• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
While rerolling for +Spd Summer Corrin, I rolled a +HP/-Spd Hector. The IVs don't seem to be too bad. Should I keep him or continue rerolling for a +Spd Corrin?
That's a really good Hector, he is cemented as one of the best units in the game and has only appeared on a focus banner once. He also needs next to no help around him to be good whereas SCorrin will need help.

That's a really good Hector, he is cemented as one of the best units in the game and has only appeared on a focus banner once. He also needs next to no help around him to be good whereas SCorrin will need help.

Keep the Hector, he's cool.

oh absolutely. The sheer number of feathers I'll save will be nice, and it'll make it easier to find 4-5* characters like Roy, Reinhardt, Titania, Effie etc. I still have never found an Effie.

I'd keep it for sure, he'll serve you well. You've got all month to waste orbs on that other banner anyways. Save what you can for Hero Fest though.

Alright, thanks! I'll keep him. What's the recommended build for him?

Mupod

Hector's also especially good for a new player because he absolutely demolishes story maps and a lot of grand hero battles. I didn't suggest rerolling for him purely because it's so unlikely that you'd find one, lol.

Pivot is a must, it allows him to keep up with your other units and get himself out of trouble. You can find it most easily on Cherche.

If you have it Vantage (Lon'qu) is the classic B slot and works great on him, in particular you'll love how easy it makes story stuff and SP farming. Wings of Mercy also works but I find it isn't necessary to keep up with your other units, and it's more of an annoying defense team kind of skill. G Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker are situational abilities I keep on mine because he has so much SP I can do anything I want.

C slot is whatever. I put Hone Speed on mine because I feel like everyone else on the team needs speed more than Hector. Everyone tends to huddle around him so he's fine as a buffer. Threaten Defense is a more selfish option that might be a more valuable thing for you right now considering he's gonna be your main guy. It makes Vantage even nastier.

For your special, Bonfire is a safe and reasonably common option. Mine is +def so that was a no brainer and I haven't done the math on whether anything else is better. But I also gave mine Sacred Cowl which has come in handy in arena lately.

Give him Vantage or Wings of Mercy for his B skill...and then win. His special and C Skill are up to you.

Is Distant Counter a his A skill?

Hector's also especially good for a new player because he absolutely demolishes story maps and a lot of grand hero battles. I didn't suggest rerolling for him purely because it's so unlikely that you'd find one, lol.

Pivot is a must, it allows him to keep up with your other units and get himself out of trouble. You can find it most easily on Cherche.

If you have it Vantage (Lon'qu) is the classic B slot and works great on him, in particular you'll love how easy it makes story stuff and SP farming. Wings of Mercy also works but I find it isn't necessary to keep up with your other units, and it's more of an annoying defense team kind of skill. G Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker are situational abilities I keep on mine because he has so much SP I can do anything I want.

C slot is whatever. I put Hone Speed on mine because I feel like everyone else on the team needs speed more than Hector. Everyone tends to huddle around him so he's fine as a buffer. Threaten Defense is a more selfish option that might be a more valuable thing for you right now considering he's gonna be your main guy. It makes Vantage even nastier.

For your special, Bonfire is a safe and reasonably common option. Mine is +def so that was a no brainer and I haven't done the math on whether anything else is better. But I also gave mine Sacred Cowl which has come in handy in arena lately.
Thanks! I think I'll end up going Vantage and Threaten Defense. I'll probably go Bonfire for the special. Although mine is +HP, his defense is still pretty high, so the attack boost is nice. I happened to summon Cherche along with Hector, so Pivot is covered.

Xetherion

Default skills mostly, Vantage or Renewal or Wings of Mercy for B slot, C slot can be whatever fits your team best, or Threaten ATK/DEF if you want. Give him Pivot as his Assist skill so he can get around the map faster.

I personally run Vantage, but i'd consider Renewal if i had any Renewal 3 fodder. Vantage makes him tough to kill if your opponent can't one-shot him, but Renewal can bring him back into Armads range if you can keep from taking damage for a round. Wings of Mercy if you want to put Hector on your Arena defense team and catch people by surprise.

I remember in the first TT when having Hector in the final stage could end my run. Thankfully he's green like Veronica so one buffed red mage could handle both.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is Distant Counter a good A skill?
It's one of the best. Hector is arguably the best defensive character in the game, and DC is one of the reasons for that.

Hector is what we call an "enemy phase" unit in that he excels at just standing there and letting enemies walk up and kill themselves on him when it's their turn. You don't attack with him much, if at all. You walk him up to the enemy, hit end turn, and watch your enemies break themselves on him.

This is because Hector has all the tools to be an excellent counterattacker.
- First of all, he's very tanky with high defensive stats and HP since he's an armored unit. Most units can't kill him in one turn if they're the ones initiating the attack.
- Hector himself hits pretty hard, with a decent attack stat.
- Hector's Armads axe lets him double counterattack anyone attacking him if he has more than 70%(I think?) health, meaning that he usually does enough damage to cripple or kill anyone attacking into him if he has enough HP at the start of the fight.
- Distant Counter means that any archers or mages that attack him will likely die to Hector's counterattack. Mages need to be VERY strong to take down Hector in one hit before Hector counterattacks (and likely kills them), though these exist. The main counter to armored units is to soften them up by using ranged units for free hits, but Distant Counter negates this advantage.

Default skills mostly, Vantage or Renewal or Wings of Mercy for B slot, C slot can be whatever fits your team best, or Threaten ATK/DEF if you want. Give him Pivot as his Assist skill so he can get around the map faster.

I personally run Vantage, but i'd consider Renewal if i had any Renewal 3 fodder. Vantage makes him tough to kill if your opponent can't one-shot him, but Renewal can bring him back into Armads range if you can keep from taking damage for a round. Wings of Mercy if you want to put Hector on your Arena defense team and catch people by surprise.

Sol is a good remedy for getting back to QR range as well. That and/or partner him with a unit that has reciprocal aid or Ardent sacrifice.

Whizkid7

wREg9Y2.jpg

I...I was not expecting Corrin after Celica popped up. Mage Emblem's not a thing, right? I'm gonna make it a thing, at this rate.

mjc

Yes, but he needs more people to tell him how great the typing is.

Oh man, you +speed and -defense on a mage?! That's awesome, congrats!

I honestly don't know the best numbers for classes, I barely know how to cultivate skills and stuff. But that's good to know.

wREg9Y2.jpg

I...I was not expecting Corrin after Celica popped up. Mage Emblem's not a thing, right? I'm gonna make it a thing, at this rate.

Oh it's a thing! It is an incredibly frustrating thing at that. Usually see one in arena once or twice a week and they are always accompanied by a dancer. If you give them all drag back skills the AI will keep them bunched up.

I'm hoarding orbs on my alt account to get Celica on the upcoming TT banner as I already have Delthea, Linde, and Nino.

chrono01

Considering dipping into my orb stash to try for Summer Corrin (she's too cute to pass on). Does anyone know if the 4* rate increase will apply to all banners when it's instituted, or just banners released past the point the change happens? If it's the former, I might wait until August 8th before I spend.

Considering dipping into my orb stash to try for Summer Corrin (she's too cute to pass on). Does anyone know if the 4* rate increase will apply to all banners when it's instituted, or just banners released past the point the change happens? If it's the former, I might wait until August 8th before I spend.

Only on banners announced after August 7th. So none of the current ones have the swapped rates.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I honestly don't know the best numbers for classes, I barely know how to cultivate skills and stuff. But that's good to know.

With all mages, -def is the best bane because you never want to take a melee hit.

That Flier 10th Stratum monthly challenge is going much more smoothly now (or rather, done already) with S Corrin and a Brave Axe'd +atk Cherche (4*+5 same as 5*). 5* Catria for general tank, 5* Camilla for res, and/or 4* Caeda for Red and Fortify fliers. Should get either Caeda or Palla built up further as a red. Will keep an enthusiastic eye out for other fliers now.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
wREg9Y2.jpg

Definitely a thing. Few defensive teams are as scary as three glass cannons and a dancer, all charging at you at once.

chrono01

250 Orbs, no Summer Corrin. Welp.

For 5*, I got Summer Elise (+HP, -RES), Roderick (-DEF, +RES) and Azura (-SPD, +DEF). That's it. Of course the one saving grace COULD have been Azura, but I had to hit a -SPD nature on her. Of course.

:/

Vena

With all mages, -def is the best bane because you never want to take a melee hit.

-def M/F Robin? Wut are you doing?

Some mages are actually built around physical bulk. Now, most of them suck (Boey, Merric) but never doubt (always fear) the MRobin.

Zafir

I missed 2 of Fred's multiplier bonuses because of sleep.

I missed some because of work. :X

Poor Fred got ruined by

A) Gaius getting the last multiplier
B) Time zone issues. Gaius actually had more players at the start, I assume this is because he might be more popular in Japan. Fred took over in terms of members as the round went on but it was too late, and if anything meant that the gap wasn't large enough to ever get another bonus to spring back.

He was robbed.

chrono01

Hey, I also got -SPD Azura pulling for Corrin. High five!
I'm only going to go halfway for the o/, due to the nature. Although, the more I think about it...does -SPD really matter? I mean, she's basically just there to dance, but having lower speed means when she is attacked, she's more likely to get doubled.

This is why I hate the boon/bane system. I should be happy in my pull, since Azura is a nice character (even though I REALLY wanted S. Corrin...), but because I got hit with the -SPD bane, it's a bittersweet moment for me. I'm just happy I didn't spend money on this and used F2P orbs instead.

But congrats to us both? Lucky to get her, but unlucky on the nature. I guess it can't be helped. Will be nice not to have to use Olivia anymore.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm only going to go halfway for the o/, due to the nature. Although, the more I think about it...does -SPD really matter? I mean, she's basically just there to dance, but having lower speed means when she is attacked, she's more likely to get doubled.

This is why I hate the boon/bane system. I should be happy in my pull, since Azura is a nice character (even though I REALLY wanted S. Corrin...), but because I got hit with the -SPD bane, it's a bittersweet moment for me. I'm just happy I didn't spend money on this and used F2P orbs instead.

But congrats to us both? Lucky to get her, but unlucky on the nature. I guess it can't be helped. Will be nice not to have to use Olivia anymore.

Honestly I was just kind of being sarcastic. I don't think the -SPD bane is anything to celebrate, but it could be worse and have been on a unit where -SPD is more crippling.

I've spent a fair amount of money trying to get Corrin. I now know that flying beauties will elude me in this game no matter what. Spring Camilla took me 500 Orbs to get. I was due for an unlucky streak since the bride banner, the ylissean summer, and Sonya banner were very nice to me. It still hurts.

chrono01

Honestly I was just kind of being sarcastic. I don't think the -SPD bane is anything to celebrate, but it could be worse and have been on a unit where -SPD is more crippling.

I've spent a fair amount of money trying to get Corrin. I now know that flying beauties will elude me in this game no matter what. Spring Camilla took me 500 Orbs to get. I was due for an unlucky streak since the bride banner, the ylissean summer, and Sonya banner were very nice to me. It still hurts.
Oh, haha. Yeah, I definitely would have preferred something other than -SPD. It's just frustrating that, from my experience, every character I get that I absolutely want...has generally been a bad nature. Granted, I was lucky with my +ATK Reinhardt, but the -ATK Ike I pulled back on his banner still haunts me. I got lucky with Spring Camilla actually (no joke, pulled her on my first green orb and managed to get another while trying for Spring Lucina), but I really wanted Summer Corrin. Oh well, time to move on. I still have a few orbs to grind and the banner will be here for a while more, but I'm not sure if I should cut my losses here and start saving for the CYH banner, which was my original plan.

Damn you, summer banner!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
-def M/F Robin? Wut are you doing?

Some mages are actually built around physical bulk. Now, most of them suck (Boey, Merric) but never doubt (always fear) the MRobin.

Ah yes, that mythical -def FRobin. :)

Just installed this and rolled Summer Corrin, is that a decent 5* to start out with?

You can read through the last page or 2 for some thoughts on starting with her. She's a great character but she takes a full team with some skill inheritance to reach her max potential.

Here's a general tier list to get an idea of how units are valued: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Inheritance_Tier_List

That said, I wouldn't take this, or any tier list, as gospel.

lt519

BTW 7x Elise multiplier. 150k for one battle haha. It came too early though, she won't be able to hold off Corrin for the win with 4 hours to go.

x-Lundz-x

Ah yes, that mythical -def FRobin. :)

You can read through the last page or 2 for some thoughts on starting with her. She's a great character but she takes a full team with some skill inheritance to reach her max potential.

Here's a general tier list to get an idea of how units are valued: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Inheritance_Tier_List

That said, I wouldn't take this, or any tier list, as gospel.

Awesome thanks commish

lt519

Team Elise might be losing the battle but not in the leaderboard!

Haha damn, I missed a multiplier somewhere along the line. I still have a bunch of flags I could grind out in the tower if she pulls close for the last hour, but meh.

Edit: oh wow thats all team elise in the top 177

bigzgod

Haha damn, I missed a multiplier somewhere along the line. I still have a bunch of flags I could grind out in the tower if she pulls close for the last hour, but meh.

Edit: oh wow thats all team elise in the top 177

Yeah, somewhere in the top 630, there's one person from another team, based on Zero1K's (from FEH Discord) screenshot, who is also in Team Elise:

IMG_20170802_151820_101.JPG

P.S. Join the discord because we have this emote
ut1jRUL.png

Was somehow lucky enough to pull a S Corrin so now i have both mage fliers. For my WIP flier emblem team would dual blade be the way to go? I was thinking of putting blarblade on S Corrin and Gronnraven + TA on Bunny Camilla to deal with grays.

Hi all...

Running this team lately, but feel like I should sub someone.

Hector
S Corrin
B Cordelia
Ike

Mostly, feeling like maybe Ike's slot could be better utilized in a team setting? Anyone have a suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom