• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

Today's questionable decision has been made:

8SCV3t4.jpg

+DEF/-HP which isn't the ideal IV but I don't care that much. She's practically invulnerable against green melee units and good against archers, dagger users and red swords even if almost everything doubles her without fail.

Still a work-in-progress since I'm lacking skill fodder at the moment. I'm considering a grabbing a raven tome from Henry to solidify her as a slower, red Robin. Not too sure about her C skill so I've just left it as-is for now.

Are either Roderick or Firesweep Lances useful for anything? Somehow I pulled two in quick succession and I want to be careful before using him for inheritence since he also has Defense Drive.

macklelol

Today's questionable decision has been made:

+DEF/-HP which isn't the ideal IV but I don't care that much. She's practically invulnerable against green melee units and good against archers, dagger users and red swords even if almost everything doubles her without fail.

Still a work-in-progress since I'm lacking skill fodder at the moment. I'm considering a grabbing a raven tome from Henry to solidify her as a slower, red Robin. Not too sure about her C skill so I've just left it as-is for now.

Are either Roderick or Firesweep Lances useful for anything? Somehow I pulled two in quick succession and I want to be careful before using him for inheritence since he also has Defense Drive.

Firesweep Lance is really, really good for a bunch of blue fliers. Rally Def/Res is also a great skill to inherit.

ggx2ac

Just got 5* Tobin. 10k points to go.

Edit: I just realised I haven't even done those chain challenges in story mode to get orbs but I'm busy getting orbs from Tempest Trials.

Oh wow.

Trunx28

Back to 20k feathers again and here we are, planing our next moves ..

Current candidates for a raise are:
Frederick - he's in my Horse Emblem, with a normal BraveAxe. Strong against everything except magic.

Camilla (not Cordelia) - I could build a flyer emblem but I got no 5* flyers .. considering to give her BraveAxe+ to Frederick then, but he would remain a 4* ...

Male Robin - my only strong blue mage is Reinhardt so this little fellow is also in consideration

Tharja - I have a great 5* Sanaki. Is Tharja the better red mage?

Eirika - heard only good things about her, but I would have to make a new team for her

Effie - actually I don't like armored units but you never know when her time to shine comes, eh?

Kagero - same as Eirika

My current tendency goes to Frederick .. even with a normal BraveAxe he's pretty great. Especially with Xander, Camus and Reinhardt ...

OVDRobo

https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp/status/884669412015460353

Berkut GHB

He looks a little bit too young to me..

Okay. Now this is something I'm excited for. Berkut was a really good Villain in SoV. I'm sure he'll be a red sword or red cavalry but it's fine. There's only so much you can do with the system.

Firesweep Lance is really, really good for a bunch of blue fliers. Rally Def/Res is also a great skill to inherit.

Good to hear. I actually pulled my first Cordelia in the same set of rolls but since I have a Hinoka already I needed to think of a good way to differentiate their skillsets. I'm thinking a Firesweep Lance might be the way to do so. Now I just have to decide who suits it better. My Hinoka is +1 with +ATK/-SPD whereas Cordelia is +SPD/-HP. Anyone have any advice?

On a related note, I also pulled my fourth 5* Clair in about 30 orbs from the Tempest Banner (Yes, all 4 in less than 30 orbs). I don't know what's going on but my luck continues to be both the best and the worst since I was rolling for a Lukas, primarily because I liked his character. I think they might actually be lying about him being available on the banner. At the same time I'm overflowing with Hit & Run for inheritance on fliers which is great for the above units in my experience. Are there any other B passive skills which are better for fliers like Cordelia and Hinoka or should I just go ahead and inherit because Clair sucks?

spiritfox

Okay. Now this is something I'm excited for. Berkut was a really good Villain in SoV. I'm sure he'll be a red sword or red cavalry but it's fine. There's only so much you can do with the system.

Good to hear. I actually pulled my first Cordelia in the same set of rolls but since I have a Hinoka already I needed to think of a good way to differentiate their skillsets. I'm thinking a Firesweep Lance might be the way to do so. Now I just have to decide who suits it better. My Hinoka is +1 with +ATK/-SPD whereas Cordelia is +SPD/-HP. Anyone have any advice?

On a related note, I also pulled my fourth 5* Clair in about 30 orbs from the Tempest Banner (Yes, all 4 in less than 30 orbs). I don't know what's going on but my luck continues to be both the best and the worst since I was rolling for a Lukas, primarily because I liked his character. I think they might actually be lying about him being available on the banner. At the same time I'm overflowing with Hit & Run for inheritance on fliers which is great for the above units in my experience. Are there any other B passive skills which are better for fliers like Cordelia and Hinoka or should I just go ahead and inherit because Clair sucks?

Berkut has a legendary lance.

The only B skill better than Hit & Run for Brave (and Firesweep) fliers is Drag Back, only because it has the added use of pulling back enemy units. But Hit & Run is better if there's a lot of impassable terrain cause Drag Back will fail if the unit can't move to that terrain.

OVDRobo

Berkut has a legendary lance.

The only B skill better than Hit & Run for Brave (and Firesweep) fliers is Drag Back, only because it has the added use of pulling back enemy units. But Hit & Run is better if there's a lot of impassable terrain cause Drag Back will fail if the unit can't move to that terrain.

I totally glazed over Berkut using a lance somehow. I just assume rival villains always use swords for some reason. I was also real tired when I fought him so I'll blame that instead of me just being dumb.

Since I don't have any available drag back outside of Roderick who I need for his lance, I'll just give both of them Hit & Run so I can rid my barracks of this failure. Thanks.

Golnei

Just fought Berkut in SoV; fight was good, but he himself is stupid as a villain. His voice is ace tho.

I thought he was serviceable enough, though not particularly impressive as a character - at least he had some kind of coherent arc and motivation, even if it wasn't handled as well as it could have been (especially with how it played into Rinea being this minor nonentity on the sidelines). But the voice was definitely a highlight towards the end - I hope his skill quotes in Heroes are similarly excessive.

Trunx28

Is your Kagero of a good nature? My +atk one is a monster, she's so useful to easily get rid of any infantry unit, regardless of their color...

+atk and +res, according to the stats calculator (which is weird, as her attack at level 1 5* is 11, not 10)

Roman

Those natures could practically not have made this decision easier for you. +Spd Cordelia is literally the best unit in the game for Firesweep Lance. +Atk Hinoka is perfect for Brave Lance.

Hit and Run is better than Drag Back here, especially for Firesweep. Your priority isn't dragging enemies back - it's getting away safely, regardless of terrain or whether the enemy was killed.

OVDRobo

Those natures could practically not have made this decision easier for you. +Spd Cordelia is literally the best unit in the game for Firesweep Lance. +Atk Hinoka is perfect for Brave Lance.

Hit and Run is better than Drag Back here, especially for Firesweep. Your priority isn't dragging enemies back - it's getting away safely, regardless of terrain or whether the enemy was killed.

Perfect. The Cordelia's very much a work-in-progress. I haven't had the resources to even 5* her yet and It's going to be tough justifying 5*'ing Roderick for the best version of the lance but it seems like an interesting build and if I have to run an x-Emblem team I typically use Flier Emblem so it's probably worth the investment.

Thanks for the advice. I figured +ATK Hinoka was good for the Brave Lance but I haven't looked into what's good for Cordelia all that much since I just assumed I'd never get one since I hadn't since launch.

Roman

Perfect. The Cordelia's very much a work-in-progress. I haven't had the resources to even 5* her yet and It's going to be tough justifying 5*'ing Roderick for the best version of the lance but it seems like an interesting build and if I have to run an x-Emblem team I typically use Flier Emblem so it's probably worth the investment.

Thanks for the advice. I figured +ATK Hinoka was good for the Brave Lance but I haven't looked into what's good for Cordelia all that much since I just assumed I'd never get one since I hadn't since launch.

It's absolutely worth it. Feel free to also teach her Galeforce (which she comes with) and a Spd increasing offensive A like Life and Death or Swift Sparrow.

A non +Spd Cordelia's only option would have been Brave Lance.

With Hit and Run on multiple fliers, that Cordelia, a +Atk Cherche and a Palla you suddenly have the tools to destroy the metagame.

Now that I have another 5* to train I'm ready to promote a unit. I've been side eyeing (M) Robin for a while since I entirely lack a blue mage, but then I remembered I also lack a Archer as well.

The two Archers I've been look at are:

Rebecca (+ATK,-SPD)

and

Clarisse

Even though Clarisse has slightly higher spd than Rebecca, my Rebecca runs darting blow which eliminates Clarisse's spd advantage while attacking. Rebecca also runs Seal Atk which competes with Clarisse's debuff with her bow.

I'm actually leaning towards Rebecca right now because she has a higher RES stat than Clarisse and thus would have an easier time dealing with mages.

Now that I have another 5* to train I'm ready to promote a unit. I've been side eyeing (M) Robin for a while since I entirely lack a blue mage, but then I remembered I also lack a Archer as well.

The two Archers I've been look at are:

Rebecca (+ATK,-SPD)

and

Clarisse

Even though Clarisse has slightly higher spd than Rebecca, my Rebecca runs darting blow which eliminates Clarisse's spd advantage while attacking. Rebecca also runs Seal Atk which competes with Clarisse's debuff with her bow.

I'm actually leaning towards Rebecca right now because she has a higher RES stat than Clarisse and thus would have an easier time dealing with mages.

Hm, I dunno. -Spd on Rebecca (31) means Clarisse could run Fury (37) and Rebecca could only tie via Darting Blow i.e. Clarisse would have roughly the same player phase while having a stronger enemy phase.

Seal Atk is also...not the most loved of skills. Ideally, you'll kill whoever you fight against, negating its usefulness. Clarisse's Bow works a little differently, debuffing targets other than the one you just killed, which may include a target Clarisse is forced to tank after killing.

kswiston

I am on a pretty big 5-star summon drought. The current Tempest Trials banner is up to 8% and I didn't see any 5-star rolls for a least three 20 orb pulls before then...

I just want a 40% bonus character to speed up the grind!

On the plus side, I am well on the way to finishing my Nino. One day, I will have enough usable units to do the squad assault...

I am on a pretty big 5-star summon drought. The current Tempest Trials banner is up to 8% and I didn't see any 5-star rolls for a least three 20 orb pulls before then...

On the plus side, I am well on the way to finishing my Nino. One day, I will have enough usable units to do the squad assault...

If you're just looking for a 40% score boost this Tempest, aim for Mae (Blue) or Boey (Green). They're both available at 4*.

Hm, I dunno. -Spd on Rebecca (31) means Clarisse could run Fury (37) and Rebecca could only tie via Darting Blow i.e. Clarisse would have roughly the same player phase while having a stronger enemy phase.

Seal Atk is also...not the most loved of skills. Ideally, you'll kill whoever you fight against, negating its usefulness. Clarisse's Bow works a little differently, debuffing targets other than the one you just killed, which may include a target Clarisse is forced to tank after killing.
Fury is an option for Clarisse certainly but I tend to shy away from the skill, the only person I run with it is Nino right now. But your post certainly gives me more to think about in regards to Clarisse's weapon debuff advantage.

Weebos

Banned

8% as in 16% combined? Or just 8% combined?

8% combined is just business as usual.

I've never heard of somebody getting 16% combined, that's legendary bad luck.

Mupod

I'm assuming it's 4+4%. My worst ever on one banner is 6.25% so 12.5% combined and I've never even heard of someone here beating that.

I'm not really on what I consider a drought yet. I hit 4% on the Fury banner and I never got a Reinhardt on the Vantage one, but I got Nowi and Peri from it (both -atk but I found uses for em).

I'll probably just save until a Sacred Stones focus. It can't be THAT far off now.

kswiston

8% as in 16% combined? Or just 8% combined?

8% combined is just business as usual.

I've never heard of somebody getting 16% combined, that's legendary bad luck.

No, just 8% combined. My last 5-star pull was one of the clerics in the week before the voting gauntlet (I was trying to get Elise, I think I got Claire). I pulled two rounds on the swimsuit banner, and at least one (maybe 2) on one of the other banners.

7-8 full pulls with no 5-stars is still pretty crummy run. The chance of not getting a 5-star in 35 summons, factoring in the rate boosts, is 9.5%.

I'm not claiming that it's legendarily bad, but it is still annoying :p

Ninferno

I'll probably just save until a Sacred Stones focus. It can't be THAT far off now.

It CAN be if IS keeps doing month-long BSes. Imagine if the whole August is just CYL like July is just swimsuits. Imagine how freaked out some people here would be; it almost makes too much sense for IS to not do it. lol

vareon

If I already have a fully built 5* Azura, is it worth it spending 20000 feathers to upgrade Olivia? I kinda want to upgrade a hero to 5* but I don't know who.

Spoit

If I already have a fully built 5* Azura, is it worth it spending 20000 feathers to upgrade Olivia? I kinda want to upgrade a hero to 5* but I don't know who.

Given how the meta shifted, it is nice to have someone who can handle Hectors without using up a 2nd slot....but No, it's probably not really worth it, unless you need to eek out a couple more points a fight. Which you don't, with Azura

Ninferno

It's definitely not necessary but I did it anyway despite having Azura, and I gave her Ruby Sword+ too. Due to the prominence of color advantage in FEH, it doesn't feel too wasteful to have units of the same category (dancer, tank, nuke, etc) but different colors. For example, Reinhardt + Olivia will always work better than Reinhardt + Azura. I never regret dumping more than 40k feathers for Olivia as she has proven to be very useful (especially when paired with Reinhardt) in Tempest, GHBs and more difficult story missions.

A good alternative you can also consider is 4* + x, if you have a lot of Olivias of lower rarities. It costs less and yield higher short term return.

If you have feathers lying around and no prime candidates to use them on yet, consider bringing the 3 starter lords up to 5*. That should keep you busy for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom