• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

As I'm in eternal loop of 18-19 tier, my core arena team of Xander (not the naked or with vegi weapon ones), Azure, and Reinhardt are pretty much settled. In the latest 7 wins, I didn't even use my bonus character once. As long as it moves fast enough to stay out of harms way, it doesn't matter who that is any more.

I put in an effort to try and break back into T20 this week since I have a good Robin. Not sure I'll make the cut, but I'm going to grind some Titania SP and get her some more skills and try and break 4810, should do it. I was on track doing that and on match 6 I ran into a godly 694 flier emblem, so still at 4802 :/

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm at 4808 and set to go into T20. I think I'm rank 2000ish right now and the cutoff is 6300ish. Used Hana as this week's bonus unit.

Mupod

4790 points has me at rank 5089 of ~7000. Just been casually doing arena with 3 members of horse emblem and Robin standing around doing nothing. Been getting a lot of bad 678 point matches, but it's voting gauntlet week so I'm kinda just rolling with it as I need the match clears anyhow.

Don't think 4790 will hold but a few points higher would do it this week I think.

Is there a benefit to using more than one bonus unit in arena?

Nope. Just bring one.

mjc

No. One is enough.

4790 points has me at rank 5089 of ~7000. Just been casually doing arena with 3 members of horse emblem and Robin standing around doing nothing. Been getting a lot of bad 678 point matches, but it's voting gauntlet week so I'm kinda just rolling with it as I need the match clears anyhow.

Don't think 4790 will hold but a few points higher would do it this week I think.

Nope. Just bring one.

Awesome, thanks. Could explain why I'm getting murdered bringing summer Xander and Corrin along for the ride. This run of arena is destroying me. Ike and Rein can eat my shorts.

Scum

Nope. Just bring one.
Disgusting. #Hax
Which three? :p

Mupod

Disgusting. #Hax
Which three? :p

TA2 Xander (hone cavalry)
Gronnblade+ Cecilia (hone)
Blarblade+ Ursula (fortify)

even with much lower buffed damage than Cecilia, ursula is still overkill for the kind of reds you see in arena (ryoma, ike, xander, occasional celica). Hell she one shots Camus.

I could bump her up a bit more by giving Robin Hone Defense, and he has the SP, I just don't wanna waste the feathers. Also his spur def 4 (rank 3 + seal) lets him give 6 defense to adjacent units. He can facetank reds pretty well too.

Sterok

Well, I might have to give up on my dragon riding dragon. Got Summer Xander. +Spd/-Atk. Well at least I'm that much closer to running Xander Emblem now.

lt519

Still 357 on total rank and have only hit Robin with 400 flags during multipliers.

Now I'm determined to stay in the top 1000 for the sport of it. I'm sure the big 7x will come during sleep haha.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
three summoning sessions in a row without blue orbs

:mad:

There should be a way to back out, even at a cost of 1 orb. It's so annoying to build a huge pity meter, see no orb color that you want, then "waste" it on a stupid unit that you had no desire to roll for.

*Looks at the 5-star Hawkeye I rolled last night*

At least Hawk can give someone DB.

There should be a way to back out, even at a cost of 1 orb. It's so annoying to build a huge pity meter, see no orb color that you want, then "waste" it on a stupid unit that you had no desire to roll for.

Yeah you're not just fighting the pity rate, but you need the colour you want too.

Had 4 blue orbs at 4% earlier and pulled two Subakis, Est, and MRobin. And my most recent pull was 4 red and a colourless. Got the wrong Corrin.

bigzgod

We now have a channel to analyze Arena AI if you want to learn more about it and get better at arena!

Join the discord! Link in the OP!

Sushen

I need a durable blue melee unit in my 3rd team that will provide reposition to my blue and green mages. I tried to like S!Robin, but she's coming up short as she's atk- where she can't finish her job at times.

Ephraim is pretty good except his res is lacking. She I give Nowi a chance? I have atk+/spd- and spd+/something else- Nowi for the job.

I need a durable blue melee unit in my 3rd team that will provide reposition to my blue and green mages. I tried to like S!Robin, but she's coming up short as she's atk- where she can't finish her job at times.

Ephraim is pretty good except his res is lacking. She I give Nowi a chance? I have atk+/spd- and spd+/something else- Nowi for the job.

Nowi is pretty good. Slap QR on her and she will take a chunk out of ranged attackers.

sense

I am so used to playing arena with bridelia, Nino and Azura with a rotating 4th bonus character lol. Consistently win 7 in a row without unit loss but in order for me to go from tier 19 -20 I might have to change it up as the max score is never enough. As soon as I drop Nino or bridelia I end up most of the time with atleast one unit loss in one of the rounds ......

what are some good units that also are good for high scores in arena?

I am so used to playing arena with bridelia, Nino and Azura with a rotating 4th bonus character lol. Consistently win 7 in a row without unit loss but in order for me to go from tier 19 -20 I might have to change it up as the max score is never enough. As soon as I drop Nino or bridelia I end up most of the time with atleast one unit loss in one of the rounds ......

You could try merging Nino to get higher scores.

Vena

MRobin with CC!

Or Mathilda for a less top tier answer.

bigzgod

19->20 is roughly 4790-4800. What scores are you getting now? You need 684-686 every match to hit that.

lt519

Spent a toooon of crests but improved from 4802 to 4816. Took forever to cherry pick matches and I lost a couple long steaks due to jacked up horse teams, but T20 will be worth it. Will coast back to T18 next couple weeks and just collect crests.

Edit: yeah 686 every round is 4802, I wanted to be safe so kept rolling for a couple 690+ rounds, which then get you blasted by a +10 Rein every now and then. I accepted a 694 with a Cecilia lead and knew I was in for a fight, these maps are really difficult for me. I barely used Robin so it was basically 3v4.

I definitely agree with you. But sadly, I can't continue this conversation since a +HP -Atk Cordelia just ruined my 4.25%

giphy.gif

f*ck IVs

Ninferno

We now have a channel to analyze Arena AI if you want to learn more about it and get better at arena!

Cool, will check out the discussion there, though maybe only occasionally.

Did quite some cherry picking this week to get up to 4886. Had to sacrifice a spare -Atk Lucina to give my Olivia Aether. Not sure if it will be enough to stay in T20, but even if it's not, it's not the end of the world; my attention has been shifted to the upcoming Arena Assault anyway. Conducted some massive human sacrifices today for my bench 5*s to fill up their empty slots, giving them 300 SP AOE specials, and low-priority assist and passive skills. I think I now have 24 units fully SI'ed (not in terms of real combat capability and synergy, but plain arena points). Hopefully I can pick up a few more on the Celica Tempest, and Hero Fest banners. As a result of this arena assault preparation, my number of units in box has dropped from 215 to 193. lol I really need those empty spaces though, as I'm getting ready to unleash 200+ orbs on the two aforementioned banners, and probably the Scorn banner too, if I got anything left.

Ondore

Summon simulators are a depressing idea; just ran a test against the old Celica banner to see how long it'd take to pull one sniping red, and it took 400+ orbs to get her. (Got 2 Liliana, which I wouldn't mind considering my red mage supply is *still* Raigh, Sophia, and a neutral Henry I promoted to 5* because I had literally no other choice.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't forget about those mystery coins coming soon. Some think you'll be able to exchange them for a nature reroll.

No chance IMO. I am convinced the coins will be spent on stuff relating to skills. Ether a Sacred Seal Shop, or a Skill Shop with Daily selections.

There isn't even a guarantee that whatever they are for will go live with the August update, they may just let you start collecting them, and open up the store for them in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom