will let her pull it off with Assault. Replace Hone Cavalry with 3 Goad and she'll pull it off with Absorb, giving her back the self-recovery lost from dropping Live to Serve.

I went with Clarine because I had four of her available and she's Calvary with good movement though standard terrains. I sacrificed my Wyn for Wings 3 to get over her disability of the terrain. Also to keep my 40+4 Fury 3 Tharja alive a little longer. lol

I wanted to start a calvary team too.Was looking at putting Goad on her. But I'm not sure exactly how to build the team yet. Need to research more.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I just pulled a +atk 4* Fae. I guess I'll wait until I have 40k feathers and feel like making a dragon hector.

Hmm, it's a +atk -res Fae. Not sure if that's better than a -hp +def Fae, since she's supposed to be a tank.

Mupod

I have not needed a healer even once, for anything. Not for Tempest Trial and not for any infernal GHB. I never even bothered making a breath of life/aura setup for the survival maps but maybe it'd be nice for the chain challenges...? I'm in no rush to do those though.

I'd really like to get on with merging to make my horse emblem scores a little better. Camus would be much stronger with +1 speed too. But I don't want to spend more time than necessary on arena anymore, I only need to worry about clearing hard time-limited content like infernal GHBs. And a +1 merge won't help much there, whereas a Xander sure as hell will.

Nothing wrong with my Eldigan of course. He's way less of a liability overall. Just that distant counter on a unit that can give/receive cavalry buffs would be nice. I did briefly consider giving Eldigan the Distant Counter from my spare Hector but that would be silly. I'm saving that for a Sacred Stones unit I like such as Ross or Seth anyways.

Shito

I have not needed a healer even once, for anything. Not for Tempest Trial and not for any infernal GHB. I never even bothered making a breath of life/aura setup for the survival maps but maybe it'd be nice for the chain challenges...? I'm in no rush to do those though.

I'd really like to get on with merging to make my horse emblem scores a little better.
Well, no shit! ^^
As someone with still a pretty limited box, a good healer is a must-have for TT...

Alucrid

Banned
tried to pull for a nino and got jack. well i got a 4 star roderick, so i guess that's good if i ever decide to buff up my +atk cordelia

Mupod

Well, no shit! ^^
As someone with still a pretty limited box, a good healer is a must-have for TT...

hey my cavalry team is a recent development. I actually made them in the middle of the first TT and just ran a blade tome/desperation squad at first. As of tonight mine will be entirely made of freebie units too, can be made by anybody with a shitload of feathers and a 3* Odin/Nino.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
hey my cavalry team is a recent development. I actually made them in the middle of the first TT and just ran a blade tome/desperation squad at first. As of tonight mine will be entirely made of freebie units too, can be made by anybody with a shitload of feathers and a 3* Odin/Nino.

I've been saying that anyone can make an awesome horse emblem team with the free units they've given us.

Five orbs, might as well try again for Summer Robin. No blue...smh. Don't want the other summer units (already got my Tiki), so choose a red.

5* Ryoma +Atk -Hp. Gonna have to use that even though he may not be a favorite character-wise.

tried to pull for a nino and got jack. well i got a 4 star roderick, so i guess that's good if i ever decide to buff up my +atk cordelia

I got a 5* Roderick and have been pretty impressed with his defensive abilities, the Firesweep lance, and I gave him some speed boosters. He just vacuums up reds on attack.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That's the eternal struggle lol. I hate Nowi as a character, but she's so damn strong in this game that there's a noticeable gap in my team without her.

A team full of units that I like would most likely suck in a fight.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's the eternal struggle lol. I hate Nowi as a character, but she's so damn strong in this game that there's a noticeable gap in my team without her.

A team full of units that I like would most likely suck in a fight.

She's been my MVP since forever. She just erases so many enemy types of units. I don't care for her much as a character.

Going to try to build a Horse Emblem team. Any tips?

Clarine -Atk +Spd
Weapon: Fear/Slow (Wrys)
Support: Rehabilitate (Lissa)
Special: Heavenly Light (Wrys)
A: HP+ (Lucius)
B: Live to Serve/Renewal (Wrys/Lissa)
C: Fortify Cavalry (Jagen)

Cecilia -Def +Atk
Weapon: Gronnraven
Support: Reposition (Barst)
Special: Draconic Aura (CorrinF)
A: Triangle Adept (Roy)
B: Escape Route
C: Hone Atk/Hone Cavalry (CorrinF/Gunter)

Reinhardt -HP +Res (my only one)
Weapon: Dire Thunder
Support: Reposition (Barst)
Special: Moonbow (Palla)
A: Death Blow (Ursula)
B: Wings of Mercy (Palla)
C: Goad Cavalry

Eldigan -HP +Atk
Weapon: Mystletainn
Support: Swap (Subaki)
Special: Ignis/Bonfire (Henry/RobinM)
A: Fury
B: Quick Riposte (Subaki)
C: Hone Cavalry (Gunter)

Inheritance fodder:
Gunter x2
Barst x2
Palla
Ursula (or my only Klein)
Subaki
Henry/RobinM
CorrinF
Roy
Jagen
Wrys
Lissa
Lucius

Is double Hone Cavalry excessive? Am I going to miss Roy/Klein?

Mupod

Going to try to build a Horse Emblem team. Any tips?

Is double Hone Cavalry excessive? Am I going to miss Roy/Klein?

that's a great Cecilia, better than my +atk -res even. Res is very valuable on her as she counters Reinhardt. Give her a Gronnblade+ and blow shit up. She is hands down my deadliest unit and overpowers everything except the most extreme stat bloated Infernal GHB enemies.

Eldigan is highly effective, I work around my lack of distant counter red by giving Cecilia G Tomebreaker 3. I use Bonfire on mine since he's -atk, maybe Luna wins out on a +atk one. Could do fun stuff with moonbow+quickened pulse to start off with a charged special.

That Reinhardt isn't optimal but he'll do great. You'd have to give up that Klein but it's a small price to pay I think.

Ursula is a much bigger investment than Reinhardt if you want her to have a Blarblade+, but she works ok with a normal one.

Camus is there for you if you want a solid fourth.

I don't usually use Goad/Ward cavalry as I like having both blade tomes buffed, and if I lose someone I have a backup. I run Hone on Eldigan and Cecilia, and Fortify on Ursula and Camus. This way if I arrange Camus/Cecilia next to one another and the two blues adjacent in a square, everyone gets both buffs. Only downside is Panic Ploy is extremely fucking annoying.

I put Draw Back on everyone but Eldigan, who runs Swap. This generally works out perfectly. I've tried Reposition and other stuff but this works best IMO.

Once in a while I need to switch Camus over to Goad Cavalry for a GHB or something to get Cecilia over a speed threshold, but I've never felt like I've really needed it. Goad Cavalry is much better for Reinhardt than it is for a blade tome though.

MildSoss

What do you guys run as skills on your gronblade Cecilia? I finally have enough to promote a Nino to 5 stars for her tome and she'd probably be the last piece among my Reinhardt, Xander and Elise.

Roman

What do you guys run as skills on your gronblade Cecilia? I finally have enough to promote a Nino to 5 stars for her tome and she'd probably be the last piece among my Reinhardt, Xander and Elise.

You could just give her Draw Back from Nino as well, and add Moonbow, and G Tomebreaker.

Looks like I'll be finally reaching Tier 20.

What's the deal with G tome breaker on Cecilia? I see that listed on wiki's as what to give her and you guys are saying to as well. Aren't there better B skills that will be more widely used than just a specific green mage. Nino, Julia, other Cecilias. Who else is it trying to protect you from?

Roman

What's the deal with G tome breaker on Cecilia? I see that listed on wiki's as what to give her and you guys are saying to as well. Aren't there better B skills that will be more widely used than just a specific green mage. Nino, Julia, other Cecilias. Who else is it trying to protect you from?

Those and Spring Camilla. In higher arena tiers they almost all carry this so if you don't, you turn a possibly advantageous 1v1 into an automatic loss.

I guess you could also run Wings of Mercy but no other Breaker is as useful on Cecilia.

HoodWinked

its typical to put breakers for the same color as the unit, since you cant put red breakers as a green, so you're limited to green or blue. since advantage will kill blue anyways, left with green which are close match ups.

Spoit

Went ahead and cleared out the A&C and yilsean summer challenges for another 5 rolls.

Am not up to 4% chances on the genny banner without even decent SI fodder to show for it

Sushen

I should've given up on summer robin as I watched 20 orbs flushed down again since the beginning of July. Oh well, it's been a looooong time since I pulled a 5*. I feel sad...

Mathematics

Neo Member
60 some orbs later I got Sanaki. +Hp -Res which doesn't sound so good if she needs to be taking on mages. Got some swap and reposition fodder in the process so I can see what tips I can take from the horse emblem discussion few posts back

Ninferno

I've got trouble. I gave in to the temptation of pulling because I haven't pulled for like months and I do need to broaden my spectrum of units sooner rather than later. I ended up blowing about half of my hard-earned orbs on the Hone Attack banner because I do lack Nino on this former alt account of mine. Among the resulted mountainous pile of trash, I did get two seemingly good 5*s: +SPD -RES Nino, and +SPD -DEF Olwen.

I ran a Nino on my former (now dropped) main account so I know what she can do. Olwen on the other hand comes a bit too late after I have built up my not-for-arena Reinhardt + 1/Xander/Cecilia horse emblem core, with Abel and Clarine alternating for the 4th slot. And she's the 3rd blue brave cav I have which feels a bit redundant, but maybe I can run 2 horse teams in the future Assault Squad missions.

Now, I need to decide on what to do with them in terms of SI. I have 5 Shannas so both of them will receive Desperation for sure. Fury would have been great for Nino but I don't have any Hinatas left. I do have 2 5* Hanas (who ruined my previous pursuit of Reinhardt and Nowi in the Battling Zephiel banner when no blue stones show up. Not once but twice!) though, so L&D is an option for me. I have 8 more Hanas of lower rarity so I'm not afraid of sacrificing both of these 5* Hanas; the question is however, are these two new comers worthy of such sacrifices?

Quadwen has the potential to match or even surpass my +ATK DB3 Reinhardt +1 in terms of destructive power, especially with horse buffs. And with her speed, she can fare a bit better than Reinhardt in enemy phase. I will probably give her L&D after all. For Nino, I'm not too sure if L&D is worth it; I might choose to wait until I get my next Hinata.

What do you guys think? The bottom line is, I'm very excited about these two new additions to my roster, but I don't necessarily need them for arena. My goal is to produce more PvE capable units without breaking the bank.

spiritfox

+Spd -res is perhaps the best spread for Nino, but makes her vulnerable to Reinhardt so you need to either have a other unit to handle him or somehow get the drop on him. L&D is not as good as Fury on her as it kills her ability to tank magic attacks but it's fine otherwise. Give her Ardent Sacrifice and she'll be in Desperation range after one use.

MANUELF

Banned
I've got trouble. I gave in to the temptation of pulling because I haven't pulled for like months and I do need to broaden my spectrum of units sooner rather than later. I ended up blowing about half of my hard-earned orbs on the Hone Attack banner because I do lack Nino on this former alt account of mine. Among the resulted mountainous pile of trash, I did get two seemingly good 5*s: +SPD -RES Nino, and +SPD -DEF Olwen.

I ran a Nino on my former (now dropped) main account so I know what she can do. Olwen on the other hand comes a bit too late after I have built up my not-for-arena Reinhardt + 1/Xander/Cecilia horse emblem core, with Abel and Clarine alternating for the 4th slot. And she's the 3rd blue brave cav I have which feels a bit redundant, but maybe I can run 2 horse teams in the future Assault Squad missions.

Now, I need to decide on what to do with them in terms of SI. I have 5 Shannas so both of them will receive Desperation for sure. Fury would have been great for Nino but I don't have any Hinatas left. I do have 2 5* Hanas (who ruined my previous pursuit of Reinhardt and Nowi in the Battling Zephiel banner when no blue stones show up. Not once but twice!) though, so L&D is an option for me. I have 8 more Hanas of lower rarity so I'm not afraid of sacrificing both of these 5* Hanas; the question is however, are these two new comers worthy of such sacrifices?

Quadwen has the potential to match or even surpass my +ATK DB3 Reinhardt +1 in terms of destructive power, especially with horse buffs. And with her speed, she can fare a bit better than Reinhardt in enemy phase. I will probably give her L&D after all. For Nino, I'm not too sure if L&D is worth it; I might choose to wait until I get my next Hinata.

What do you guys think? The bottom line is, I'm very excited about these two new additions to my roster, but I don't necessarily need them for arena. My goal is to produce more PvE capable units without breaking the bank.

You can be evil and use both Olwen and Reinhardt in the same team and get defense wins like crazy with partners Xander and Cecilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom